What if a playable character is a Whitehall?

K0t0K0t0 Banned
edited December 2014 in Game Of Thrones

Its rare for a Game of Thrones narrative to restrict the narrative to one side in a conflict. Wouldnt be surprised if the 4th/5th playable character ends up being one of the Whitehalls disillusioned by his/her family. Maybe there really is another side to this coin, perhaps Britt is a stooge and the Whitehalls genuinely believe the Forrester squire struck first.

Comments

• Some have been speculating that the fifth playable character will be Lord Whitehill's son 'Gryff.'

I'm siding with the Rodrik or Duncan/Royland theory.

• So in other words I have become one of 'those' guys; the ones who has a thought and believes hes smartarse enough that he warrants his own thread about it?

Shit

Thanks for letting me know gently.

Some have been speculating that the fifth playable character will be Lord Whitehill's son 'Gryff.' I'm siding with the Rodrik or Duncan/Royland theory.

• Alt text

You're welcome.

K0t0 posted: »

So in other words I have become one of 'those' guys; the ones who has a thought and believes hes smartarse enough that he warrants his own thread about it? Shit Thanks for letting me know gently.

• By the way, It's Whitehills not Whitehalls.

• Playing as a whitehill who just hates whitehills would be a copout though, we never did get to see Gryff's face, even when he was introduced

*Whitehill, not Whitehall And they could be interesting. It could be like the 5th playable character is Gryff's wife or something, and s

• *Whitehill, not Whitehall

And they could be interesting. It could be like the 5th playable character is Gryff's wife or something, and she hates the Whitehills and helps the Forresters as much as she could. Or it could be a Whitehill soldier who isn't too fond of what they are doing either.

• Playing as Gryff wouldn't be that great. I think the leader of the Whitehills stationed there shouldn't be just a determinant based character - Telltale needs to make him either a character who is ruthless or nice.

Unless Gryff is like Theon, who can be cruel but at the end doesn't accept him being who he is, then I don't see him being a PC.

K0t0 posted: »

Playing as a whitehill who just hates whitehills would be a copout though, we never did get to see Gryff's face, even when he was introduced

• I suppose seeing as Gryff is not only a potential heir to Whitehill but also the guy incharge it would deplete the tension if he was playable.

Playing as Gryff wouldn't be that great. I think the leader of the Whitehills stationed there shouldn't be just a determinant based characte

• From the official telltale faq for the game: http://www.telltalegames.com/gameofthrones/

Although you will meet and interact with familiar characters, you play the game from five different viewpoints; all members of House Forrester.

• Beat me to it.

So no Whitehills, just Forresters.

Hbh128 posted: »

From the official telltale faq for the game: http://www.telltalegames.com/gameofthrones/ Although you will meet and interact with familiar characters, you play the game from five different viewpoints; all members of House Forrester.

• Then maybe we'll be playing with Rodrik or Royland/Duncan.

From the official telltale faq for the game: http://www.telltalegames.com/gameofthrones/ Although you will meet and interact with familiar characters, you play the game from five different viewpoints; all members of House Forrester.

• edited December 2014

The fifth protagonist is Rodrik.

• edited December 2014

Well.. Talia's of marriagable age (Fourteen, right? Not uncommon in Westeros.) And we know little of this Gryff Whitehill fellow. If they're forced to marry, he would sort of be a Forrester.

• Wouldn't she be then considered a Whitehill? If I remember from other places, the wife leaves her clan and joins her husband.

Well.. Talia's of marriagable age (Fourteen, right? Not uncommon in Westeros.) And we know little of this Gryff Whitehill fellow. If they're forced to marry, he would sort of be a Forrester.

• edited December 2014

Aye, she'd be addressed Lady Whitehill were he to become lord, but wives don't by default take the names of their husbands in Westeros. Catelyn and Lysa are still Tullys, Cersei and Genna remain Lannisters, Olenna remains a Redwyne and Margaery a Tyrell, etc. Regardless, the husband of a Forrester girl would surely be just as eligable to be "of the family" as the low-born nephew of their castellan, if not substantially more so.

Wouldn't she be then considered a Whitehill? If I remember from other places, the wife leaves her clan and joins her husband.

• I don't see that being the case. Ramsay might facilitate the marriage, but they do hate each other. Gregor wouldn't allow a relationship between his son and a Whitehill girl, and House Forrester had the protection of the Starks while they were warden of the North. The attacks on Forrester land are proof that the Whitehills, a much larger house, were holding back from invading during that time, and are really only interested in taking whatever the Forresters have and destroying their house.

Aye, she'd be addressed Lady Whitehill were he to become lord, but wives don't by default take the names of their husbands in Westeros. Cate

• Isnt Rodrik dead

Sign in to comment in this discussion.