Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Love how you're prioritising your drawing over revision - that's true dedication to the thread and your OC's. :P Yup, sounds breezy. xD I have a a question: when do you sleep? Because you often seem to be up at times that must be early hours of the morning, and I'm curious as to when you fit it in, if you don't mind me asking of course.

Only plans I have is to eventually work on another drawing of mine, and possibly study for a test I have tomorrow for Psyche. Other than that, that's pretty much it - it's typically a casual breeze throughout most of my days. ;P How about you?

• edited January 2015

If I had Cheetos for breakfast, I'd be very concerned for my diet. ;)

Besides, I thought you liked the fog and cold? Unless you want warm weather for the misses. :P

pudding_pie posted: »

Oh man those cheetos sound bomb right now! xD Brewing me some coffee; its almost 7am here in my little slice of Cali heaven. (Not really; fo

• Short answer is Georgie. He is the main, responsible reason why every single person in his life is entwined and a purpose based on his decisions. He and Lyla became one; they had children and now they too have a calling in Fabletown, as do the others who were destined to be with them. :) Ah, the knife....I'll cover more when Georgie explains to Emily in future chapters.

And I will explain more of Gren and Thoma' story and reasons behind it all. By what he says from here on out, I'll let you all decide if he should get forgiveness. JJ already hates him....:P

I'm glad, too; I was worried there for a bit with Jimbo but Tony is, well....Tony. xD He's just curious about Emily. :)

LupineNoir posted: »

For so long then they've been intertwined in destiny, Emily and Gren, and yet, in a way, almost all of the other characters - if not all. It

• I LOVE the fog and cold. The misses hates it. lol

Oh man....I used to eat that crap ALL the time in my earlier years.

If I had Cheetos for breakfast, I'd be very concerned for my diet. Besides, I thought you liked the fog and cold? Unless you want warm weather for the misses. :P

• Pie your comment got eaten :P

Regular potato chips? Ruffles are great :/

Oh man those cheetos sound bomb right now! xD Brewing me some coffee; its almost 7am here in my little slice of Cali heaven. (Not really; fo

• Psh! Stupid comment. Saw my name and was like 'oh damn, pudding AND pie....' xD

Anyways, with dip I'll eat 'em but alone? Nah. :) Although after seeing that subway comment, I'd be down for a burger right now.....

HazzatheMan posted: »

Pie your comment got eaten :P Regular potato chips? Ruffles are great

• Ooh, I see what you did there. ;D Very smooth, sir, very smooth. :P

Nope... Haven't had snow for ages down in Oxford My only source of Snow is TWAU and Fables ;P

• Why tank you :)

Ooh, I see what you did there. ;D Very smooth, sir, very smooth. :P

• Are Cheetos crips or fries or similar? I think I should know what they are exactly, but for some reason I can't place them - and if they help with being up at 7am I could probably do with getting some. xD

• Ugh man! I hope they have that here in Cali at the gas station just down the road cause that sounds so good! xD

Haha that was mine back in high school for a year and I agree it was boring.

Eat 'em with Fritos Jalapeño Cheddar dip, goes down a treat SubWay was my first job and good god was it boring!

• Yeah, that's me sometimes - creativity over schoolwork. XP

I usually sleep around 8 or 9 PM. Then I wake up around in the 1 to 3 AM hour range, it really depends since I'm normally on my phone while I'm laying in bed. So yeah, I try to stay up for as long as I can though.

Love how you're prioritising your drawing over revision - that's true dedication to the thread and your OC's. :P Yup, sounds breezy. xD I ha

• Eat 'em with Fritos Jalapeño Cheddar dip, goes down a treat :D

SubWay was my first job and good god was it boring!

Psh! Stupid comment. Saw my name and was like 'oh damn, pudding AND pie....' xD Anyways, with dip I'll eat 'em but alone? Nah. Although after seeing that subway comment, I'd be down for a burger right now.....

• edited January 2015

They usually come in fry style; if they made a crisp, however, pie has yet to discover this! :D I'm always up at the crack of dawn; little sleep but I still make it through the day. Emily screaming her head off at 4am does not help but the little lady demands she have her breakfast, too! xD

Are Cheetos crips or fries or similar? I think I should know what they are exactly, but for some reason I can't place them - and if they help with being up at 7am I could probably do with getting some. xD

• I remember when Flaming Hot Cheeto's was the go-to snack for kids in schools everywhere - probably still is up to this point. XD

I LOVE the fog and cold. The misses hates it. lol Oh man....I used to eat that crap ALL the time in my earlier years.

• THINK it still is or kids may have upgraded to the lime flavored Hot Cheetos. I know I used to eat those things like they were going out of style in high school.

I remember when Flaming Hot Cheeto's was the go-to snack for kids in schools everywhere - probably still is up to this point. XD

• Well, creativity is usually much more fun. :P

And that's cool, I was just wondering is all.

Personally, I'm trying to learn a piece of music on the piano - or keyboard, in fact - and then I might write something if I get chance later!

Yeah, that's me sometimes - creativity over schoolwork. XP I usually sleep around 8 or 9 PM. Then I wake up around in the 1 to 3 AM hour

• There's lime now? Jesus Christ...

THINK it still is or kids may have upgraded to the lime flavored Hot Cheetos. I know I used to eat those things like they were going out of style in high school.

• Oh sweet, play that thing, keyboard cat!

Well, creativity is usually much more fun. :P And that's cool, I was just wondering is all. Personally, I'm trying to learn a piece of music on the piano - or keyboard, in fact - and then I might write something if I get chance later!

• Ahh, well I'll keep an eye out for them and try and find them in either form. :P Must be very handy to get by on little sleep - especially when you've got someone wanting breakfast at 4am! Must be weird being just a few days old still, but babies might not think much on that.

They usually come in fry style; if they made a crisp, however, pie has yet to discover this! I'm always up at the crack of dawn; little sle

• Meow!

I think. :P

Oh sweet, play that thing, keyboard cat!

• I highly recommend them for those afternoon craving snacks. Or, the morning like Dragon....hell, even late into the night hours, too! xD It has its ups and downs; there are times it feels like I got an entire 8 hours and other days I can feel it. But that is what energy drinks and coffee is for. :3

And Emily may not see that now as a problem but when she's older and in high school with her friends, I'll make sure to bring it up. Hopefully her reaction will be like mine was whenever my mom felt the need to bring up some story inregards to my childhood. xD

Ahh, well I'll keep an eye out for them and try and find them in either form. :P Must be very handy to get by on little sleep - especially w

• edited January 2015

Any time day and night, is what it sounds like. xD Which is good, because some foods just seem to only work at certain times. Like a pasty, or mashed potato - they're just not breakfast. (Well, each to there own.) Yeah, thank goodness for energy drinks and coffee. :3 Though, apparently the herb sage is good at boosting brains in an afternoon - some chemical or other in it.

React with slight embarrassment, certainty that you don't need to be told this information, and a longing for them to never mention these things in front of friends or would-be dates? If the reaction is anything like that, she'll probably thank you for it about 20 years later. xD

I highly recommend them for those afternoon craving snacks. Or, the morning like Dragon....hell, even late into the night hours, too! xD It

• Cheetos, Ruffles and Root Beer are American foods that I buy from Croughton Air Base.

You cant buy them in British stores unless they have a section for American cuisine :/

Any time day and night, is what it sounds like. xD Which is good, because some foods just seem to only work at certain times. Like a pasty,

• And your comment got eaten AGAIN! XD

Yeah SubWay was ok for a first job, but looking back I could've gotten a better one :/

(Where I worked was only a 5 minute walk from my house at least...)

Psh! Stupid comment. Saw my name and was like 'oh damn, pudding AND pie....' xD Anyways, with dip I'll eat 'em but alone? Nah. Although after seeing that subway comment, I'd be down for a burger right now.....

• Seems like our comments are not getting along very well....lol

Hey, least it was something and it was right by your house? Shoot, least you didn't have to drik clear across just to get there. xD

And your comment got eaten AGAIN! XD Yeah SubWay was ok for a first job, but looking back I could've gotten a better one (Where I worked was only a 5 minute walk from my house at least...)

• My Parents always go one about how I rarely cried as a baby and didn't wake up in the night :P

Though I was apparently a very active little kid and I never stayed in one place for more than a second XP

Emily wakes you up at 4am? Damn... I'm gonna be terrible when I have a kid cuz I love my sleep, even when my dogs wanna be let outside I try and ignore them for as long as I can :S

I highly recommend them for those afternoon craving snacks. Or, the morning like Dragon....hell, even late into the night hours, too! xD It

• There's probably somewhere in the city that's got an American selection; saves me time trying to find them in Sainsbury's or the like, so thanks. :)

Cheetos, Ruffles and Root Beer are American foods that I buy from Croughton Air Base. You cant buy them in British stores unless they have a section for American cuisine

• Yeah that does help :)

I really need to learn to drive... It'll give me something to do when I'm not working (besides writing of course)

Seems like our comments are not getting along very well....lol Hey, least it was something and it was right by your house? Shoot, least you didn't have to drik clear across just to get there. xD

• My mom has all kinds of stories; she continues to tell me and I just ignore her and roll my eyes. I was a quiet kid but that's a whole different story....

Yup. 4am. Yesterday it was 1am. xD When she's hungry....oh man. Knows how to get mommy and daddy's attention. But I love her to bits. :) Just doing what a baby does best.

My Parents always go one about how I rarely cried as a baby and didn't wake up in the night :P Though I was apparently a very active litt

• Sainsbury's...

I hate that place, simply cuz I have to go in with my Mum and help her shop. She spends ages in there :P

There's probably somewhere in the city that's got an American selection; saves me time trying to find them in Sainsbury's or the like, so thanks.

• edited January 2015

I'm sure when the time comes for me I'll be ready and waiting to do what I can for my kid :)

One story my Mum told me was kinda 'heavy': Apparently she went to take a shower and my Dad had to watch me, he didn't do a good job of it and I fell off their bed on to the floor (probably head first) I was crying but otherwise no injuries at all...

But that one time meant that my Mum NEVER trusted my Dad to look after me by himself when I was still a toddler :/

My mom has all kinds of stories; she continues to tell me and I just ignore her and roll my eyes. I was a quiet kid but that's a whole diffe

• Yeah, I've spent quite a while in Sainsbury's waiting for my Mum to make a decision. :P Though, I feel the same about most supermarkets - people stand for so long deciding which cheese to buy. xD

Sainsbury's... I hate that place, simply cuz I have to go in with my Mum and help her shop. She spends ages in there :P

• So, pretty much if Georgie had never agreed to change his life, Jersey, Mary, Gren, Johann, Lyla, etc would have been affected in ways no one could explain? But the knife; it set everything in stone, so did THIS play a small part in Georgie allowing fate to easily take a shold of him and guide him towards Lyla?

God, this is getting so good and intense!!

Short answer is Georgie. He is the main, responsible reason why every single person in his life is entwined and a purpose based on his decis

• lol the cheese XD

Yeah, I've spent quite a while in Sainsbury's waiting for my Mum to make a decision. :P Though, I feel the same about most supermarkets - people stand for so long deciding which cheese to buy. xD

• Cat and Mouse

Part Four

Falling into place

Jersey slammed his hands on what was once The Crooked man's desk, he, Dee, and Dum sort of claimed this place as their own after the events of what took places years ago. His eyes narrowed at the two brothers, it's been days since so much as a peep about his son Bradwr and Scarlett.

"What do ya mean nothing?!" he hissed at the two.

"We told you, ain't no such luck." Dee replied crossing his arms and frowning. "If you ask me it's almost a good thing, with Scarlett off our backs we don't have to worry about Bloody Mary 2.0."

"And what about my son?"

"Knowing him got fed up and left." Dum said with a shrug of his shoulders. "The lad is an adult, guess he finally realized that."

"Shit!" Jersey swore kicking a chair over. The phone calls from Medusa was more then enough to make him uneasy, but throw Bradwr and his "I don't give a fuck" personally roaming around Fabletown or elsewhere. "Where the fuck is he?!"

"Don't know and don't care." Dum huffed, his hands hidden in his pants pockets. "So see Ya."

"Excuse me?" Jersey raised an eye brow at the two brothers.

"Scarlett is gone, so is Mary and The Crooked man, we only stayed out of the goodness of our hearts." he replied. "Me and my brother are getting outta this dump, whatever business Medusa has with you ain't none of our concern."

"So that's it, your just leaving?" Jersey scoffed.

"Don't think of it as abandoning you, think of it as two brothers going off in search of new opportunities." Dee stated. He then drug through his pockets and placed a white envelope on the desk. "One of Medusa's succubus gals told me to give this to you. Quite the looker, very nice legs."

And with that being said Dee and Dum bid their farewells and left him. Jersey gritted his teeth and torn open the envelope.

Dearest Jersey

I would like to have a few words with you, face to face, Fable to Fable. Your find a ticket and an address, I do hope you come my dear, it would certainly be not as fun if you didn't.

Sincerely Medusa

Taking the ticket he crumpled the letter in his hands before tossing it aside. Of course, Medusa still had some sort of game going on, always did... She was toying with him, playing him like a violin and a complex melody. Whatever she was doing it was working, whatever she had planned it had him feeling like he should be looking over his shoulder all the time.

"Fuck it..." he grumbled putting the ticket his pocket, going off to hail a taxi.

XXX

"Really Dad?"

"It's the best I could find."

Lyall sighed in annoyance as he looked at the mask in his hands. It was made to cover the upper part of the face, nose and forehead. It was white, which was an alright colour, but it was the swirls of gold glitter plastered onto the mask that made him hate it. He wasn't one for glitter or flashy attire, he was pleased that it at least looked elegant and well made as opposed to a cheap one that looked like it was made by a child.

"As if wearing a tux wasn't bad enough."

"Don't complain, at least be grateful your not gonna be decked out in a dress and heels." Bigby chuckled.

"Least yours isn't blood orange." Bradwr muttered, his mask although lacking glitter was a bright blood orange mask that was made to cover one side of a person's face.

"Blood orange?" Lyall scoffed looking at Bradwr's mask. "What fucking name is that for a colour?"

"Your the one to talk about names, Lyall is literary Wolf, your name is freaking Wolf Wolf." Bradwr stated, Lyall's brows buckled in annoyance.

"Fuck off."

"Whatever you say Wolf Wolf...." he then thought about it. "Wolf Wolf.... Woof Woof!" he cried out in delighted humour, slapping his thigh at the utter irony of Lyall's name."

"I swear to god-"

"MOON MOON!" Bradwr laughed as tears ran down his eyes. "Ah man, this day just took a turn for the better. You made my day man."

"Fucking hell." Lyall rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, he averted his glance to his father. "Heard anything from Mouse? About forging tickets?"

"Said she could figure everything out on her own... Says she works better that way." Bigby lit up a cigarette. "Plus she said she wanted to call Jack, tell him she might be a little late."

"Jack? You mean Jack Horner?" Lyall raised an eye brow.

"Yup, apparently their going to The Trip trap."

"Does he know?"

"I doubt it." Bigby chuckled blowing a cloud of smoke. "She's too innocence for her own good, not being the brightest doesn't help her much either. Heart's in the right place at least, can't complain really."

"How does she even know what the tickets to get in would look like?" Bradwr questioned. "Is Mouse some kind of mindreader?"

"She's a mouse, guess they sneak or some shit like that...." Lyall shrugged.

"Awww... Reading minds would be kind of hot." Bradwr pouted.

The office door creaked open, the trio turned to see not Mouse but Bonnie.

"Hey." she simply greeted as she entered the room.

"Bonnie? What are you doing here?" asked Lyall setting his mask aside.

"Dude, I called her. What's up Bons Bons?" he greeted cheerfully. The two shook hands, as if they were friends for the longest of times. "You ready?"

"Sadly yes." her face scrunched up in disgust. "I have to wear that God awful dress again...." Bonnie sighed sadly. "Ruffles... what were my parents thinking?" she moaned miserably.

"Hmm... Bradwr, is there something you aren't telling us?" Lyall questioned, raising an eye brow. Sure he was delighted to see Bonnie, but these weren't the best of times.

"Huh? Oh yeah, Bonnie's gonna come with us."

"I'm eighteen, I'm an adult. So is this the part well you welcome me aboard?" she put her hands on her hips.

"We never agreed to such-" Bigby started but was soon cut off by Bradwr.

"She saved my arse back at the fight club, best if she sticks around. Beside's knowing my ever so vengeful ex-wife she won't let this slide." he tossed his mask aside and plopped himself down in a chair. "Scarlett's always been one to hold a grudge, not the ideal marriage... but damn angry sex is the bomb."

"A fair point..." muttered Lyall as he then shifted his glance at Bonnie. "Speaking of which you never did explain why you came to the fight club, and how you manage to get your hands on a firearm."

"It was a fight club, you can find knifes, pepper spray, firearms, and brass knuckles just lying around like loose change." Bonnie gave a roll of her eyes. "Can we just get a move on?" she huffed.

"Do your parents know about this?" Bigby asked. "You may be eighteen but you still live under their roof."

"Doesn't matter."

"Actually it does, I don't want Beast hollering at me on a cigarette break."

"I'm moving out in a week, it doesn't matter." Bonnie hissed before glancing at her watch. "Has Mouse a-"

"SORRY I'M LATE!" the ever so panic ridden voice of Mouse cried out as she entered the room, tripping over her own feet during her rush send her face first on the ground. "I'm okay!" she reassured, getting back on her feet.

"You forged the tickets?" asked Bigby, his question was answered when Mouse pulled a small stack of tickets out of her purse.

"Every detail it just like the real ones, they should get you in." she handed the stack to Bigby.

"How do you even know what they were suppose to look like?" he raised an eye brow.

"This is Fabletown, somewhere someone knows something, you just need to look in the right places and ask the right questions, oh, and bat your eyelashes a little... They love that." Mouse explained tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

"Okay, NOW can we go?" Bonnie asked, clearly yearning for some action. "You know, before Scarlett decides to plot out another plan to murder Lyall?"

"I hope it involves whips this time."

XXX

Lyall's heart couldn't help but heart wildly as the guard looked over his ticket in. Mouse said she was an expert forger, oh so she claimed. These looked professional enough, but from the little time he had to see Medusa in person she seemed to be the type to pat attention to detail.

The guard then ticked the ticket in his back pocket. "Your in." he replied, his voice gruff and sounded scratchy, either he had one hell of a nasty cough or smoked more then him and his father combined.

"Thanks..." he entered the room and awaited for his father, Bonnie, and Bradwr.

Bradwr was right, these certainly were the artsy crowd. Men and women alike were clad in just about everything, feathers, pearls, fancy dresses and tuxes, flashy masked caked in more glitter then a good night at a club, some wore bright colours while others were dressed in dark colours. Yet these difference in attire certainly did not cause the crowd to stop conversing with each other. If not dancing, drinking high end booze, or snacking on the wife of variety of food, the crowd would be talking to each other, laughing so hard and loud they snorted. Now this certainly seemed better then the last party, Fabletown could learn a thing or two about parties from these folks.

"Looks like Mouse knew what she was doing. She should go into business with this forging shit, could make a TON of cash." Bradwr mused, then glanced over at the food being served. "Oh! They have those little cocktail weenies!" he was about to dive headfirst into the food being offered but BIGBY snagged him by the collar of his tux.

"We're here to find Medusa, not eat all the cocktail weenies." Bigby huffed in an annoyed manner.

"I'm pretty sure we can do both my good sir." Bradwr stated, still eyeing the cocktail weenies.

"So we just find Medusa and Scarlett, rough them up a little, the arrest them?" Bonnie said, bringing up the plan as she adjusted her mask to fit her face better. Lyall now wished he asked to trade with her, her mask was a pale pastel blue, trimmed with a pure white. Certainly better then his glitter puke one... If not Bonnie he would most certainly trade with his father's plain white mask.

"That's the thing though, it's not that simple. Medusa has a network of succubuses and incubuses working for her and on top of Scarlett." Lyall took a deep breathe through his nose, the faint scent of flowered filled his nose, and of course the scent of vanilla, and that could only belong to one person. "And their all here with Scarlett."

"Succubuses?" Bonnie repeated, raising her eyebrow.

"Type of demon, stalks the lust in you and uses it against you." Bradwr informed. "Incubuses are the male counterpart, pretty open minded type of folks. If Medusa didn't have them all under her thumb I would treat a few to some drinks."

"I take it their tough?" Bonnie asked, crossing her arms.

"If there not tying to get in your pants then yeah. They use their charm to their advantage, they know what you desire, what you long for. Temptation can be a person's greatest downfall... God damn those cocktail weenies look good." Bradwr muttered.

"Forget about the damn food!" Bigby hissed.

"Okay, we keep old One-eye busy, then what?" Bradwr asked averting his gaze from the food.

"Leave Scarlett to me, and I say we give the crowd something to really get em' hyped." Lyall glanced at the lights above them. He wishes he could wear sunglasses, it was like someone put the fucking sun inside. He could only imagine what the electric bill was to light that damn thing was. "You thinking what I'm thinking dad?"

"I think I might." Bigby looked at Bradwr and Bonnie. "You two look out for anything, if something comes our way give us a sign."

"A sign?" Bradwr's eye brows knitted in frustration. "Like what?"

"I don't know, put on a dress and do the Macarena, just warn us if shit's about to go down."

"Alright, alright... But I would look fucking sexy in a dress and you know it!" Bradwr scoffed.

"I'll take your word for it." Lyall mused.

"I'll handle the lights, Lyall, you deal with Scarlett, Bradwr and Bonnie you two know what to do." Bigby informed before taking off.

"Well I'm gonna go see if there's anything dangerous about those cocktail weenies." Bradwr declared taking off to devouring the foot before them, with Bonnie chasing after him. Lyall let out a small amused chuckle, Bradwr been full of energy and life, he always seemed to crave a new excitement. It was no wonder his marriage went up in flames... literarily. Him and Scarlett seemed like an odd match... but he never did see Scarlett in a good mood with the whole wanting to kill him ordeal.

He smelled the air, it wasn't that difficult to seek out the aroma of vanilla amongst the floral scent of Medusa's workers and the overpowering scent of overpriced perfume of the other guest. He had Scarlett's smell memorized since their first encounter. Hard to forgot about a one-eyed woman who tends to try to kill you after all. It was fairly easy to discover where the source of Scarlett's scent was coming from, not just because his keen sense of smell allowed him too, but also because Scarlett made no effort to hide herself.

Clad in a deep purple one shoulder dress, no mask covered her face aside from her eyepatch which appeared to be made of a different material for the event. Still black but the fabric looked softer, like silk. With her hair done up and nails and makeup done to perfection she daintily sipped at the glass of champagne. This reminded him of their first encounter, Scarlett all alone and dolled up with him having to make the first move to get the ball rolling. Well here goes nothing, third time's the charm right?

"You come here often?"

XXX

And here we go, I'm planning to capture interaction with Scarlett that isn't well... all REVENGE!!! I'm really looking forward to it :), I love these party type scenarios.

Also for those who don't know Moon Moon is an Internet meme, it's basically about a wolf who is less then intelligent. Lyall means wolf.

• Well good morning to you Dragon I'm doing good I actually just finished drawing Mary so I will be posting that when I get back to my dorm and color :D how are you doing?

Hello, hello, creative storytellers. How's everyone doing on this fine morning? (if it's afternoon or evening where you live, then consider it a very late morning XD)

• I made that one up, out of the blue.

Things are falling apart quickly! They'll bark when the cat hops. Really, where did Robby learn that line? XD Imagining the en

• It's cold in Baltimore, so cold that I don't even want to get out of my bed.. And theres a snow storm on the way..

Winter at its prime.

Hello, hello, creative storytellers. How's everyone doing on this fine morning? (if it's afternoon or evening where you live, then consider it a very late morning XD)

• Kinda wish I had that snowstorm :P

MasterStone posted: »

It's cold in Baltimore, so cold that I don't even want to get out of my bed.. And theres a snow storm on the way.. Winter at its prime.

• Here is little Mary, I really like how this drawing went! Hope you enjoy, now all that's left for now is Luke! :D

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.