Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• I'm already wondering what the February challenge will be?? (Assuming there will be one?)

JJwolf posted: »

yes I think you might be right. Either way, this was too much fun.

• Holy crap....it all makes sense now XD

Lyla bursts into a fit. "HA! I love this girl! I did! I rode the Robert train...we...we have a baby together...but Georgie....he's, he's sexy. Ya' know, Harms my lady?"

"OHMYGOD....yes! I totally understand!"

That was the best part, by far XD All the choo choos and the trains and oh my god my stomach hurts from laughing XD

Emily smacks Gren's chest. "Ya' do ta' her fookin' phone, Grendel?!"

Harmony, her equalibrium off balance, waves her hand. "Accident....Emily....please.....you scare me....."

Tim takes the broken phone. "Whoa, Harmony...."

"I know. I, uh, fell down and crushed it. Your mom is a tad drunk, Emily. She THOUGHT it was Grendel..."

I lied. This was the best part XD I'm seriously laughing so hard, this was great, JJ!

Rose pats Robert's head. "You should KNOW better than that, Robby. To assume you can handle a party like mine....I'm STILL the party Queen."

Rose seriously is the party queen, that's for sure XD

As promised, the Fables all gathered at a local coffee shop; even Makato, although still had the image of Gren twerking on the streets, showed up for a quick bite to eat. Harmony, like Gren, was watching the kids; she had her little bundles in the stroller, while Gren tried keeping his set of Quads quiet in their seats.

D'awwww, all of our munchkins :D This was an awesome tale, I think you deserve the award for this month, man XD

Jan Challenge -The End- Jan 4th, I really don't care o'clock. The more Rose spoke, the memories and the previous night became and a

• Harmony drunk

Me too man XD It's the best thing I've ever seen!

pudding_pie posted: »

There is waaaaaaaaaaay too many things that I can quote from this entire story; what REALLY spoke to me were the following: * Robert an

• Oh that's right! I forgot Bigby said that! So I literally have no idea what to expect, honestly. I can only imagine that maybe he'll get the ring from Rose somehow, but I honestly don't know. We'll have to sit tight and find out. Two more months >.> Can't believe it's almost over, man.

And I want Brandish as dead as you, God damn it.

HazzatheMan posted: »

I have been waiting for THIS moment since 145: Bigby gets the ring back from Rose, he cracks and breaks in pain as his body reforms itsel

• Two more months >.> Can't believe it's almost over, man.

Well as much as I want to cry into a pillow. I will point these things out:

• Willingham has stated in multiple interviews that he will "Keep the door open to Fables, just a crack" IN CASE he decides to return to it in the future... Some people have asked him (quite rudely I think) on Twitter when Fables will return after issue 150, his reply was kinda 'angry' but in a controlled way :/

• Willingham's editor Shelly Bond keeps running new ideas by him about other Graphic Novel spin-offs (you know like Werewolves of the Heartlands) and he joked in one interview that she will keep writing Graphic Novels even after issue 150 is released (Of course he may have been joking)

I hope Willingham or someone from the Fables team returns to it in the future. This series had a 13 year run and it was amazing!

But have you heard of the series Hellblazer? That series ran for 23 years from 1989 to 2002, and had 300 issues!

The main character John Constantine inspired Bigby as well (John "smoked like a Bristol chimney" because why not? He wore a trench coat and looked very gruff, he also had attitude...)

EMMYPESS posted: »

Oh that's right! I forgot Bigby said that! So I literally have no idea what to expect, honestly. I can only imagine that maybe he'll get the

• Healing

The shot from Makotos handgun rang out as Snow and Clara were walking to find Makoto and Celeste. Snow followed the sound of the shot, leading them to find Makoto on the floor and Celeste crying on his chest.

"It's all my fault....it's all my fault" Celeste kept saying.

"What's wrong, what happened!? Is he still alive!?" Snow asked.

"He is...but he's hurt." Celeste said

Clara took a look at Makotos body, since they were going swimming all he had on was swimming trunks, but there were no signs of injury.

"Uh miss he's perfectly fine." Clara stated

When Clara looked he was fine there was no blood from his shoulders anymore and he seemed to just be sleeping. Celeste cried tears of joy this time. Clara bent down.

"What happened here exactly?" Clara asked

Clara went on to explain how Makoto had killed Dewitts brother.

"So Dewitt has siblings...and what was that about Deaths promised land?" Snow asked

"That's all he said when he started to attack us." Celeste said "He always saves me...he always gets into trouble and ends up hurt when I'm around....."

"This isn't your fault kid." Clara said picking up Makotos body. "C'mon we gotta get him into bed."

Celeste had to try and stand and walk, it was difficult but she managed to get up and walk with the others.

That same day in Fabletown

Luke and Luna were walking the streets of Fabletown.

"Luna hurry up!" Luke said

"Right away sir. I am sorry sir." She apologized.

"Not a problem Luna, so you said my son is at the farm now yes?" Luke asked

"Yes, he just fought one of your henchmen and won sir." Luna said

"Excellent he has a fighting spirit then!" Luke sounded excited "Hurry Luna we have to visit an old acquaintance of mine."

"Affirmative." She replied

At Bigbys office

"Knock knock wolf." Luke stormed in.

"What!?" Bigby was shocked "Luke what are you doing here!? We thought you were dead!"

"Well technically I am dead, actually I'm Death itself now." Luke explained

"I see..." Bigby was still in shock. "So what have you come back to do?" He asked

"You see Bigby, as far as I know we will never get our homelands back." Luke continued "And since the Mundys have been asking for death ever since my accomplice has joined me, spreading a plague that is still in Asia of course. I plan to make this our new homelands!"

Luke had caught Bigbys full attention he was now up and ready to fight.

"Whoa woah Bigby, calm down you didn't let me finish." He said taking an envelope out of his suit pocket. "Give this to my son when he comes back fully recovered and have him read this ordeal. Oh and don't try to read it, it'll only open for him or his soon to be wife within a year or two." Luke said

"I hate this bull shit and you know it!" Bigby was angry but he knew he couldn't combat Death it'd be suicide.

"Also you might want to contact Dewitt and his cousin and send them to the farm, his two younger brothers and his older sister have joined my army." Luke said "Makoto is going to need all the help he can get so I figured I'd give him at least one friend to help him any other is free game at this point." Luke smiled

Before Bigby could reply Luke was gone and so was Luna. He picked up the phone and called Dewitt and told him to visit the farm and to bring his cousin.

Back at the farm

Celeste sat in a chair while Makoto lied in bed. There seemed to be a side effect to awakening his power as on of his eyes turned red and he'd yell and spout random regrets that weren't even his. Snow and Clara were downstairs trying to figure out what to do when Dewitt and Mary walked in the door.

"Hey Bigby told us to come here and give this to Makotos girlfriend." He didn't look too happy.

"Dewitt it's not your fault it was your brothers fault" Mary seemed annoyed at his sadness.

Clara nodded and went to get Celeste. When they got back downstairs they sat at a table and opened up envelope. They read how that in two years time that Luke will command an army to kill the surviving mundys and set up another Homelands and that the only way to stop him is his son and his wife to be would have to be the voice of the mundys and whatever Fable opposes his idea and fight him on the second new years day in the old homelands but also states that they can join them if they wish too. This hit the group hard except for Clara who seemed to be smiling.

"Guys this is good news!" Clara said "We get a new Homelands."

"But is it worth the mundys lives and the Fables lives who oppose him?" Snow said

Celeste sat there quietly she didn't know how to respond or even react to this letter from Makotos father.

"No. We have to fight back!" Dewitt said

"We have time two years to think about this so why doesn't Snow call Bigby and tell him the news. Celeste you need to get healthy again so why don't you go rest, and Dewitt and Mary can sleep here too." Clara suggested.

Celeste was still speechless but recognised she was tired and should rest. So with the news she decided to sleep on it and if Makoto was awake she would show him the letter and ask him what they should do....

That's it! I hope you guys like this as much as I enjoyed writing it! :D Will Makoto and Celeste save the mundys? Or will they kill them for a new homelands? I plan on writing the two years that'll take place and then write the canon ending and the what if scenario because there will be a sequel story that takes place after this story whenever I finish it XD I'm currently out with my dorm mates but I have no idea what they are talking about as I am not very knowledgeable on the subject so I decided to write this. Any questions or comments or anything else let me know! :D

• Sorta, yeah :) I only did the part where she woke up in the middle of central park, really. Ava never did find out why she was naked...

She did, although it wasn't really much of a story on its own. It was merely a part of the ongoing story she was creating from before, I think. Right @EMMYPESS?

• edited January 2015

It was another phone call in the middle of the night. Harmony struggled to peal herself from her bed, completely wiped out from caring for four three month olds on a daily basis. She almost told Tim to answer it for him, but she knew that would be useless. She opened her eyes slowly, blinking rapidly to get used to opening them up. They had all sorts of sleep crusts and it was gross, so she rubbed them with her balled hands. The only source of light was from the night-light she plugged in near the bassinets. She sighed, because soon her babies would have to graduate to actual cribs, and be placed in the room next door. She glanced at each of them quickly, making sure they were all alright. Her hand unplugged her cellphone- a new one might I add, because who could forget New Years- and pressed the 'accept call' button. She placed the phone against her ear tiredly and spoke into the speaker.

"Hello?" She said. All she could hear was somebody stifling a sob. "Who....is this?"

"Harmony?" The voice was cracked and sad. It was the voice of her mother. She only saw the woman who'd given birth to her cry once in her entire life, so this was extremely out of the ordinary.

"Mom," Harmony whispered, so as to not wake her family. Her heart beat was picking up speed, as her body braced itself for whatever bad news was to come. "What's wrong?"

There was a pause. The crying had ceased, but she could hear faint murmurs on the other side of the line. "Mom? What's going on?" She said louder.

"Harmony," Winter said at last. "You're brother has died."

It was as if Harmony had been struck dumb with a baseball bat. She held the phone to her ear and stared at the wall across from her, her mouth ajar. She couldn't find any words to speak.

"Harmony? Are you still there?" Her mother called out. "I....Isaac came to me with his body. It was Dare, Harmony."

Dare. Dare. Dare. "Dare."

It was all Harmony could process. She placed the phone down, not bothering to hang up, and she stalked across the room to her bed. She shook her husband awake frantically.

"What, what, Harmony? I thought..it was your turn..." His voice mumbled.

"Tim, get up," She said. Her voice was high, avoiding a mental break-down. Dare.

He opened his eyes now, concerned. "What's happening?"

Harmony stared at him in complete silence. She could hear the faint hum of the heater, the little noises of her mother that still hadn't hung up and was wondering where her daughter had gone. She started crying.

"Harmony!" Tim said. "What's happening? Why are you crying?"

He was sat up and bed, and Harmony fell against his shoulder, burying her face on the sleeve of his shirt. "He-...He's dead....My brother....he died..." She said in between sobs. Tim was utterly shocked, his arms wrapping around her shoulders comfortingly. He patted the back of her head, his fingers tangling in her hair. He rocked her, as if she were a child.

"Shh..." His voice cooed. "It'll be okay, Harm. Everything will be fine..."

Joining in a chorus, their four babies stirred awake, and a few of them let out wails of their own. Tim peeled his body from his wife and kissed her forehead as she continued to stifle sobs, falling against the pillow in a fetal position. He grabbed the phone, his mother-in-law going insane on the other side.

"Harmony? Where'd you go?"

"It's me, Winter," Tim said, still a tad shocked. He walked over to the cribs and rocked them with his hand, trying to calm the children down. It worked more for Jason than it did Jessamine and Gabriel, and little Adeline was just staring at him in confusion from her cot. Tim sighed.

"What happened to my daughter?" Winter's voice squeaked. Tim was uncomfortable listening to her voice with such distress. He felt as if he were intruding.

"She's crying on the bed. So are the babies. Well, they're in their own beds, but..."

Winter let out a breath on the other side. "I....I'll call back in the morning....Oh my god..."

"Winter," Tim said, before she hung up. "How...did it happen? I mean...if.."

She sucked in a breath. "He....the boys are daredevils....they always have been. I...I guess they got themselves into a bit of a pickle. I...I don't know... I don't know, Timothy."

Tim pressed his lips together tightly. "Well, I'll have Harm call back later. Bye..."

"B-bye.." Winter's voice sounded defeated. She hung up first, so Tim placed the phone down, and turned his attention back to his little ones. He heard footsteps in the hall, and a knock on his bedroom door.

"Come in," He sighed. He grabbed Gabriel, who was crying the most, and turned to see his daughters and his sons standing in the hall, shuffling in with sleep in their eyes, but worry on their faces.

"What's wrong?" Ash spoke up. "I heard mom..."

Tim looked at his wife. Her sobs had died down to a murmur, but her face was stuffed into a pillow now and the covers lay haphazardly over her. He could see her body shaking from where he stood.

He let out a slow meaningful breath. "Kids....Mom is really upset. Uncle Dare died."

The shock was like a wave that hit all the children. Elora teared up, horror across her face. The boys, Noah and Robert, they were dumbstruck. Ash looked fierce.

"How?" He voice was low and determined.

"We don't know yet, we'll find out in the morning." Tim told her. He gave her a warning look. "Go back to bed, all of you."

The boys shuffled away, but Ellie and Ash stayed put for a moment.

"I..." Elora whimpered. "Uncle Dare is gone?"

Tim could only nod. He was still holding his youngest, who was still crying like the rest of the children behind him. Elora scooted from the doorway and went to her room. Ash was still standing.

"Ash-" Tim said.

"No," She whispered. "There's nothing you can say. I... Do you need help?"

Tim looked behind him, where Adeline had joined the rest of her crying siblings finally. He furrowed his brow, turning to look at Harmony, who was still very much too upset to do much.

"Yes, please."

And so Ash walked over, took Gabriel, and Tim rocked two cradles at a time. His eldest daughter grabbed a bottle and fed her brothers while Tim dealt with the girls. He really appreciated how responsible Ash had become, and despite the sadness of the occasion, he smiled weakly while he watched her change Jason's diaper.

That was more depressing than I originally planned. Not that I plan much to begin with....but you know. I figured that there would be death, eventually, in the family, for one reason or another. This is Harmony's reaction, as well as her children and husband. More on it later, probably.

On to more meaningless things XD Just took my next couple midterms today, and I think I did pretty good! Feeling super confident! It was Exploratory Business and French >.< I was more afraid for the French than I should have been, because I think I aced it now that I look back on it. But we'll see. I'm hoping for at least a B. As for business....that was easy as pie. We're getting a literal blizzard right now, probably won't have school tomorrow (More time for me to study for the next set of midterms, lolol) Supposed to get 2 feet max. SUPER EXCITED AND SCARED AT THE SAME TIME WOOO! And Pie, how is baby Emily doing? I literally want to know everything about this girl, lmao XD Hope you all are having fantastic weeks so far, I think mine is pretty swell, personally. So yeah!

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQpLNCRIxWA

I guess some things are better off not knowing. :O

Sorta, yeah I only did the part where she woke up in the middle of central park, really. Ava never did find out why she was naked...

• edited January 2015

Emily was on her third load of laundry when there was a tiny knock on the door. Chloe and miss Viviana had a field day with mommy's coffee and spilled the entire thing on their blankets and toys. Luckily Vivian was there to snatch the drink before the girls had a chance to taste test. Smelling like Starbucks, Emily culdn't help but chuckle at her children. They were too much like their father; had to constantly touch and get his hands into places it shouldn't

Emily closed the backroom and headed for the front. She didn't even notice Mary, now sitting on the couch. Lately she was into her Houdini act and randomly appeared in the most odd places around the home. The other day she was in the upstairs bathroom, patiently sitting on the toilet for Emily. It never bothered Emily but to Gren it was a nusiance.

Emily opens the door to find Mr. Sunflower. Out of all the creatures inhabiting the Farm, he was the one she always tolerated and made a conscience effort to visit. He was almost like a grandfather to her. Several times as a child, they'd visit him. Georgie occasionally said 'dad' time to time but never in front of Sunflower. Think he felt the same way, too, in regards to her father.

"Why, hello Miss Emily. This wouldn't happen to be a BAD time, would it?"

"No, please...c'mon in. Would ya' like a cup of coffee or some tea? Something ta' eat?"

"Oh no, dear. None of that, please. I'm just here to see those precious little angels of yours."

Emily snorts. "Angels, Sunflower....THAT'S a bloody understatement."

Both were startled when Mary speaks. In her arms, she craddles Liam. "Least you don't have MY kids. Well, they are all pretty good but that Sheila and Damien, man...always getting into shit."

While Emily folds her arms, Sunflower creeps behind and covers his face. Bloody Mary was one Fable he never wished to hold a conversation, nor be alone with for too long. He knew the stories. The legends. All of it, from what HE could see, were true. Ever since the kids, marriage and Junior taking her place, Mary was rather calm and in her 'happy' place a lot more. The sarcasam, well, would never die.

"Woot the bloody 'ell, Mary-ya' don't know how ta' use a door? Pick up a bloody telephone?"

Mary scratches Liam's chin. "Now SEE-that's no fun, Emily."

"Ya' lucky Gren ain't here, Mary. He's gettin' tired of this-"

"GREN needs to cool off for a bit." There was some bitterness in her voice as Mary spoke. "I'm not hurting anyone. It's how I've ALWAYS traveled. Don't do it so much since, well..."

Emily heavily sighs. "Well, ya' be scarin' Sunflower and-"

"OH, he acts like I'm going to bite the petals RIGHT off his head! Calm down, sun boy."

Sunflower says not one word. Instead, eyes the mirror jumper before grabbing Seraphina and holding the child. She takes her tiny fingers and begins yanking on a petal drooping in her face.

"Oh no, baby-easy with him..."

Sunflower chuckles. "Nah, she's fine. Look at her-she loves me."

Emily sits beside Mary and proceeds to feed Chloe and Viviana. Their frail shrieks indicated to Emily their hunger and needing to eat. Since the pregnancy, Emily's inner Wolf kicked into overdrive; she was able to smell ten times better than before, listen carefully to her children's needs and wants and had more energy than before. Her mother explained this usually happens during or after the pregnancy. Emily didn't mind.

"So, where is the big guy at?" Mary kisses the top of Liam's head. "Didn't see him..."

"Remember, he was going to the Woodlands in regards to that Security job?"

"Security job?"

Emily glares at Mary. "Don't...he's been really upset with bein' fired and findin' work in Fabletown. He can't work for the mundy and no Fable will hire him. Said majority won't hire someone like him....fookin' idiots."

"Weeeeell, can you BLAME any of them?"

"So, its fair now that we go off of woot was done HUNDREDS of years ago or in the past? That's not fookin' okay, Mary!"

"Look, Gren is an alright guy Emily but even YOU know what the man is capable of and-"

Emily could feel the burning sensation in her eyes, the lodged feeling in her throat. Vivian must have detected a disturbance, for the ghost of the Pudding n' Pie's former hostess was floating beside her. A gentle touch of cool mist stood upon Emily's shoulder. How Vivian sometimes wished she could hold Emily.

Vivian wasn't the only one to notice the building hostility; Sunflower tried to comfort the distressed woman.

"Alright, ladies....that's enough. Well, I'm happy to hear Grendel is getting some work and Peter is-"

"Ya' think that;s fair, Mary?" Emily was grinding her teeth. "Ya' think it's fair!?"

"Hey, calm down! It was a joke, Ems! You know I adore that off-the-handle man you have-"

Something inside of Emily's mind made her stand up and slap Mary in the face. But it wasn't a simple hit across the cheek; there was force behind her actions and before long, the area Emily touched was red hot and burning. Mary, like Sunflower and Vivian, could only remain speechless and unsure of how to react. Chloe and Viviana kicked in their place and began to wail. Emily returned to reality, excused herself and tried to comfort the girls.

"The fuck!" Mary rubs her face. "Did you see that Sunflower!? That bitch!"

It took all of what Vivian had not to finish where Emily left off. Although it wouldn't do much, Vivian felt like she needed to add her two cents in. Sunflower held Seraphina, now playing with the buttons on his coat.

"You went too far, Mary."

"She knows I'm joking, you house plant-"

"Obviously not if she felt the need to hit you. Sometimes you THINK you're joking but you have to understand something-you were attacking him. Emily has always been very protective of Grendel...."

"I know that! Even as a small girl-"

"Do you recall how difficult it was for Junior to find work? Hmm? No one-not a SINGLE Fable-would hire the boy BECAUSE of who he was dating and who his father was."

Mary did remember. Junior was distraught; he had a baby on the way and no one would give him a chance. It never dawned on the poor kid as to WHY nothing was working out for him. Now, here she was, doing the same thing to Emily. In the years since she'd known him, Gren had settled down and was willing to make a difference. She was no saint and had no room to talk.

Mary sighs. "God fucking damnit." She stands up, still holding Liam. "Where did she go?"

Sunflower points to the porch. "Go talk to her. I'll watch Seraphina...."

Mary pulls back the sliding glass door. Chloe was now on the floor, while Viviana casually floats around Emily's head. She has a death grip on the child's leg. The little girl claps ans tried reaching for the heavens. Birds tweet by, flapping their wings and looking down at the floating child and Wolf pup rolling around on the deck. Mary clears her throat, causing Emily to turn away.

"You know, Snow told me the best way to keep a randomly floating baby down is to tie a little rope to their leg and-"

"I tried doin' that. She hates it, cries and refuses ta' sit still. Broke Gren's heart hearing her cry like that..."

"Emily-"

"Grendel is a good man. A decent Fable. Ya' all are so quick ta' judge. Ya' judged him, ya' judged me father...none of ya' had the right or authority ta' do these things. He's a wonderful father and the most caring Fable I've eva' known. He was good ta' me then and he's good ta' me now...."

Mary sits beside Emily. She places the Grendel baby next to his sister, who immediatly crawls all over his body.

"He's always loved you, Ems."

"Did you know....about him and I, Mary?"

"Nah...I didn't even know Junior and I were to be parents and husband and wife one day. I was just told to mark the Porgie's son for eternal freedom. That sounded like quite a sweet deal-mark Georgie Porgie's son and live a free life outside the mirror. When THAT didn't happen right away, I was a tad confused. Then, the feelings of love, desire...wanting to BE around your brother...it grew since the night I marked him. I know this sounds cheesy and a bit perverted but..."

"No more than Jersey being around Katie, me father and mother....Gren....and ta' be honest, ya' guys always loved us."

"We did." Mary pats Emily's leg. "He especially with you."

"Was it THAT obvious ta' you guys?"

Mary nods. "Gren loved you. He loved ALL you kids. But there was something special between you two. Folks thought it was a bond that no one would ever understand. People fear what they can't explain....guess that was one of them, Ems."

"He's a good man, Mary...."

"He is, Ems. And....fuck, can't believe I'm, saying this and will kick your brother's ASS later but....I'm sorry. He's a wonderful father, fantastic lover to you and he.....he didn't deserve what Carla did to him. Fucking can't stand that bitch."

"Yeah, same 'ere, Mary."

Mary leans over to embrace Emily. "We cool now?"

"Keep ya' fookin' mouth shut and ya' got yourself a deal."

Mary cocks her eyebrow. "Now, you KNOW that ain't going to happen THAT easily and-"

Suddenly, Puddles begins to bark wildily at the door. emil snatches the girls, while Mary follows with Liam in her hands. Emily looks over; Vivian seems concerned and unable to move. Her glassy green eyes are glued to the front door. Sunflower walks over to the women, still holding Seraphina in his arms.

"There was a knock, Emily..."

"I got this." Emily swallows back her fears. "I bloody got this..."

Vivian's facial expressions made this task daunting and fear strike Emily to the core. Puddles continued to growl. The girls became hushed, eyes focused on the door. Even they knew something was behind this door. Something no one could ever prepare themselve for. Taking the knob, Emily turns and pulls open the door. Before her, is a large man in a gray trench coat, dark brown pants, boots and white tee shirt. He had the same features as Gren, except his eyes were icy blue and hair was not slicked back.

"Can I help you?"

The man smiles at the girls. "Yes, I'm looking for Grendel. Is he here?"

"No but....can I 'elp ya'? I'm his-"

"Girlfriend? Woman that saved him from eternal damnation?"

"Who ARE you..."

The man smiles. "Why, I'm Grendel's father and I've come to see my son and grandchildren."

Any questions, you know the drill. :3 Emily is doing fantastic. This little girl has such a personality already. Mom is doing great and we are so proud to have this precious child. A Fables fan in the making; kinda watched daddy play TWAU before falling asleep. xD

• Random question: Carla is Lyla's sister, right?

Loving how Emily has been a barista these past few chaps. But I've always figured that Penny or Katie would be a good barista themselves as well, know what I'm sayin'?

Four little babies lay nestled in their cribs. Hovering down the halls were the two specters; Vivian exits Seraphina's room, while Nick floa

• Yes, Carla is Lyla's older sister. :)

Indeed, Emily has complete control of making your coffee; somthing I've been playing with for awhile but I do agree with Katie and Penny, ESPECIALLY Penny. ;) I'd be too afraid to take coffee from a scantily clad Katie with the Jersey Devil not very far....

Random question: Carla is Lyla's sister, right? Loving how Emily has been a barista these past few chaps. But I've always figured that Penny or Katie would be a good barista themselves as well, know what I'm sayin'?

• At first I was like, "Dare has been dead for some time now..." But I had to go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back and remember that Winter named one of her sons after Dare....right? If not, correct me; its been so long but I'm pretty sure that's how that went....

This was indeed a sad chapter; it was heart breaking to hear Harmony please and cries; Tim sadly could only do what any concerned husband would do in this situation. I have a feeling something else happened; being a daredevil CAN get you into trouble but my pie senses are tingling and saying something else happened.....hmmm....Charlotte comes to mind but she only sees into the future....

OH man. Midterms. Hear you on that one. :P Congrats on your passing grades. :) And lucky: you get to have ALL the snow a person can ask for. Sure, we've got the beach but meh....snow sounds like fun right about now. My inner child wishes to make snowmen and have snowball fights. >:) Emily is doing wonderful; makes me happy to know you wish to hear about my precious daughter. :) She's a very easy baby; personality reminds me of her mother, has this nasty habit of pooping AFTER daddy just bathed her....XD....but is the apple to my eye. I've never been more in love with her. Eats like a horse, too. XD

It was another phone call in the middle of the night. Harmony struggled to peal herself from her bed, completely wiped out from caring for f

• Penny is gorgeous. :) Katie reminds me of Lyla and Emily recently has allowed her beauty to shine through. Loving the new Ems.

I hate Carla. >:( enough said.

Yes, Carla is Lyla's older sister. Indeed, Emily has complete control of making your coffee; somthing I've been playing with for awhile

• Mr. Sunflower!! I was wondering if he would have anything to do with the Porgie clan! It's nice to know some of the kids refer to him as grandpa. :) I was going to ask in regards to the prologue. Will you finish that or are you pretty much done? Just wondering.

Mary needs to watch her mouth in regards to Gren. I get where she and the others are coming from; Gren is a tick g time bomb and eating an entire mead hall of warriors isn't exactly easy to forget. But I do agree with sunflower; she has no right to judge because Mary, Bigby, Gren, Georgie......hell, even John is no saint. But they are trying to make a difference in this world. Nice to see they made up in the end. :) Mary needs to watch Vivian, though. She watching over her Emily! Those babies are too damn cute!!!

Oh shit! Grendel's father?!? I remember you mentioned him awhile ago.....is this good or bad......

Emily was on her third load of laundry when there was a tiny knock on the door. Chloe and miss Viviana had a field day with mommy's coffee a

• Yes, Harmony has a brother named after her already dead uncle :( DO keep it in the back of your mind, something is particularly 'fishy' about this....And I know, it was heartbreaking just writing it. :( Tim did what he could, but it's different for him. He's hurting, but not nearly as much as poor Harmony.

I like snow and all, but it's so cold and I hate the cold, so the closest thing right now to a snowball fight for me is watching my siblings through the window XD I used to be more into it when I was little, making a snowman every year and such.

That's great to hear the Emily is doing good! Sounds super awesome :D

At first I was like, "Dare has been dead for some time now..." But I had to go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back and remember that Winter named one of h

• Thank you, this little piece of info has been more than helpful. :)

Yeah, I think Penny would be the most reasonable choice of barista since you've put it that way. :P

Yes, Carla is Lyla's older sister. Indeed, Emily has complete control of making your coffee; somthing I've been playing with for awhile

• edited January 2015

Luckily you made this chapter just in time, 'cause I had a question about Harmony's mom. I already got my answer because of this. (and a Google search) :)

As for Harm, it's like there's always something in the air that brings her contently-happy mood down to a minimum. Time to face the music yet again, I suppose. :(

Hope you get positive results with your midterms as well. And good luck with getting a possible snowday - it's like the winds are about to do you a favor from going to Mundy school, if it happens!

It was another phone call in the middle of the night. Harmony struggled to peal herself from her bed, completely wiped out from caring for f

• Here you go guys and girls, plz enjoy XD

Devils and Demons Chapter 4 - Sins

Lyla walked back behind the bar and poured herself a whiskey. Georgie had put Katie back in her crib and walked back out into the main room towards the bar “Eh love, get me one will ya?”

Lyla poured another whiskey for her husband and they both drank them down at once; Lyla licked her lips afterwards and rubbed her stomach from where Nick had shot her “Do you think the other Harbinger’s will come back?”

Georgie shrugged “I dunno; Nick was always a loyal one though, I’ve never known him to lie before”

Lyla narrowed her gaze at Georgie “How do you know him anyway?”

Georgie sat down on the stool and smoothed his hand down his bandaged arm “Back in the Mundane world; the Crooked Man used him as his source of income, then he started using him as his top enforcer...”

Georgie straightened himself and continued “Nick and Mary were the perfect couple, they would bicker but it was all a mask for how much they wanted each other”

Lyla smiled then “Kinda like us?” Georgie held her hands “Yeah, kinda...”

Lyla crossed her arms then “But has Nick really changed? He almost killed us...”

Georgie simply shrugged again “I dunno love, but if he comes back here I’ll be sure to answer his questions”

That made Lyla giggle a she leaned in to kiss Georgie’s forehead...

O Outside the Pudding and Pie

Nick walked away from the building, what the hell was he thinking? Mary was always an unpredictable one, but she knew better than to threaten children in Nick’s presence. Nick remembered back to the only time when he joined Mary on one of her ‘hobbies’; Mary killed two little girls right in front of Nick and ripped open their chests afterwards, pulling out their lungs and tossing them to 2 Golden Retriever’s, who proceeded to sniff the bloodied organs with some interest.

When she turned around Nick had grabbed her by the throat and almost crushed it in his hand, Mary was utterly confused by Nick’s actions until he explained his moral code to her. Nick didn’t speak to her for weeks after that until she come to apologise to him in person... with salted whiskey on the side of course.

Nick continued walking towards the woods when he came across a small lake just outside of it, he waved his hands in a slow, fluid motion and brought up some of the water like a wall right in front of him. It was so clear it was reflective like a mirror, Nick then spoke “Mary?”

Mary’s reflection appeared in the mirror, she looked remorseful. Nick crooked a finger at her and she stepped out of the makeshift mirror; not even a second after she stepped through did Nick grab her by the shoulders and yell with yellow eyes “What the fuck did you think you were doing?!”

Mary bowed her head and crinkled her face, she was afraid of Nick when he got this angry “I...I”

Nick let her go and stepped backwards to give her some space; Mary looked up again “I made a bad call! I want to find Lyra and I didn’t care how I did it!”

Nick crossed his arms “You were meant to scare them, not threaten a baby!”

Mary turned away from her husband, it was rare for them to argue, but it was even rarer for them to argue this badly.

She turned around again and replied “I’m a monster, Nick! I kill children; it’s what I used to do for centuries! I enjoyed it! You can’t change what I am!”

Nick got even madder with that “Well I’m a monster too and I don’t go around ripping people apart just because I can! I changed because I wanted a quiet normal life, I was bred for combat, if I can change then so can you!”

The two continued staring at each other until Mary finally admitted defeat with a huff “Ok... you’re right, I’m sorry”

Nick walked over to his wife and slowly pulled her into an embrace, resting his chin on her head as she hugged him tightly. Nick spoke in her ear “I’ll find her, sweetheart... I will”

Mary nodded against his chest and pulled away back into the water, she disappeared from view and Nick allowed the water to drop back into the lake.

O A while later

Nick had walked all the way through the woods and come out the other side into a small town, but something wasn’t right...

The place was empty, no people, no cattle, not even the creak of a door. Nick walked into the town square and straight into the tavern, inside were people lying face down in their grub on the tables. The food smelled bad, Nick knew exactly who had done this.

He walked back outside and saw Aleesha standing in the middle of the clearing, Nick spoke “You poisoned them all?”

Aleesha smirked “Yep, it’s one of my blessings dead Brother...”

Aleesha walked towards Nick, he reached for his sword and unsheathed it, pointing the tip towards Aleesha’s throat. She walked until the tip was pressing against her neck ever so slightly and spoke again “You can’t beat me”

Nick pulled a wicked grin as he unsheathed his dagger and held it in a reverse grip “Oh, I think I can little one”

Aleesha smirked before she kicked Nick in the stomach faster than he could react; Nick flew backwards and slid across the ground. He flipped up to his feet and charged Aleesha, bringing his sword downwards she dodged to the side and kicked out his leg, she went to punch his face but Nick stabbed through her knuckles with his dagger and elbowed her face afterwards.

Aleesha pulled the knife from her hand; it was dripping with a foul smelling black blood (like all Harbinger’s had) Nick stabbed his sword through her stomach and Aleesha cried out as she dipped her head. She quickly looked up again and grabbed Nick’s neck before head butting him hard enough to break his nose and throwing him behind her. Nick rolled into a crouching position as Aleesha pulled the sword from her stomach and tossed it away.

She materialized her spiked gloves as Nick stood up and brought his hands into a defensive position. Aleesha charged Nick and sent a flurry of punches his way, Nick dodged or blocked them with some ease until a lucky hit caught Nick in the chest, it was enough to unbalance him a little and Aleesha sent several more punches to his torso and a couple into his face. Nick collapsed backwards as his shirt turned black and his face became covered in his blood.

Aleesha watched as her brother got to his feet and wiped the blood from his face; Nick got his hands up again and gritted his teeth. Aleesha went in with another punch, Nick tilted to the side and caught her arm, bringing it down he punched through her elbow and broke her arm effortlessly. Nick kneed Aleesha several times in the face before he threw her against one of the houses and stomped her face through the stone wall.

He dragged her out but was suddenly knocked backwards as Aleesha morphed into her intermediate form and kicked him away: Her skin turned yellow and her eyes a sparkling green as claws developed on her hands and feet, her mouth stretched from ear to ear and her teeth were pointed and sharp. Nick however had managed to grab the vial from her person before she attacked.

He drank down the liquid, it wasn’t pleasant. Nick convulsed and his body cracked and strained as his arms became charred black and fire erupted from his hands; he had regained his power to create hellfire, a dark orange flame that was as hot as the sun.

Nick threw a fireball at Aleesha and she screamed as it burned her deep, Nick rushed his sister and punched his hand into her chest, ripping out her pure black heart and crushing it in his hand. Aleesha changed back into a human form and collapsed onto Nick as the fire receded back into him.

Nick sat down and cradled his dying sister as she rested her head on his shoulder, Aleesha spoke with a spurt of blood from her mouth “You... win”

Nick rested his head on hers “I didn’t want to do this, Eesh”

Aleesha chuckled “You remembered... my nickname?”

Nick nodded slightly “You know, you were my favourite”

Aleesha managed a weak chuckle “I’ll see you again... brother”

Nick spoke his last words “Goodbye, Aleesha”

Aleesha fell limp and her spirit emerged from her host body; it looked magnificent as the spectral image of the giant horse with its female rider attached behind its neck reared up before Nick.

Famine appeared suddenly in a sickly yellow cloak which covered his entire body, he yelled at Nick with a serpent-like tone “You idiot! It’ll take her years to find a new host!”

Nick grabbed his uncle by the collar “You could’ve called her off”

Famine released himself from Nick’s grasp “It was not my decision to make! Death told us not to interfere with what was happening”

Nick had to control the urge to yell as Famine disappeared with Aleesha’s spirit. As soon as she was gone however, he yelled “Death! Where the fuck are you?!”

Death appeared before Nick hovering in the air, he spoke with some relief “I’m glad you’re still alive”

Nick pointed a finger at his creator “Where is Lyra? You must’ve seen her when you told the others to fight me!”

Death crossed his arms “I sent her into the Black Forest, she will encounter a certain family that will look after her until you arrive”
    Nick was infuriated “Why didn’t you save her?!”

Death yelled back “Because you are the one who wants to redeem yourself in the eyes of the Fables! This little quest to save my granddaughter is the perfect way to show them you have truly changed!”

Nick got even angrier “Don’t you dare call her you’re granddaughter! You don’t care about her, or me! You just want to play you’re games like you always have... Father”

Death looked down a little at Nick’s response, indeed he wasn’t eh best at family relations, but he did try.

Nick sighed then “Who is the family that she will encounter?

O The Black Forest

Lyra had been walking and running for hours in end, she had no idea what she would find in the Forest but her grandfather’s words were enough to convince her to keep going. Eventually she heard people talking and instinctively hid in the brush.

The voices got closer and eventually Lyra could make out who these people were: They were both adults, barely into their 20’s by the appearances alone. The man had short raven hair and a mix of fair and rugged features; the woman had hair as red as a rose and fair skin with a smooth complexion.

Lyra wearily walked out in front of the two and they stopped dead in their tracks at the sight of her. The raven haired man spoke “Hello... who are you?”

Lyra shifted on her feet and stammered her reply; the red haired woman walked up to Lyra and crouched in front of her “Hey, it’s ok, we’re not going to hurt you... what’s your name, sweetie?”

Lyra spoke with some hesitance “Ly-... Lyra...”

The red haired woman nodded and stood back up “Well my name’s Blossom Wolf and this is my brother, Conner” Conner gave Lyra a small wave with a smirk.

Lyra was sure that this was the ‘company’ Death had told her about “I’m looking for my Daddy, but I don’t want to do it alone”

Blossom nodded “Ok, we can help you; we’re actually on our way to our parent’s house, my Dad is great at looking for people, why don’t you come with us and we can get you cleaned up and fed?”

Lyra nodded and started walking beside Blossom as Conner followed behind; Lyra grabbed Blossom’s hand out of habit and the Wolf slowly responded by taking her hand properly, things were definitely going to get interesting now...

So I finally got another chapter up :D This story will probably end up being a long one now as I have even more planned out for it than I did initially (including a paradox universe where we will be meeting GrenxEmily and @Tetra's OC Luke)

Right now I'm just gonna keep drinking my A&W Root Beer and hope that I can write another chapter soon before I have another episode of 'Don't want to write anything for weeks and days'

Also, the inclusion of the Wolf Family... how many of you expected that to happen eh? :)

• What was the question, might I ask? I'm just curious, lol XD

Harmony has a generally enjoyable life, but these kinds of hiccups really weigh down on her. She'll get through it along with her family, it just takes time is all. There will be more about it later, when I feel like writing again.

So far, I've done fairly well actually! Thought I did average on my Algebra exam, and I ended up getting a 97! ^-^ As for the rest of my classes, I still am not too sure, but I think I got good grades. Oh, I also got a 90 on my French, which is sweet! Haha, it must be Winter doing me a favor (pun intended.) XD

Luckily you made this chapter just in time, 'cause I had a question about Harmony's mom. I already got my answer because of this. (and a Goo

• I was wondering what her mother's name was, since I wasn't sure if you mentioned her name from previous chaps regarding Harmony. Also, come to think of it, (the question recently dawned on me) where did Harmony come from again? Was it from a castle in the mountains?

Dang Em, you sure are purty smart. XD Seriously though, fantastic job. You should celebrate if you get decent grades on the rest of your exams. :3

What was the question, might I ask? I'm just curious, lol XD Harmony has a generally enjoyable life, but these kinds of hiccups really we

• I was going to ask in regards to the prologue. Will you finish that or are you pretty much done?

As of right now, the prologue is on hold. I'm more focused on Emily and Gren, considering I have an idea that's been brewing in my head for some time. I will return in the future. If you have any questions, PM them to me or ask in person. Maybe I can answer them....

As far as Sunflower goes, he was a big part in Georgie becoming a productive member to Fabletown. He was the 1st one to REALLY know the darkness of Georgie's past and like promised, kept that to himself and never looked at Georgie differently. I have plans for Sunflower, too. :)

Mary is only looking out for Emily. Was it the right thing to say? No. Did she mean any harm? No, not at all; she knows how much Emily and Gren love one another and are determined to raise their children in a 'normal', happy household. Again, she was only looking out for Emily....but Vivian already has that position and at the moment, is not pleased with Mary.

And yes....Gren's father. Like I mentioned above, have HUGE plans for Gren and Emily. Not bad ones; trying to avoid those and write about something else. We know so little of Grendel and his family.....

Mr. Sunflower!! I was wondering if he would have anything to do with the Porgie clan! It's nice to know some of the kids refer to him as gra

• "Moooooooooooom!" Franklin shouted. It was 6 AM, and he was the only one awake because he had to catch the newest episode of Pokemon at 7. That gave him an hour to make himself some breakfast, do some organizing, and sit in the peace in quiet before his terrible sisters woke up. Well, Eleanor wasn't that terrible. It was just Rachel, who'd forced him into a tutu once. He still held that grudge. Anywho, the phone was ringing, and it wasn't going to simply wake his mother, he knew that. She'd been home for a few days now, but still looked really sick.

But, instead of waking her with his shout, Carter came stumbling from their bedroom door.

"What's got you up at the crack of dawn," He asked, stretching his arms out and yawning. He usually slept in a t-shirt and boxers, specifically on this morning, boxers that had a repeat pattern of the Avengers all over it.

Franklin looked at him with his tiny arms crossed. "I do this every morning on the weekend."

"You do?"

"Pokemon."

"Oh..? Anyway, why are you yelling for mom? She's sleeping."

"Because the phone is ringing." Which, as if on que, the ring echoed into the hall from the kitchen.

"Ugh, I'll get it," Carter groaned. "I hate talking on the phone."

"So get Mom."

"No."

"Fine." Franklin followed his adoptive brother down the hall and into the kitchen, and watched as he pulled it off it's stand. He pressed the phone to his head and murmured a 'hello'.

Franklin would have left Carter's presence at that moment, if his sensitive hearing didn't pick up on the words that transferred out of the receiver.

"Dead...? Aunt Harmony's brother? But...." His older brother, and role model, uttered. "...Yeah, I'll get my mom, Uncle Tim."

He placed the phone on the counter, since it was one that was attached by a curled cord. Franklin stared at it as Carter ran past, his little heart beating rapidly. Death. Dying.

He hated the very sound of those words in his ears. He peaked his head out into the hall, and watched as Carter knocked on their parent's door loudly.

"Mom!" He shouted. "Wake up!"

There was muffled shuffling on the other side of the door, and soon enough, it slipped over. Mary was tying a robe around her, and Hans was busy pulling his underwear up all the way in the background. It highly disturbed both boys that their father insisted on sleeping naked. That just meant that extra caution had to be taken when entering the room. Franklin was frozen in his spot as he watched what was happening around him.

Mary took the phone, slightly exasperated and shooting looks in Carter's direction. "This better be good, Cratchit."

More murmuring over the phone. Franklin forced himself not to hear any of the words, to just look at Mary, who was now wide eyed with shock.

"No, no fuckin' way. There's no. Fucking. Way. You're kidding me? Where's Harm?" A pause. "I'm coming over.....Ehg, do you mind if I bring my kids? Carter and Hans have to go to work in a couple hours..... Okay. God...tell her I'll be there as soon as I can."

And the phone hung up. Mary, despite Swineheart's warnings to take it easy, was rushing past her family to get to her room, and the sound of the door slamming was heard. The door to the girls' room swung open.

"What's happening?" Rachel's voice squeaked as she walked down the narrow corridor.

"Nothing," Hans said softly. "There's something going on at Aunt Harm's house. You guys are going over, wake your sister and get dressed."

Which was also Franklin's que to get ready. He pushed past Carter and Hans and walked into his room, pulling his draws open to find his best cloths. He had to be presentable, after all. Plus, he was seeing Ashlyn. His girlfriend. Well, not really his girlfriend. But he wished she was. There were way too many times she'd told him that it wasn't quite an appropriate relationship. He didn't understand dating at all. Or girls. They were mostly gross. Except Ash, because she was a girl but she was also cool. Yeah.

Franklin shook the thoughts from his head. This was serious. Technically, no one knew that he knew. But he knew. Carter kept whispering stuff to Hans after the younger kids couldn't hear them. But Franklin could hear them. He pulled some comics that he hadn't read yet, a few issues of the Walking Dead, and an issue of Batman. Tucking them under his arm, he waited at the front door for the rest of his family to finish getting ready.

As soon as Mary entered her bedroom and slammed the door, she made a b-line for the bathroom that was attached to her room. She bent over the toilet, vomiting harshly and causing all the aches in her body to pulse. It all hurt so much, she wondered if the pain would ever go away. Was this what it was like to feel like her father? She surely hope not, at least for her. She could care less what he felt on a day to day basis. She hoped he suffered. She wiped her lips and stood slowly. Her hands were shaking, partly from straining herself, and partly from the shock she was experiencing. Not that she'd known Harmony's brothers well. They never came around often. But for Harmony's sake. She had to be there for her best friend. Her only true friend, not counting her immediate family.

Hans didn't know she was pregnant yet. She was afraid he would worry to much, with the condition she was already in. But what choice did she have? Soon, she would be showing, and he would obviously know by then...

She shook her head. Her hands clasped over the approved medication from Swineheart, and she took her tablets as fast as she could. She then raced to her dresser and pulled out a pair of jeans, an old band t-shirt, and socks. Normally, she would have taken an hour to decide on what look she was going for. Today was not one of those days.

She bolted out of her room, grabbed her keys off of the hook on the wall, and ushered her half asleep girls to the front door, where Franklin was already patiently waiting.

"I'll be back later," She called to Hans. "I love you!"

And she was off. She herded the children to the elevator, pressing the bottom floor button with enough force to break it. Rachel had her unicorn, Eleanor clung to a toy car, and Franklin already had his head in one of his books. They felt the elevator go down at a snails pace, and Mary found herself balancing on the balls of her feet. As soon as it dinged for them to get off, she practically dragged her kids out, walking through the practically abandoned from entrance to the apartment building. She was only a few blocks from Fabletown, and Hans needed the car so she would have to walk. Currently, it was snowing. She looked at her children and realized how underdressed they were for the weather.

"Fuck me..." She whispered to herself. She pulled her girls in tight, though Franklin didn't seemed bothered by the flakes. If anything, he was angry that his books were getting wet.

"Mommy can we go back and get our coats? It's nose-nip cold out..." Eleanor said. Mary stopped in the middle of her side walk. She breathed in and out for a second. She pulled out her cellphone. She called Hans.

"Bring some jackets out to me, ASAP."

"...Oh. Right. I'll be there in a minute..."

Mary stood under and awning with her shivering children. Not many were on the streets to judge her poor parenting mistakes. She waited. And waited. And fucking waited. Hans was being to slow. She needed to get out of the cold.

Mirrors. She.....She hadn't thought to test them out. Since Charles was dead.... Could they be safe for her now? She wondered this countless nights. She could see in them, she could see the monsters, and yet she did not know if they were hostile to her still. Ava did say that they refrained from attacking her.

"This way," She pulled her kids. She walked them back toward her apartment, and instead of going all the way upstairs, she approached the dirty mirror in the foyer, above an endtable.

"Mommy is going in first," She told her girls. "Then I'll grab you, one by one."

Rachel and Eleanor nodded curtly. Franklin stood with his arms crossed. "And what about me?"

Oh crap. That was right. He wouldn't be able to pass....unless.... could she lift those restrictions for him? She never tried before.

"We'll see what we can do," She told him. After her body passed through the surface of the mirror, she reach out and pulled Eleanor in. She was considerably lighter than Rachel. She pulled Rachel in next, which she had to strain with because the girl was half frightened at the prospect of going in the mirror. Lastly, Franklin walked over.

"Are you sure?" He asked. His eyes were always so bright and sincere. Mary bit her lip.

"Grab my hand," She said, as it passed back through. She felt his little cold fingers wrap around her hand, and slowly, she tugged him forward. He climbed on the table, and reached in, and-

He was through. A sigh of relief passed through her, and she lead her kids to the mirror that would take them to Harmony's house. It would only be a minute.

She noticed the lack of scariness that normally came with being in the mirrors. The lack of darkness. It was like....a void. There wasn't light, but there weren't shadows, either. It was grey space. And mirrors were everywhere. She used to be limited to few worlds, to few mirrors. But now, she saw them all. All of them.

She pushed her children through Harmony's mirror first, and then followed through. It was the one hanging on the wall in her downstairs hallway, in between the doorway to the dining room and the doorway to the downstairs bathroom.

She heard muffled crying in one of the rooms. She parted from her kids, telling them to be quiet and behave, as she found the source of the sobs. The living room. The whole family was crowded on her sofa, all of her teenage kids. Scarlett was brought here, with her newborn daughter and Mary's brother, Jackson. She nodded in their direction, but her attention was solely directed at Harmony, in the center of the couch, with tear stains covering her cheeks. She had Tim's arm around her shoulder, and Snow White's hand was draped over her knee. They were all crying, really.

The pain reaching a maximum, Mary slowly fell to her knees. She was on the carpet, and most people were paying their attention to each other, but Harmony looked up in that moment, and Mary could see all the pain in her face. It broke her heart. Harmony slid from her husband's grip, got down on her knees like Mary, and they hugged, like the best friends they were. Like sisters, really. Mary promised she wouldn't cry, but she felt so bad. She let only a few tears loose before letting go of Harmony.

"Are you alright?" She asked, cupping her hands around Harmony's cheeks. Harmony just shook her head as another bout of tears trailed down her face. Mary held Harmony against her and patted her back soothingly. "If there's anything I can do, I'll do it, okay? You need babysitting, I'm the man to call. Or....woman."

She let go of Harmony and stood up weakly. Food. Everyone was probably hungry....well, maybe they weren't, but they needed food in them. Mary would cook them all breakfast. She walked across the room and entered through the kitchen door.

"Chef Mary to the rescue," She spoke softly to herself. Her two daughters followed her. "And my little helpers."

The girls smiled, but they knew this was a sad sort of occasion. Mary got the ingredients she needed out, and began to cook.

Another chapter, down. More tomorrow! If I'm not out shoveling my way out, that is.

• edited January 2015

Yeah, the castle is the North Wind Kingdom.

Alt text

Badass picture of Ms. Winter Wolf ^^

I couldn't find a picture of the kingdom, but it's a huge icy castle with...ice. And little ice nymphs who're adorable, too XD

Thanks :D I still have three more to go, one on Wednesday and 2 on Thursday. Hopefully I do good, it's English, Physics, and History :L

I was wondering what her mother's name was, since I wasn't sure if you mentioned her name from previous chaps regarding Harmony. Also, come

• Freakin' bad ass Winter Wolf! :) Love her.

Yeah, the castle is the North Wind Kingdom. Badass picture of Ms. Winter Wolf ^^ I couldn't find a picture of the kingdom, but it'

• I love her too XD

Freakin' bad ass Winter Wolf! Love her.

• It had been months since Gren stepped foot onto the Woodlands. Or, anywhere near them, for that fact. He preffered to stay away and after the inccident with Carla, a lot of people loved to stare and point at the Fable. Why? Something Gren was still trying to process and understand himself.

The air was cool as he left the cab. Closing the door behind him, Gren bundles the jacket closer and rubs his hands together. Peter hands the driver a twenty and assures the man to keep the change. Not arguing with the large man, the driver nods and drives away. Ethan takes out his colonge bottle and sprays a heavy amount along his torso and back.

"YUCK! His cab smelled like Garlic and Fish..."

Peter takes out a cigarette and lights the front. The intense smell of both his brother and that horrible cab ride was messing with his sense of smell. They burned and flared deep within his nasal passages and stung as he took in several breathes. Peter hands one to Gren; he could sense the tension building in his shoulders, arms and face. Last thing Peter needed was a Grendel out in the open, all because he couldn't control his ability to remain calm.

Peter exhales. "Well, you showering in that shit ain't going to help the situation anymore than-"

"Did you NOT just leave the SAME cab as I did, Peter Porgie? Or, did you suddenly grow wings and fly your happy little Wolf ass over here?"

Peter chuckles. Drama queen, his brother was at times. "No...I was there."

"Alright then." Ethan adjusts his coat. "I swear. Sometimes, Peter..."

"For what is was worth-" Gren inhales the smoke through his mouth. "I liked it..."

Ethan begins to walk ahead of the others. He had only recieved an hour of rest, sat in a cab with a terrible aroma and now was surrounded by buffons who had no respect for his lung capacity.

"Well, good for you, Gren. Peter. I'll meet you inside."

"Hold on, hold on." Peter uses the tip of his shoe to put out the cigarette. "We'll be there in a bit."

Gren chuckled. It had been a long time since he'd been alone with the twins. After the seperation from Carla, Gren had a few weeks of quit solitude in his apartment. No one came and he never left; the darkness was his friend, the alcohol his medication and the long, endless days of crying put him to sleep. Peter as a child used to fear Gren and Ethan just loved wearing the gold chains around Gren's neck.

"Look Gren-I'm a pretty princess like Ariel and Belle!"

Oh how Georgie used to shriek and get mad at Gren for allowing his son to speak that way. But Georgie caught on as to why no one ever corrected the boy or felt the need to say anything. From time to time, Ethan still asks to wear the gold chains for old time's sake.

Gren follows Peter into the lounge. On the corner, an empty desk with a sigh-in book and computer. To the right, the many mailboxes for those living in the Woodlands. Peter stands by the desk and pats it.

"This is where you'll be at for eight hours; Tuesdays and Thursdays will be your days off. IF over-time is required, we'll let you know ahead of time. Your job is to monitor the cameras, make guests sign into that book and if you notice anything unusual take place, get on it. And fast."

Ethan hands Gren a stack of papers. "We trust you'll be on it, Gren, considering you are a Grendel and we know the type of beasts you can be. Not to mention your ability to take down anything in your path."

Gren shuffles through the papers. "Am I wearing a uniform or-"

"Peter will take your measurments and provide you with the proper attire. You get two fifteen minute breaks and a thirty minute lunch. NO more than that. If you DO use the restroom, contact our office. Michelle is always there, so if we are out, she'll take a message."

"For the bathroom? But fucking Grimble got-"

"Grimble was here for YEARS, Gren. He earned the rights to take how ever many breaks he wanted. Even in his sleep he could pick anything up."

Gren sighed. He could easily walk out those double doors, hold the finger way up high and go home. He could do that. But Gren was in a tight situation and desperatly needed the money. Being selfish was no longer an option; he had a girlfriend at home working at a coffee shop and four newborns that depended on their father. Not to mention the house. As beautiful as it was, Gren was begining to miss his old apartment. At least he KNEW how much to pay in regards to that old dump.

"Yes, Ethan. I understand..."

Peter exhales. "Look, Gren-we know this isn't your ideal job but....well, our sister told me the money situation and if you two need help..."

Peter digs into his pocket and pulls out a large wad of cash. Gren could see several twenties, hundreds and fives rolled together. Gren squints his eyes and slaps the cash right from Peter's hands. Several bills become loose and fly in various directions. Ethan covers his mouth and gasps.

"I don't TAKE charity, Sheriff. I never did it for your fucking dad and I'm NOT doing it for you..."

Peter folds his arms. "So, is this JOB charity too, Grendel? Cause I can take it back and-"

Gren wanted to throw the papers in Peter's face. He desperatly wanted to wipe that smug, Wolf grin right from under his nose. Gren could feel his teeth grinding against one another, the urge to leap forward, sink his teeth into Peter's neck and yank. How DARE he speak to him in such a cocky, uptight manner. Who the fuck did he think he was? That was his mother right there and sadly, his precious Emily had a tongue on her as well. But the image of his children and Emily forced the temtaption back within himself. Gren hung his head low and sighed.

"You're not making this easy, boys." Gren picks up the money. "I'm trying to be fucking cool, calm and collected but-"

Peter takes the cash. Without another word, sticks the money into Gren's jacket pocket. He pats the fold of fabric.

"Do you recall that conversation we had when Ethan and I found out you were sleeping with Emily and expecting children with her?"

Did he ever. Gren could vividly see the two, enormous built men walking up the stairs and towards his apartment. The clamping of their shoes against the old, wooden floor made the situation even more heart pounding. Ethan barely said a few sentences; Peter, however, was the sole speaker to this presentation. Flinging Gren into the couch, the massive man leans forward; Peter's nose was pressed against Gren's face. His heavy breathing caused Gren to shake and tremble, like a single leaf against the wind's force.

Gren knew he could change and take down the Wolf man. Certainly Peter was just as strong and powerful as the previous Wolves he dealt with back in the Homelands. He could easily tear Peter's neck clean off the shoulders and toss it around; Ethan, despite his willing to change into a Wolf, was not very powerful. As much as Gren loved Ethan, he reminded him of the dogs chained up; they madly bark at the unknown individuals walking along, minding their own business. When they are confronted, however, they whimper, cower and seek sanctuary in the shadows. That was Ethan.

Gren nods. "Yes, Peter. You both fucking made it clear that if anything happened to Emily-"

"And we MEANT that, Gren. You are with our sister. We love Emily. We've always been VERY close to Emily growing up."

"I know that, Peter. TRUST me. I'd never hurt her. I love Emily. Our children..."

Peter smiles. "Than take the damn, fucking money, Gren. Please. AND this job..."

Gren accepts both offers. Ethan beams with joy. Emily would be pleased to hear the good news. This would also give Gren a sense of purpose among the walls of Fabletown. Also, an excuse for the boys to REALLY get to know Gren.

"Excellent, Gren. Sign ALL those papers and bring them back on Monday. We'll start you at $11.50 and hour and after a year's probabtion, we'll increase your pay to $14.75 and hour. Sound good?"

"Yes." Gren wanted to fall on his knees and cry. "It does, boys. Thank you..."

"We are family, Gren. Now and forever. That's one thing our father, even YOU made very clear when we were kids: look out for your loved ones and family. That's what we're doing."

"Thank you....again boys...."

Ethan looks at the clock. "You wanna grab some food before you have to go home?"

"Nah, I better get back. I wanna tell Emily the good news. Maybe she can leave that job and be home with the kids...."

Gren thanks the boys one last time before hailing a cab down. The vehicle stops and the man with the largest grin in Fabletown enters it and soon, heading down the busy road. Gren couldn't wait to tell his beloved Emily the news; she'd be pleased and for once, not have to worry about money. But there was a slight feeling of uneasiness in his gut. Gren didn't know what it was at that moment.

Little did he know the past would be waiting at home for him.

Any questions, you know the drill. :3 Had time for one more; fiancee is sleeping, Emily is fed and daddy has some quiet time. :)

• I'm amazed how you can juggle a job, college, a baby, a fiancée and this!

You must be some kind of superman Pie! XD

It had been months since Gren stepped foot onto the Woodlands. Or, anywhere near them, for that fact. He preffered to stay away and after th

• My uncle was like that; my father took off when I was 5, so I looked up to him. I've also learned to live off of four, even less hours of sleep. :) Been doing it since I was.....21? xD

Thank you, though. Makes me smile to hear that.

I'm amazed how you can juggle a job, college, a baby, a fiancée and this! You must be some kind of superman Pie! XD

• HazzatheMan said it better than I ever could and I see you on a daily basis. :) You are an wonderful father, soon-to-be-husband to a wonderful woman and now have a beautiful baby girl. I adore my Emily. You do not have to worry about your 'father'; the man was chicken shit and you're so much better than that, Chad. I love ya' man. You do so much and ask so little in return. Not a lot of people like you exist in this world. You turly are everything I hope to be one day. Love ya', man. :)

Anyways, enough on that....I loved that you are going to dig way down deep into Grendel's past. We know him from Beowulf and nothing more; if you are interested, we can collaborate again and work on some ideas, considering his brother is my character. That is entirely up to you, however and look forward to whatever you decide. Will you be covering his other brothers, too and his parents? HOW he got his arm back? OH so many! Can't wait!!

I love Ethan; he is one of those underrated characters and I hope you give him SOME BG; all I know is he went to PAris for awhile, returned and now works for Peter. He's gay, dating Henry(?) and is fabulous. We have yet to cover HIS role in Fabletown, unless this is it...that fish bit, the chains. I pictured it all!

Also, Peter and Ethan looking out for their sister was bitter sweet; it was as if they kind of had a feeling she would be in danger one day and Peter was there to protect her. He was always looking out for his siblings, even the ones that shunned him from the pack. (Glad Penny and Katie accept him) :)

Gren and Emily have indeed become my favorite pairing you made. At first, I was like 'I don't know, Pie. You're taking a risk making those two a couple. I mean, GREN and Emily Porgie?' Hell, I still remember that image with her sitting down and holding a huge ass gun! I love them to tiny bits!

And with Gren now working for the woodlands, this should be interesting to say the least. :) Hopefully his reaction to his father won't be too bad but...its Gren were are talking about here....love it!!

It had been months since Gren stepped foot onto the Woodlands. Or, anywhere near them, for that fact. He preffered to stay away and after th

• Awesome as always on the stories Pie :D can't wait to read what Grens past is like. And like wolf and Hazza said you're one pretty amazing guy! You're definitely a guy I'd look up to, especially when growing up!

• Damn dude, I hate to say it but I can imagine coming from a broken home (If you don't mind me using that term)

My Dad is difficult to live with, especially cuz he has little patience for anything and my Mother can't stand him most of the time, but they were determined to not let me come from a broken home so they stayed together...

They have good moments and bad moments, but I'm convinced that as soon as I leave home I'm gonna get a message from one of them saying they've gotten a divorce...

Listening to what JJ said, I would definitely like to meet you at some point, you sound like an awesome guy XD

But alas I live in merry old England and you live in sunny California :P

My uncle was like that; my father took off when I was 5, so I looked up to him. I've also learned to live off of four, even less hours of sleep. Been doing it since I was.....21? xD Thank you, though. Makes me smile to hear that.

• This has been a very fun story! XD The explanation of them 'riding the Robert train' makes for a good image! Quick question - when Rose was shouting 'Jerry', did she mean Georige? I'm guessing she did, but was far too drunk. :P The picture of Draco turning into a dragon while on a phone explaining to his wife is actually quite entertaining, as is Mr. Weasel kissing the, umm, coat stand. Unfortunately believable. xD If you do decide to add all our characters again in the future, it'll no doubt be as enjoyable!

Jan Challenge -The End- Jan 4th, I really don't care o'clock. The more Rose spoke, the memories and the previous night became and a

• Luke! But, he's, sort of the antagonist now? Or is he? Depends which side of the fence you stand on - either way, that grey morality is interesting! I'm glad Dewitt isn't with his brothers though - he seems like a nice guy caught in a bad situation! Two years is a while but it'll probably go quickly, so Makoto best wake up soon!

Tetra posted: »

Healing The shot from Makotos handgun rang out as Snow and Clara were walking to find Makoto and Celeste. Snow followed the sound of the

• That water mirror is particulary useful! Nick must have looked past the child-killing Mary when he married her, but he clearly expects more of her now. Anyway, that fight was highly detailed and painted a vivid picture; at least Aleesha put up a fight (even if she did decide to kill everyone in the village. Kind of O.T.T. Of her, but that's her way).

Here you go guys and girls, plz enjoy XD Devils and Demons Chapter 4 - Sins Lyla walked back behind the bar and poured herself a whisk

• Luke is back! :) although yes I guess he could be considered antagonist or other depending on which side you are on. Thanks Lupine! :D Yes Dewitt is the nicer one out of his siblings. He better indeed if he wishes to save the Mundys! :D

LupineNoir posted: »

Luke! But, he's, sort of the antagonist now? Or is he? Depends which side of the fence you stand on - either way, that grey morality is inte

• Harbinger's are bred for war, killing is meant to be their past-time :P

I kinda ended the fight prematurely, but by the time I was finishing this Chapter I was getting bored again so I rushed the conclusion a little...

LupineNoir posted: »

That water mirror is particulary useful! Nick must have looked past the child-killing Mary when he married her, but he clearly expects more

• edited January 2015

Chapter 7, Part 2: Awakening

"So you're telling me that shadows possessed this 'Fayde', the one you and Tez met this morning at the Trip Trap? Who also just happened to be the girl you two were chasing after?"

"Yes. Quite a small Mundy world we live in, ain't it? Erm, no offense, Nance."

"None taken."

"Anyway, does Holly know about this? You've mentioned earlier that Fayde was apparently her best friend."

"Nah," Rose looked at the passing trees. "I have no idea where she went after me and Tez left the bar. I doubt she had anything to do with Fayde being in that club either."

"Besides," Rose peered from her front seat toward Harm. "Everything alright back there?"

Harmony was caught by surprise by Rose's sudden question. "Oh, um, yeah. Totally fine. Except for the fact she may be waking up soon, and that Tez looks- well, you can obviously see for yourself."

Rose Red worriedly diverts her gaze toward the dragon, her eyes widening in response. "How much further, Nance?"

"Only 5 minutes from our place, don't worry." Nancy looked at her rearview mirror and sighed. "Hopefully John has Lyla and Carla in their rooms right now."

"I hope so too - I'd hate for them to see my dragon suffering like this."

Screeeeeech! Put put put put.

"Here we are," Nancy puts the vehicle into park. "The Smith Settlement."

Rose grinned. "You don't have to tell us, y'know. We've been here before."

"Oh, I know."

The 2 women in front get out. Quickly, Rose opened the side door for only the wounded dragon and her niece, while currently leaving the door on Fayde's side closed.

"Leave her seatbelt alone, Harm. We're focusing on Tez first."

"Alright."

After some proper positioning, Harmony grabbed him by the arms, as Rose Red grabbed him by the legs like before. Nancy stood near them this time to ensure that they wouldn't drop him on the way to the entrance.

Harmony huffs. "My, ugh, he's gotten a little heavy since the club, hasn't he?"

"Umph, the dead weight must be settling in a little. I just hope we aren't too late." Rose Red responds.

A tall man in a business suit opens the door. "Nancy, you're finally here! My God, is that really him?"

His wife nodded slowly. "Before our very eyes."

"Here," Nancy pitches in. "I can help Rose from here, Harmony."

"If you insist." Harm lets Nancy take her place. "Guess I'll keep on eye on the Fayde girl, then?"

Rose looks at Harmony with worried eyes. "Would you please? I'll be back as soon as Tez gets his treatment, and do be careful Harm, I wouldn't want you to be hurt as well."

Harmony smiles. "I'll be fine, Double R. I doubt she would inflict pain upon me - especially considering I'm one of the North Wind children."

Rose Red nods before the entrance door shut, with John and the 3 out of sight.

"Well, time for you to play the waiting game, Miss Kickbutt Wolf. Wonder what's on the radio..."

"Alright, ladies, I'll take it from here." The two women gently let go of him while the huge wolf easily scooped up the dragon in his arms.

"Where's Swineheart, honey?"

John started to walk. "Upstairs doing his final checkup with Lyla in her bedroom, sunshine."

"And Carla?"

"Out in the back playing. In the meantime, how about you and Rose rest a little while I put Tezoth in one of the guest rooms?"

Nancy beamed up to her husband's idea. "That's a great idea, John. How about it, Rose? Care to join me for a cup of tea?"

"I don't know, I'd rather be with Tez..."

"Not a problem. Go along with John then, I won't force you to have tea with me."

John shrugged and simply agreed to the change of plans.

"Thanks, Nance." She hurriedly went up the stairs with the wolf, both eager to see the doctor.

Until that moment, Rose started to notice how the hallway began to look even more inviting than before.

"I can sense that you like what we've done upstairs." John said. "Nancy and Carla picked out the décor themselves, while Lyla provided us with the hand paintings she made after the last time you were here."

"And you had them framed? Nice. I gotta admit, the green's a nice touch - but it could use a little more... Red. Know what I'm sayin'?"

John smiles. "I get exactly what you're saying, maybe next time I'll consult the misses regarding that. Or you can. By the by, here are our guest rooms."

Rose opens the closest door for John, as he strolls in to put Tezoth onto the soft bed. "I'll be back with the good doctor."

She takes a seat in the corner. "Okay."

Meanwhile...

"Alright, Rose," Swineheart closes the door. "Let's see what we have here." Swineheart rolls his doctor stool into the room to sit near the bed.

He pulls out a stethoscope from his bag, and places it to Tez's chest. "Hmm, heart palpitations are present, not specifically a good sign but can be treatable for the most part. Doesn't sound too bad either."

Rose pulls up her chair next to Swineheart. "What about him coughing up blood from before, doc? Is that serious in any way?"

"Has he been coughing up blood constantly in your ride over here?"

"Thankfully, no."

"Then it isn't life-threatening. However, do tell me if his condition worsens over time. Here is my house number. And, if I may ask, what was exactly the cause of his current injury?"

"A ghost went through him, as far as I could tell."

"Hmm, that might explain the irregular breathing you've mentioned over the phone earlier. But, as you can see, his breathing is fine now. Still, I'd recommend that he takes long walks outside at least once a day for the next couple of weeks - just so that he can get his lungs filled with the necessary air he needs. He'll require lots of rest too, don't forget that.

Rose stands up. "That's it? There isn't anything majorly wrong with him?"

"None at all. You can breathe easy knowing it wasn't serious. On the other hand, has he been having visions as of late?"

"No, I don't recall him going through those lately. Probably been the longest since he's last had 'em."

Swineheart puts his stethoscope away in his bag. "Good, good. Keep me informed on his mental state. Now, if that'll be all... it looks like I'm done here." Picking both up his stool and bag, he went straight for the door.

Rose scooted across the wood floor to open the door for him. "Thanks again for helping Tez, Swineheart."

The doctor nodded while John said his goodbyes to him in the hallway. The wolf stood in the doorway facing Rose. "Well? Any good news?"

Rose sighed happily. "Yes, actually. Turns out he wasn't looking as bad as we thought he did. All he needs to do is to get tons of rest and for him to get plenty of fresh air while walking - according to Swine."

John smiled again. "Fantastic, I know my little girls would be devastated if something were to happen to their babysitter. I had no doubt he would've pulled through, though. He's a strong one."

"Yeah, I know he is. But, let's just keep it on the down-low, alright? I think he's starting to properly sleep now." Rose slowly closed the door.

John whispered. "Noted. Speaking of which - where's Harmony? She's still outside, isn't she?"

Rose facepalmed herself. "Oh crap, that's right. I've got her looking after the other girl. Be right back!"

...I love Rock 'n Roll!

So put another dime in the jukebox, baby!

I love Rock 'n Roll!

So come and take your time and dance with me!

Woaoh!

Harmony sits back in the driver seat, with her shoes against the dashboard, playing the most sickest air guitar you'll ever see.

"Ah man, I love this song so much!"

The music from the radio lowered a bit, as a familiar voice rang from the backseat. "Me too."

Harmony gasped, sitting as still as she could without trying to move. She then looked at the rearview mirror, still somewhat frozen in surprise.

With the radio still playing faintly in the background, her silver eyes came in contact with Harm's. "Hey there, fancy seeing you again. Do you mind telling me where I am? Because... I would hate it if you didn't."

She screams.

END, of Chapter 7 part 2.

Alright, part 2 of chapter 7 is done. Now to work on chapter 8! If you guys have questions, let me know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4cFIzr85cU

In case if any of you were wondering, this was the song I've made Harmony sing along to on the radio while Rose and the others were inside. ;)

• "Only 5 minutes from our place, don't worry." Nancy looked at her rearview mirror and sighed. "Hopefully John has Lyla and Carla in their rooms right now."

Awwww Lyla and Carla are little munchkins still <3 So cute :D

Harmony smiles. "I'll be fine, Double R. I doubt she would inflict pain upon me - especially considering I'm one of the North Wind children."

Hehehe XD

Nancy is so damn polite! I love her so much, lol. And Harmony is just like "I'll do whatever you need me to do!"

"And you had them framed? Nice. I gotta admit, the green's a nice touch - but it could use a little more... Red. Know what I'm sayin'?"

That was great XD

Rose facepalmed herself. "Oh crap, that's right. I've got her looking after the other girl. Be right back!"

Double R to the rescue! Lol, at least Tez is good and dandy :) You actually had me a bit worried. Though, I can't help feeling that there's more to it all than it seems...

With the radio still playing faintly in the background, her silver eyes came in contact with Harm's. "Hey there, fancy seeing you again. Do you mind telling me where I am? Because... I would hate it if you didn't."

I would scream too, lmao XD Her air guitar was pretty sick, I agree XD Great chapter man! Can't wait to see more!

Chapter 7, Part 2: Awakening "So you're telling me that shadows possessed this 'Fayde', the one you and Tez met this morning at the Trip

• Nick has my interest now, evil but yeah lol.

Here you go guys and girls, plz enjoy XD Devils and Demons Chapter 4 - Sins Lyla walked back behind the bar and poured herself a whisk

Sign in to comment in this discussion.