Black screen on launch

Just bought the game off of Steam, and every time I launch the game, I get a black screen, no sounds play, I can't do anything to get out of it, I just have to re-start my pc. I've re-installed twice (verifying the install both times), tried different compatibilities (always running as an admin), nothing seems to be working.

Here's the file from the support tool: https://www.sendspace.com/file/35jjv8

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if the game is installed to the default file path?

(C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us\ is the default path for the game to install to.)

• I've reinstalled the game multiple times and not once has it created a "The Wolf Among Us" folder in my Telltale Games folder. I've installed the Walking Dead Season 1 and it's folder is in the Telltale Games folder but The Wolf Among Us is not creating a folder when the game is installed.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if the game is installed to the default file path? (C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us\ is the default path for the game to install to.)

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

My apologies, after looking over your Support Tool information again, it appears that Steam is installing your The Wolf Among Us file path to

D:\Main Data\Steam\steamapps\common\The Wolf Among Us

Unfortunately this file path may be causing the game to crash when starting. I recommend try installing both the Steam Client itself, and The Wolf Among Us to the default file directory in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ (for the Steam Client) and

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\ (for The Wolf Among Us)

Then start the game again, and you should be able to play the game successfully.

Fi3ryOn3 posted: »

I've reinstalled the game multiple times and not once has it created a "The Wolf Among Us" folder in my Telltale Games folder. I've installe

This discussion has been closed.