Should I Buy This Game??

As the title says, should I? So first off, I'd say I'm a pretty big Telltale fan so its not really me concerned with Telltale's game style I'm questioning. I wanted the "next gen" Telltale Games games for quite some time. But then when I was buying Tales from the Borderlands, I decided not to preorder the GoT game because of the fact that I haven't watched the show, and frankly don't think I ever will because of how many episodes there are. So now the game's on sale again. Will it even be worth the purchase for me if I haven't seen the show/ read the books? Or should I just save the money for another game? Thanks in advanced :D http://strawpoll.me/3258737

Comments

• A great good? Did auto correct get you?

Yes, you should. You will miss some cameos/references to the show/books but I still know people who haven't seen the show or read the books and they enjoyed it as well. Pick it up, its a great good so far.

• Yes, you should. You will miss some cameos/references to the show/books but I still know people who haven't seen the show or read the books and they enjoyed it as well.

Pick it up, its a great good so far.

• edited December 2014

Ah, sure... embarrassingly walks away since I'm typing this on my computer

dojo32161 posted: »

A great good? Did auto correct get you?

• I followed your judgement and I bought the game. It took a while to catch onto the story, but the game was fantastic none the less. Thanks for recommending this game. I might even get into the show for how great it was :3

Yes, you should. You will miss some cameos/references to the show/books but I still know people who haven't seen the show or read the books and they enjoyed it as well. Pick it up, its a great good so far.

• edited December 2014

I showed it to my cousin, hand so far he seemed to really enjoy it. Unfortunately we never got past a certain fight early on before he left. In my opinion, I think it's a bit lazy that you won't watch the show because there are too many episodes. The game's episodes come out roughly 2 months apart from each other, so you could binge watch the TV episodes via online video hosting sites. Or read the books(first two), if that's what you're into.

You may find an article about ways to watch the show online, saying you won't be able to watch it for free. Pay no mind to such drivel. There are links. You just have to find them.

• If you like narrative driven games, then yes. Good games have now become the ordinary for Telltale. Watching the show or reading the books will give you a better understanding of the setting and characters

• Glad I could help! Enjoy the rest of the game with us, its really good so far. And I certainly do recommend picking up the show, its great as well.

NotJustin posted: »

I followed your judgement and I bought the game. It took a while to catch onto the story, but the game was fantastic none the less. Thanks for recommending this game. I might even get into the show for how great it was

Sign in to comment in this discussion.