The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Depends on if you can hold it but enjoy the experience :P

Just drank an entire wine glass of champagne... I think I'm gonna go to bed now, btw do you recommend I go to the bathroom first? O_O

• Alt text

Just drank an entire wine glass of champagne... I think I'm gonna go to bed now, btw do you recommend I go to the bathroom first? O_O

• Just drank an entire wine glass of champagne... I think I'm gonna go to bed now, btw do you recommend I go to the bathroom first? O_O

• I'm looking forward to it!

Markd4547 posted: »

YES!! YOUR BACK we missed you a lot here and I'm posting a big long frozen review here I typed earlier to thank you for my frozen review in about 15 minutes and tagging you in it btw

• edited December 2014

Alt text

XD My hack senses are tingling

Alt text

you smug Irish shit-beer drinking son of a bitch

XD As an Irishman that is the nicest thing anyone has ever called me thanks :'D fistbump

And a merry christmas/new Year to you merica

Saltlick123 posted: »

Happy New Year you smug Irish shit-beer drinking son of a bitch...... (It's good to let these things out at the beginning)

• Alt text

Alright, I'm going towards my bathroom I haven't used for a year. (get it?)

• Alright, I'm going towards my bathroom I haven't used for a year. (get it?)

• My god, he's hilarious.

Talimancer posted: »

That game is great. But this fucker though

• Alt text

YOLO, am I right?

• MY GOD, SALT! YOURE SUCH A CRIMINAL! You didn't speak Elsa for a year. Meanie face.

OH MY GOD! I HAVEN'T TALKED TO ANY OF YOU GUYS SINCE LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

• YOLO, am I right?

Depends on if you can hold it but enjoy the experience :P

• I'm only 13, but YOLO. gulps down champagne

I haz gravy made a mistake... I swear to drunk, I'm not God...

Welp, time to finally bring out the champagne! Happy New Years everyone!

• Before Blue could post his gif, PacForum came and ate it

Alt text

Alright, I'm going towards my bathroom I haven't used for a year. (get it?)

• Unless you want to wet the bed (if you're into that stuff, be my guest), go to the bathroom.

• LET IT GO LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!

Alt text

MY GOD, SALT! YOURE SUCH A CRIMINAL! You didn't speak Elsa for a year. Meanie face.

• I'm feeling better now, Btw I think I just heard a shitload of fireworks go off in my neighbors yard.

• For some reason, your Luigi death dance GIF isn't showing up on the discussion but only on my feed. Unfortunately I can't give it a like :(

Depends on if you can hold it but enjoy the experience :P

• Alt text

For some reason, your Luigi death dance GIF isn't showing up on the discussion but only on my feed. Unfortunately I can't give it a like

• MARRY CHRIS- UH I MEAN, HAPPY NEW YEARS FROM SAVANNAH, GEORGIA!!!!!!!

• I just got back from the bathroom. I was feeling more dizzy than that other state. But I'm in tip top shape now, All I had to do was wash my face and have a quick drink of water.

Unless you want to wet the bed (if you're into that stuff, be my guest), go to the bathroom.

• HAPPY NEW YEARS STRANGER!!!!! (Get it Savannah and the Stranger :P)

Alt text

JustinCage posted: »

MARRY CHRIS- UH I MEAN, HAPPY NEW YEARS FROM SAVANNAH, GEORGIA!!!!!!!

• F*ck Pacman!

(The only reason why I censored the 'F' word is because when I was 2 years old I loved Pacman which was in '02 so I want to show respect to him... Even though he is a scumbag when it comes to posting GIFS)

BlueShadiw posted: »

Before Blue could post his gif, PacForum came and ate it

• Sweet now we need Lee, Kenny, Clementine, Christa, Omid, Molly, Vernon and his clan of douches and all the walkers with glasses of champagne in their hands.

JustinCage posted: »

MARRY CHRIS- UH I MEAN, HAPPY NEW YEARS FROM SAVANNAH, GEORGIA!!!!!!!

• Same Applies to Larry, Trust me I know......

But I don't think the Stranger could attend this years party unfortunately because he's been "taken care of" two years ago.

• But I don't think the Stranger could attend this years party unfortunately because he's been "taken care of" two years ago.

HAPPY NEW YEARS STRANGER!!!!! (Get it Savannah and the Stranger :P)

• Let's just say if he did, He felt and looked pretty Salty Not to mention no head........

Wait so if Larry did attend the "2012 new year party" how much do you want to bet that 6' 4" scumbag had an entire glass of salt instead of champagne?

• Wait so if Larry did attend the "2012 new year party" how much do you want to bet that 6' 4" scumbag had an entire glass of salt instead of champagne?

HAPPY NEW YEARS STRANGER!!!!! (Get it Savannah and the Stranger :P)

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULavCZGz0mY

I'll be flicking stones at your window

I'll be waiting outside 'till you're ready to go

Won't you come down come away with me

Think of the places we could be~

• Well it's finally 2015 in Illinois, happy new year skrubs ^_^

• I'm so sick, I can't feel my face, anyway, happy new year everyone :D

• I'm thinking about my plans in 2015, First off in the Spring I'm going to Pennsylvania to see the house "Falling Water" google it if you don't know what I mean. Next from there my family and I are planning on spending a week in Pittsburgh. In the summer, I plan on going to Oregon for 2 weeks, then I'll go to Long Beach Island in Southern New Jersey. Finally I'm going to my country house for the last two weeks of summer and this country house lies on the border of New York and Pennsylvania. The rest of the year hasn't been thought of yet.

• edited January 2015

@allthatremains

I PM'd Maddi on skype and asked her for a review of the film frozen I was going to watch it later because she is the disney expert a couple of hours later she typed out an 8 paragraph review for me not just that she rewatched the whole film that day just to review it I would of been happy with two sentences but this was so detailed I actually felt so guilty for even asking her to do it was legendary just thought I'd share that it was so nice of Maddi.

I will do a long review as a thanks to her :)

Alt text

This is long containing many random rants :/ warning it spoils everything and unless you seen the film you won't understand it I'm to tired to type out the whole script for you :P

Pre-thoughts

Being the highest grossing animation film of all time I always wanted to see it but seeing all the merchandise even frozen toilet paper the day before I just taught another brand film to sell dolly's just great :/

Top five highest-grossing films of all time

Titanic - $2.19bn (£1.3bn)

Marvel's The Avengers - $1.52bn (£900m)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 - $1.34bn (£795m)

Frozen - $1.219bn (£723m)

Frozen review

Alt text

CHARACTERS(I'll name a few)

Alt text

Prince Hans

Prince perfect Hans always says the right thing appears out of the blue the day the princess gets shown to the public and after 5 minutes and a catchy musical number they decide it’s true love and want to get married immediately

I know a couple of people like Hans sees a girl goes over never argues or disagrees with her, everything she says is right, everything she says is genius and amazing even though he is doing all the talking, tells her how perfect he is, Gets as much personal information as possible then manipulations it to relate to his own life to seem relatable and close

Example

WHAT ANA you don’t talk to your sister I DO NOT talk to my brother

WHAT ANA you’re a princess I’m a prince

I known you like five minutes and you are the most amazing gifted special girl I ever seen we are like twins marry me(insert catchy love is like a door somehow song)

I knew straight away this guy was an a-hole manipulator liar he had all the traits that guys I knew used who were a-holes :/ Always portraying a persona they know the girl will like hiding all their faults acting completely submissive to the person never themselves but an act a perfect character they know the girl will like till they get what they want then dump them :/

Hans even let her leave to save her sister all by herself to take over the kingdom himself any other person who really found their true love will leave with Ana at all costs as that person’s life is worth more than anything to them worth more than any kingdom so it was clear to me he was evil

Ending up wanting to kill both sisters and steal the kingdom I was right he was a fraud

Alt text

Kristoff

A guy she found on the mountain who helped her through the whole journey for free
    Now this guy I knew was legit as he didn’t appear or act perfect he was always himself sometimes grumpy even asks her why he should help a girl he just met? All his faults were clear so was his motives he argued and disagreed with her a lot he was always honest sometimes critical but you can see why if you understood?

Examples

They were on a snow sleigh being attacked by wolves Ana wanted to help Kristoff but he refused and asked her to stay back saying her judgement cannot be trusted as she married some guy after 5 minutes. Most will look at that and say his being mean but think about it if you loved someone would you ever risk their live? Even if the risk was only 1 percent would their best ever be good enough for you to ever risk their lives instead of yours?

She tried to climb a mountain by herself with no safety equipment and Kris told her to get down she is acting stupid but the reason he said that was she was risking her life so he never wanted for her to take that risk so he was being honest because he cared about her safety.
    Kris behaved like a guy who actually did find his true love all criticism was not about hurting Ana sometimes not what she wanted to hear but it was about protecting her he wanted the best for Ana and always expected the highest standards because he believed in her no risk was ever small enough to risk her she was precious to him

If a guy actually found his true love it would take a while to have the courage to even talk to the girl he never told Ana, He would be ultra protective of her never letting her risk her life at any cost even if he appears critical unlike Hans who let her leave, He would show plenty of faults often disagreeing with her sometimes acting grumpy because he trusts this person enough to be completely himself at all times,

He would take a long time to tell her because he will never feel good enough for her example the rocknomes when he said they are not together and because he loves her that much he would never risk his friendship with her by telling her, He even loved her that much he took her back to the other guy hans because her happiness was more important than his to him, At the end he realised he could never leave her no matter how hard he tried so he came back risking his life

That’s love it’s a journey there are no 5 minutes perfect prince who say theyre perfect for you well I’m lying they are real but 10/10 you are being manipulated everytime I saw both these characters so enjoyed they took the care to reflect different type of guys and it ended with my predictions coming true.

Ended up being Ana's true love

Alt text

Ana

I really liked her character since they were kids all she wanted to do was build a snowman and play with her sister Elsa till the day her sister nearly killed her by accident with her powers leading the parents to isolate them apart and clean Ana memories of all the times she seen elsa use her powers. Making Ana confused as to why her sister never left her room to play really upsetting her.

Her blissful ignorance made her get tricked later on by prince perfect hans but despite her inexperience she seeked her sister through all the dangers even though everyone said her sister was a monster she left everything immediately to find her sister and save the day a helpless hero with no talents or powers made her adventure even more inspiring and brave to watch.

Alt text

Elsa

The person locked away to hide her powers seen as a freak even by her parents locked in her room all day everyday to keep everyone safe from her even she agreed it was for the best .you could see how much it hurt her everyday that Ana knocked on her door and she couldn’t come out to play. Her story was heart breaking and the minute she slipped up and her powers were revealed she hid in the mountains in isolation to protect everyone from her but they still went after her to kill her she caused a forever winter her death was the only thing that could stop it.

I found her character unrealistic even for Disney locked in your room all day everyday while her sister is allowed out and has no powers to be seen as a freak like her surely that would create envy and jealously between the sisters and if I wasn’t allowed out of my room and my bro knocked on the door everyday to come out that taunting would drive me crazy.

Alt text

Olaf

Insert lots of cringey cheesy jokes you heard hundred times before you have this little snowman all though me and my brother did laugh a lot for that sun song he did I liked it

Acting and Singing

Perfection especially the two sisters I never heard better vocals performances ever I also loved in the montages when they singed if they did anything crazy like sing into a window etc it would affect the vocals causing more immersion and realism for the viewer everytime they sang

There wasn't a song I didn't like the music was top class and the acting superb

I also liked the song let it go none of the lyrics were down to interpretation they are all aimed at previous events that took place in the film so you could fully understand every line for example “conceal don’t feel” her father told her that sentence to ask her to hide her powers

Best scene

let it go was a beautiful and fitting song for a crucial moment in the film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

Or that line Frozen Olaf Some People Are Worth Melting For it was just well scripted and a very touching moment in the film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SXQE0UoarU

Ending:

Where Elsa finds out love melts the ice I found it cliché and stupid Ana clearly stated true loves first kiss melts the ice in her case instead of elsa saving her and I would of liked for her to be revealed as having fire powers as her sister is ice I feel that would be a more badass and fitting end to save the day :P

What would I have changed:

I would of kept the beginning just as it is

But when the parents die and through isolation I feel Elsa should of became a villain who left for the mountains amid all the hate for her and jealousy of her sister

Ana seeked her to save her and fights with her sister on the mountains after she discovers her fire powers but she refuses to kill Elsa and in the end after a long battle they make up with an emotional speech or something

While the subplot Kris attacks the kingdom controlled by hans and his army and in the end Elsa and Ana join forces to battle the army and save the kingdom the perfect combination of fire and ice

Overall

I really enjoyed it even though I never felt Ana was in ever in any real danger or any challenge really tested her. Even for a Disney film I felt the script was a bit too nice and predictable. Plus the fact their parents died and NO ONE became batman >:(

8/10 or 8.5

I recommend it I was in a good mood after watching it definitely an uplifting experience 

• This has been a pretty uneventful New Year's Eve, but I have to say, I love the feeling of a passing year. It may just be the simple passing of another day, but 1/1 feels like a new start. If I'm the same person that I am today come this time next year, I will be disappointed, and will have failed myself. This is why we set goals and resolutions for the coming year. I'm excited to see what this one brings. Here's to 2015 ;)

• Thanks bro :)

Nice review,Mark.

• Alt text

Done it's posted :P

I'm looking forward to it!

• My dad is heavily intoxicated from over consumption of champagne and I'm terrified right now guys, I'm so scared that I'm not going to sleep because we're sharing a bedroom at a friends house until morning, he has the bed and I have the floor... We're only like a foot away from each other and I don't trust sleeping in a room with a drunk man. He also cussed at my stepmother numerous times when he refused to go up to bed. BTW my parents are divorced if anyone was going to ask. My dad also walked and talked strangely in front of me. But like I said... I'm terrified right now and shaking while typing on my phone. Please help me guys.

• In the original tale Frozen was based off of, the Snow Queen was the actual villain. Disney intended to honor that part of the story and make Elsa the antagonist, but they felt it would be more complex to show her as someone struggling with themselves, rather than being completely evil.

I like the changes you suggested, but it would have required the movie to be a lot longer when parts were already cut to begin with. I think the war aspect, though really interesting, would make things a lot more complicated and probably have to up the rating to PG.

Overall a great review and I'm happy you enjoyed it :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.