Ryon as the 5th protagonist

So , Ryon was taked as a hostage by Ramsey and the Whitehills , so I suppose he will be the 5th protagonist , to see the perspective from the Whitehills castle, or something like that. What do you think?

Comments

• The 5th protagonist pretty much has to be someone residing in Ironrath, considering Ethan is dead and yet the story is going to be continuing there next episode.

• Then Ryon will remain unknown?...I don't think the sentinel we chose will be the 5th protagonist...definetly. Malcolm will possibly be because he is his uncle, but I still go with Ryon.

• But then it'll be kinda weird, considering the silhouette in the menu is definitely an adult. I mean, before you play episode 1, you can clearly see Asher's silhouette in the menu, so it wouldn't make much sense to leave the other silhouette as someone who looks nothing like the last protagonist. I'm pretty sure that that they're either Malcolm or Rodrik.

• I don't think it will be Duncan or Royland either. Malcom is being sent to Essos either way, so he isn't an option. My bet would be Talia or a character who hasn't been introduced yet.

Talibak posted: »

Then Ryon will remain unknown?...I don't think the sentinel we chose will be the 5th protagonist...definetly. Malcolm will possibly be because he is his uncle, but I still go with Ryon.

• edited December 2014

God I hope not that sounds awful playing as Ryon

• Rodrik is dead..crushed by a horse. He cannot be the protagonist. The silhouettes are like in TWD S2 ep 4, remember? Ryon is hostage at the Whitehills and if he's not gonna be the protagonist , no one will know what happens to him..I dunno , Malcolm seems to be badass..

That1Guy posted: »

But then it'll be kinda weird, considering the silhouette in the menu is definitely an adult. I mean, before you play episode 1, you can cle

• It's Rodrik.

Belan posted: »

I don't think it will be Duncan or Royland either. Malcom is being sent to Essos either way, so he isn't an option. My bet would be Talia or a character who hasn't been introduced yet.

• If it's Rodrik I will honestly quit the game. You don't get crushed by a horse and come out unscathed. He is ethier dead or seriously messed up.

• Rodrik is the fifth protagonist. He survives being crushed by a horse with a broken arm. No, it doesn't make sense.

Rodrik is dead..crushed by a horse. He cannot be the protagonist. The silhouettes are like in TWD S2 ep 4, remember? Ryon is hostage at the

• Child perspective is Telltale's hand there.

God I hope not that sounds awful playing as Ryon

• Rodrik is dead, sorry. He was crushed by a horse! He can't escape..

• Asher is enough..I think the 5th protagonist wil be introduced later..

• I would just find playing as Ryon boring.

Child perspective is Telltale's hand there.

• yeah, don't you remember Kenny? he was idiot but ressurrected anyway.

Flog61 posted: »

It's telltale. They're going to resurrect him.

• It's telltale. They're going to resurrect him.

Rodrik is dead, sorry. He was crushed by a horse! He can't escape..

• He gets a broken arm and face scars.

Yes, it's ridiculous.

If it's Rodrik I will honestly quit the game. You don't get crushed by a horse and come out unscathed. He is ethier dead or seriously messed up.

• I don't know when he will be introduced, but it is going to be Rodrik.

Asher is enough..I think the 5th protagonist wil be introduced later..

• Just out of curiosity, where are you getting this information?

He gets a broken arm and face scars. Yes, it's ridiculous.

• I'm not allowed to say it publicly. I can PM you if you wish?

Just out of curiosity, where are you getting this information?

• Sure, might as well at this point. I wish spoiler tabs would show up in my feed <_<

I'm not allowed to say it publicly. I can PM you if you wish?

• Oh, I'm really sorry :(

Sure, might as well at this point. I wish spoiler tabs would show up in my feed <_<

• The main pieces of evidence pointing towards Rodrik are the random yet badass scars he gets on his face when the horse falls on him and the fact that the shadow seems to have similar hair to his. So, yeah, it's not extremely likely but still. I think it'd be more effective if we didn't know what was happening with Ryon, since then we'd have to be worried about what the Whitehills are doing to him and stuff.

Rodrik is dead..crushed by a horse. He cannot be the protagonist. The silhouettes are like in TWD S2 ep 4, remember? Ryon is hostage at the

• Yeah, but, considering how a few people despised playing as Clementine and found her an unrealistic playable character in S2, I don't think TTG would take that risk again so soon.

Child perspective is Telltale's hand there.

• I'm pretty sure it will be Rodrik too.
    We have experienced something like that in The Walking Dead s2
    They wont put a dark shadow as a character if it was Ryon
    And playing as Rodrik I can imagine that we will play as a hostage of the whitehills just like you are imagining playing as Ryon

• edited December 2014

It's all good. Seeing as we're not really all that invested in the story yet it's really nbd.

Oh, I'm really sorry

• Yeah I see it. I've been saying "yes" to Ryon. I've got no problem with Rodrik being brought back to life somehow, but he is dead, I've explained that before. If Telltale decides to bring him back like he survived, I'm calling foul.

• It's not really a possibility anyway, as the protagonist has to be at Ironrath considering we're down our only protagonist in that area with Ethan dying, and the story continuing in that area next episode.

I would just find playing as Ryon boring.

• You'll be calling foul, then.

Hbh128 posted: »

Yeah I see it. I've been saying "yes" to Ryon. I've got no problem with Rodrik being brought back to life somehow, but he is dead, I've explained that before. If Telltale decides to bring him back like he survived, I'm calling foul.

• Flog61 posted: »

You'll be calling foul, then.

• If you want me to PM you evidence, then tell me.

@Flog61 I hope it's okay if I so blatantley offer what you found/were told first.

Asher is enough..I think the 5th protagonist wil be introduced later..

• Of course, someone else from the forum sent me the information in the first place.

If you want me to PM you evidence, then tell me. @Flog61 I hope it's okay if I so blatantley offer what you found/were told first.

• edited December 2014

Would you mind sending it to me as well? I'd be very interested to see the information.

• edited December 2014

Talia would be better IMO

• I actually find myself hoping it's Talia. She seems to give good advice and be fairly strong. I would like to see her take on a similar role to Sansa, becoming stronger with each passing episode.

(I wanted to give her the Bracer so she would become Sentinel, and tried several times to walk her way and see if it would give me the option. I was pretty bummed it didn't)

• I think the unknown conditions and treatment of Ryon will be on of the driving forces for the narrative. Though I am not at all opposed to playing as a captive Ryon

• Really? She gave horrible advice, that was the point. You had her and Ryon naively telling Ethan to ditch his duties whilst Royland was persuading Ethan to do his duty.

She showed a complete lack of understanding of the situation, with her only driving thought process being 'right and wrong'.
    Im under the assumption that Talia was representing a naive childish side to the situation that has now been stamped out by the death of her twin, and so if she is now playable its about whether to keep her as an idealist or have her grow up.

cipollakate posted: »

I actually find myself hoping it's Talia. She seems to give good advice and be fairly strong. I would like to see her take on a similar role

• Royland and I just don't click, so that could certainly be part of my views on Talia.

I think what she's trying to do instead of having Ethan shirk his duties is make sure she doesn't lose himself. She saw Rodrik become more somber afterwards, and while of course he would (becoming serious is not only a part of becoming a lord but also a part of growing up, I think), I don't think she wants to watch her family fall apart any more than it already is. This is, of course, by the end of the game impossible.

(And I think the advice she gave to Ethan counseling him after he sent the man to the Wall was pretty decent, actually)

K0t0 posted: »

Really? She gave horrible advice, that was the point. You had her and Ryon naively telling Ethan to ditch his duties whilst Royland was pers

• I havent seen what she says in the wall choice, what does she say?

Personally, I like Royland as much as I am disinterested in Duncan. We hear Royland is a trainer and commands respect and we see glimpes of this, yet we hear how wise and diplomatic Duncan is but I havent really seen it beyond sending his nephew to the wall, dont forget that grumpy old Royland was defending Gared at every opportunity there and looked genuinely upset that Duncan would send away his only family. Also I agreed with every Royland option at the small council which led to a scene of Duncan getting all pissed and he essentially lets it slip that he only really sent his nephew to the wall to make himself look good, what a prick!

cipollakate posted: »

Royland and I just don't click, so that could certainly be part of my views on Talia. I think what she's trying to do instead of having E

• I think Royland is too hotheaded right now. I want to give negotiation a chance before I go out with swords drawn. Too much blood has already been shed. What we need now is to try and negotiate without causing more death. It may not be possible, but I would like to try.

K0t0 posted: »

I havent seen what she says in the wall choice, what does she say? Personally, I like Royland as much as I am disinterested in Duncan. We

• Hm... Can you be PM with the information too?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.