Does she even matter?

I finished playing Lost Lords(loved it btw). When I finished, I noticed that majority of people(including me) failed to pursue Lady Eleana into marrying Rodrik. My question is: do you think this choice will matter? Will we end up marrying her anyways in a later episode? Should I stick with the consequences or should I go back and change this?

Comments

• probably won't make much of a difference like most choices

• My question is, is it possible to win her betrothel without forging the letter?

• Yes, but you have to offer half the ironwood IIRC

My question is, is it possible to win her betrothel without forging the letter?

• I can't imagine it'll have drastic consequences since its a Telltale Game(maybe if this was the last episode...).

On that note: managed to secure the marriage myself despite not forging a letter and not knowing what choices to make. Felt good when I realized most didn't. :)

• An important corollary of your question is whether the betrothal will fall apart in later episodes, even for those who managed to secure it? This is Game of Thrones, things don't go according to plan, especially marriages.

• I think it will in terms of the upcoming battle. More men you have, the easier it will be to win it. Asher is trying to bring a army of sell swords, the marriage will bring an army of another house and there's likely more choices that will impact what you get for the upcoming armed conflict.

• Yes, I won her over without forging Margaery's letter by offering half the ironwood.

Yes, but you have to offer half the ironwood IIRC

• Yeah. I think this is more likely than the marriage happening anyway.

maimed_dan posted: »

An important corollary of your question is whether the betrothal will fall apart in later episodes, even for those who managed to secure it? This is Game of Thrones, things don't go according to plan, especially marriages.

• I think it will matter since this particular game seems to be about forging alliances. The last episode will probably consist of a finale showdown between families, with the amount of allies you have deciding how much of a loss/gain you'll take. Just because it's a Telltale game, doesn't mean it'll follow the exact same formula. Tales from Borderlands is a prime example of that.

HiroVoid posted: »

I can't imagine it'll have drastic consequences since its a Telltale Game(maybe if this was the last episode...). On that note: managed t

• Is it possible to secure the marriage without forging the letter or offering Ironwood?

• sadly, no

Is it possible to secure the marriage without forging the letter or offering Ironwood?

• Sometime I feel like by the end of the season, there won't be any more Ironwood...

Xerksis posted: »

sadly, no

• I kind of feel that that is where things are going.

It will be something like, "Yay! We won!" but there is no Ironwood left so it's just pointless.

Sometime I feel like by the end of the season, there won't be any more Ironwood...

• Alight, to all the uninformed, stop replying. You can secure the marriage by simply offering half of your forest of ironwood. The letter does not matter.

Is it possible to secure the marriage without forging the letter or offering Ironwood?

• He was asking if you can secure the marriage without doing either.

Alight, to all the uninformed, stop replying. You can secure the marriage by simply offering half of your forest of ironwood. The letter does not matter.

• Oops, my mistake. Jumped the gun there.

XanderCz posted: »

He was asking if you can secure the marriage without doing either.

• Whatever the North Grove is, I hope it will be the Forrester's salvation.

XanderCz posted: »

I kind of feel that that is where things are going. It will be something like, "Yay! We won!" but there is no Ironwood left so it's just pointless.

• Won't make a difference. If you managed to convince her, her father will probably force her to cancell the betrothal.

• I did it. I convinced her. I made Mira forge the letter and Lady Elena was pretty mad. Then I made Rodrick tell her the letter does not matter and she is free to choose. Then she was pretty fine and told Whitehill that their houses will unite

• Can you get her to marry you if you simply just forge the letter or do you still have to offer half the Ironwood.

• Most wars are won or lost before they even begin. Even if the marriage falls apart or goes through, it doesn't really matter since going against the Whitehills is the same as going against the Boltons and therefore, against the Crown. But if an alliance is made with Tyrion or Margaery, even a simple trading alliance, that means that the Forresters are backed by the Crown and therefore by the Boltons and the Whitehills can't do shit then.

I think one of the main arguments here is the Whitehills inability to efficiently chopd down and carve Ironwood without destroying the woods themselves since their banner is a bold plain and has been said that they had Ironwood in the past but ruined all of it.

Now, Ramsay isn't a reasonable man, he is a sadistic psychopath who enjoys flaying people and toying with their emotions, but Lord Bolton is a cold, practical man who can actually see reason and if a valid point is made to him, I believe his decison can easily change.
    For example, the Crown needs a new navy and if the Whitehills supply that wood the Seven Kingdoms will get a shabby, one time navy and the woods will be no more or in a very dangerous conditions, but if the Forresters were to supply it, with their masterful carving skills, that would become a top notch fleet with wood to spare, wouldn't it.

• edited February 2015

Makes me want to talk to Roose Bolton in order to establish some agreement. He is far more reasonable than Ramsay.

Kadmonfu posted: »

Most wars are won or lost before they even begin. Even if the marriage falls apart or goes through, it doesn't really matter since going ag

• As with all Telltale choices, I'm sceptical about this one mattering, but I might yet be proven wrong. After all, Season 2 of WD had wildly different endings depending on your final choice, whose to say GoT won't have similar branching endings? After all, I hardly see how the Forresters getting completely ruined or emerging on the top of small North houses would change anything in the canon. It's true, Forresters do get mentioned in book 5, but remember, we are not in the book universe in this game, but in the show's. Just because the Forresters get mentioned in the book, doesn't mean their survival is assured in the show universe. So my final point? Anything could happen, really.

• i have a question, where the House Glenmore, Eleana's House, is settled? North, South, Riverlands? If it's not a Northern one, it will be hardly determinant in the outcome. No Lord, specially a little one, would send a whole army to protect a house which is hundreds of miles away...

• Yeah, that would be awesome, but knowing R.R. Martin's style and if Telltale stays truthful to his type of writing, which they have been so far, talking to the Warden of the North is an impossibility. You have a higher chance of meeting Stannis riding down from the wall and forming an alliance with that King of the North than talking to Roose Bolton.

Makes me want to talk to Roose Bolton in order to establish some agreement. He is far more reasonable than Ramsay.

• edited February 2015

Well, she does resemble the Mormonts (forget Jorah, he's been under the sun for too long) a little, brown hair, blue eyes, somewhat pale and it didn't take her that long to come to House Forrester. First of all, a raven had to be sent to House Glenmore with news that Rodrik was still alive and it would have taken her at least a day or two to even start the journey since she is a Lord's daughter after all.

Then her marriage with Rodrik would secure him an army which would mean that House Glenmore can't be from the South, well, not anywhere more south than Dreadfort. Of course, even being around that area would mean that House Glenmore already bent their knee since Lord Bolton is the new Warden of the North.

Being from the far North is also an impossibility since those lands are scarce and already void of soldiers so no major army could be located there, not even a secret one because every army marches on its stomach.

That leaves me only with the possibility of the north, northwest coast, probably somewhere around House Mormont since it has no tactical advantage to the enemy, it's too far to be a threat to the Crown, but it's still close enough to be of help to House Forrester which would also mean that they do not have to go through House Whitehill in order to reach Ironrath.

• This is 100% pure tin hat theory, but after the scene with Gwen Whitehill, I can see a choice happening where Rodrik has to chose between his betrothal to Elaena, and possibly marrying Gwen. It wouldn't be the first time a character in ASOIAF has been conflicted over betrothals and following one's feelings vs being practical.

I've no idea if it will even happen, but.

I'd make for a pretty powerful decision if Rodrik has to chose between:

• Follow Rodrik's feelings and stay betrothed to Elaena Glenmore (if you managed it), and have the backing of her family's army, but at the cost of half the Forrester's ironwood and further infuriating the Whitehills.

• Break it off with Elaena to marry Gwen Whitehill, which would potentially mend the rift between the two houses and halt the open conflict, but at the cost of hurting Elaena, offending HER family, possibly pissing off Asher, etcetc.

Idk, I can see it happening.

I also suspect that if you didn't manage to secure the betrothal, that it's possible she'll become engaged to Lord Whitehill's son when he shows up, and then the Whitehills would have even more men to add to their army.

I GUESS we'll see!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.