Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Fair enough :P

Tetra posted: »

Yeah, for example: if he gets pushed into a fight with someone but generally has no interest of the outcome or who it is, he will then use ice properties.

• It varies; if I'm lucky, five or six but lately it's been more like four, less or none at all. :P I've been doing this for YEARS, though. Now with a newborn, sleep is the LAST thing on my list. :) That's what coffee and Monster Energy drinks are for.

I just read this: just how much hours of sleep do you usually get? :O (if you don't mind answering)

• I like that saying, too. Heard it from a song and it stuck. Yup; all because Lyla and Georgie came together, we had the quads, twins and little RJ. Each have had their tale (I'm leaving RJ entirely up to you, considering he is YOUR OC)

I love these babies so much, too! <3 When Chloe is not in Wolf form, she took after Emily. :3

JJwolf posted: »

I love that saying, pie. Because two people fell in love, we are at this moment. Georgie & Lyla with their children and now each have t

• Nope, I'm regular college prep :/ Everyone takes the same amount, but it was stretched over a day because of the snow. It was worst last year, it literally took 3 weeks to get all exams done because of snowstorm after snowstorm. I have 8 classes on my roster, but I only take exams in 7 of them because gym :P Plus, with block scheduling, it's also a little different.

Happy really really late morning for you (Considering this reply is a day later) I'm home early because of exams though, so it's 11:36 now. Still technically morning ;)

Happy late morning to you regardless. XD I'm sure you've mentioned this already - but refresh my memory again. Are you an Honors student

• Franklin is a favorite of mine that I didn't ever intend on keeping around for long originally. Him and Ash grew on me fairly quickly, and the idea of them being together sparked, and probably only because of reading your story about Mary and Junior did it happen :D Glad you're looking forward to the future as much as I am XD

I have my two worst subjects tomorrow, and it's also the last of my testing (Thank the Lord) and so then I just have to do my science fair (haha due Monday even though I was given two months to do it #procrastination) But that'll take only a little bit of time, plus my friend is coming over and we're helping with each other's labs and then chilling for the rest of the weekend so yeah! Also got a blood drive at school coming up, have to sign up ^-^ I earn a point in NHS every time I donate blood (So guess whose donating blood every time we have a school blood drive? lol) I need 12 points to graduate with NHS and so far I have 1 XD

pudding_pie posted: »

I was wondering if you'd be doing anything in regards to Franklin; I love that little rascal and it seems so does Ash. ^.^ Ashlyn has

• edited January 2015

THE FEELS! I love how you drew Georgie and Lyla, they are literally one of my favorite couples on here! And the girls! (And Liam!) Are so adorable! Gren doesn't know how much trouble he's gotten himself into XD I think Seraphina and Viv are my favorites :D

EDIT: I don't know if this is physically possible (But who am I to doubt your creative capabilities) but maybe you should do a giant Family Tree, starting with Georgie and Lyla (Or you could start with the parents) I've tried to do a tree for my own characters multiple times, but I haven't taken it as seriously so it's a scrawled mess XD I should consider doing it! That'd be cool, seeing all the names, all the children, aunt's, and uncles, and cousins! Totally up to you, of course! It would be pretty cool!

Georgie Porgie and my Fable Lyla. Beside them, their grandchildren Viviana (floating in the sky) Seraphina on the left, Liam on Gren's shoul

• edited January 2015

Don't you just love those characters that were only meant to be more than a filler, then end up being your best and most favorite character? Knowing Junior and Mary had SOME influence, makes me happy to hear. :) I'm excited for what's to come. :3

Also, in regards to those tests, good luck with them all. I know you guys have a snowstorm; not sure how that effects the testing and what not but from previous comments, you're doing really well. Not sure if anyone has told you but you are one smart cookie! xD Congrats again! And donate as much as you can; goes to a good cause AND it helps with school! I try to donate blood when its available. :)

EMMYPESS posted: »

Franklin is a favorite of mine that I didn't ever intend on keeping around for long originally. Him and Ash grew on me fairly quickly, and t

• edited January 2015

Well, I'm pleased to hear you enjoy my Lyla & Georgie; they two will be pleased to know a lot of people support them in the end. :3 Seraphina and Viv are also my two favorites from Gren & Emily but I love all the babies. :) Gren thought he knew what to expect but he's with Emily Porgie....it changes like the wind in the air with this one. xD You start to grow on them.

AND what's funny 'bout this, EMMY, is I actually HAVE begun to create a family tree. I started off with John and Nancy and working my way down; going to cover the kids, their kids and then some. Can't wait to share it.

EMMYPESS posted: »

THE FEELS! I love how you drew Georgie and Lyla, they are literally one of my favorite couples on here! And the girls! (And Liam!) Are so ad

• Grabs chest. My feelings Pudding! XD Georgia without his bowler cap took me by surprise but I like it! Gren seems to really have his hands full with those kids :D Always awesome to see your pictures! :)

Georgie Porgie and my Fable Lyla. Beside them, their grandchildren Viviana (floating in the sky) Seraphina on the left, Liam on Gren's shoul

• playing him like a violin and a complex melody

That's a really good analogy! I didn't know about Moon Moon, however, Bradwr and Lyall's banter was still very amusing, and I think you're writing for this chapter was some of the funniest so far. :)

I'm intrigued what the interaction with Scarlett could be that isn't REVENGE!!!, because Scarlett really likes to do a lot of that, or just be a bit touchy. You can't help but like her though. :P

Bloody-Mary posted: »

Cat and Mouse Part Four Falling into place Jersey slammed his hands on what was once The Crooked man's desk, he, Dee, and Dum sort

• I've got to say, I'm impressed by it.

MasterStone posted: »

I made that one up, out of the blue.

• She seems just like how you've described her in your tales. :) Her posture is very well done, too! I'm wondering if you'll be drawing Luke in the suit he now wears as Death, but it'll be fun to see him even if he's wearing something else!

Here is little Mary, I really like how this drawing went! Hope you enjoy, now all that's left for now is Luke!

• Here is Luke, Death himself walks the earth once more except he has bigger plans this time. With hair color changing properties he can call upon elements in his hands to fight depending on his mood and hair, in hand to hand combat. But when he needs his full strength is when he takes his true form which I will be drawing at some point. I hope you guys like it! :D

Alt text

• Thanks Lupine! :D the posture took forever but when I finally got it, it was definitely worth the time spent! At first I'm drawing him in his human appearance when he has ice blue hair and ice properties, then at some point he will come back but when he appears as death. :)

LupineNoir posted: »

She seems just like how you've described her in your tales. Her posture is very well done, too! I'm wondering if you'll be drawing Luke in the suit he now wears as Death, but it'll be fun to see him even if he's wearing something else!

• Wonderful to see everyone so happy. :) Well, Gren looks slightly stressed, but he'll be happy too.

• That's pretty cool :P

I can get a good idea of what he looks like now :D

Here is Luke, Death himself walks the earth once more except he has bigger plans this time. With hair color changing properties he can call

• The time definitely paid off. :) Ahh, I'll have to look forward to seeing him as Death, but I think I've just seen your drawing of him with his ice properties, so I'll probably speak to you over there!

Thanks Lupine! the posture took forever but when I finally got it, it was definitely worth the time spent! At first I'm drawing him in his

• Why thank you Hazza :D

HazzatheMan posted: »

That's pretty cool :P I can get a good idea of what he looks like now

• Aha, now we're over here! xD (Which will totally not make sense if you haven't read my reply to your reply, and might not make that much sense regardless :P) Anyway, he looks dapper in that suit, and we can all relate to face-palming about the Mundane world. xD His colour changing hair always was a curious characteristic, and I like how you've made his and Makoto's hair and looks somewhat similar, to show their relation. You're on fine drawing form, Tetra!

Here is Luke, Death himself walks the earth once more except he has bigger plans this time. With hair color changing properties he can call

• Hahaha! Don't worry I got it ;) I don't know why but I always loved suits so I thought I'd give him an unbuttoned suit, ah yes the Mundane world is so troublesome XD Wait till you see Makoto grow his hair out more as the story progresses they may look a little different then ;) Thanks Lupine! I never knew how awesome it is to draw characters until I started to draw myself XD

Aha, now we're over here! xD (Which will totally not make sense if you haven't read my reply to your reply, and might not make that much sen

• That hair doesn't look short though...

I'll have fun with his character that's for sure XD

Why thank you Hazza

• Yeah lol that's kinda my fault XD I'm not used to drawing bigger pictures yet which is why it's small and looks like long hair sorry XD I don't know whether I should find that as a good thing or not XD

That hair doesn't look short though... I'll have fun with his character that's for sure XD

• Oh Luke will be a very fun character to write into my story dude :)

I promise that nothing bad will happen to him (he's Death itself, how do you possibly make something bad happen to him? :P)

Yeah lol that's kinda my fault XD I'm not used to drawing bigger pictures yet which is why it's small and looks like long hair sorry XD I don't know whether I should find that as a good thing or not XD

• You raise a very good point! Can't wait to see what you do with him! Other than the minor things you told me.

Oh Luke will be a very fun character to write into my story dude I promise that nothing bad will happen to him (he's Death itself, how do you possibly make something bad happen to him? :P)

• edited January 2015

Although I could have Luke shed manly tears cuz Death stole all the souls XP

You raise a very good point! Can't wait to see what you do with him! Other than the minor things you told me.

• edited January 2015

I can already see Luke crying very manly tears and complain about it afterwards XD

Although I could have Luke shed manly tears cuz Death stole all the souls XP

• Lol manky tears :P

That comment next to him though... Is Luke anti-Mundy or something?

I can already see Luke crying very manly tears and complain about it afterwards XD

• Stupid tablet XD will have to change it. Not at first but he will slowly become one.

Lol manky tears :P That comment next to him though... Is Luke anti-Mundy or something?

• So he despises the Mundane world right?

Nick'll be his best friend then in my story :D

I REALLY have to write a one-shot meeting between Death and Luke now, the awkwardness would be perfect!!

Stupid tablet XD will have to change it. Not at first but he will slowly become one.

• Yes he hates the mundane world :D

That's good to know!

Dude it would be awesome! :D

So he despises the Mundane world right? Nick'll be his best friend then in my story I REALLY have to write a one-shot meeting between Death and Luke now, the awkwardness would be perfect!!

• Shame that Luke's appearance is in a paradox timeline in my story (a timeline where the Horsemen don't exist, more on that later) so Luke IS Death in this timeline, Nick is a 'being that should not exist'...

But I might start posting one-shots on this thread; I have one one-shot idea which is Snow's private grieving after Bigby and Darien's deaths...

Yes he hates the mundane world That's good to know! Dude it would be awesome!

• I wanted to draw him without it; I know he can't wear it ALL the time and this was an excuse to do so. :3 And Gren should've known more or less what je was getting into when he began seeing Emily but he wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Grabs chest. My feelings Pudding! XD Georgia without his bowler cap took me by surprise but I like it! Gren seems to really have his hands full with those kids Always awesome to see your pictures!

• Me too. I like to see and hear about happy people. Too much ugly in this world. Gren is happy; hands are full with the quads but he loves every moment of it. :3

Wonderful to see everyone so happy. Well, Gren looks slightly stressed, but he'll be happy too.

• I love the suit, the facepalm against the mundane world and that hair man! It's nice to see your characters (or anyone else) with a picture and tied to them from the stories. :3 You've done yet a fantastic drawing of your OC. Great work and here is to (hopefully) seeing more.

• Thanks pudding I will definitely be doing a lot more drawings! :D

I love the suit, the facepalm against the mundane world and that hair man! It's nice to see your characters (or anyone else) with a picture

• "Say asshole, Seraphina. Say asshole..."

Bella, one of Katie and Jersey's daughters, holds up her baby cousin. Seraphina sucks on her fingers, smiling a toothless grin. Her cheeks become full and red as Bella continues to speak. The other babies play among the other girls. Little Liam, Gianna and Alice sit at the banks of the pond and splash against the water. They roll their pant legs up and stick their toes in the cold water.

Chloe, now in her human form, rolls along the tall grass, chews on a flower petal and tries to crawl after Sarah and Georgia. Viviana was not too far, soaring along the winds and semi-blue skies. Behind her, cousins Madeline, Hannah and Willow playfully dive among the clouds. Their wings pierce the open air as the girls fly with the birds and escape past the towering branches.

Emily and Katie sit in the kitchen, looking out the windows. In their hands, the women hold a cup of hot tea with a splash of honey and lemon wedge. Gren and Jersey can be seen not too far from the children; both lean against the old wooden fence post, drinking their sodas and smoking cigarettes. Vivian and Sunflower sit in the other room. Sunflower wasn't too sure if he should strike a conversation with the invisible Fable. He'd feel foolish, considering there was no telling if she could actually respond. He left it alone at that and waited with restraint.

Emily sighs. "I don't know woot ta' do with this, Katie."

"There is nothing you CAN do, Emily. All you can is be there for him and a shoulder he can lean on."

"It's just so bloody sudden though. Like, why the fook would he seek Gren out now?"

"People tend to seek others out in their time of need. He must not have very many left that want something to do with him. Robert, Gren and their other brother...Isaiah, was it...are his only surviving family members."

Emily sips from her cup. Even as a child, they rarely dared to ask Gren about his family. No one in Fabletown did. They all knew about the Mead hall, the fight with Beowulf but nothing more. Several times it was brought up and Gren lost all self control. It frightened Emily to see her beloved friend become so inraged and full of hate; to see his flaring nostrils, skin change into its true color, finger nails slightly extend to resemble claws and the look in his eye-the look of determination-always sent her into hiding. Since those very close encounters, no one ever brought it up.

But now as an adult, in a relationship with him and now mother to his children, the curiosity Emily had about Gren's past grew and intensified with every passing day. Their children would eventually ask and was he to ignore their questions with silence as his answer? Perhaps Thomas' sudden apperance was both a blessing and a curse.

"When he's ready I bloody guess he'll tell me...."

"Whatever you say, sis. This whole secret bullshit he has going on is old, too. Remember when dad did that to us?"

"Do I eva', Katie. But I doubt Gren's past is ANYTHING like dad's was."

"For the sake of him, you and those babies I hope not. I can see why dad held it back for so long. Remember how Junior reacted when he FINALLY told us? Penelope? You...."

Emily could see it all; mom and dad sitting at the kitchen table and all the kids surrounding them. They could tell their father had been crying. The swollen skin beneath his eyes and red indicated it was recent, too. When he finally explained his past; the horrible, vile, diisgusting truth, there was not a dry eye in the room. Emily could still hear the screams, the many 'whys' and 'what the fuck.' Peter slamming his fist into the wall, Katie vommiting into the sink and Junior breaking down into tears. Then, there was Penelope; eyes teary, mouth gaping and concern upon her face.

"I do..."

"Maybe Gren is not ready yet, Emily. Talk to Thomas if he DOES come back. Slowly open up doors that have been bolted shut for centuries."

Emily nods with agreement. Although she desperatly wanted to dive into Gren's world, she knew there was a possibility of drowining in the sea of uncertainty. Was she really prepared for Gren's past? The estranged relationship he had with his father? The story behind his mother and her sacrifice to save his life?

"I hope Thomas comes back, Katie." Emily plays with the spoon. "I really want him ta' be a part of their lives..."

"For the sake of those babies, me too. It will be alright, Emily." Katie looks towards the living room. "So, Vivian, huh?"

"Yeah...I mean, ya' all KNEW she was here but-"

"Well, after that whole thing with Peter and she reversed the time, I was certain she was gone..."

"Nope. Neva' left me side."

"Guess it was for the best, Emily. I can't imagine what would have happened to you-"

"Stop." Emily's voice was demanding. "Because I fookin' KNOW woot would 'ave happened ta' me..."

Katie breaks down into tears. "You were found in the gutters, Emily. Beaten beyond recognition. They had to call mom and dad in to verify...I've never heard dad scream like that before, Emily. My God. I can hear it now. And Gren...Gren..."

Since her fate changed drastically, Emily was allowed to view what WOULD have happened. Vivian was there beside her when it was being shown. Vivian had to turn away and cry. Indeed, there Emily was: bruised, bleeding and alone in a dark, murky alley. A homeless man was the one to have found her; Swineheart arrived and could be seen shaking his head. A thin, white sheet covered Emily's body; the image went from the streets to the Morgue, where she could see her family. Lyla being held back by John and Nancy; Georgie grabbing his deceased daughter's hand and screaming. Painful, horrific screams and begging to take him instead.

Then, it flashed and showed Gren, sitting at the foot of the bed. He held a single picture of Emily in one and his fourth bottle of Jack Daniel's in the other. Tears stained the photo. A sad country song played in the back. The lyrics sent Emily into a sudden panic attack. Her heart raced and tears rolled down her face.

"He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger. And finally drank away her memories. Life is short but this time it was bigger, than the strength he had to get up off his knees. We found him with his face down in the pillow, with a note that said I'll love her 'till I die...we buried him beneath the Willow, while the angels sang a Whiskey Lullaby..."

Emily, although had Vivian beside her, could not prepare herself for what was to come. Gren, with a rope, made a lope above a beam not too far from the doorway. He tied it with a final knot, kissed the picture and hung himself.

Emily pats Katie's hand. "I'm betta' now, sis."

"I know, Emily. I can't remember the last time you smiled so much."

"You want me ta' get Vivian in here?"

"Sure Ems."

Although Katie could not SEE her, she sould sense the former Pudding n' Pie hostess. The air was frigid, still and eerie all at once. A brush of cool mist blew against Katie's face. Katie secretly thanked Vivian; little did she know, Vivian was already mouthing 'You're welcome.'

"Say it, Seraphina...say asshole!"

"Bella Ann, stop it!" Jersey throws the burning butt end at the water. "Don't teach your cousin those fucking words!"

Gren rolls his eyes. "Hmmm, wonder where she got THAT from?"

"Daddy says no no words all the time. Mommy yells at him and get's mad. He's always saying them, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the shop."

Gren chuckles. "I'm surprised you still have that piece of shit place."

"Eh, its something for me to do, Gren. Not like I have very many options in this shit town. Congrats on the new job, though. Hear Peter hooked you up with a sweet position as the new guard."

"He didn't have to fucking do that but...its been hard for me and not a lot of these fuckers want to hire me because of, well-"

Bella jumps in. "Papa said you used to eat people all the time."

Jersey glares at his daughter. "Well, your papa Georgie is fuckin' losing it, too. Think that Bowler hat gettin' to tight on that bald ass head of his."

Gren sighs heavily. "Sometimes I did but that was a loooooong time ago, sweetie."

Bella places the baby down. Seraphina glances up towards the sky and waves at her sister, still being chased around playfully by her cousins.

"WATCH HER!" Gren stares at the girls. "Please....I don't need Emily getting onto me again about that..."

Jersey points. "Did you ALWAYS know she could do this?"

"Not until a few fucking minutes ago. Turns invisible, too. All because of Vivian and her connection to Emily."

Jersey whistles. "Man, Vivian. Who would've fuckin' known, eh? Makes sense, though. I mean, the hair. Her flying like that."

"I don't mind. Makes her unique."

Jersey snorts. "Huh, that's an understatement."

"I love those four little rascals, Jersey. Never thought I'd be a father. Carla..she-"

"Don't even bring that fuckin' bitch up ever again, Gren! She didn't need to do that shit to you. Took it all away. Snatched that rug RIGHT under your fucking feet, pulled and laughed as you fell to the ground. Fuck her."

Gren agrees. Last he heard, Carla was happily engaged to the children's biological father. Rosie was the only one that still came around and spoke to Gren. The boys act like Gren never even existed. It hurt but that's their choice.

"Sorry, Jersey. I feel the same way..."

"Well, Emily is good to you, buddy."

"Yeah." Gren beams. "She is, isn't she?"

Seraphina kicks the air, glances at Bella and smiles. "Ashbowl....ashbowl..."

Gren and Jersey stare at the little girl. Bella giggles; although it wasn't the actual word, she was doing her best to repeat the 'no no' word. The other girls paused to giggle at their cousin. Gren snatched Seraphina up; Jersey could not contain the laughter back.

"Awww, her first word is asshole, Gren! How precious."

Gren cuddles his daughter. "Oh, no, no, baby! Don't say that. Ah fuck...her mother is going to kill-"

"Fook." Seraphina looks up at Gren. "Fook, fook..."

Great, thought Gren. another Emily.

Any questions, you know the drill. :3 Had a little time; need to take a break from the studying and what not. Have to watch a video; the topic is abuse and neglect and I'm not looking forward to it but must be done. Start on my forty page essay, too. THAT'S not due till the end of the semester but gotta plan it out now and NOT put it off like I always do. xD

• 40 page essay and a video on abuse and neglect?!

Dude... I feel for you :/

And not putting it off is a very smart move (I did that all the time and it stressed me out big time)

"Say asshole, Seraphina. Say asshole..." Bella, one of Katie and Jersey's daughters, holds up her baby cousin. Seraphina sucks on her fin

• Yup and running on 2 hours of sleep is no beuno but its all good. :) Like of a soon-to-be-graduate. They tend to throw all this BS at you RIGHT at the last minute....xD

THAT'S why I'm tackling it now. If not, hello Stressville!

40 page essay and a video on abuse and neglect?! Dude... I feel for you And not putting it off is a very smart move (I did that all the time and it stressed me out big time)

• Well good luck as always :)

Yup and running on 2 hours of sleep is no beuno but its all good. Like of a soon-to-be-graduate. They tend to throw all this BS at you RIGHT at the last minute....xD THAT'S why I'm tackling it now. If not, hello Stressville!

• Last one in regards to it throwing all those 'feels' at ya' kind folks. :3 Had to build a sort of foundation to those two. Now that its been complete, go from there. :D

Short, sweet, and sour all in the same package.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.