TWAU - Crash: Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver, version 347.09 has stopped working

Hi,

Steam - PC - Windows 7

So I'm able to enter game and everything runs smoothly until the game freezes and the audio transforms into a nasty buzzing. After that the screen goes black or white. I can still hear some of the background audio but nothing works. I will then alt+tab out and exit the game via desktop and a message pops up that says "Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver, version 347.09 has stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

The first couple of times this happened I had to hard restart my pc and/or there was a blue screen of death.

It would also happen at specific points. Right after that girl sticks an axe in the Woodsman's head, he crawls across the ground then drops his face on the pavement. In that exact moment the game would freeze and I'd have to kill it. I reinstalled from steam and it would get past that point but kept happening.

Here's the link to my support data
https://www.dropbox.com/s/azdp97h3x1dvydo/TWAU_support_data_pc.zip?dl=0

What's going on?

Thanks

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please make sure that your computer is using your more powerful graphics card to play the game by enabling the more powerful graphics card through Optimus. To do this, please follow the steps in This Article.

• edited January 2015

I followed the directions of the article and the problem is still occurring. I noticed that right before there is a notification saying "Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver, version 347.09 has stopped responding and has successfully recovered" there is one that says something to the effect of "Intel Integrated Graphics has stopped responding...."

I realized I forgot to mention in the first post that the game would make a buzzing sound then the visual aspect of the game would crash, leaving a white screen, some music and sound effects.

What else can I do to stop this error?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/azdp97h3x1dvydo/TWAU_support_data_pc.zip?dl=0

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please make sure that your computer is using your more powerful graphics card to play the game by enabling the more powerful graphics card through Optimus. To do this, please follow the steps in This Article.

It appears that your integrated Intel HD Graphics card does meet the minimum system requirements to play the game. I recommend updating the drivers of that graphics card, and then restart the game, and see if you are then able to play successfully.

Brosefish posted: »

I followed the directions of the article and the problem is still occurring. I noticed that right before there is a notification saying "Dis

• I did what you suggested and the problem still occurs. But I was able to fix it by switching the primary graphics card for TWAU from the Nvidia to Intel Integrated Graphics. For some reason it runs better on my less power graphics card instead of the nvidia. Why is this?

It appears that your integrated Intel HD Graphics card does meet the minimum system requirements to play the game. I recommend updating the drivers of that graphics card, and then restart the game, and see if you are then able to play successfully.

I am not sure about this, I recommend contacting the manufacturer of your computer, and make sure that everything is set up correctly so that your more powerful graphics card is set up to run at its optimum settings.

Brosefish posted: »

I did what you suggested and the problem still occurs. But I was able to fix it by switching the primary graphics card for TWAU from the Nvi

This discussion has been closed.