Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• edited December 2014

You guys have certainly grown in imagination since then! I'm quite proud of it too. :D

No problem, storyteller!

EDIT: (I just realized that poor elf got launched by Santa's candy cane club :S)

EMMYPESS posted: »

Yes! Those and those extra little challenges! They made me consider writing more, and now look where we all are! And thank you

• You forgot about the Grendels, Stone! XD

MasterStone posted: »

Merry Christmas, ze dragons, ghouls, ferrets, and porgies,grendels!

• edited December 2014

Short, but very attention-getting. Can't wait to see more of Cindy Lu Lu, and welcome to the thread too!

It was that time of year again. Cindy Lu Lu always enjoyed the holiday cheer of Christmas. ''Cindy! It's time to wake up sweety! Your pre

• edited December 2014

Very nice to see another one of your brilliant short stories. This one absolutely is...

Alt text

Chrsitmas of 1789 Snow's quill stained the paper in the firelight. She was going to be working well past midnight, possibly into the wee

• edited December 2014

Surprisingly, Emily looks extremely worried about Junior. An interesting page indeed!

pudding_pie posted: »

Porgie Clan Pg. 11 Any questions, you know the drill

• Emily is one of those siblings who will keep a secret, no matter how severe, to herself should you ask. However, when that secret nearly yanks your brother into the depths of hell, how long can she keep her mouth shut?

Will explain in future chapters. Glad you like. :)

Surprisingly, Emily looks extremely worried about Junior. An interesting page indeed!

• You forgot about the Grendels, Stone! XD

Robert is going to come and get ya', Stone! xD

You forgot about the Grendels, Stone! XD

• Not too long, I assume. Regardless, she cares for each one of them deeply I bet!

This dragon does like, for sure!

Emily is one of those siblings who will keep a secret, no matter how severe, to herself should you ask. However, when that secret nearly yan

• Christmas Challenge

The Porgie Clan landed beside the truck, not to far from the bridge. It returned to its original form, as Santa waved down below. The kids, especially Katie, took the time to part with the jolly man in the red suit. They cuddled the Reindeers and fed them some oats Santa had within his sleigh. Santa gave them each a red bag with the magical dust. It glowed in their hands.

"HO HO HO! Now use this only around Fabletown and always believe in the magic of love and joy."

Georgie shoke Santa's hand, as he returned to his seat in the sleigh.

"Thank ya', Santa, fa' takin' the time ta' see me kids..."

Santa beams, as his eyes twinkle against the flurries. "You have wonderful little pups, Fables and Grendel children, Georgie. You have been blessed a thousand times. Its great to see you've taken such interest in preserving the spirit of the holidays."

"Guess me own was, well, excuse my language but shit. I didn't want that ta' die as they got older..."

"You won't have to worry about that. Now, remember kids-" Santa waves at the eager children. "Be good and I will make sure next year to get you all something special."

Gren embraced Isaiah one last time, as his brother climbed to the back of the sleigh.

"Thanks for lettin' us take a look 'round and show the kids Santa's place."

Isaiah brushes a pile of snow off of his shoulders. "Its the LEAST I can do for you, Grendel. If you ever want to visit again, just let me know ahead of time. I'd like to see more of my brothers but understand how busy your lives have gotten."

"Well, if you ever need a break from the jolly red giant there, come on down and we can hit a bar or grab some food."

A gust of wind nearly takes off with Isaiah's hat. "I'd like that." He smiles, grabbing the hat. "Would love to see Robert, too. RJ looks just like him and it made me kinda upset he didn't come today..."

Gren dips his hands back into his pockets. The temperature was dropping quickly. "I'll let him know next time..."

The sleigh levitated into the air, as the Reindeers pawed at the ground. The children gathered around Georgie, as they waved him goodbye. Mary, however, leaned against the truck and continued chewing on her Skittles. As she closed her eyes and became lost in a world of sugar, Santa called out her name. He reached into his bag, pulled out a neatly wrapped gift and tossed it in her direction.

"I almost forgot. This is for you."

"What is this, Santa?"

"Open it on Christmas day, silly."

Mary huffed. "But I don't want anything from you-"

Before Mary could finish, Santa winks and flies back to the North Pole. The children continue to grasp their new toys and gifts, as they wave until Santa disappears into the winter sky. Gren, now sitting in the driver's seat, honks the horn.

"Let's move, people! The storm is getting worse over here."

Mary laughs, as she pulls out Junior's mirror. "Fuck this. I'm heading home the old fashioned way."

Junior grabs her arm. "Mary, no! Stay here. Please...."

Those eyes, Mary thought. Fuck. Junior held her jacket tightly, as he stared into Mary's eyes. His icy blues glistened, as his smile grew with each passing second. Mary was ashamed that something so little had a grasp on what was left of her soul. Giving in to the litte Porgie's pleas, Mary grabs the seabelt buckle and straps herself into the seat. Junior, now overwhelmed with delightful emotions, wraps his arms around Mary's neck.

"Thank you..."

Mary digs into her pocket and pulls out more candy. She offers some to Junior, who gladly takes up on her offer.

"You're welcome, Porgie. Ya' little shit...."

Georgie, now in the passenger seat, looks in the mirror. The children are consumed with Christmas cheer; each take the drive home as an opportunity to examine their gifts and exchange stories of what just took place.

RJ holds up his stuffed animal, as he and Peter play. Emily is preoccupied with her lollipop, Katie and Penelope change their doll's hairs to match their current outfits and Ethan is fast asleep, grasping at his toy and holding it against his face. Georgie turns to face the front; Gren, drinking the rest of his Monster energy drink, taps gently against the wheel and sings a Christmas carol to himself.

"Thanks Grendel."

Gren burps. "Eh, its no problem, Georgie. It was nice to see the old man again."

Georgie beams. "It was...."

"Hey, you hungry?"

"Gettin' there."

Gren turns back onto the blacktop roads, as he pushes down on the gas pedal.

"Wanna stop and get some burgers before we head home?"

Georgie leans into his seat. "Well, let's see what happens from here on out."

Gren nods, as he grabs the volume knob to the radio and turns it up. Mariah Carey's 'All I want for Christmas is you' begins to play. The kids perk up, as they watch their uncle Gren sing. He uses his now empty Monster can as a microphone. Mary rolls her eyes; Gren was indeed a dork and it showed at this moment. It didn't help when Georgie jumped in.

"I, don't want a lot for Christmas. There is just one thing I need. I don't care about the presents, underneath the Christmas tree." Gren hands Georgie the can. "Take it from there, Porgie."

Georgie holds the top to his lips. The kids begin to laugh. "I just want ya' fa' my own. More than ya' can eva' know. Make my wish come truuuuue....All, I want for Christmaaaaaaas...."

Gren leans into Georgie. Together, they sing the last section.

".....Is....YOU!"

The song continues to play, as everyone chimes in. Even Mary is caught mumbling a few lines, as she and Junior team up to sing the song.

"I just want you for my own, more than you can ever know. Make my wish come true-All I want for Christmas is you. Yooooooou, baby!"

The truck is full of children laughing, singing and dancing. Katie and the others could have sworn they heard sleigh bells, as they drove down the road and returned to Fabletown.

Christmas Day

"Take turns!" Lyla hands out the gifts to the children. "ONE gift at a time! EMILY! Wait, love! Mommy want's to take pictures."

The Porgie family gather around the tree, as the children are surrounded by mountains of gifts. Bloody Mary sits on the couch beside Junior, as his little fingers wrap around the ribbon. Jersey sits beside Katie, as the two team up to open gifts. Lyla holds the camera, as she takes pictures of all the smiling faces.

"Mary, smile please."

Mary holds up her middle finger. "How is THIS Lyla?"

"Fine...no Christmas cookies for you Mar-"

"NO!" Junior waves his arms. "No, no, no, mommy....she will smile...."

Mary rolls her eyes and finally gives Lyla the smile she so desired for the picture.

"Alright, kids. Open ONE gift for right now and-"

Lyla did not have a chance, as the kids tore into the wrapping paper. Georgie chuckled, as he and Lyla sat back and watched the children. Jersey took the box and tore the rest of the paper off with his pocket knife. Katie nearly blew up into a thousand excited pieces, as she held up a box. On the front, was a Barbie driving a pink Convertable. She squealed, bounced in place and hugged everyone in the room.

"OH MY GOD!!! I wanted this SOOOO bad, mommy and daddy!!"

Georgie smiles. "Merry Christmas, baby girl."

Emily is next; her eyes are wide as she smiles. Inside the box is a brand new gaming station and two new games.

"Cool...."

"Ya' like it, love?"

"LIKE it, dad? I bloody love it!"

Next, are the twin boys. Peter and Ethan look at one another, as they open their gifts.

"WHOA! Cool!" Peter holds up his box. "The LEGO Minecraft Cave building set. ETHAN-what did you get?!"

"The LEGO Minecraft Mine building set!"

Lyla beams. "They go together or you boys can build them seperatly. Completly up to you."

"Thank you mom and dad!"

"You're welcome, boys. Merry Christmas."

RJ was next, as he ripped off the bow and paper. "Ah cool!"

Peter peeks over. "What did you get, RJ?"

"I got the Bionicle Gali Master of Water AND Pohatu Master of Stone figures! Cool! Thanks mom and daddy Georgie!"

"You're welcome, baby. Merry Christmas. You need to take those with you, so you can show daddy."

"Wonder if he'd play with me."

Georgie pats RJ on the head. "I'm sure he will, son."

Penny was next. She was pleased, as she opened the box. "Oh wow, mommy! The Everafter Dolls!"

Katie leaps over Jersey and sits beside her sister. "Which one did you get?"

"Cedar Wood! Cool! How did you know-"

Georgie points to the window. "Santa told us ya' been a good girl and ya' wanted that one in paticular."

Penny gets up to hug her parents. "Thank you. I'll have to thank Santa later."

Finally, Junior opened his gift. Mary assisted the boy. "No way...." He whispered, holding the box. "No.....way!"

"What is it, my pudding and pie?" Mary rests her chin on Junior's shoulder. "What did you get?"

"A Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for my Nintendo DS AND Super Smash Brothers for my Wii U!"

"I got you the first one. Mommy and daddy got you the second one."

Junior beams, as he kisses Mary on the cheek and blows kisses towards his parents. "I LOVE them! Thank you so much!"

Before Katie grabs another present to open, Junior grabs the present Santa gave Mary.

"Open it, Mary."

"Oh Junior, no...you kids go first and then-"

"Oh come on, Mary." Jersey, antlers decorated with lights and wearing an ugly sweater, holds up his cup. "Open the damn thing. Its Christmas."

Mary sighs, as she tears into the paper. She is stunned by what is inside. It draws her to tears, as Mary covers the top with her hands. Georgie leans forward.

"What is it, Mary?"

"Just a, uh, silly little Ornament. Let um....let the kids go next-"

"Show us!" Junior bounces in his seat. "Show us, Mary!"

Mary fishes the beautiful Ornament crafted by Santa's Elves; it was bright red, decorated with lace, crystals, glitter and jewels. The hook was gold and in the front, was a picture of her and Junior. On the back, a message to Bloody Mary. Lyla gasped.

"Oh Mary...it's beautiful. Now you'll always have not only the spirit of Christmas but Junior as well."

Mary hugs Junior, holding the boy close. Junior leans into her ear.

"Merry Christmas, Mary. I told Santa to make that for you back at the North Pole...."

"It's beautiful, baby....thank you. Merry Christmas....."

Tuckered out, the Porgie kids are asleep under the tree, surrounded by their gifts. Lyla and Georgie tuck the kids with blankets, as they quietly walk up the stairs. The night sky is clear, as the stars shine down and twinkle on the ground. The snow is packed against the house and trees. Georgie and Lyla embrace under the Misteltoe, hanging under the doorway.

"Hello, Mrs. Porgie."

Lyla gigles. "Hello, Mr. Porgie. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, love."

"Thank you." Lyla kisses Georgie's lips.

"For woot, love?"

"Making Christmas something magical and wonderful to the children. I know you never had one yourself and I appreciate you trying to-"

Georgie presses his finger against Lyla's lips. "It's all worth seein' them smile like that."

"Well....now that the kids are asleep and got THEIR gifts, perhaps Mrs. Porgie can give Mr. Porgie his gift tonight?"

The couple passionatly kiss. "Hmmm, well, love. I would love me gift ta'night...."

Hand in hand, they enter their bedroom and lock the door behind them. Meanwhile, Mary enters her mirror. Before she does, she hangs the Ornament with her and Junior's picture in it. It dangles and shimmers in the light. Mary kisses it, as she enters the mirror.

"The best gifts around the Christmas tree, is the presence of the happy family all wrappped up in eachother."

AND that is the end of my Christmas Challenge. :) Hopefully you liked it and if you have any questions, you know the drill. I don't need any gifts this year; I got all I'll ever need and can't wait for what the new year will bring. I have my health, great job, graduate school in the spring; a fiancee that I love with all my heart and soul, who is going to give me a beautiful baby girl. I can't wait to see my Emily. :)

Ahem, sorry for that. xD And sorry for the long chapter. I was having too much fun with the final page.

• Ooops

• Prologue

Georgie returned to the manor, as Nancy began scrubbing the counters in the kitchen. She wore yellow gloves, as she cleaned the tops with soap. She smiled at Georgie, as he grabbed the mop and dipped it into the suds. Carla, in her swing, rocked back and forth. The baby sucked on her pacifier, while the older girls played in the living room.

"So, how is he, Georgie?"

"Who?"

"John...is he, uh, out in the garage-"

"He followed me inside the house. He went upstairs."

Nancy sighed. "He trusts you, Georgie. If you choose to believe that, is entirely up to you."

Georgie, mopping the edge of the stove, looked up. "He trusts me?"

"After two years and you never once questioned him OR the Sheriff, he sees the determination in your eyes to make things better."

Georgie continues to mop. The ends create a soapy mess, as he dips the head into the water. It pours from the ends, as he repeats the process.

"Not gunna lie ta' ya', Nancy. I wasn't too sure when he and the Sheriff came ta' save me ass...take me ta' the Farm."

Nancy sprays cleaner on the window. "Well, you were in a spot that you had no way of getting out...you needed a second chance."

"Be honest with me, Nancy-did ya' think I deserved it?"

Nancy tore off a piece of Bounty paper towel, as she wiped the cleaner off the window. Little birds sat on the fence and began to sing. Nancy opened the window, as the sweet smell of new grass and dirt entered the house.

"Come here, Georgie."

Georgie drops the mop, as he wipes his hands on the side of his pants. Nancy grabs his left hand, as she points outside.

"What do you see, Georgie?"

"Uh...grass. Hills. Trees."

"Every day, the sun rises and falls into the darkness. Like its always done before. Those trees were never sturdy like that. The grass was once a seed and the hills were nothing but tiny piles of dirt."

Nancy pauses to look up at Georgie. His eyes, however, are planted on a nearby Oak tree.

"We all start off as one thing and something happens along the way, were we lose ourselves and the purpose we have in this world. But it takes that extra little push, like the tree, the hill...the grass to grow to its full potential...that makes us take the risk and continue our journey in this world. We all deserve second chances, Georgie. Sometimes our first opportunity was not the right time for us."

"I killed two women, Nancy. Me head should have been on a bloody stake and ma' body down the fookin' Witching Well."

Nancy tightens her grip around Georgie's hand. "If that's the case, we should ALL have our heads on a stake and bodies thrown down the well. Bigby is no saint; he's done horrible things in the past but the town is willing to listen and give him a second chance. Grendel, despite what he says to you or anyone, was a monster in the Homelands. He devoured men as if they were candies."

Georgie sighs. "I know but-"

"John, believe it or not, was a monster himself."

"He...he was..."

Nancy sighs. "I know he'd be furious if you ever knew but John was your typical Werewolf, prowling the streets and sending nightmares into the minds of mundies. He and Malcom were the duo you'd NEVER want to cross on a cold, foggy evening."

"Woot happened?"

"Love." Nancy pats his chest. "Love showed him a different path. The Witches warned him, should he continue his wicked ways, the Council would have no choice but to ban them for all eternity."

Georgie smiled. "Those witches try to solve the world's problems, don't they?"

"We are all born with a purpose in this life, Georgie. Sometimes, we lose our ways and it takes that little push to get us back on the right path."

"Woot did they show John?"

"Me and his potential Wolf cubs. Three years later, we went on our first date. A year later, although we didn't spend much time with Nathanial, shared the months were we did and cherished the time. Another year later, Gina was born."

"Do you think she'll love me for woot I've done, Nancy?"

"I know she will, Georgie. Things happen for a reason."

Georgie returned to the mop and bucket. He had heard that same thing earlier from John; the idea he trusted Georgie not only sent his spirits high but that opportunity to prove to John he was indeed prepared for a change. Henry, rubbing his eyes, nearly stepped on the wet floor.

"Hold on, kiddo." Georgie grabs a towel and throws it down. "There. So ya' don't slip."

Nancy looks over. "Hello, Henry. Did you sleep good?"

Henry shakes his head. "No ma'am. I tried to sleep but I couldn't...."

"I thought the Teddy Bear helped you, baby?"

Henry again shakes his head. "I'm used to having someone there but Mr. Smith said I have to learn-"

Nancy huffs, as she makes the boy a plate of food. "Well, I will speak to Mr. Smith, okay? Here-eat."

Henry, placing the bear beside him, takes the fork and knife and digs into the food. Georgie takes a break to sit with the boy.

"Morning, Georgie!"

"Mornin', Henry. Ya' want ketchup with that?"

"No thank you. May I please have some Orange Juice?"

"Of course." Georgie stands up and reaches for the juice. As he pours a glass for Henry, Carla begins to kick and wail.

"Uh oh. Baby is awake."

Georgie looks around; Nancy stepped out to change the load in the laundry and he was certain she'd be back. Carla continued to cry and kick in her seat. Gina, Barbie in her hand, walked into the kitchen and looked inside the basket.

"She needs to be held, Mr. Georgie Porgie."

"Yeah but ya' mom should be back-"

"My mommy said its never good to leave babies like that...."

Georgie sighed and decided to attempt the challenge of hushing the screaming baby. Henry, eating his Waffles, watched as Georgie picked Carla up.

"Hold her head, Georgie."

Taking Henry's advice, he placed his open palm under the baby's head. Carla continued to scream and cry; her wails were deep and piercing, as georgie began to panic.

"Woot da' ya' want, kid?"

"Rock her." Gina motions rocking in her arms. "Mommy does that and she usually stops."

Georgie craddles the tiny infant in his arms and begins to rock. As he does this, he hums a tune into Carla's ear. The baby, soothed by Georgie's voice, begins to calm down and sucks on her thumb. Carla's free hand clings to Georgie's shirt, as he walks around the kitchen; he pats her bottom, while continuing to bounce the baby in his arms. Gina smiles and holds a thumb up.

"You get a gold star. Hold on."

Henry claps. "See? You know what to do, Georgie."

Gina returns with a sticker; she peels it off the paper and places it on Georgie's arm. Mary follows and stares at the design now sticking to his arm.

"Thank ya', girls. It's beautiful."

Nancy returns with a basket of clean clothes. She was surprised to see Georgie holding Carla; he was smiling and holding a conversation with Henry, as the baby slept peacefully in his tattooed arms.

"Well, well....what do we have here?"

Gina points. "Look, mommy! Mr. Georgie Porgie helped sissy go to sleep."

Nancy takes out a towel and begins to fold. "You look good with a baby."

"Eh. Not really fa' me."

"Hm. Not yet at least-"

Noticing what she had done, Nancy clears her throat. "Uh, Gina sweetie-come help mommy please."

Georgie looks over at Nancy. "Woot did ya' say?"

"Nothing, nothing. Just, uh, put her back in the swing when she's calm, alright?"

Before Georgie could answer, there is a loud knock. Nancy looks out the window. Snow and Bigby were here.

"JOHN!" Gina and Mary cover their ears, as Georgie chuckles.

"Oh yes, Nancy. REAL smart, while I'm trying to put a baby to sleep..."

Covering her mouth, John rushes down the stairs.

"Yes, dear?"

"The Sheriff and Miss White are here..."

Smiling, he heads to the front. Georgie places the now sleeping baby into the basket, just as Snow and Bigby enter the house. Both beam, as they notice Georgie participating with the Smiths.

"Hello, Georgie. Ready?"

"As always, Sheriff."

Heading to the back, John joins the three under the porch.

Any questions, you know what to do. Having a blast taking on this prologue and giving the readers an opportunity to see what happened after all the BS with the CM. A lot of things were not covered, so this gives me a chance to do so.

• -Robert glares over his pumpkin spice latte-

xD Nah, its all good, dude! :D

• Oh god this was so cute! I loved the detail you had for Christmas day! Georgie and Gren singing together was priceless. Moments like this bring me back to the present story with him having difficulty with Emily and the whole 'Porgie' thing; wonder what happens along the way that either Gren or Georgie say 'the hell with this' and begin a war that is not needed. :(

Mary and her candy. xD Junior is just too damn precious, can I say this! Ethan, I swear, is always so content and sleeping. :) It was neat seeing Jersey there, with his antlers decorsted and wearing an ugle sweater. XD Those all sound like wonderful gifts! Damn! :D

Also, that gift Junior made for Mary. DAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! <3 the Feels, Pie!

"Well....now that the kids are asleep and got THEIR gifts, perhaps Mrs. Porgie can give Mr. Porgie his gift tonight?"

Oh snap! xD YOU know...-wink wink-

Meanwhile, Mary enters her mirror. Before she does, she hangs the Ornament with her and Junior's picture in it. It dangles and shimmers in the light. Mary kisses it, as she enters the mirror.

"The best gifts around the Christmas tree, is the presence of the happy family all wrappped up in eachother."

Things like this make me appreciate Georgie for finally accepting his son's destiny and allowing Mary to be a part of the family. She says what she says about Christmas but in the end, she loves it all. :)

Wonderfully done and this was a beautiful ending to yet another fantastic challenge. Also, all those things you have is good enough for me, pie. I too can't wait for my sweet little Emily! Ya' uncle JJ is ready! :D

Christmas Challenge The Porgie Clan landed beside the truck, not to far from the bridge. It returned to its original form, as Santa waved

• Without Nancy, I honestly think Georgie would have indeed given up years prior to him and Lyla falling in love. She has so much hope and care for Georgie and it shows. The scene where they are standing my the window and looking out into the open space. God, Pie...that was beautiful.

Then sweet, little Gina. From what I've read and understand, she's never had an issue with Georgie. I loved picturing Georgie with a baby in his arms. :) And Nancy letting that little bit slip out. XD

Can't wait for more like always! This is getting good! Also, you don't have to answer or not but since Vivian comes back for Emily, will she make an apperance for Georgie?

Prologue Georgie returned to the manor, as Nancy began scrubbing the counters in the kitchen. She wore yellow gloves, as she cleaned the

• Wow, that elf must really have annoyed him; the snowman also looks very annoyed after one of the rotations, too. xD

Yeah, a lot of credit has to go to Dragon for coming up with some really fun ideas! It wouldn't be the same without Harmony and the plethora of characters we've met thanks to her, though. :) Or, should I say 'thanks to you'? Ahh, you know what I'm saying, I'm sure. xD But there'll certainly be a spot in my heart that'll fondly reminisce on this forum too.

D'awww I love Chip and Dale, they were my favorite as a child XD I found a couple of amusing 'postcards', if you will: Like P

• Truly, where would we be without our puding_pie. ;)

Huh, that's quite the cough you got there.

cough We can only hope that TellTale decides it would make for a delightful present cough

Happy holidays to you as well, Noir and to everyone else on this wonderful thread. To be honest, I never meant to stay very long; only co

• Glad to know you're having a good time, JJ. :D It's that welcoming atmosphere that made me stick around (as well as the stories). Fancy you guys living so close. XD

JJwolf posted: »

Happy holidays to you all! Happy new year and here is to many more memories. I'm so glad I chose to stick around and continue writing sto

• Thanks - I was determined to find something pleasing! And I'd so go to that address if it existed. XD On second thought, maybe I'll build that address! You might want to hang back on the card for a year or so, though. ;D

1) AMAZING GIF. 2) I wish I could send you a card as well! Maybe I'll try sending a card to the UK to see what happens anyway. The recipient

• Thanks, Stone! And likewise. :)

MasterStone posted: »

Merry Christmas, ze dragons, ghouls, ferrets, and porgies,grendels!

• Robert woke up with a wet rag over his forehead. He was in an unknown apartment and sitting on a purple couch. The room was simple; a television occupied the corner, while a bookcase sat near the window, decorated with shear curtains and a purple rug under his feet. Robert looked around. Lady Gaga's 'Beautiful Firty Rich' played loudly down the hall.

Robert stood up. His arms and ribs ached, as he tried to walk the down. Robert was shirtless, so it made it easier for him to view the damage. His entire left side was covered in bruises. The black and blue painted his flesh and the pain continued as Robert took in a deep breath.

"Shit." Robert hunched over and collected his ribs. "Shit, shit, shit...."

All he remembered was Lyla screaming, as the Council dragged her into the SUVs and drove away. He was left there to die, that much Robert knew. How did he end up here, though?

"Lyla..." Robert searched his pant pockets for his phone. "I must....call...Lyla..."

Robert dug his fingers and scoured the tight compartment for his phone. When it was missing, Robert became nervous and frantic.

"The fuck...." Robert leaned against the wall. The pain felt like the Council kicking his bones over and over again, even as he stood up. "Stupid fucking Wolves....I didn't do shit...."

The Lady Gaga song continued. Perhaps who ever was his savior, would be in the magical room of glitter and disco sticks. Robert hobbled along, grabbing the wall as support. He pressed his palms and continued down the hall. He grasped the side covered in bruises, for the pain was too much the bare, even for the mighty Grendel.

"Hello...." Robert called out down the hall. "Hello? I don't mean to bother you but, where am I? I also wanted to thank you for saving me back there."

Nothing, as the music played on. Robert paused to take a breath. Even doing that felt like fire throughout his entire body. He again tried to make contact with the unknown civilian.

"Hello? Excuse me...."

Robert finally flung himself against the door. Leaning against the doorway, he peered into the room and noticed a woman with fire red hair sitting at her desk. She was applying red lipstick and humming to the song. Smacking her lips, she looked over and smiled.

"Hey big guy." Wearing faded blue jeans and a white haltertop, the mysterious woman rushed over to Robert. "Well, don't you look ten times better. You really need to make better friends."

Confused, Robert looked around. "UH....who are you?"

The woman cackles. "Oh silly me! My name is Rose Red but you can call me either for short. Better than what I normally get called."

"And what is that?"

"Bitch!" Rose elbows robert's arm. "Get it?"

"No..." Robert grunts, as the pain returns. "How did you get me here-"

"Oh you! Sit, sit, sit! Thankfully you were pretty light when I carried you in my car."

"Where did-"

"I was on my way home when I passed you up. At first, looked like another pile of old garbage until I parked and looked closer."

Robert's memory returned and he recalled every single moment up until he passed out.

"My phone..." robert looked around. "Have you seen my phone?"

"You didn't have one on you when I found you. Who did this to you anyways?"

Robert stood up. He quickly stumbled to the door but was suddenly hit was a sharp pain in his lower abdoman. Crumbling to the ground, Robert leans against the corner and tries to hold back the tears. Rose runs over, kneels beside the man and strokes his side.

"Man, Robert. Who ever you pissed off-"

"How...how do you know my name?"

"Well, your wallet has a photo ID of you in it. UNLESS you stole that from someone, PRETTY sure its you. Second, who the hell does not know the Grendel brothers?"

Robert laughs. "So, you know Gren?"

"KNOW him!?" Rose gently pats Robert's head. "Your brother and I used to party so fucking hard in the late sixties and all through the seventies. We used to get so drunk and do so much dope!"

Yeah, Robert sadly thought. That was him alright. "Good to know, I guess."

"So." Rose continued to stroke his side. "Who did you fight?"

"I didn't WANT to start anything. See, the Wolf Council-"

"OH THEM..." Rose shakes her head. "Those Folker men need to loosen up a bit. Take that stick out of their ass."

Robert chuckles. "I said the same thing, too."

Rose stands up and reaches for her cellphone. "You hungry, Robert?"

"A little bit."

The phone rings. "You like Chinese, right? Oh who am I kidding...of course you like Chinese!"

Robert attempts to stand up. "So, you didn't see my phone then?"

"Nope. It must of dropped either on the ground or in my car. I'll check for you if you want when I'm done placing the order."

"Thanks, Rose." Robert manages to get up and slowly move down the hall. "I'll, uh, be here on your couch watching tv."

Rose holds a thumbs up. "Got ya, Robby. See you in a bit. I'll join ya."

Robby? Hmm. That was different. Robert wobbled until he reached the couch. He takes one step at a time, reaching the couch until he finds a comfortable spot. The wounds hurt as he tries to move and breath. Robert closes his eyes for a few moments.

The night plays out in his mind and all he could see was Lyla's face.

He needed to see her.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,``,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,`

Any questions or comments, leave them below. :D

• She's a real tough cookie, so to speak, and I'm glad she's not dead! Medusa, ehh, not so much, but things need good villains. xD

Yep, you get a little medal and a hat! ;D

Bloody-Mary posted: »

Lack of fishnet leggings you say? I will most certainly fix this situation! Glad you liked this chapter, Scarlett is most definitely aliv

• I am and Drago has done a fantastic job keeping this thread so inviting and entertaining for so long. These challenges and awards for the month do add a little special touch to the place. :) The stories themselves have taken on a whole new life.

Fancy you guys living so close. XD

At times I wonder if that's a good thing or bad! lol Will have to ask Pie that. XD

LupineNoir posted: »

Glad to know you're having a good time, JJ. It's that welcoming atmosphere that made me stick around (as well as the stories). Fancy you guys living so close. XD

• edited December 2014

Got to agree with Dragon, this is perfect! And seeing how I often write stuff set all those centuries back, it's nice to read someone else's story from that period. :)

Chrsitmas of 1789 Snow's quill stained the paper in the firelight. She was going to be working well past midnight, possibly into the wee

• As soon as you mentioned the Lady Gaga song I figured it had to be Rose! xD I know Robert and Rose have a... troubled friendship in the future, but I think these two make great friends when they get along!

Robert woke up with a wet rag over his forehead. He was in an unknown apartment and sitting on a purple couch. The room was simple; a televi

• Welcome to the thread! Who wouldn't go to the North Pole for a Fronzen Princess Elza and Anna collection! Cindy Lu Lu's got a journey ahead of her, for sure.

It was that time of year again. Cindy Lu Lu always enjoyed the holiday cheer of Christmas. ''Cindy! It's time to wake up sweety! Your pre

• This is all so lovable. XD The sights of the North Pole and everyone coming together to celebrate has been charming to read; another splendid story, Pie!

And, personally, I took a little present away from this: Jersey with the fairy lights around his antlers! xD

Christmas Challenge The Porgie Clan landed beside the truck, not to far from the bridge. It returned to its original form, as Santa waved

• LOL Seems like something Rose would listen to. :)

And they did have somewhat of a good relationship. Sadly, feelings and confusion got in the way and made it impossible for the two of them, as you and the others have read.

As soon as you mentioned the Lady Gaga song I figured it had to be Rose! xD I know Robert and Rose have a... troubled friendship in the future, but I think these two make great friends when they get along!

• A trip to the North Pole. That's what this is, isn't it? Ash flew beside her fanciful grandmother as they made their way to the North Wind Kingdom. She was the head of the pack, leading Noah, Robert, and Elora. She was also responsible for the list. They landed on the icy outside grounds in front of the grand entrance to their home away from home. Uncle Dare and Uncle Isaac were wolves, prancing around in the snow like two children after eating an entire pack of pixie sticks.

"Whoop whoop!" Isaac yowled as he spotted his nieces and nephews. "They're here!"

Dare laughed. "Right, I see them too you know."

They changed into human in a split second, the older brother giving Isaac a noogie as they approached the children. Hugs were exchanged, as was customary in the family. Winter led her family through the front doors of her expansive castle, her long flowing hair blowing in the wind that picked up as each door widened. Ash was always struck dumbfounded at the intensity of it all.

In the back of her mind, she reminded herself what an honor it really is to be born into this family. After all, there was royalty in their blood, along side magic and wind and shape-shifting. She resisted the urge to take on her true form, a furry dark haired wolf, as her converse shoes echoed against the ice tiles.

"Wanna candycane?" Dare's voice came from behind the group of teens. He held a bag full of homemade candy canes, all different flavors and colors.

"Erm, sure," Robbie said, grabbing one from his Uncle's hand. "Why though?"

"It's Christmas time!" Dare exclaimed. "And I made them yesterday. Are they good?"

"It takes like strawberry," Robert told him.

"And is it good?" He asked eagerly.

"I hate strawberry."

Handing the half eaten candy cane back, Robert plucked a blueberry flavored one from Dare's bag instead. Their next stop was the travel room.

"Normally, I would simply fly there myself," Winter was explaining,"But if I had to bring more than one person with me, I use the portal Harmony set up for me. I don't use it too often, so it might be a bit dusty. Ah, here we are."

Winter pushed open a door much smaller than the front door. It was dark on the other side, the only hint of light coming from the hallway behind them as they all stepped in. With a flick of a manicured finger, Winter's winds turned the lights on, casting a dark blue faze around the room. The portal was off, and comprised of a mixture of silver metals and ice.

"The ice is my own aesthetic touch," Winter told them. Again, she flicked her wrist and the portal came to life.

"How does it turn on like that?" Ash asked, her eyes going wide.

"Mom probably set the spell to go off whenever a specific gust of wind enters the area in which it's place, so-" Robbie was cut off as he realized everyone had already gone through the portal to the other side.

Ash squinted, surrounded by a white blizzard of snow. Using her arm to shield away most of it, she searched for the rest of her family. It was nearly impossible. Almost as if reading her mind, the snow completely ceased, frozen in midair. She could reach out and touch each individual flake with out disturbing the beauty.

"Come," Winter's voice ended the complete silence, her boots crunching in the fresh snow. Ash turned just as Robbie appeared, falling through the sky and landing in a deep snow bank.

"There he is," She smiled. "You were too caught up in teaching us about magic to realize we were gone."

Robert glared, running his fingers through his jet black and now messy hair. He then noticed the suspension of the snow flakes, and for a second gawked at it until Ash forced him to move on.

"We'll be there in approximately five minutes," Winter warned them. "Do NOT point out that the elves are small. They tend to be insecure about that. Don't touch the reindeer, they usually bite if they're hungry. And they're always hungry. And when you see Santa-"

"There he is!" Elora's voice cut through the lecture. And indeed, it was. The jolly old man stood at the top of the tallest snow mound, bundled up in a red snowsuit as he grazed his shovel across the top. He was scooping it into a large bucket when he spotted them, and waved.

Oh the joys of Christmas!

I decided to stop there. I'll write more later or tomorrow, we'll see. Might actually do another short story like before. I'm in the mood for them, you know? Might not center around Snow, but it'll still be in the past and about a preexisting Fable from the comics :) Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate it (If there are any on here) I know it started yesterday (Right? Am I right? I actually don't know for sure :L)

• Christmas of 1789

Snow White. Bigby couldn't shake the woman's name from his tiny human head, no matter what he tried. Being so close to her recently had been making him go crazy on the inside. He needed to get away. To get out of town for a little while. He rounded the corner, his bare feet taking him to Bullfinch Street. A grimace struck his face; He knew she was still working, and he knew the urge to run up and be with her would be unbearable.

He thought he was in the clear. He reached the end of the street, about to turn the corner, when her voice peirced the howling wind. Wind that wasn't there two minutes ago. He growled to himself as he turned, and that was when he spotted the fabric of her scarf blowing in the wind.

He couldn't just ignore it. He got to a running start, impressively changing from man to beast within the fraction of a second. In another second, he had his jaws around the material, bringing it back to her carefully.

Snow took it from his mouth, a smile spread across her face.

"Thank you.." Her voice had grown fainter at the end, because he was already running off, as far away from her as he could possibly get.

After all, Bigby had some business to attend to. He looked back after a minute, to see how far he'd gone and to see if she was still looking.

She was gone. He breathed a sigh of relief, panting a tiny bit from the exertion. He hadn't run like that in a while. He was getting rusty. It bothered him. Figuring no mundies were going to be watching a two-story tall wolf at midnight, he continued as he had been and reached the woodline.

A hunt. He needed to do some hunting. A refresher course, of sorts. His Christmas present to himself. His paws felt icy under the thick snow, but he didn't mind it much. He liked the weather, when it was hot and when it was cold. He was accustomed to the outdoors. His yellow piercing eyes saw through the dark, searching for the slightest movements.

A moose. Bigby wondered for a second, why the animal would be awake at such a time. The wonder passed and the massive wolf crept up softly to the blind side of the animal. He would not suspect a thing.

A scream filled the air, just as Bigby's giant jaws lifted open. The moose ran off, and his ears twitched in the direction of the scream.

It was coming from the town. Only on occasion would Bigby have cared, had this been the Homelands. But being a man had taught him things he would otherwise dismiss. Curiosity and pity were two of those things. His large wolf body took him to the edge of the forest, when he turned from beast back to man. He often stored an extra pair of cloths in a barrel behind the Trip Trap Tavern. Changing into them as quickly as he arrived, he heard another wail hit the skies. A woman. He used the winds to his advantage, guiding himself directly to the source.

One of the small buildings at the edge of Fabletown's property was lit up in flames. He didn't know who lived in it, or how the fire began, but since this was a matter of the citizens he had to protect, he tossed his body directly through the first window he saw.

Fire everywhere. There was smoke filling the air, but Bigby used his powers of manipulation to keep it all out of his face. He stepped over a small sofa which was overturned. By the looks of things, he figured there had been an arguement prior to the fire. He held his arm over his eyes to reduce the amount of ashes entering his face. He could feel the hairs on his chin burning off.

He made it to the hallway. There were two closed doors on either side of him. Whoever had been wailing was done, either passed out or quite possible dead. He only had one chance to get to her before she would probably be dead completely. He shoved the left door open with his shoulder. The flames were much larger and more devastating in this room. Just when he thought that it was the end, that he would find the girl dead, he saw a flash of movement out of the corner of his eye.

Her head bobbed upward, eyes squinting at the brightness of the flames. Rose Red. He knew her name, because Snow talked often about her sister, and she was well known around town for being promiscuous. He lifted a table that was on fire and in the way, feeling the first degree burns turn into second degree burns. She was in the very corner, barely conscious as he picked her limp body up.

With one kick of his foot, he tore a hole in the side of her house. A burst of cold winter air greeted him mercifully as he exited the building, tossing Rose into a pile of snow immediately. Behind him, the house continued to burn and eventually cave in on itself.

He took the girl to his little house on the opposite corner of Bullfinch. Again, using the power of his winds, he drew the smoke from her lungs with very little effort. She choked outward, her burned body thwarting itself forward as she coughed up some blood.

He said nothing. He wrapped her up carefully, tending to her wounds as she slipped in and out of consciousness. Swineheart would have been the smarter option, but he had a predetermined goal in mind.

He knew how much Snow missed her sister. Lifting Rose from his bed, he stepped down the street to the house facing directly across the street from the Business Office. Snow was still not home, probably passed out asleep at her desk right now. He opened her front door, slipping Rose down onto Snow's bed in the back room.

Rose opened her eyes a little. "Bigby?"

Bigby pressed his finger up to his lips. And he left the room.

Now, from Bigby's perspective! I hope you liked this one too, I try T.T I love writing about the past like this, mostly because it helps with imagining how things were back then. The comics unfortunately don't visit those parts often enough, and we only see bits and pieces of it all. Any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

• thanks guys :)

Short, but very attention-getting. Can't wait to see more of Cindy Lu Lu, and welcome to the thread too!

• I just came up with random names XD. This forum thread looks so fun and engaging :). I'll continue

Welcome to the thread! Who wouldn't go to the North Pole for a Fronzen Princess Elza and Anna collection! Cindy Lu Lu's got a journey ahead of her, for sure.

• You guys and your damn pumpkin spice, I swear! XD XD

-Robert glares over his pumpkin spice latte- xD Nah, its all good, dude!

• If you actually do manage to live on the same street Sherlock Holmes resides in, I'm going to explode into confetti! :)

Thanks - I was determined to find something pleasing! And I'd so go to that address if it existed. XD On second thought, maybe I'll build that address! You might want to hang back on the card for a year or so, though. ;D

• edited December 2014

Drago has done a fantastic job keeping this thread so inviting and entertaining for so long. These challenges and awards for the month do add a little special touch to the place.

Alt text

What a thoughtful compliment! ^_^

I am and Drago has done a fantastic job keeping this thread so inviting and entertaining for so long. These challenges and awards for the mo

• Happy Holidays to you as well Lupine! Like pudding_pie said here is to a new year, new Fables and new memories! I'm raising drinks to all of ya!

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays everyone! Honestly, I'd send you all cards if I didn't think the postal service would get me huffy a

• Christmas Challenge: Frenzy Friday

Somewhere else.....

"YOU BETTER NOT HURT HER!!!" A man yelled, but it was no use he was chained down with no strength to break the chains.

"Would you kindly shut the fuck up please?" A very unfriendly woman said

"He-he took my cousin I gotta do something!" He retaliated

He looked over at the woman talking to him, she looked like she was in her mid twenties, had short blonde hair, wore typical winter clothing, and looked pale like him except she didn't have red eyes but instead light blue eyes. She wasn't like him, he was different in that fact. He was hungry the beast was calling but he hated feasting on others......especially after the one incident that happened although with her mouth maybe he could make an exception....

"I don't give a shit who he took, I wanna sleep we'll probably be next soon for whatever messed up shit this lunatic has in store for us." she said

She looked over to see who she was actually talking to since she was asleep when she was brought in. The guy looked like a teenager yet had the deep voice of a thirty year old man. He had crimson red eyes and semi long brown hair and looked to be wearing a suit but no jacket with the outfit.

The man yanked and pulled trying to get out but still no use the ice chains they were imprisoned in were very sturdy, if only he could drink just a little bit he'd probably be able to get out of them....if only he could reach those bodies out there...

In the next room instead of a very icy like dungeon it was a well light workshop, decorated perfectly for the holidays. The man sat the little girl on one of the workbenches.

"Isn't this wonderful little one!" He laughed maniacally and continued "The workers blood on the wall Santa imprisoned and only MY say will let him out! After all these years preparing and I've finally SINGLE-HANDEDLY RUINED CHRISTMAS!!!" He continued to laugh.

"But Mister you let Tiny Tim go, what if he tells the police what you did?" She said

"Aww well sweety" He walked over and dragged his ice cold hands across her cheek "You see It'll take YEARS for him to get to any sort of authorities and even if he did, who would believe him!" He laughed "No Adult believes in Santa anymore they grow up! PLUS! Nobody will be able to figure out my little mystery that I've placed in Fabletown anyways, the sheriff is completely incompetent when it comes to his job."

"Well you just proved to me that Santa is real so I'll believe forever, and when I would go there the sheriff was really nice I like him." She smiled

"Of course you will" He smiled, If she even lives that long he thought to himself, what I've got planned for these three only he will know unless the sheriff and his new detective can find him here....

That's all I have time for, for today! I got the internet fixed at my house! So I'm back a hell of a lot sooner than originally planned! But due to visiting I will have to span these out to about one every two days instead of one everyday. Also sorry I haven't been around for a while to check up on all of your stuff but I will try to do so tomorrow when I have the chance. Hope everyone is well and is having a good holiday! See you guys around! :D

• -joins you in a drink-

Sounds pretty damn good over here in my little section of the world, Tetra. Here is to another wonderful year, dude. :)

Tetra posted: »

Happy Holidays to you as well Lupine! Like pudding_pie said here is to a new year, new Fables and new memories! I'm raising drinks to all of ya!

• You guys and your damn pumpkin spice, I swear! XD XD

Right?! I never took Robert for a pumpkin spice latte guy! XD

-Robert glares over his pumpkin spice latte- xD Nah, its all good, dude!

• At times I wonder if that's a good thing or bad! lol Will have to ask Pie that. XD

-high fives- Its been pretty damn great, dude. This site not only brought me wonderful stories but a friend out of you. :) Here is to a wonderful New year! :D

I am and Drago has done a fantastic job keeping this thread so inviting and entertaining for so long. These challenges and awards for the mo

• Freaking Rose and her Lady Gaga! I like that song, too.....<.< lol

Its nice to see how their relationship began. Noir couldn't have said it better. Its nice to see them being friendly towards one another. Another great chapter. :) Can't wait for more.

Robert woke up with a wet rag over his forehead. He was in an unknown apartment and sitting on a purple couch. The room was simple; a televi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.