Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Nick is trying to reform though :P

MasterStone posted: »

Nick has my interest now, evil but yeah lol.

• edited January 2015

I'm sure Tez can handle anything thrown at him. You can't keep a good dragon down!

Chapter 7, Part 2: Awakening "So you're telling me that shadows possessed this 'Fayde', the one you and Tez met this morning at the Trip

• John in his business suit was awesome. I love Nancy to death; she's one of my OC's that, despite being human, can REALLY kick ass and be ready for anything. Loyal to the bitter end that woman. :)

Rose is fantastic on a mission, too! Like, don't get in her freakin' way. Glad to hear Tez is doing wonders now; I had a small moment of 'Is he going to pull through....' but I knew you'd never have anything too bad happen. :) Awwww and my girls are little! How adorable; little Lyla and Carla (although she's on my shit list at the moment) xD And Tez is their babysitter! Neat! :D

Harmony is too damn precious, too; always read to lend a helping hand and her performance in the backseat was enjoyables, although I'm not sure if that scream was.....hmmm...great like always, dude! Can't wait for the next! These are getting good!!

Chapter 7, Part 2: Awakening "So you're telling me that shadows possessed this 'Fayde', the one you and Tez met this morning at the Trip

• Puddin N pie in a cape and a round hat. Super Porgie lol

pudding_pie posted: »

It had been months since Gren stepped foot onto the Woodlands. Or, anywhere near them, for that fact. He preffered to stay away and after th

• Yeah. Broken home is a good way of putting it. My family is just full of problems; I try to avoid it all, especially now with a daughter of my own. :)

Some couples do that. Stay together for the sake of the children. I had a friend who's parents did that, too. Honestly, if that was ME, a divorce would be a better option but then again, some don't believe in it...

At least we have this wonderful thread. :) Cali is not so sunny right now. :P

HazzatheMan posted: »

Damn dude, I hate to say it but I can imagine coming from a broken home (If you don't mind me using that term) My Dad is difficult to liv

• Ah well...

Yep we do have this wonderful thread don't we XD

Yeah. Broken home is a good way of putting it. My family is just full of problems; I try to avoid it all, especially now with a daughter of

• Killing or crochet, everyone needs a past-time. :P

I suppose it wraps up a bit quickly, but after the fight any more story might have not been as memorable in comparison.

Harbinger's are bred for war, killing is meant to be their past-time :P I kinda ended the fight prematurely, but by the time I was finishing this Chapter I was getting bored again so I rushed the conclusion a little...

• I suppose so...

LupineNoir posted: »

Killing or crochet, everyone needs a past-time. :P I suppose it wraps up a bit quickly, but after the fight any more story might have not been as memorable in comparison.

• There's something about John's presence that makes you think things will be alright, and considering he can lift a dragon/man he's got the muscles to back that feeling up.

I love Rose's constant preference of red. XD About Tez, what exactly was Swineheart referring to when he mentioned him having visions of late? Have I missed something?

Funny how Harmony has excellent taste in music as well as Tez and Rose. :D

• Well, if you're getting bored with a chapter towards the end, you could stop writing and leave it for a few days before going back to it?

I suppose so...

• I think it was a case of rushing the fight scene so I could onto what Lyra was doing...

Well, if you're getting bored with a chapter towards the end, you could stop writing and leave it for a few days before going back to it?

• Chapter 3, Streets of Fire, Part 1..

The carnage begins to thicken after the Anti-Fable movement went into full effect. Tension between Mundies and Fables begin to escalate even further when one of the Mundies are killed by a tiger in the middle of the street. Next riots broke and then building lite aflame. Suffering, chaos, turmoil,strife. These words echoed through Robby's head as he and his group patrol the streets of the city trying to calm it before things get any worse.

“Walter, is this really happening..?”

“Robby, I never seen anything like this in my entirely life. I don't even think dad seen anything like this in his life time.”

As the two pass a alley, they noticed a group of Mundies beating on a Fable, a teenage wolf. They rushes over to the young wolf's aid commanding the Mundies to halt their beating and walk away. However one the Mundies curses out Robby then picks up a broken bottle and prepares to stab the Fable with it.

Robby respond with an arrow to the Mundies right arm, causing him to dropped the glass bottle.

“What the fuck? You shot me with a arrow!”

“You was going to harm the innocent and I responded. If you don't want to catch another, then I advise you and your posse to leave at once.” Robby aiming his bow.

The group of Mundies helped up their injured and left the scene immediately. “Fucking Fables,!” These words heard as they disappear from sight. Robby goes over to help the Fable up who appears to have a broken arm.

“Are you hurt?” Robby asked.

“I'm fine.. and I could of handled them myself.” The Fable struggling to get up.

“Apparently you're not. Your arm is broken.”

“I said.. I'M FINE.... ouch.” The Fable trying to pop his arm back into place.

“Well can you tell us why, those Mundies were attacking you?” Robby putting away his bow.

The Fable gets up with his broken arm slowly healing then looks up into the sky.”I was searching for the man who started this, this disaster. Mr. Garns.”

“That guy who was on TV this morning...” Walter adding on.

“Yes. From the moment I heard a single sentence come out of that guys mouth I knew he was lying. And I have a hunch that this 'Mr. Garns' is more than he say he is. He's a fucking Fable.”

“You know Walter, I think we known that he was some kind of Fable after having some kind of contact with the winged creatures gathering up Fables. I think we should pay him a visit..”

“Are you sure Robby? Maybe we should think about this for a moment and perhaps bring reinforcements?” Walter insisting.

“We're not going to do anything crazy, yet. We are just going to see what this guy is really about. Something doesn't seem right. Oh and as for reinforcements, Lydia and Redd are patrolling mid town. They'll bark when the cat hops.”

“And where did you hear that awful analogy Robby?”

After the brothers bicker for a brief moment, the Fable ask Robby to take him with them. They Anti-Fable group has a friend of his in captivity.

“Please take me with you. Mr. Garn, he captured a friend of mines.. A Grendel, named Ebony.. She is my best friend..”

“I don't know Robby, he could slow us down.” Walter talking to Robby about bring this Fable with him. However knowing Robby, agrees on bring this Fable with them.

“Alright fellow Fable, what is your name?”

Then the Fable gets up and reveal his wolf eyes, chin up and determined to save his friend. My name is Carmine Wolf.

The trio then sets off into the streets of fire to find the Anti-Fable headquarters....

Alt text

Back at Marco and Irene's place, as everyone prepares to leave for Fabletown, they're stopped by Delphantez and Etan's Father, Hati who both appears to have a sad look on their faces.

"Dad, Lord Hati? Something wrong?" Draco asks.

His father walked over to him, and tells his son that Marcelo has been taken to the City and is held captive by captive by the Anti-Fable...

To be continued..

• The man, who introduced himself as Thomas, examined each of the baby's feet. First, he started with Liam, worked his way over and ended with Viviana. The little girl giggled against the touch of her grandfather's hand. This sent the others into a laughing fit. Thomas tickled the heels of their feet, amused them with a silly face and began to examine their backs. Emily never left his side; Sunflower, arms folded, was not convinced to say the least. He and Vivian were not pleased with this stranger.

"Woot are ya' doing, Thomas?" Emily watches the man lift Seraphina's shirt. "Is there somethin' I can tell ya' or-"

"Is Seraphina and Liam your only set of Grendels?"

"Yes....Chloe is a Wolf cub and Viviana is just, well....Viviana."

"Have these two changed-into their Grendel forms, I mean?"

"He does it all the bloody time. Seraphina picks and chooses when she wants ta' look like daddy."

Thomas holds up the little girl. Seraphina waves her tiny palm, sucks on her other hand and babbles. Thomas smiles, making the little girl squeal and continue to laugh. From the corner of his eye, he notices the sour look upon Sunflower's face.

"Calm down now, Sunflower. I'm just here to look at my grandchildren and-"

"Then why examine them like mundies do to Pigs at the county fair?"

"I do apologies but its what the grandfather does to the new offspring of his children. We look them over and-"

"Find imperfections?" Sunflower huffs. "I know what you Grendels do to the non 'perfect' children...."

Emily, terrified by this comment, snatches Seraphina from Thomas' arms. Startled, the man looks over and eyes the young woman. Although Emily could not change into a Wolf, nor did she have any mystical powers like some of her siblings but the love and determination of a mother was just as powerful as a man with a thousand swords. Vivian stood behind Emily. Thomas beamed.

"Ah Mr. Sunflower. You are aware of our kind's disturbed past in regards to the children. Although I'm not too happy with that or think it was the 'right' way to go about these things, its part of my history and shall remain as that....the past. I was merely looking the children over, considering the mother's genetic background and so forth."

"ME bloody background?! The fook does that even mean?!"

Thomas leans against the couch. "I know about your father. Hell, who does not know about Georgie Porgie. To be honest, I never pictured him as a father. I'm pleased to see you've proven me wrong. You have his apperance but your mother's generous, kind spirit."

"Ya' know me mum?"

"Ah yes...Lyla Smith. I used to be in business with your grandfather waaaaay back when Fabletown was brand new...then he left the Council and became his own man. I can't blame the man. Either its your family or....well...anyways, had no idea little Lyla Smith was the soul that would save Georgie from an eternity of fire and misery...so, its true...."

"Woots all true?"

Vivian grabs Emily's arm. The cool sensation sent chills along her spine. "Emily, no....something is up with this man..."

"Fa' fook's sake, Viv! Let go of me arm and-"

Emily forgot no one else could see her; Sunflower could only stand back and watch as Emily fought with nothing. Thomas, however, knew better. He smiled and walked over to Emily. He took his index finger and traced along the couch. Cool. Thomas sniffed the air.

"Vivian...from the Pudding n' Pie?"

"Yes..."

"Hm...she's here right now?"

"Yes...she's like, me guardian-"

"I know of Vivian. It's an honor to be in her presence. Makes sense about my grand daughter. Not just the name but her apperance. She may not CHANGE into a Grendel but she does have her father's ability to imprint. We tend to do that. Looks like your guardian is forever loved by miss Viviana."

Emily holds out her arm. "Imprints like these?"

"Ah, the markings. No, dear-imprints. You cling to another person and you're not sure why. Like Viviana for instance. I'm sure her DNA had other plans but between her and Vivian, something happened along the way and now, she is forever a huge part of your daughter's life."

Emily understood. It was like her and Gren's relationship growing up. Always attatched at the hip; never understood why they cared deeply until she grew up and the feelings turned. It would not be the same for her daughter but in time, she'd find out what it meant. Her other children as well, too. Thomas, however, looked at the mark. A single lilypad with a purple flower to top it off.

"Gren told me these are a bitch ta' remove. He had one from Carla but....it didn't hurt him and-"

"That woman lied to him. The fates knew it. Although he was marked, it was fake and temporary. Him removing such a false marking would be nothing more than a tickle. If he were to remove the one YOU gave him, well....it would be as if acid and fire were mixed, poured onto his skin and left for hours. The emotions after...the pain and suffering...we do not mess around when it comes to certain things in life."

Emily holds her daughter closer to her chest. "I bloody guess so...."

Thomas takes Emily's hand. "Come, let's go outside and finish this discussion."

Sunflower wanted to go. He'd stand away from conversating group but just enough to keep an eye out. Yes, he was Gren's father but Sunflower was one of those individuals that took time to side with and earn his trust. Right now, Thomas was at the bottom. Sunflower was loyal to Georgie's children either way. Any sense of danger the Fable picked up in regards to Emily would be dealt with.

Thomas and Emily, two babies in each of their grasp, walked out and onto the dirt path. Although the sun was high above the clouds, the air was cool and crisp. Dew settled among the leaves and blades of grass along the path. The branches of the trees pointed towards the heavens and seemed to wave at the two and the tiny babies they held. Children from the farm played in the Pig pens, rolling along the mud and grass. The Horses neighed in the distance and the Hens pecked at the ground, lifting their feathered heads to watch the strangers approaching them. Viviana was determined to float over and play with the Chickens.

Her tiny whimpers seemed to entertain Thomas. Viviana reached out her hands and thrashed her leg around. Emily, however, wrapped her slender fingers around her daughter's ankle.

"Ah, no, no, no, love. Ya' need ta' stay RIGHT 'ere."

"She's precious, Emily. So, she can float?"

"AND turn bloody invisible, too. I'm telling ya'....I neva' thought this in a million years."

"Gren has always wanted a family. Guess he wanted to replace the childhood and life he had...make up for it."

Emily brings Viviana closer to her chest. Chloe, in her other arm, pulls at her sister's leg, assuming this was a game. "Gren neva' talks about his past. I didn't think he had family. I mean, I know 'bout Robert and his other brother Isaiah. The stories I've read..."

Thomas sighs. "Mundys and their stories. Don't know a damn thing that REALLY went on in our lives. They all want sunshine, happiness and happily ever afters. Well....that's not the case."

"Woot do ya' mean? I'd like ta' know, Thomas...."

Thomas looks down at Liam and Seraphina. Nestled in his arms, the babies wiggle their toes and play with his coat. "Liam is missing his left arm...just like Grendel did years ago...that devestated me. His mother...."

"Is the story HALF true at least?"

"Some. Not all. Grendel was the youngest of the boys. His mother and I had five boys: Robert, Jason, Isaiah, Daniel and Grendel. He and his mother were very close. Not saying she didn't love her other boys...because she did, Emily...but there was something about her little boy. Imprints will do that. I'm assuming YOU were very close to your father growing up."

Emily nods. "I did everything that man did, ate, talked....even ta' this day..."

"Grendel was the same way with his mother. He was a kind, caring coul like she was; while his brothers wrestled and played in the mud and sticks, he was always by her side, picking wild flowers and gathering food for the meals ahead. She was a beautiful woman, his mother."

"Woot happened ta' her, Thomas? I mean, the story-"

"The stories are wrong, my dear Emily. All wrong. Yes, Grendel did something that got his arm torn off by that man, Beowulf. But what happened to his mother was not true. The sacrafice she made to keep him alive."

"Sacrafice?" Emily watched Thomas wipe away a tear. "I don't get...sacrafice...."

"Grendel's mother was part of a tribe. She was a Wood Elf warrior. There are nine kinds of Elves in the world and her kind did not like our kind. Hunted us, like wild Pigs in the forest. We deserved it at times; several of us over the years would devour them into the night and leave nothing but bones and bits of flesh in their beds. Her curiosity for our kind was never spoken about. They'd kill her, burn her alive, should they know the truth."

"Fa' fook's sake, man!" Emily was stunned. "The fook is wrong with ya' people?!"

"We were not saints, Emily. NONE of us were. But his mother, Calla, kept this a secret until we met one spring morning deep in the forest. She did not fear me and this intrigued my curiosity even more. We fell in love and secretly had a relationship. Her people, along with mine, had no idea of this. That is, until she became pregnant one summer's eve. Five boys. Our boys."

Emily and Thomas took a seat at th edge of a pond. Ducks swam in circles while Dragonflys danced along the weeds and rocks. They placed the four babies down and wtched them play in the water. Chloe lapped at the cool water while the other splashed and tossed the water around.

"Woot happened?"

Before Thomas could finish, a yellow cab parks beside the home. Sunflower points to the pond and before long, Gren charges in their direction. Gren stops half way when he notices the man sitting beside Emily. The babies babble and attempt to crawl towards their father. Viviana, however, lifts her tiny body up and flies towards Gren. He catches the little blonde girl before she sould go too far.

Thomas stands up. "Hello, Grendel. Its nice to see you."

"Father..."

"Come. Sit. We have much to discuss...."

Any questions, you know the drill. :3

• Oh I forget you are in England and do not know of the wonderful programs we Americans get. :P Rose was screaming 'Jerry' because of a stupid, silly talk show her in america called 'Jerry Springer'. Basically drama that people create for themselves and feel the need to go on TV and talk about them. XD Seems like everyone enjoyed the 'Robert train.' Glad you guys got the joke. XD

Also, I will indeed add everyone in future stories. THIS was fun and I'm glad you all enjoyed it, too. :) Glad I could do your OC's justice.

This has been a very fun story! XD The explanation of them 'riding the Robert train' makes for a good image! Quick question - when Rose was

• I live in England as well btw :P

We do get The Jerry Springer Show over here, but we have our own version called The Jeremy Kyle Show...

The only difference is that Jerry Springer allows more 'violence' than Jeremy Kyle does XP

JJwolf posted: »

Oh I forget you are in England and do not know of the wonderful programs we Americans get. :P Rose was screaming 'Jerry' because of a stupid

• I've heard about Jeremy Kyle and thank goodness you know what I'm reffering to than. I'd hate to look silly. lol But, after this story....eh, its been done. Never mind. XD

I live in England as well btw :P We do get The Jerry Springer Show over here, but we have our own version called The Jeremy Kyle Show... The only difference is that Jerry Springer allows more 'violence' than Jeremy Kyle does XP

• I'm sensing that Thomas knows MORE about Emily's fate than she does herself; the children as well and where that leads his son in the future. I'm curious as to WHY he was looking at the children like that but after what was said between sunflower and Thomas...I know you'll never harm those babies but I'm not too sure about Thomas right now. I'm going to need time to see if this man is alright in my books.

So can Thomas see and feel Vivian? I'm just curious. :) Also, I love sunflower; I hope you have a HUGE role played out for him in the end. :D

I swear, pie, you much have a LIST and books full of Grendels and their behavior. I find it very creative you take these characters and make an entire BG for them. This is one of the reasons why I fell in love with your stories and the detail you add to certain characters. I'm curious to learn more about Gren's past. His mother was an Elf? A warrior? Secrets!? GAAAH! XD Calla. That's a name of a flower, right....:)

Also, I love that little Viviana. I love all their children, though. Gren didn't freak out like I thought he would. Well, at least right NOW he didn't freak out....I can't wait for more, pie!!!

The man, who introduced himself as Thomas, examined each of the baby's feet. First, he started with Liam, worked his way over and ended with

• I adore Blossom Wolf and happy to see her in your story. Nick, evil in the past but trying to reform his wicked ways, is still a total badass. LOVE me some Lyla and Georgie Porgie; that beginning is so them.

Here you go guys and girls, plz enjoy XD Devils and Demons Chapter 4 - Sins Lyla walked back behind the bar and poured herself a whisk

• Both shows are just messed up people with messed up lives that want publicity for 5 seconds :P

I've heard about Jeremy Kyle and thank goodness you know what I'm reffering to than. I'd hate to look silly. lol But, after this story....eh, its been done. Never mind. XD

• I'm glad I'm getting Lyla right as a character seeing as I haven't read anything much of Pie's stories with her in (I had to ask him about her personality :P) But hearing the positive feedback is great :D

I'm actually going to write my own version of Lyla and Georgie meeting and falling in love at some point (Pie suggested it) so be on the look out for that...

I feel that Blossom and Conner got the least attention out of all of the Cubs, so they will have roles to play in this story :)

Nick... I originally WASN'T going to make him anything except a villain cuz he is this crazy psycho guy who likes causing chaos and hurting ppl, but I like my anti-heroes as well and Nick seemed like the perfect candidate :/

I adore Blossom Wolf and happy to see her in your story. Nick, evil in the past but trying to reform his wicked ways, is still a total badass. LOVE me some Lyla and Georgie Porgie; that beginning is so them.

• That is some serious dedication to be with someone like Mary, considering she used to do the very thing Nick is against. I guess its true with what they say...opposites attract. :P Now, I do agree with what JJ said. You have done my Lyla justice and look forward to more, should you include. Do not worry about the other story; take your time and when its complete, I'll be there to read it. :)

I d like the direction you are taking with Nick; he had a reputation in the homelands as this killer, along with his siblings but its nice to see him trying to reform his old ways. At least, the whole allowing others to live and all. Oh and Blossom and Conner. The other cubs, besides Ghost, that didn't really have as much screen time as the others. I've always thought blossom was adorable and glad to see her included in your story. :)

Also, the whole GrenXEmily bit, too. And how you'll incorporate Tetra's character, too. Great job so far.

Here you go guys and girls, plz enjoy XD Devils and Demons Chapter 4 - Sins Lyla walked back behind the bar and poured herself a whisk

• Write what Lyra was doing before you write the fight? If that's how you mean it, then there's nothing wrong with not writing chronologically so long as you check it makes sense!

I think it was a case of rushing the fight scene so I could onto what Lyra was doing...

• It's like 'Embarassing Bodies' - surely these people are well aware they're being shown on national television, and yet they still do it -- it's bizarre. XD

Both shows are just messed up people with messed up lives that want publicity for 5 seconds :P

• As Hazza mentions, we've got Jerry Springer over here too, but I haven't seen enough to be aware that he was who Rose was referencing. Thanks for explaining - it's more amusing than Rose just being so drunk she forgets Georige's name. XD Pleased you enjoyed writing it. :)

Oh I forget you are in England and do not know of the wonderful programs we Americans get. :P Rose was screaming 'Jerry' because of a stupid

• Nah I think it was cuz I wanted so badly to introduce the Wolf Family into the story that I made Aleesha's fight a little anti-climactic...

Then again if I had written the fight as I imagined it in my head then it would have been a good few minutes of reading the two of them go back and forth on beating each other to mush :P

Write what Lyra was doing before you write the fight? If that's how you mean it, then there's nothing wrong with not writing chronologically so long as you check it makes sense!

• Lyla will have a bigger role in the story when Luke and GrenxEmily are introduced (more on that when the time comes my friend)

Mary and Nick are like Bigby and Snow imo: They are the only two people that can handle each other!!! But they can also agree on things as well XD

The Wolf Family will be prominent in this story cuz I have a super massive love of BigbyxSnow, but I like the Cubs as well :D

That is some serious dedication to be with someone like Mary, considering she used to do the very thing Nick is against. I guess its true wi

• England is a bizarre country :P

I'd rather live in America tbh...

But, I want to join the Royal Marines instead of the USMC so I have to stay in England XD

It's like 'Embarassing Bodies' - surely these people are well aware they're being shown on national television, and yet they still do it -- it's bizarre. XD

• Viviana is just, well....Viviana.

Wasn't there something similar said by Lyla once, when describing her children? That Emily was, well, Emily? Either way, makes them seem more special than 'a wolf' or 'a grendel', because they have no reputation to exactly live up to. (Emily sort of had Georgie, I suppose.) Anyway, Sunflower seems to have the right idea of impartial distrust about Thomas: not that Gren's father is a bad guy, it's just that some of the way he say things seem a bit too... Smooth. Maybe I'm just too damn suspicious. XD

The man, who introduced himself as Thomas, examined each of the baby's feet. First, he started with Liam, worked his way over and ended with

• Ahh, I guess that comes down to balancing stuff out, but I'm fairly useless at that. xD

Do you imagine stuff happening like a film in your head, and your directing the camera around? Because that's how I do it, and it sounds like it's sort of like how you do it, because getting it all down on paper when it's how it is in your mind can be tricky sometimes.

Nah I think it was cuz I wanted so badly to introduce the Wolf Family into the story that I made Aleesha's fight a little anti-climactic...

• Yes, yes it is. :P

I don't mind it that much, but some things really annoy me.

Royal Marines Commandos? Yeah, the Queen wouldn't appreciate one of her royal soldiers wandering off to America. XD

England is a bizarre country :P I'd rather live in America tbh... But, I want to join the Royal Marines instead of the USMC so I have to stay in England XD

• I imagine stuff happening like a film :D 100% correct my friend!

I tend to write something 'along the lines of' what is in my head, and it always seems to work out better imo :P

Ahh, I guess that comes down to balancing stuff out, but I'm fairly useless at that. xD Do you imagine stuff happening like a film in you

• I have dual-citizenship since my birth; I could join the Royal Marines and transfer quite easily if I wanted to and vice versa :P

Maybe in the future I will move to America, it's a lovely country :D

Yes, yes it is. :P I don't mind it that much, but some things really annoy me. Royal Marines Commandos? Yeah, the Queen wouldn't appreciate one of her royal soldiers wandering off to America. XD

• Gren did not move from his spot. He held Viviana close to his chest. The baby babbled as if her father could understand. Sunflower managed to catch up and stood a few feet from where Gren was. Although he was not equipped with the senses that either beast portrayed, he could tell Gren was furious and not pleased with his estranged father's appearance. Even Vivian, although could do nothing for Gren, carefully watched the body language of her precious Emily.

Emily stood up and walked over to Gren. She bit her bottom lip and played with a strand of loose hair. Gren began to grind his teeth, secretly invisioning himself tearing that man apart, riping out his throat and devouring the bloody mess as if it was a piece of candy. Gren lived his life alone; before Emily, he swore vengance on his father and himself. His father had no right to cast his own child into the woods, alone and hope the beast could fend on his own.

Gren carefully pressed his lips against Emily's forehead. The touch was hot and Emily immediatly grabbed Gren's hand and entwined her fingers into his. Viviana reach out for her mother; the little girl clasped her hands against Emily's face and gave her a wet kiss.

"Thank ya', baby." Emily chuckled. "Mommy loves her little sunshine."

"What is he doing here?" Gren nearly whispered this question under his breath. "WHY is HE here, Emily?"

"Gren, stop. He wanted ta' see you and the children. Now, he has every right to-"

Gren pulled back from Emily. The beast could have easily torn off her arm if the strength had been unbareable. Viviana sensed the anger and growing frustration in her father's touch. The baby screamed and began to shed tears, reaching desperatly for Emily. Emily scoops the little girl from Gren's reach. She knew he'd never hurt his children but Gren had a tendacy to black out and do what his subconscious told him to do. Thomas noticed his son's erratic behavior and was prepared to fight with his youngest son.

Sunflower and Vivian ran to Emily's side. The other children, unaware of what was taking place, continued to play in the water. Liam chased a Frog while the girls played in the tiny, muddy banks of the pond. Viviana buried her face deep into Emily's shirt and cried. Thomas stood before Gren.

"Get out." Anger spewed from Gren's lips. "Get the fuck away from me AND my family."

"I understand the frustration, confusion and anger you are feeling, son. I do not wish to bring you or your beautiful family any harm."

"Why are you here, than?" Gren slowly began to change. "Why the fuck did you bother to show your sorry fucking face to me?"

Thomas did not blink an eye. He stood upright and said not one word as his son turned into his true form. The beast shoke the ground, slammed his fists into the earth and bellowed loudly into the mid-morning skies. The birds flew in large groups and critters scattered around, looking for a hiding place away from this creature. Even Sunflower and Vivian were startled by Gren's apperance. Gren nearly charged at his father; the idea of sinking his sharp teeth into the flesh was almost too easy. Gren could smell the blood, basking in the sun and pouring from his father's open wounds. Nose to nose, Gren huffed and began to breath heavily.

"You have five fucking seconds to leave my property...."

"Grendel, please. I'm not here to fight you, nor do I wish to do so. I have not changed into my true form in years and would be foolish as to challenge you. I'd never have a chance..."

Gren glared deep into his father's eyes. The same eyes he inherited from him. Gren scanned the pupils and noticed the tired, warn out look in the olive green color. They flickered back and forth; his father watched Gren's every move and every detail his face had. The wrinkles along his face, the color of his flesh. How Gren's lips curled back to show his teeth.

"Grendel, please." The elderly man was now pleading. "I do not wish to hurt you. Please. I want to talk."

"WHY?" Gren's answer roared into the heavens. "Why the fuck should I-"

"I'm dying, Grendel."

The quads were placed in their bassinets. Each sucked on their tiny fingers and fell into the nap's spell of sleep and wonderful dreams to come. Emily had a kettle of water boiling on the stove. Sunflower nibbled on a sandwiched she prepared, while Gren and his father sat in silence at the kitchen table. Vivian was hot on Emily's toes; the specter of Georgie's formr life had something she needed to tell Emily. While the men drank their tea, however, she's reveal to Emily what SHE knew in regards to Gren.

The whistle echoed in the kitchen, indicating to Emily the water was complete. She poured the water, added a slice of lemon and a teaspoon of Honey. The two men sipped their drinks; Gren's eyes never left his father's side and watched him. Thomas remained a statue in the gardens; still, unresponsive and allowing the burden of the weather tear him to pieces. Emily was beyond words with Thomas' confession to Gren. Honestly, so was Gren.

"You're dying..." Gren finally spoke. "What do you fucking mean-"

"I've been to Robert's apartment the other day and discussed this with him. I've managed to contact Isaiah but he could say nothing. Not sure if in denial or the shoke of it all but he'll come around. My time here on earth is drawing to an end, Gren and I wanted to see you...Robert said you were in town. Gave me the address. I assumed you were still in the original apartment but when I drove down there-"

"I have not lived in that piece of shit since Carla told me all the fucking skeletons she had piling up in her godddamn closet of fucking lies!"

Thomas shakes his head. "I'm sorry you had to go through such a mess. Certain trials and tribulations makes us stronger and from what I've seen, its worked on you. Emily is indeed a beautiful young woman and the children you two have produced."

"Does it bother you she's a fucking Porgie?"

Thomas was quiet for a moment. The ticking of the clock made Emily nervous. Time was passing by so slowly. The world around them continued, not noticing the three adults in the kitchen.

"At first, yes. I had HEARD that Georgie was married and with children. I honestly had no idea that one, Carla was Lyla's sister and two, that you and one of Georgie's children had imprinted on one another and it was a for sure thing you'd two would be as one."

"How did you find out then? I haven't seen you since the Homelands...."

"Word gets around in Fabletown, son. Not to mention when the Witch brought up the Knife and Georgie making the connection a set in stone deal, I-"

Emily nearly knocked the cup down before her. She could not explain the sudden movement but after further investigation, noticed Vivian's odd and strange facial expressions. The blonde woman in the purple dress was pale; although she had no color in her face to begin with, she seemed to turn as white as their bedroom sheets. Both hands cupped against her lips. Eyes wide like dinner plates and eyes focused on Thomas. He sniffed the air and began to notice the change in the room.

"Ah, so she knows too, huh?"

Gren turned to face Emily. "Who knows? Emily?"

Emily remained hushed. Vivian had a grip wrapped around Emily's arm. She leans forward and nearly touches Emily's ear with her lips. The coolness of her breath leaves chills along Emily's neck.

"I have to tell you something, Emily. I didn't think it was needed but-"

"The fook do ya' know?" Emily whispered under her breath. "The fook ya' gunna' tell me now, huh?"

"Your father is the reason WHY everything was set in stone. Yes, he agreed to be with your mother and create a new, fresh slate at life but..."

"But WOOT, Vivian?!"

Gren stood up from his seat. "Vivian? From the Pudding n' Pie?"

Emily nods. "I didn't think I needed ta' tell ya' Gren, but...Vivian is me own personal guardian angel. Been watchin' ova' me fa' years. She helped prevent the war between Peter and Fabletown. When Romulus and Remus almost made him into their own bloody fookin' weapon. She is the one that showed me you and that I was fookin' capable of more than just the life me father left behind."

Gren walked around in circles. Everything was being thrown at him so fast; he didn't have time to process and before he had a grip on the first problem, here came another. He grunted under his breath; the tea cup in his hand began to shake and vibrate. Vivian touched Emily's hand. Nodding towards the Georgie look-alike, Emily glances over at Thomas.

"She wants ya' ta' tell the story. About how it became one..."

Thomas nods. "Well, tell Vivian if I DO miss anything, correct me. But from what I know, Gren, you used to be a regualr at the Pudding n' Pie, no?"

Gren sips from his cup. "Sometimes..."

"Well, story has it you returned night after night; Georgie allowed you some extra 'cushion' when money was tight because he understood you were low on funds. One night, however, you returned with nothing and he kicked you out. By this time, you were full of rage and whiskey. The two combined in you is like poison from a Viper's bite. Deadly. Unpredictable. And you attacked him. Almost killed him until Vivian retrieved a knife Georgie had in his office."

Emily knew of the knife; it belonged to Georgie's father at the homelands and the night he escaped from his father brutal punishment, the knife seemed to have latched itself into Georgie. Since than, it was difficult for him to part with it.

"I know 'bout that knife. Me father STILL has it. Won't let any of us touch it...."

"Vivian hands Georgie the knife and the second his fingers wrapped around the handle, it created an invisible thread. When he pierced Gren's skin, something happened. The knife began to glow...it was a bright, blinding light that magically had a hold on both Gren and your father. The blood trickled from the wound, into the blade and vanished. Before either could react, the knife falls from Georgie's grasp and plunges into your father's shoulder. The blood from Gren seeped into your father's body..."

Vivan agreed with every word. "She had no idea ya' knew 'bout that. Everything you're saying..."

"The Witch never told your parents EVERYTHING about you kids and the destinys you'd make in this world. Because of this, YOUR destiny was already sealed before your conception. Two lost souls found their way. Only it wasn't your father's soul it was detecting...."

Gren finally spoke. "....But Emily's soul..."

Emily and Vivian remained hushed as Thomas looked over at Gren. Gren was currently looking out the window. From the distance, he could see Jersey's Honda pulling up; not too far behind, Katie's Mini van and the rest of the children she bared for the creature. That's right, he thought. Today was their day to babysit.

"Come back later tonight. I still wish to speak to you-"

Thomas looks over. "I will return tomorrow morning. I'm quite exhausted and need to rest."

Gren said not a word, as Thomas bid farewell to Emily, kissed the quads goodbye and simply vanished into the woods. The brakes from the car squeaked; Puddles began to bark and head straight for the door. Emily left Gren alone in the kitchen; Sunflower followed behind, worried about the suddenly hushed Fable near the sink. Gren, unaware if Vivian was there or not, slams his fist into the counter. Vivian was indeed nearby and could only stand by and watch.

Gren leans forward and begins to weep.

Any questions, you know the drill. I took the next week off for 'baby bonding' time, so this gives me a chance to catch up. I've had this idea swimming around for awhile now; been looking forward to covering Gren's side and really pull all my previous stories in together as one. If there is anything you're still confused about, please ask and I'll answer ASAP. :)

My sweet little Emily is too damn precious. Our cat, Tony Montana, was determined to take a sneak peek at the baby; we've allowed him to sniff, same with the dog, at the baby. Jimbo (the dog) seems to be fine but the cat is being a douche. xD My fiancee is worried he'll creep into the babies crib at night and jump in. I've reassured to her it will be fine. :) Never seen Tammy eye that cat like she is now....:P

• edited January 2015

That Emily was, well, Emily?

:) Yes. Lyla did say that about her precious Emily. Although Emily did have Georgie, Lyla never saw what that truly meant for her daughter; no matter the outcome, Lyla always loved her children. Same can be said for Emily. :)

Do not worry, his father will not be a bad character. I promise. Gren has every right to distrust his father and I'll cover more in future chapters.

Viviana is just, well....Viviana. Wasn't there something similar said by Lyla once, when describing her children? That Emily was, we

• Tony Montana... hahahahahaha!!! XD

He's thinking "Say hello to my little friend!" when he see's that baby :P

Gren did not move from his spot. He held Viviana close to his chest. The baby babbled as if her father could understand. Sunflower managed t

• Damn! @lupinenoir is right! Lyla did say that Emily....it's all coming together......

That Emily was, well, Emily? Yes. Lyla did say that about her precious Emily. Although Emily did have Georgie, Lyla never saw what

• edited January 2015

Yup. I told you it will all come together in the end. :) She may have LOOKED like Georgie but that didn't mean anything.

Damn! @lupinenoir is right! Lyla did say that Emily....it's all coming together......

• Favorite chapter so far and I will tell you why. The detail, description and that story. I would never have guessed. So, pretty much the fates already knew about Gren and Emily; this is obviously before the CM. that is so weird....

And he's dying? Huh....I know you said he's not a bad guy but somethig does not add up. That ending....shit

Gren did not move from his spot. He held Viviana close to his chest. The baby babbled as if her father could understand. Sunflower managed t

• Glad you liked it. I want to REALLY go deep into Gren's past life. KINDA like what Bill did for Snow and Bigby in the comics. And yes; the fates already know, Witches know...everything is there. This was before the CM but not by much. With the blood in Georgie, it made an invisible connection, as stated above. When emily was born and Gren held it, it was automatic between them.

And no, Thomas is not a bad guy. I'll explain more.

Favorite chapter so far and I will tell you why. The detail, description and that story. I would never have guessed. So, pretty much the fat

• Well I'm looking forward to what you have on store for Gren. Sure TWAU comics will cover more (hopefully) but the way you are handling Gren is wonderful. It makes sense now. Thank you.

Well least Thomas is not a bad man. BTW that cat is evil! At least Jimbo is alrigt

Glad you liked it. I want to REALLY go deep into Gren's past life. KINDA like what Bill did for Snow and Bigby in the comics. And yes; the f

Sign in to comment in this discussion.