Is the North Wall made of iron?

edited December 2014 in Game Of Thrones

Yeah, I don't know. They rarely talk about what happened there and I was under the impression that they searched some type of barrow or something. All I know is the uncle, after telling him about the north grove, says he may need your help soon and also that most people think the north grove is a wildling superstition. So everything is point to it being above the wall. Add in the words "iron from ice" and it seems kinda obvious.

Just a thought, please don't get angry about whats right and wrong.

-Sóley

Comments

• First off - Not the "North Wall", It's just "The Wall."

The Wall is made of Solid Ice.

• Winner winner chicken dinner.

Echopapa posted: »

First off - Not the "North Wall", It's just "The Wall." The Wall is made of Solid Ice.

• It is made of ice and stone. Apparently full of spells too

• edited December 2014

And some accident magic's

Winner winner chicken dinner.

• Actually it's made of ice and stone.

First off - Not the "North Wall", It's just "The Wall." The Wall is made of Solid Ice.

• No - it's not. Want a quote from the official wiki?

"The Wall is reported to be over 700 feet tall and is made of solid ice"

StrawHuman posted: »

Actually it's made of ice and stone.

• Yes - it is. Want a quote from the official wiki?

"The Wall stretches for 300 miles and is approximately 700 feet tall, It is made of solid ice and stone, and can be seen for miles round."

I couldn't find the passage but there is a section in the books in which Jon explains how it was made and it included stone bases.

No - it's not. Want a quote from the official wiki? "The Wall is reported to be over 700 feet tall and is made of solid ice"

• I recommend you to watch the show or read the books.

• Sorry man i knew it was called "The Wall".
    Just judging by people in the community not knowing
    much about the show/books i assumed I'd call it "The North Wall".

Sóley

• I have man, not much about the wall has been said,
    And as I've said before its just a thought.

:)

stitch123 posted: »

I recommend you to watch the show or read the books.

• Theres lots of info on the wall in the books. Mostly in jon and sam chapters.
    ie: " East of Castle black the wall was a sword, and to the west it was a snake" - which is a quote from jon, meaning that to the east the wall is straight, while to the west it curves and turns through the mountains there.

It is primarily made of giant blocks of ice, im sure there is stone as well, but it may be that they just mixed gravel into the ice to make it more stable.

Soley posted: »

I have man, not much about the wall has been said, And as I've said before its just a thought. :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.