Do the Forresters worship the Seven or the Old Gods?

HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator
edited February 2015 in Game Of Thrones

One of things I remember someone noticing is that it seems like the main characters reference the Seven a lot, but being a Northern house, it seems like they would usually worship the old gods rather than the new. Is there similar behavior from the series of characters that worship the old gods doing this?

Update: Answered by Telltale Staff/ArthurV:

They worship the old gods, except for Lady Forrester, who's from the south. They do say "seven hells" but so do other northern characters in the novels, such as Jon Snow. Theon Greyjoy, who worships the Drowned God, also says "seven hells." It's just a common expression.

Comments

• Being from the North I would assume they would worship the Old Gods, but it's unclear at this point.

• edited February 2015

nvm

• Possibly the Old Gods, as its mostly widespread in the North. Though some of the household may be from elsewhere, and worship the Seven, a common belief in the South.

• They almost certainly worship the old gods. Talia sings "Old gods bare steel with you." in her song. Furthermore, there probably would have been a Septon or something at the funeral if they followed the seven.

"Seven hells" is just a common curse in this world. The same reason you hear atheists saying "Goddamn" in real life.

• Lady Forrester is definitely not from the North. She was from one of the great houses whom were banner men for the Targaereans. The children may have been influenced by their mother. And one of Rodrik Forrester's one liners was "seven f*cking hells" which was cool and i happily chose to hear him say that.

• Thanks. That sounds like proof to me.

Michael7123 posted: »

They almost certainly worship the old gods. Talia sings "Old gods bare steel with you." in her song. Furthermore, there probably would have

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

They worship the old gods, except for Lady Forrester, who's from the south. They do say "seven hells" but so do other northern characters in the novels, such as Jon Snow. Theon Greyjoy, who worships the Drowned God, also says "seven hells." It's just a common expression.

• Thanks! :)

ArthurV posted: »

They worship the old gods, except for Lady Forrester, who's from the south. They do say "seven hells" but so do other northern characters in

• Thanks so much for correcting and confirming that Lady Forrester is from the South but the House worshipped the old gods. Never knew that seven hells was just a common expression regardless of the type of god/gods they worship. Need to brush up on my game of thrones lore haha. Thanks again, kind Ser.

ArthurV posted: »

They worship the old gods, except for Lady Forrester, who's from the south. They do say "seven hells" but so do other northern characters in

• They worship the old gods, you can hear it at the ending of ep 2 when Talia sings its something like "old gods be with you".

Sign in to comment in this discussion.