Game crashes at start up on iPhone 5

I played the first installment of "The Wolf Among Us" and everything was fine. Great even. So much so, that upon finishing the first episode, I purchased the episode 2-5 download. After that I went back to the game and now it just crashes every time I start the game up. It doesn't even show anything. I click on the game from the home screen and then... black screen and Crash, back to the home screen. This is unacceptable, I payed $20 for this. $4.99 for episode 1 and then $14.99 for 2-5. Not only do I have to wait to play the next episodes but now I can't even play the first episode or look at the fables book and the other extras. Please help me someone.

Comments

• I have the exact same problem word for word. I played and beat episode 1 twice with no issues other than not being able to see the book of fables from the pause menu (I read this is a known problem). After I finished the episode, I went ahead and bought the episode 2-5 pass. After this was purchased, I can no longer load the game. I get a black screen for a second and then back to my home screen.

I am experiencing these problems on my iphone 5 with iOS 7.0.4

I have went through the steps of exiting from my open apps and turning the phone off for 3 minutes and it still isn't working.

• I am having these same problems with ALL my Telltale games on IPad mini running 7.0.4 Back to the future, wolf among us, and walking dead season 2 will all crash immediately after trying to launch the app. Like the other users on here, each game will go to a blank black screen, then crash and dump me back to my home screen. PLEASE FIX!!!!!!

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Please make sure that you have the latest version of the app installed on your device. In order to make sure you are on the latest version, please open the App Store app and navigate to the Updates tab. Then check to make sure if there are any updates available for The Wolf Among Us. (Please note that the latest version of the game is Version 1.2.)

If you have the latest version installed and you are still receiving a crash, please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

• I have the same exact problem , only happened after I bought the 4 episodes pack ..

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited December 2014

Can you please clarify if the issue remains unresolved after trying my above suggestion?

Please make sure that you have the latest version of the app installed on your device. In order to make sure you are on the latest version, please open the App Store app and navigate to the Updates tab. Then check to make sure if there are any updates available for The Wolf Among Us. (Please note that the latest version of the game is Version 1.2.)

If you have the latest version installed and you are still receiving a crash, please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

Rima_ posted: »

I have the same exact problem , only happened after I bought the 4 episodes pack ..

This discussion has been closed.