The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Don't even joke about that, I'd gouge my eyes out if I saw that in my feed.

Green613 posted: »

I'd hate to see how you react to 99+, lol.

• I thought it was crazy when I met the two guys before but what the fuck is going on in Farcry 4 now!

Seeing demons and shit.

• "When I plant a fat-ass cracker bitch I expect her to stay planted."

oh my god this show is my favorite

• It was most certainly not a life wonderful or otherwise.

• edited December 2014

Got to get going. To this store. Well we need clothing first.

Come on, I'm wearing pants.

We've for like a five minute.

• TDMshadowCPTDMshadowCP Banned
    edited December 2014

That breaks my heart....

Markd4547 posted: »

@tcmshadow

• edited December 2014

Went to go see The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies..

Alt text

It wasn't worth the money. This is the worst film out of the whole LOTR franchise. And it's disheartening to know that this is the last film, so there is never going to be a way to fix this. It leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth, and I can't help but think Tolkien would be turning over in his grave if he knew what has been done to his beloved book. Heed my warning. Do yourself a favor and skip this movie. I sure wish I did.

• Was it that bad?

Tinni posted: »

Went to go see The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies.. It wasn't worth the money. This is the worst film out of the whole LOTR franch

• [Throws Fruitcake at nohopeleft]

NoHopeLeft posted: »

[Walks back] Meh, have another...Shock... [Stuns papai again]

• Is it because it was doing its own thing and not following the book? Or was it the acting, the effects, the story, the characters, and everything else?

Come on, some Tolkien fans can accept that these Hobbit films are not entirely accurate to the source, but still have fun with it, it's just like comic book films.

Went to go see The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies.. It wasn't worth the money. This is the worst film out of the whole LOTR franch

• edited December 2014

I think the casual movie goer who hasn't read the books might enjoy it. But coming from someone who grew up reading the books, and has always held them dearly to their heart, I couldn't stand it. I had put a lot of faith in Peter Jackson to accurately portray the story and give it the respect it deserves, only to see it practically desecrated. Even putting my feelings aside, the movie itself still isn't up to par with the previous installments. The pacing was pretty choppy, and they spent too much time on characters/sub plots that are irrelevant to the main plot. One scene in particular completely contradicts the timeline, effectively fucking up the movie's validity. As well as a scene involving Gandalf that doesn't even happen in the book, which I could have let pass if it didn't contradict canon and make Gandalf ooc. There are so many things that just didn't make sense. Several scenes were obviously only shot for "omg look 3D so cool" moments. As a Tolkien fan, my immense disappointment is here to stay. It could have been an epic finale to the series, and I'm left feeling as though something was stolen from me.

Was it that bad?

• edited December 2014

I was always very pleased with the casting for The Hobbit, and wasn't too bothered by the movies not following the book, even though I wished they had. For I think it would have turned out a lot better had they stayed true to the book. I can accept that some things were added in, because some of it still came from Tolkien(the Appendices being one the sources, idk about the Silmarillion because I don't think Jackson has the rights). For example, the Pale/White Orc, though he's not actually a major adversary or even chasing the company in the book, is still a Tolkien creation. Jackson elaborating on such things was a homage to Tolkien's work if anything. I take offense when important parts of Tolkien's story that have no business being changed are either completely ignored, or altered to a near laughable degree. I won't say too much, because as much as I dislike the movie, I don't want to spoil anyone. There is one scene towards the end that just does not make sense and completely undermines the 60( I've read else where that it's 77 years, but either way the timeline is contradicted.) year gap between the events of The Hobbit and the Lord of The Rings. I also believe the reason this film was so bad is because this is what happens when you try to stretch 1 fairly short book into 3 movies. It worked with LOTR because it was actually 3 books.

J-Master posted: »

Is it because it was doing its own thing and not following the book? Or was it the acting, the effects, the story, the characters, and every

• edited December 2014

LOTR was technically supposed to be one book, but it was cut into 3 books instead, I think they made a complete version with all 3 books combined recently.

As far as the Hobbit films go, would you agree that this prequel trilogy is the Star Wars prequels of LOTR? With both of them not quite living up to the standards of prior films and relying too much on digital effects? I've seen this thrown around and I can see the comparison.

I was always very pleased with the casting for The Hobbit, and wasn't too bothered by the movies not following the book, even though I wishe

• edited December 2014

The point is there was enough canonical material to stretch into 3 movies without having to add too much filler. Or rewrite canon to make up for blatant contradictions of the books in the movies. The same cannot be said for The Hobbit.

Though I am not a huge Star Wars fan, if the resounding feeling die hard fans received from the prequel trilogy was akin to betrayal, then I'd say yes I agree. The sheer amount of CGI was definitely a detriment to the Hobbit films. I've heard people say that George Lucas sold out when the prequel films debuted, and I'm starting to think it's the same with Peter Jackson. Either that, or he legitimately believes his "version" of The Hobbit is better that Tolkien's, which would be astronomically wrong on so many levels.

J-Master posted: »

LOTR was technically supposed to be one book, but it was cut into 3 books instead, I think they made a complete version with all 3 books com

• D:

[Hides under a table]

Lehfeels posted: »

[Throws Fruitcake at nohopeleft]

• I see that this place isn't completely dead, so I think I'll drop this by here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI3fkqA9-IA

• Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

• where am i

It's ded hour so for a laugh I'll share the story I entered in Tobi's competition based on his comic which I ended up poking fun at a few th

• So who's ready to get hammered new year's eve!?!?!?!

Alt text

• You know, I always tell myself that I'm completely over this picture:

Alt text

But I end up using it a lot. (Not in that way, you dirty minded swine ;)

And whenever it's sent to me as a 'gift' or treat, it feels like this:

Alt text

But, like the show, the 'treat' comes in anyway.

• Alt text

I've got it too.

But how it has AJ's face on it completely makes up for it.

I don't think I can get used to this:

• Alt text

You know, I always tell myself that I'm completely over this picture: But I end up using it a lot. (Not in that way, you dirty minded

• Nah, it's more considered of a cameo appearance. So technically you're in it. I do cameos all the time in my comic.

I wouldn't consider one line being in it. :P Thanks, sorry I'm too busy, I didn't notice.

• It was fun and crazy to read. ;)

It's ded hour so for a laugh I'll share the story I entered in Tobi's competition based on his comic which I ended up poking fun at a few th

• edited December 2014

I have 86 notifications forever. sigh What a drag. -_-

Great, my notifications won't clear now. I will have one notification forever.

• That is a crime against humanity, and I haven't even played that game.

@tcmshadow

• Fuck alchohol, we have berries!

So who's ready to get hammered new year's eve!?!?!?!

• edited December 2014

Same here. I always wanted to play that series cuz I loved atmosphere and story it had. The only problem is money and availability. :c

blueneon posted: »

That is a crime against humanity, and I haven't even played that game.

• Alt text

TDMshadowCP posted: »

That breaks my heart....

• edited December 2014

Yeah, money is a problem. :\

Same here. I always wanted to play that series cuz I loved atmosphere and story it had. The only problem is money and availability. :c

• I think I'll get myself a whole box of pizza and eat it all myself. :3

Alt text

So who's ready to get hammered new year's eve!?!?!?!

• When you don't just wipe it off once you get out of the shower.

• edited December 2014

He wants to follow the Joker way. :)

When you don't just wipe it off once you get out of the shower.

• Then why is he blue and not white with green hair?

He wants to follow the Joker way.

Then why is he blue and not white with green hair?

• She's right you know.

• edited December 2014

um the hardware store was all out of white so he had to use something

Then why is he blue and not white with green hair?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.