Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Nick is a monster, but I won't make him THAT bad! :P

I know, I was forewarning you as a result if you just so happened to make Nick kill one of my favorite members of the Porgie clan.

• Alt text

HazzatheMan posted: »

Nick is a monster, but I won't make him THAT bad! :P

• edited January 2015

For some reason, it immediately caught my eye when I first looked at this.

Alt text

I haven't unfortunately. It does look hella awesome from what I've seen from a few pictures so far! And didn't Gren wear a gold chain in the game? I noticed that he isn't wearing one in the panels here.

• Hahaha! I'm not that lucky Dragon XD

Nice, best to keep them forever since you put it that way. Who knows? They might even become a Persona collectors item one day, in which you could sell 'em for mucho dinero if you wanted to.

• I'll cover more of all that in later chapters but it was nice to see Lily on G.P. side; gave her sister that little extra comfort knowing something good would come out of it all.

And yes....dear, sweet Colin....also, thank ya' very much. I try. :3

Hmm, sounds like Gren and Holly wished a similar fate to Georgie the way Colin received it later in the comics. That's some pretty crazy

• happened to make Nick kill one of my favorite members of the Porgie clan.

Alt text

Katie will be pleased to hear so. :)

I know, I was forewarning you as a result if you just so happened to make Nick kill one of my favorite members of the Porgie clan.

• I shouldn't have even put that in now...

pudding_pie posted: »

happened to make Nick kill one of my favorite members of the Porgie clan. Katie will be pleased to hear so.

• edited January 2015

That lip curl though, Gren. <3 So kawaii!! ^-^

Alt text

God, I swear. You and your Gren. :3 Can't blame ya...he's hillarious. And yes, I have been reading them; I think a new one comes out today but don't quote me on that.....also, nice profile picture. <3

JJwolf posted: »

Speaking of FABLES, has anyone been reading The Wolf Among Us comic yet? I just finished the recent one and I'm LOVING the style and the dir

• Oh no it's fine. We are all giving ya' a hard time. :3 Kept everyone on their toes; that's a good thing when it comes to stories.

I shouldn't have even put that in now...

• Yeah but the 'hard time' you guys are giving me is the insinuation of violence...

I don't want Dragon threatening to kill me in my sleep! :/

Oh no it's fine. We are all giving ya' a hard time. Kept everyone on their toes; that's a good thing when it comes to stories.

• Just let him know that, I suppose. It was still a good story either way. :)

Yeah but the 'hard time' you guys are giving me is the insinuation of violence... I don't want Dragon threatening to kill me in my sleep!

• JJ's mentioned about how many people would have been effected if Georgie hadn't didn't accept that second chance, and this chapter really does show that. How one person's decision can having a bearing on some much is surprising, but true of not only the Fables world but our own, I suppose.

And now I'm getting too deep again. xD Charming drawings! Though I feel sorry for the dog in the last one. At least the babies seem happy. :3

Holly stepped out of the home for a moment; Emily was trying to feed the babies, while Ethan attempted to fix the horrible mistake that occu

• I'm glad its all beginning to head that way; the recent cover I posted was of Georgie holding the Fables involved in his life at some point or in the near future. Did that for the soul purpose of showing that Georgie is indeed the very thread that holds everyone together. Should he hace chosen to not go through with it all....well, Holly said it better than I could. None of them would be there.

And thank ya' very much. :3 They are cute little bits of sugar. :)

LupineNoir posted: »

JJ's mentioned about how many people would have been effected if Georgie hadn't didn't accept that second chance, and this chapter really do

• Holly and Peter remained outside for the remainder of the morning and were caught in their wonderous surroundings and the glorious sunshine above. Michelle called Ethan for a reminder of their meeting in an hour; Ethan was not looking forward due to the idea of paperwork, long sessions and the endless supply of Monster energy drinks.

Holly and the others paid their final goodbyes and left in the BMW. Ethan did very well for himself that year, from what Emily could see. Nick stayed behind, however, to keep an eye on Emily and the children. Although he knew of Vivian (funny thing about being dead; you could see other deceased individuals) he wanted to stay around and see the children a bit longer.

"Well, I'll be back later to pick you up then, Nick."

The black orb with a blue trail nods and floats towards the quads. Liam immediatly snatches the specter and sticks him in his mouth. Bouncing around in the boy's face, his cheeks glow a light blue. Emily enters the living room; she notices Vivian laughing hysterically on the couch and pointing at the boy. Emily grabs him and forces Nick, now covered in spit, out.

"No, bad Liam-" Emily places Nick on the couch. "Ya' don't need ta' be eatin' Nick."

Nick shakes, sending droplets of spit in various directions. "Yuck. Thanks, kid..."

"Awww, he likes you, Nick." Vivian claps her hands. "At least he didn't try eating you..."

Liam giggles and soon, the once Grendel is now a mini Georgie look-alike but with the same color hair as Gren. Although his left eye remains the milky color, he is now fully in human form. Emily kisses the freckles on his nose and places the boy back onto the floor. He rolls around, grabs a block and gums the ends.

"His teeth be comin' in."

"Already?" Nick flies near the boy. "But he's still-"

"Grendel males develop A LOT quicker than their siblings."

Liam opens his mouth and yawns widely; Emily takes the boy, rocks and heads to the play pen. Seraphina and Chloe are fast asleep in the pen, sucking their thumbs and moving their little feet. She places the boy next to his sisters and instantly, without any fuss, closes his eyes and takes a nap. Viviana floats in mid-air and tries to catch Nick.

"When are you going to tell Gren, Emily?" Nick and Vivian asked this at the same time. "Going to be kinda hard hiding a floating baby or turns invisible..."

"I will, I will." Emily grabs Viviana's leg. "Right now, though, I'm hopin' it be a bloody phase she be goin' through....."

Vivian rolls her eyes. "I doubt its a PHASE, Ems. He needs to know..."

"I will. Just, not right now. Not a very good time..."

Gren was laid off from his construction job and was having a difficult time looking for work. Emily had to take a part time job as a Barista for the local coffee shop. The hours were flexible and the pay was pretty good; she got tips and the most she'd receive in a day was one hundred, if not more. Gren felt useless and could do nothing right; Peter was doing his best to help Gren look for work but no one was hiring in Fabletown. Plus, Gren had 'violent tendencies' imprinted into his files. No Fable would hire him because of it.

"Job search not going so well?"

"Ethan said he's gunna try and get him a part time gig at the office with Michelle; she leaves fa' a month ta' Canada ta' visit her folks and this will give him a chance ta' learn the basics."

"I can't SEE Gren in an office, Ems."

Vivana latches onto Emily's breast and begins to nurse. Emily takes a seat on the couch; patting her daughter's bum, Emily hums a song and gently rocks the baby. Viviana closes her eyes and continues to feed.

"Gren is desperate for anything right now...."

Vivian sighs. She knew all too well what that was like. You'd do anything to remain floating and not drown in the sea of the forgotten. To comfort her long time friend and soul, she wraps her arms around Emily's neck and kisses the top of her head. The lip imprints leave a cool spot.

"He'll be fine. You'll be fine...they will all be okay, Emily."

Emily knew that; it always worked out in the end but even as a child, she knew even a monster like Gren had his limits. She'd seen his depressed before; worried, alone and determined to fix anything on his own. This usually led to problems and situations Gren could not find his way out of. She was there, however, to break his fall. No matter how high it was.

She glances at her phone. "I gotta' go ta' work 'ere in a bit-"

"Thought you were on maternity leave?" Vivian takes the baby and begins to burp her. "Thought Swineheart said three-"

"We need the money, Viv. I adore this home but....it takes a lot of fookin' energy ta' run it."

Nick and Vivian follow Emily into the room; Emily pulls her hair back, washes her face and turns the shower on. Gren enters the room and walks past Nick. He slides both arms under Emily's breasts and pulls her close. Gren presses his cheeks against her neck and exhales.

"Ya' alright, love?"

"Wish you didn't have to go...I should be the one getting ready for fuckin' work."

"Stop." Emily gently pats his hand. "Ya' are a wonderful father and provider, Gren. So ya' hit a bump in the bloody road?"

"Been fucking hittin' those all my goddamn life, Ems. I'm through with bumps..."

Emily could her the devestation lingering in his words. The mark on her arm felt like fire against the burning wood. It was hot to the touch. Peering into his eyes, Emily noticed the tears forming in the corners. It hurt to see him like so. Emily secretly wished Gren had more self confidence in what he was truly capable of. Guess that's what she was for.

"We'll be alright, love. Don't go feelin' like this now. Ya' got a family...."

Gren passionatly embraces Emily. Pinning her to the shower door, he removes the rest of emily's clothing and enters the shower with her. Vivian and Nick back away; neither of them wanted or NEEDED to see what was taking place beneath the streaming waters of passion. They entered the living room and carefully watched the sleeping babies. Seraphina was now fully awake and kicked her sock-covered feet when she noticed Nick.

He floats down in front of the young girl. "Gootchie, gootchie, goo! Yes! Who is a pretty baby? YOU are a pretty baby!"

Vivian laughs. "You're good with kids."

"Eh, always wanted one or two of my own but.....well....things didn't GO as planned."

Vivian knew of Nick's story: found at the wrong place and at the wrong time. Falsely accused of stealing a loaf of bread and sentenced to death by hanging. Since then, Nick wandered around the Homeleands until he found a young Georgie. Although the two never got along, even when Vivian was alive, they managed to form enough respect, especially now.

"What about you?"

"I did..." Vivian picks Seraphina up to fix her bow. "I wanted a lot but things didn't work out like they should have."

"Did you want them with Georgie?"

It didn't take Vivian long to answer. "No. Not Georgie..."

"Oh." Nick was a tad surprised by her answer. "Then who, if you don't mind-"

Vivian sighs deeply. "Can....can you keep this between you and I?"

"Sure."

Vivian scoots closer. "Hans and I...we were having a secret love affair for YEARS."

"The fuck?"

"Yeah. We were trying...maybe Georgie would believe me if I HAD become pregnant but it never took so, I never had that chance. And besides....Hans was loyal to Georgie, no matter what he says. He felt like it was betrayel, should I become pregnant with the Bouncer's baby."

"Hans is a good man." Nick sighs. "Too bad...."

"Yeah." Vivian grabs a nearby toy to play with Seraphina. "In a way, though, I got my little family...right here. My sweet, little angels."

They both hear the footsteps of Emily. Now dressed in her work outfit, she enters the living room to begin the ritual of kissing all the babies goodbye. After the final one with Seraphina, she grabs her purse and keys. Gren waits for Emily near the front; hand in his pant pocket and the other rested beside the doorway, he smiles and kisses Emily's lips.

"Ya' want me ta' bring anything fa' ya'?"

"What's for dinner?"

"Ya' want me ta' pick up a bucket of Fried Chicken?"

Gren nods. "Yeah. With extra crispy skin if you can."

Emily kisses Gren one last time before entering the Truck. She starts the vehicle, turns the radio on and heads to the city. Gren waves and returns to his home; all but Liam and Chloe were on the floor, rolling around and chewing on their toys. Vivian remained quiet and by the sink in the kitchen. Nick, however, continued to float over Viviana's head and entertain the little girl.

Gren lays beside his daughters and sighs. "Daddy does not deserve your mommy sometimes."

Seraphina plays with Gren's nose. "Growp, pppbft pppbbft."

"Yeah. I agree with you, too."

Remaing on the floor, Gren holds his daughters and sighs. Much better place then were he used to be.

Gren did not want to go back.

Any qustions, you know the dril. :3

• Thank you :)

MasterStone posted: »

Beautiful

• LOL XD It's such an awesome necklace, seriously! I bought it at hebeldesign.com, if you're interested. Plus, the books are amazing too, you should totally read them ^-^

OMG...That is the most beautiful thing I have ever clicked on and seen with my eyes! I noticed you posted the link and since Valentines day IS around the corner, I'm willing to leave 'clues' for my boyfriend in hopes he'll get the idea....lol

• Then I get a bigger chain, Dragon XD Glad you guys all like it, It's probably my favorite piece of jewelry now :D

But what if the necklace suddenly doesn't fit around your neck anymore? What then, huh? HUH!? (>:D) Anyways, I love it, absolutely gorgeous. That part was obvious from the start.

• I'm already in love with Scar's little baby and she isn't even born yet, lol XD Robert.....eh, what can I say? He inherited some charming characteristics from his family lineage ;) Everyone thought Noah was going to be the womanizer....doesn't look like that so much now, does it? XD

Can't wait for the next newborn, this is going to be one of your most treasurable moments, Scar! And damn, Robert, you done good. You done good, indeed.

• It is a nice necklace :)

EMMYPESS posted: »

COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO FABLES ALERT: I just got this new necklace. And it's custom made, to look like a necklace from a book I read AND

• Nope, it does not. I am glad for Robert though, as it's something that he could probably brag about to Noah. :P But nah, Rob is more polite than that! Anyhow, you know what I'm going to say next, so I'll just end it with a "Congrats again Scar!"

I'm already in love with Scar's little baby and she isn't even born yet, lol XD Robert.....eh, what can I say? He inherited some charming ch

• If it bothers you that much, I'll stop. I just hope you realize that I joke nearly all the time and I don't verbally mean harm to anyone here in any way - including you.

Yeah but the 'hard time' you guys are giving me is the insinuation of violence... I don't want Dragon threatening to kill me in my sleep!

• I'm not really used to your 'serious' style of joking...

I'm fine with it :/

If it bothers you that much, I'll stop. I just hope you realize that I joke nearly all the time and I don't verbally mean harm to anyone here in any way - including you.

• I'm debating on reading those books; you have mentioned them before in your previous posts and now with you recommending them the way you are, I need to see for myself. :) I'm serious about leaving 'clues' for the boyfriend now. xD

LOL XD It's such an awesome necklace, seriously! I bought it at hebeldesign.com, if you're interested. Plus, the books are amazing too, you should totally read them ^-^

• You don't sound like you are fine with it. (that's what it seems like to me, anyway) Regardless, considering how you've seen the way how I post my comments on the forums, you shouldn't let a thing like that bother you.

Anyways, don't take most of my comments personally and/or seriously - is all I'm saying. Especially if it may seem like a 'death threat' - and for that, I also apologize.

I'm not really used to your 'serious' style of joking... I'm fine with it

• You don't need to apologise :)

Like I said in another post weeks ago now; I'm a sensitive person and I tend to take the littlest things to heart :P

That's just me... I've never been good with people's opinions....

You don't sound like you are fine with it. (that's what it seems like to me, anyway) Regardless, considering how you've seen the way how I p

• Firstly, Nick has a fine dress sense. I'm a big fan of the boots, but the general ensemble is one of intimidating style. :)

Otherwise, Mary's willingness to possibly kill Katie is unnerving, but then she does have her dark side and is trying to find her own daughter. Particularly glad that the Porgie's - and Hans - got out of that in one piece and healed by Nick - there really is some remorse in the man's soul.

Finally got a new chapter up :P Big thank you to @pudding_pie for creating the characters of Lyla Smith and her daughter Katie, and for lett

• edited January 2015

Yeah, to me, it feels like Gren lost a part of his character just by not having his gold chains on.

MasterStone posted: »

For some reason, it immediately caught my eye when I first looked at this.

• I was thinking about that, actually. XD Well, I'll be sure to reply carefully to your comments this time around. ;)

You don't need to apologise Like I said in another post weeks ago now; I'm a sensitive person and I tend to take the littlest things to heart :P That's just me... I've never been good with people's opinions....

• Wow, that really is a beautiful and intricate necklace. :) I'm not sure what it's made out of, but it has a tarnished look that makes it seem very old; the wings are fascinating to. Is it to do with the 'Clockwork Princess' you were reading?

COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO FABLES ALERT: I just got this new necklace. And it's custom made, to look like a necklace from a book I read AND

• Think of Nick as being like Bigby: a powerful monster looking to reform himself.

Yeah I gave Nick all those weapons and he prefers to use his bare hands :P

Next chapter will begin with Georgie and Lyla briefly discussing Nick and then Nick will have a domestic argument with Mary XD

LupineNoir posted: »

Firstly, Nick has a fine dress sense. I'm a big fan of the boots, but the general ensemble is one of intimidating style. Otherwise, Mary

• Was waiting to see if it was good, and going by your comments it is! :D Poor, Gren - even in the comic he can't get a break, and he might have to have his arm torn off all over again. Good thing he's got you and Pie to add some happiness to his life. :3

Speaking of FABLES, has anyone been reading The Wolf Among Us comic yet? I just finished the recent one and I'm LOVING the style and the dir

• Eh, my joke styles tend to change depending on the situation. Or I could be super cereal (serious) about stuff too, so yeah, it's all good dude!

Honestly, now I know for sure what your style of joking is, you don't need to change XD I'll get used to it :P

• Honestly, now I know for sure what your style of joking is, you don't need to change XD

I'll get used to it :P

I was thinking about that, actually. XD Well, I'll be sure to reply carefully to your comments this time around.

• Alt text

Besides, since you said 'probably'. You might as well give me the jewelry so I can cherish it forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever. XD

Then I get a bigger chain, Dragon XD Glad you guys all like it, It's probably my favorite piece of jewelry now

• The forum ate my comment again so I'll just respond with another gif. XP

Alt text

Honestly, now I know for sure what your style of joking is, you don't need to change XD I'll get used to it :P

• And I am pleased that she'll be pleased to hear so. ;)

happened to make Nick kill one of my favorite members of the Porgie clan. Katie will be pleased to hear so.

• Yeah, that's a good point about Nick and his hands, but I guess the weapons must be for when he really gets going. As regards Georgie and Lyla, I thought that if they'd just answered at the first chance it would have saved everyone a lot of bother and tidying up! Oh well. :P Would not like to have a domestic with Mary!

Think of Nick as being like Bigby: a powerful monster looking to reform himself. Yeah I gave Nick all those weapons and he prefers to use

• Oh, you and your second chance angelic spirits. :P

I know you do, man. XD

I'll cover more of all that in later chapters but it was nice to see Lily on G.P. side; gave her sister that little extra comfort knowing something good would come out of it all. And yes....dear, sweet Colin....also, thank ya' very much. I try.

• They drew it a few times but stopped half way through. :(

It's not Gren without it.

I haven't unfortunately. It does look hella awesome from what I've seen from a few pictures so far! And didn't Gren wear a gold chain in the game? I noticed that he isn't wearing one in the panels here.

• Fuckin' illustrators, man, I'm tellin' ya!

They drew it a few times but stopped half way through. It's not Gren without it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.