Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Whelp. The time in which I saw this, it happens to be 2:23 PM! Just got home from school, got some chores to do, and some studying because I still have 3 more exams. (Today was a delayed opening, but we just went through our normal class schedule instead of testing.) All is pretty well, getting my life in order and such :) Thanks for asking! And how about you?

Hello, hello, creative storytellers. How's everyone doing on this fine morning? (if it's afternoon or evening where you live, then consider it a very late morning XD)

• You do that man ;D It was snowmageddon over here, and they said it would be a foot, and we got maybe six inches lol XD

pudding_pie posted: »

Oh man those cheetos sound bomb right now! xD Brewing me some coffee; its almost 7am here in my little slice of Cali heaven. (Not really; fo

• I really look forward to Luke's drawing, then I can describe him perfectly in my story :D

Tetra posted: »

Here is little Mary, I really like how this drawing went! Hope you enjoy, now all that's left for now is Luke!

• I LOVED the song you picked out :D Such a classic! I actually listened to it as I read!

I thought it'd be perfect for those two to be in that particular development stage. Ever since I remember pie writing about Lyla as a toddle

• I love random shit <3

Y'know, I do remember something since you mention a southern background. That makes it all the more awesome for me to write about then!

• I wish we had a snowmageddon here in Cali right now....:( I love the snow!

EMMYPESS posted: »

You do that man ;D It was snowmageddon over here, and they said it would be a foot, and we got maybe six inches lol XD

• You and me both bro :(

I wish we had a snowmageddon here in Cali right now....:( I love the snow!

• The knife inccident took place WAY before the whole BS with the CM; Georgie didn't know John OR anything in regards to Lyla. The knife, (I'll explain more) is magical; it sensed Georgie's touch, Grens presence and combined the two without them knowing. MAKING Georgie decision to take the second chance all more easier. (Would Georgie Porgie have REALLY listened, if not for the knife?) Think about it; Georgie is stubborn, hard-headed and would never take an offer like that. The knife, plus Hope's words, made Georgie really wish to take that chance.

The fates only know bits and pieces of their lives; same with those that know of some from what is told. It's up to THAT person to TAKE what has been told and create the lives meant for them; sometimes its good and others times not so much. Emily, for example, was almost a bad case. She was told ONLY that she'd be the next Georgie Porgie; no one explained to her OR her parents what this meant. They all assumed she'd be like her father. Emily thought that was too cool at the time.

As an adult, however, it began to take its toll on the young woman; Vivian, being her guardian, had one shot to steer Emily on the RIGHT path. She KNEW about Emily's future because of that knife...it had, as she said, an invisible thread between Gren and Emily. If Georgie HAD not taken the second chance, well....that's a whole other story....

JJwolf posted: »

So, pretty much if Georgie had never agreed to change his life, Jersey, Mary, Gren, Johann, Lyla, etc would have been affected in ways no on

• I will probably post it tomorrow, I gotta fix his hands they look awful XD

HazzatheMan posted: »

I really look forward to Luke's drawing, then I can describe him perfectly in my story

• Hw cute is she! ^.^ I can't wait for Luke now! Great work, man!

Here is little Mary, I really like how this drawing went! Hope you enjoy, now all that's left for now is Luke!

• edited January 2015

The grieving process is necessary for advancement. At least, that's what Ash read in one of her books in Contemporary Living classes at school. She clutched her sister's make-up bag in her hands, standing in the bathroom doorway as she sat on the porcelain sink top to look closely in the mirror. She was trying to use her waterproof mascara, but the bottle was nearly out. Ash placed it next to her and stepped back some.

"I..." Scarlett said. "I still can't believe it, is all."

"Me either." Ash said. She wasn't in the mood for giving answers longer than a few words. She folded her fingers together and stared as her sister opened the bag, shuffling through it to find a new thing of mascara. Ash had never been big on make-up, only occasionally wearing it for a wedding ceremony or something. She found it quite odd that people especially wore it for things like funerals.

"I'm going to have to borrow one of Mom's dresses. I haven't got any that I can feed Charlotte in easily," Scar trailed off. This was what she did to distract herself. She talked about meaningless things. Ash just nodded with approval. The shower in the bathroom had turned off, and Elora poked her head out slowly.

"Oh, you guys are still in here..." She said softly. Ever since they'd found out about the death only a few days ago, her eager demeanor had gone much more timid than usual. She stepped out, wrapping a towel around her soaking body, and took another towel to dry her reddish brown hair. It curled at the nape of her neck and stuck to her, still quite soaked. Ash pulled the hairdryer from out of a bin of hair supplies, plugging it in to the outlet on the wall.

"I'll do your hair, if you want," Scarlett offered as she finished pressing the lipstick across her lips.

"I'm fine," Ash said. "How about you, El?"

"I wouldn't mind if you did my hair," Elora murmured. She was strapping her bra on as she stepped over, and pulled the stool out from the corner of the bathroom. "Don't make it too flashy, please."

"That's not a problem," Scarlett said. She got down from the counter and flipped the switch, drowning out what little quiet they had left. Ash decided she was done socializing with her sisters, and exited through the bathroom door that lead through their parents' room.

Her little brothers and sisters were all currently napping. They would be watched mainly by Ash's father Tim, and a few other brave individuals. The babies were fun to play with, but when you have to clean the poop out of their furry bums, it was a whole different story. Ash saw out of the corner of her eye, little white fangs shining in the darkness.

Despite the pain she was feeling, she couldn't help but smile. Her head turned softly, and she saw little Franklin, standing in the doorway, with a comic in his hand. He had such big eyes for someone so young looking. The closer she got, she realized how long it had been since the last time they saw each other. He was growing like a weed, his head now up to her shoulder. She patted it, like she always did, and then took the book from his hands quicker than he could react.

"Hey!" Franklin said. "You didn't ask!"

Ash chuckled softly. She would have felt disrespectful if the laugh was any louder. "So? I thought you were my boyfriend, boyfriends are supposed to let their girlfriends do whatever they want."

"Not-uh, I thought you said that we were just friends for now and no, you can't just take my book it's mine!"

Ash had a tendency to forget how strong the vampire child was. He pulled on her arm, which was high in the air with the book in it. She was taken by surprise as his hands ripped the book from hers, and he tucked it under his armpit with satisfaction.

"Wow, cranky are we?" She asked him.

"Shut up, you wouldn't understand." Franklin grumbled, with an edge of hesitation in his voice.

Ash stood breathless for a moment, staring at him as he turned around and began walking away from her. She followed him pretty easily, down the long halls of her house and to the fairly empty library. He must have known she was following him, because he didn't slam the doors directly behind him. She watched as he took a seat at the desk and opened up to the page he was on. It was a whole volume of The Walking Dead, one of Ash's favorite comics. But she'd read the one he had already. She had read them all, really.

Propping her feet up on an ottoman, She watched him. Watched as he mouthed the words he read. The way his eyes seemed to flash brighter in certain scenes, when he found things out. When people died. She felt herself blushing, like a complete idiot. He was a kid. She would be an adult soon. But still, he was still hers. She still loved him, even if it would be a long time before they could be together, for real. She was okay with just being best friends for now. Completely okay with it. But a worried voice in the back of her head told her that she should at least tell him. What if he didn't like her that way in the future? All this waiting would have been for nothing. She sighed softly, covering her face with her hands.

"Are you okay?" Franklin's voice cut the silence. He was looking directly at her, his eyes so bright that it illuminated the skin around them.

She hadn't realized it, but she was crying. Blinking a few times, she rubbed the wetness from her face. "I'm fine."

"You're not," He said. "You're crying."

"I know," She said defensively. "Captain obvious."

Franklin pressed his lips together. For a kid, he was incredibly mature. Must have to do with being raised by age old adults. Rules, manners, and force could do that to a kid. He dog-eared the page he was on, which normally he actually hated to do, and shut his book. He stood from his seat and walked around, sitting on the ottoman that Ash had her feet on.

He placed his little hand on her ankle and looked at her. "I...felt the same way you do, when my dad died."

She met his eyes again, unsure of whether she should comment to that. She stared, and he went on.

"Maybe to a bigger degree," He said. "I was really angry. And I didn't really hate him. Not deep down. But I knew that he didn't always think rationally. His worst decision was to join William's ranks. William used people to get what he wanted. He used my father. It's what made me, really."

"I don't understand..." Ash murmured. More tears escaped her.

Franklin sighed. "I know more than I should, I guess. My dad originally created me for William's purposes. But, after he met my mother, after she had me and died....something clicked, I guess, and he actually loved me. Of course, we would be separated for months at a time, as he was doing hasty business with William. That's why-" Franklin's voice squeaked. That was odd, Ashlyn thought. "-I wasn't there with them. That's why I was also taken, when your aunt was. I was also a tool he was planning to use. I was...bred...to..." He trailed off, looking down at his hands. "I'm growing fast, Ashlyn."

He normally didn't call her by her full first name. And now that he'd mentioned it, she truly noticed it. He was supposed to be seven or eight, and right now, he looked almost twelve. She felt a shiver of curiosity and fear draw over herself. "...How?"

Franklin shook his head. "I...don't know...I wasn't conscious for most of the experimentation. He....kept telling me that I still wasn't old enough, but he was doing something to speed the process. I didn't know what it meant, but now..."

"But now the effects are taking hold," She whispered. She was no longer crying. Her hands grabbed his, and she felt his fingers. "Franklin, it's okay...."

He looked away from her, his cheeks blushing. "I don't know what to think anymore. You're the only person I ever told. Soon people will start wondering, if they haven't already-" He broke off, rubbing his eyes with his fingers.

Ash felt her heart drop. He looked so troubled, so sad. Franklin was afraid that his childhood was diminishing far too fast, as if it already hadn't been shortened enough. He was growing up faster than he could accept it. "I'm sorry."

"So am I," He said. His voice had squeaked again. Adolescence. That's what it was.

Ashlyn kissed his cheek, very softly, and then hugged the boy. They both wept.

Tying some loose ends I left loose in the past, that I almost forgot about :L My bad. But it has relevence now! I actually never had a solid reason why William was also interested in taking Franklin in. It was much more secretive, and Therese didn't know shit, lol. Ashlyn has a similar relationship (sort of) that Pie's Mary has with Junior. But still, it's got it's differences (As you can see ^-^) The two are very close, and one day, they'll be even closer. Hope you like it!

• Are you drawing him in his true form or his human form?

I will probably post it tomorrow, I gotta fix his hands they look awful XD

• Ugh....right in the feels, man! Poor Robert :( I'm so sorry, man! At least things get a little better down the road, for the most part.

Alt text

"I keep your photograph and know it serves me well. I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away. Because I'm broken, when I'm loneseome a

• edited January 2015

For now I am drawing him in his human form with ice properties, I will draw his true form a little later. ;)

Are you drawing him in his true form or his human form?

• Thanks Pudding :D Right now I'm putting on a few changes and then all I have to do is color him and he's done! :D

Hw cute is she! ^.^ I can't wait for Luke now! Great work, man!

• Do said properties of fire, ice and electricity change his appearance much?

Like with ice is his hair/clothes white? That sort of thing :P

For now I am drawing him in his human form with ice properties, I will draw his true form a little later.

• Nope the only thing appearance wise that changes is his hair, eyes, and hands the rest of his body is unchanged.

Do said properties of fire, ice and electricity change his appearance much? Like with ice is his hair/clothes white? That sort of thing :P

• So fire, ice and electricity has red hair, white hair and blonde hair respectively?

What is his 'normal' hair colour?

Nope the only thing appearance wise that changes is his hair, eyes, and hands the rest of his body is unchanged.

• Actually I use light blue for ice, because his normal hair color is white.

So fire, ice and electricity has red hair, white hair and blonde hair respectively? What is his 'normal' hair colour?

• because his normal hair color is white

I suspected as such weirdly enough :P

So what moods denote his element? Is he angry for fire etc.

Actually I use light blue for ice, because his normal hair color is white.

• Nice! (I'll comment on it later) Earlier this morning, I was working on another drawing too - it should be done in a few days or less on my end. :P

I'm doing pretty good, how about you?

Well good morning to you Dragon I'm doing good I actually just finished drawing Mary so I will be posting that when I get back to my dorm and color how are you doing?

• Damn, well, hopefully you won't have a busy schedule on your hands whenever the possible snowstorm takes effect.

MasterStone posted: »

It's cold in Baltimore, so cold that I don't even want to get out of my bed.. And theres a snow storm on the way.. Winter at its prime.

• I'm glad you loved it. ^_^

I LOVED the song you picked out Such a classic! I actually listened to it as I read!

• If he is angry before the fight fire, excited electricity, and if he doesn't care ice.

because his normal hair color is white I suspected as such weirdly enough :P So what moods denote his element? Is he angry for fire etc.

• Ugh I hate the cold, pie! With the misses on that! You and ur talk of snow and fog...

I LOVE the fog and cold. The misses hates it. lol Oh man....I used to eat that crap ALL the time in my earlier years.

• Oh nice! Can't wait to see it! I'm doing quite well classes aren't all that bad this time around but I'm still being cautious about them. Also I'm probably going to finish this run of the binding of Isaac and write another chapter before I study :D

Nice! (I'll comment on it later) Earlier this morning, I was working on another drawing too - it should be done in a few days or less on my end. :P I'm doing pretty good, how about you?

• The salt trucks are already on patrol.

Damn, well, hopefully you won't have a busy schedule on your hands whenever the possible snowstorm takes effect.

• Dazzling Smile

That day in Makotos head he was in the Velvet room.

"Ah I see you have awoken to your power, that of the wild card. Or as we in the Velvet Room call it the fool." Igor said "Your power is like the number zero, empty yet has infinite potential. We've had many residents with this power, such as your father and his best friend. But there was one who outshine them all." He stopped and took a breath. "But before I tell you I want to introduce my assistant here." He pointed to the woman sitting in the chair.

"Hello, my name is Sera." She said "I will assist you as much as I can."

Makoto nodded, he still couldn't speak.

"Now on to the story." Igor said "There was a boy who has the same name as you who gave up his soul to become the great seal. He holds back the multiple beings who can end not only the earth but the universe in itself, in a snap. Thus to combat them his true arcana is the universe. But his soul can only last so long, now there is one rampant. That would be your father Luke who wants to kill everything and rule with an iron fist. Maybe you are a reincarnation of the boy who saved everyone and you in turn will help him too." Igor said. "I know you must have a lot of questions but I have kept you here far too long it is time for you to awaken once more." He smiled and snapped his fingers, Makotos head began to hurt and fell unconscious.

The next day

Makoto woke up with Celeste sleeping next to him. He tried to sit up, there were bandages on his body and could hear voices downstairs.

"Is he going to be okay?" Snow asked

"Yes Snow he's perfectly fine." A man's voice rang but Makoto didn't know who it was.

Makoto could hear Mary's voice "I hope he wakes up soon." She said in a worried voice.

"He will Mary he's a tough one." Makoto heard Dewitt say.

Celeste sat up and looked at him with tired eyes. "Hey you need your rest sleep." She said putting her arms around him and layed him back down to rest. But she came to a realization that he was actually awake. "Oh my gosh I'm sorry! Did I hurt you? Are you okay?"It's as if she was panicking

Makoto laughed "I'm perfectly fine, are you okay?"

She slapped him on the shoulder "It's not funny! You had us all worried sick! I thought you were going to die! Next time you do that I'll slap you in the face next time." She said hugging him.

"I'm fine Celeste it's okay." Makoto smiled hugging her back.

Mary must have super hearing because she busted in the room and joined in on the group hug. But after she slapped Makotos chest.

"Why is everyone slapping me!" Makoto laughed.

"Because you promised you'd be safe and you barely lasted a day!" Mary said

"I'm sorry Mary, how can I make it up to you?" Makoto asked.

"I want you and her to spend time with me and Dewitt!" Mary said crossing her arms

"Oh such a cruel punishment your majesty!" Makoto joked around.

Celeste laughed but wondered where he got this sense of humor and happiness. Mary giggled along as well.

Makoto got up out of bed, his body felt lighter and he felt energized to the point he could run as many marathons as he wanted to.

"Hey take it easy okay?" Celeste said "We don't need you to collapse again."

At this point everyone came in. Snow rushed over and gave him a hug.

"Don't you do that to me again! I already lost a sister I don't need to lose another family member!"

"Sorry I didn't know that was going to happen." He said

Clara nodded in his direction as if she was saying "Good to see you well."

Dewitt walked over to Makoto, he started apologizing. To which Makoto would tell him it's alright and it's not his fault over and over again. After everyone said their hellos he got dressed and went downstairs where Mary had cooked him breakfast while he was getting ready.

"Mary is a fantastic cook!" Celeste said looking at Makoto.

He nodded in agreement as he ate his food. It was a simple egg with toast but there was something to it that made it taste really good, but he didn't know what. After breakfast Snow explained to Makoto that his father would be coming in two years and it would be up to him and Celeste to stop them if they wanted to.

"He's a dead man." Makoto said

"Well he is death so yeah you're right." Clara said

Makoto chuckled "You know what I mean."

"Glad you have the resolve to do this then." Clara said annoyed.

Makoto wondered what was on her mind but decided to leave it be. He decided to spend time with Mary and Dewitt while they were here. He would've talked with Snow but she had to call Bigby to check in.

They decided to go outside for the day.

"So how have you guys been?" Makoto smiled

"I'm going to be going to school again soon!" Mary sounded excited.

Makoto was confused so he asked what school was, Mary was shocked he never went to school and that he was taught by Snow and Bigby when they.

"I've been doing good." Dewitt said "Trying to be a bit more positive and spend more family time with Mary." He smiled

"That's good, remember that things happen. You just gotta move on." Makoto said

Celeste nodded in agreement. "I normally do that too, but whenever I start Makoto tells me to stop in my tracks and forget about it when he's already told me it's okay."

They talked for a bit like how Makoto and Celeste met, although they had to make up part of the story because who would believe that they have been killed at some point as well. Dewitt looked fascinated and Mary says she is okay with Makoto dating Celeste, which for some reason Makoto didn't know why made Celeste blush. They talked for hours and by the time it was dark it was back to Fabletown with them all. Tomorrow marked the second day of what could be the fall.

That's it! Hope you enjoyed this one! Any questions or comments or anything else let me know! :D

• I was wondering if you'd be doing anything in regards to Franklin; I love that little rascal and it seems so does Ash. ^.^

Ashlyn has a similar relationship (sort of) that Pie's Mary has with Junior

DAAAW! With that being said, I'm looking forward to it; I recall telling my fiancee the idea with Mary & Junior and it sort of freaked her out; only because he was a kid but after explaining, she was like :D I think the idea of Ash and a young Franklin connected like the are is a marvelous idea.

Ash felt her heart drop. He looked so troubled, so sad. Franklin was afraid that his childhood was diminishing far too fast, as if it already hadn't been shortened enough. He was growing up faster than he could accept it. "I'm sorry."

Oh man. Franklin is adorable. I can't wait to see where this goes. Also, hope all the tests and studying is going great. :)

The grieving process is necessary for advancement. At least, that's what Ash read in one of her books in Contemporary Living classes at scho

• Georgie Porgie and my Fable Lyla. Beside them, their grandchildren Viviana (floating in the sky) Seraphina on the left, Liam on Gren's shoulder and little miss Chloe; Gren sure is having one hell of a time with his quads. ^.^ <3

Alt text
    Alt text

All because two people fell in love. :)

• I just read this: just how much hours of sleep do you usually get? :O (if you don't mind answering)

They usually come in fry style; if they made a crisp, however, pie has yet to discover this! I'm always up at the crack of dawn; little sle

• edited January 2015

Happy late morning to you regardless. XD

I'm sure you've mentioned this already - but refresh my memory again. Are you an Honors student or something? 'Cause they've got you guys taking a butt-load of exams if that's the case.

And no problem, haha, I'm doing quite well myself now that I'm home again after a nice drive! Thank you for asking!

Whelp. The time in which I saw this, it happens to be 2:23 PM! Just got home from school, got some chores to do, and some studying because I

• If you're going to be cautious, just don't become paranoid because of it. :P

Nice choice of game too, never played it myself but I heard it was pretty fun for an oddly-disturbing game.

Oh nice! Can't wait to see it! I'm doing quite well classes aren't all that bad this time around but I'm still being cautious about them. Also I'm probably going to finish this run of the binding of Isaac and write another chapter before I study

• I love that saying, pie. :) Because two people fell in love, we are at this moment. Georgie & Lyla with their children and now each have their lives families. :) I love those pictures! I adore Lyla and Georgie; their love for one another can clearly be seen here. Also, neat you took off the hat. And poor Gren!

I love those babies!!! So flipping cute! Damn, Chloe does look just like mom! :D great job, dude!

Georgie Porgie and my Fable Lyla. Beside them, their grandchildren Viviana (floating in the sky) Seraphina on the left, Liam on Gren's shoul

• Scratch what I said about DeWitt earlier: Mary and Celeste are the most kawaii people I have seen involving your cast of characters. ;)

• Short, sweet, and sour all in the same package. :(

"I keep your photograph and know it serves me well. I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away. Because I'm broken, when I'm loneseome a

• Haha I won't. :D

It's very interesting and on the odd-o meter it's up on the okay.....I'm just going to forget about this one until I play it again.... it is that weird XD

If you're going to be cautious, just don't become paranoid because of it. :P Nice choice of game too, never played it myself but I heard it was pretty fun for an oddly-disturbing game.

• Aw poor Dewitt XD but hey good for Mary and Celeste! :D

Scratch what I said about DeWitt earlier: Mary and Celeste are the most kawaii people I have seen involving your cast of characters.

• Doesn't care? lol :P

If he is angry before the fight fire, excited electricity, and if he doesn't care ice.

• Yeah, for example: if he gets pushed into a fight with someone but generally has no interest of the outcome or who it is, he will then use ice properties.

Doesn't care? lol :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.