Problems Downloading/Installing Episode 4 on iPad

I'm having difficulty downloading and installing episode 4 on my iPad. Purchased the Multi-Pack (episodes 2-5) IAP.

Episodes 1-3 and 5 download and install perfectly fine.

Episode 4 downloads, the meter goes to 100%, then the "Network Unavailable" screen appears and if I try to download it again it shows as having only downloaded 47% and after showing that for a few seconds goes to the "Network Unavailable" screen again. Note that this has happened both on my first install, then after wiping the app and reinstalling it it gets stuck at 47% again.

I've tried the usual troubleshooting tips:

• Closing all apps.
  • Restarting device.
  • Turning device off for 5 minutes.
  • Turning device off for 20 minutes.
  • Disabling and re-enabling wi-fi, in every combination of before restart, after restart, before and after restart etc.
  • Uninstalling the app completely turning the iPad off, reinstalling, redownloading all episodes - it's just Episode 4 that gets stuck.
  • Have tried 3 separate Internet connections that function fine with all other manner of apps.

My iPad is model MD512X/A on iOS 8.1.2 which I believe is a 4th-generation iPad. There is also ample storage space available on the device - 13.7gb free.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately it appears that you have tried all of our potential solutions. My only other suggestion would be to close all background apps, turn off your device, and when you turn it back on, make sure that you are connected to a WiFi network, and that the only application you open is The Wolf Among Us, then try the download again. If you are still unable to download the episode successfully, I recommend trying the same process using another WiFi network connection.

• Hi!

I have the same problem as aaronlynnme. I'm not able to download episode 4 on the iPad mini. Tried the solutions above but to no avail. Download starts at 3 percent, doesn't increase and then I'm told there is no network.

Thankful for any advice.

Kindest regards,

Anders

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately it appears that you have tried all of our potential solutions. My only other sugg

My apologies, unfortunately if the above suggestion did not allow you to download the episode successfully, please also try connecting to a different WiFi network, and see if that connection is stronger with our servers, and allows you to download Episode 4.

anders_wi posted: »

Hi! I have the same problem as aaronlynnme. I'm not able to download episode 4 on the iPad mini. Tried the solutions above but to no avai

• Hi there, really enjoyed TWAU so far but is there any solution on this?
    I've tried everything mentioned on this and other threats but still I have exactly the same problem as aaronlymne.
    What to do?

Can you please clarify what iOS device you are currently playing the game on, and what OS version it is currently updated to?

SameSam posted: »

Hi there, really enjoyed TWAU so far but is there any solution on this? I've tried everything mentioned on this and other threats but still I have exactly the same problem as aaronlymne. What to do?

• Hi mike,
    I am playing -or at least trying to play- on an iPad air 2 iOS 8.1.2
    I've tried over ten different wifi networks right now. The download stops at 47% and then it jumps to the network unavailable screen.

Can you please clarify what iOS device you are currently playing the game on, and what OS version it is currently updated to?

Have you made sure to close any and all apps running in the background before restarting your device, and retrying? If you are still running apps in the background, you may be experiencing this issue.

Hi mike, I am playing -or at least trying to play- on an iPad air 2 iOS 8.1.2 I've tried over ten different wifi networks right now. The download stops at 47% and then it jumps to the network unavailable screen.

• Hi Mike
    Like ive written before, I've tried everything. Also I've tried closing all other apps.

Have you made sure to close any and all apps running in the background before restarting your device, and retrying? If you are still running apps in the background, you may be experiencing this issue.

My apologies. Unfortunately if you have tried all of the above suggestions, I am out of potential solutions. I recommend contacting Apple Support, and see if they have any other suggestions for you to resolve the issue on your particular device.

Hi Mike Like ive written before, I've tried everything. Also I've tried closing all other apps.

• Hi

I Seem to have the same problem. When I try to download episode 4 it gers stück at 3 percent and then states The network is unavailable. I have also tried the suggestions above without any luck. My device is an iPad air 2 without iOS 8.1.2. This seems to be a rather common problem.

My apologies for any difficulties this has caused you. Can you please clarify if you have tried connecting to a different WiFi network, and see if that connection is stronger with our servers, and allows you to download the episode successfully?

samuelfink posted: »

Hi I Seem to have the same problem. When I try to download episode 4 it gers stück at 3 percent and then states The network is unavailabl

• Seeing as access to wifi is limited i have only tried 3 different: My home, a hotspot made by my phone and one on the train on my way to work. All leasing to the same result.

My apologies for any difficulties this has caused you. Can you please clarify if you have tried connecting to a different WiFi network, and see if that connection is stronger with our servers, and allows you to download the episode successfully?

Please make sure you have tried closing the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources to allow the episode to be downloaded faster. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7/8, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

Then after restarting your device, please reset the WiFi by turning the WiFi Settings Off, and back On again. Then try starting the game application again, and see if you are able to successfully download the episode.

samuelfink posted: »

Seeing as access to wifi is limited i have only tried 3 different: My home, a hotspot made by my phone and one on the train on my way to work. All leasing to the same result.

This discussion has been closed.