Thoughts on the main Characters of Ep2

I really liked and enjoyed the whole episode. It felt smoother than the first one, but it will get better and better I think :) Only the ending of ep1 was stronger imo.

Rodrik

I really like him and I'm glad he survived. The most exciting part of ep2 was his first scene for me. Struggling to get Ser Roylands attention, and the surgery. I thought the maester was gonna cut off his legs...
He looks like a good lord (which is not an advantage in GoT), but I think he's a badass too.. A friggin horse fell on him and he survived. And the scene when he says he'll kill that mofo Lord Whitehill was epic. I can't wait to fulfill his promise and bring back Ryon. Telltale please don't kill him :D

Asher

I expected him to be more like a brute, but he's not. He still cares for his family and worried about them. I like him, he's cool :D and I want to lead an army as him and go on a rampage. Hopefully we can avenge our brother, Ethan.

Gared

I prefered him in episode 1 but it was ok, I'm not a big fan of the Wall and Jon Snow so it was a little less interesting for me. And he had the option the have an "I don't care attitude"...That was a bit meh.

Mira

I don't know why, but I still feel her character a bit empty. I'd have freaked out if someone had broken in my room. And going alone to the gardens at night... it's not that smart. But I enjoyed her scenes too, and I can't wait to see what's coming for her after what she's done. When I say the teaser screenshot of her holding the knife I expected something different.. I thought we'll need to get our hands dirty in order to achieve something to help our family, but it was just self-defence.

So what do you guys think about them? Who do you like the most? Which scene was your favourite? :)

Comments

• I like all of the character's stories.

My favorite character is Rodrik, which was very unexpected as I didn't believed the theories that he was alive nor did I expect to see him again. I immediately grew attached to him due to his badass achievement (He survived wounds that would have killed a man, he managed to walk even when the Maester said he shouldn't be able to.), his relationship with his family and his important position as the lord.

• Mira's story is my least favorite at the moment I find her extremely boring only thing I like about her story is we get to hang out with Tyrion and Margarey.

• Yeah, he's my favourite too. His interactions with his sister and Elaena were adoreable. I hope this wedding will end well, but i'm prepared for the worst.

I like all of the character's stories. My favorite character is Rodrik, which was very unexpected as I didn't believed the theories that

• Yeah...I think we are all prepared for the worst. Did you also pick the [Hug her] option? That scene was just full of heartwarming. :)

SoMuchSass posted: »

Yeah, he's my favourite too. His interactions with his sister and Elaena were adoreable. I hope this wedding will end well, but i'm prepared for the worst.

• Gared's lines have been the best, it's hilarious. "You... f*ck potatoes?"

Yeah, Mira's character seems a bit too ditsy, but I guess that's how she is... Her lack of much emotion does throw me off though, but it is her story where I really find myself wondering what decision I should choose.

I don't really have an opinion on the brothers, which is disappointing. I expected Asher to be more of a badass, but now it's only mentioned that he gets pretty pumped when he's angry so I'm looking forward to when he does. Pity we barely got to play him this time around :(

• Yes I did :)) I couldn't resist :D And how did you respond to Lord Whitehill? I wanted to see Ryon, but I didn't want to show weakness. Oh I hate that man so much :D

Yeah...I think we are all prepared for the worst. Did you also pick the [Hug her] option? That scene was just full of heartwarming.

• I didn't want to give Lord Whitehill that satisfaction, so I didn't kiss his ring. But on my next playthough I will do it (As much as I dislike it) just to see Ryon on the funeral.

Yes I did ) I couldn't resist And how did you respond to Lord Whitehill? I wanted to see Ryon, but I didn't want to show weakness. Oh I hate that man so much

• I'm pretty sure we'll see Asher angry soon :D I also want to see it, and play as him more. He didn't really have heavy choices either.

Gared's lines have been the best, it's hilarious. "You... f*ck potatoes?" Yeah, Mira's character seems a bit too ditsy, but I guess that'

• Pretty much like me, but I'm curious about what will happen to her and if we'll see the purple wedding.

Mira's story is my least favorite at the moment I find her extremely boring only thing I like about her story is we get to hang out with Tyrion and Margarey.

• I'm planning that too, I have so many questions in my head about what could've happen.

I didn't want to give Lord Whitehill that satisfaction, so I didn't kiss his ring. But on my next playthough I will do it (As much as I dislike it) just to see Ryon on the funeral.

• Asher is pretty bloodthirsty though... "I'll murder my way through the Whitehills until I can cave in Ramsey's head." or something along those lines. I love Beshka too.

• Interesting. How did you get him to say that?

Echopapa posted: »

Asher is pretty bloodthirsty though... "I'll murder my way through the Whitehills until I can cave in Ramsey's head." or something along those lines. I love Beshka too.

• I'm curious too, I said something less cool. :D

Interesting. How did you get him to say that?

• Rodrik surprised me after he was seemed to be killed off Mira steals the show as always Asher was not surprising as it was expected to replace Ethan as the new main character

• Asher is my new favorite. Really cool character.

• Aaah.. I see. In my playthrough that man is still alive :D

I think it was when hiding from the Lost Legion guy, you slit his throat instead of Beskha and Malcolm comments on you being swift but reckless... I can't remember 100%, so take it with a pinch of salt.

• I think it was when hiding from the Lost Legion guy, you slit his throat instead of Beskha and Malcolm comments on you being swift but reckless... I can't remember 100%, so take it with a pinch of salt.

I'm curious too, I said something less cool.

• I'll admit I like Asher the best so far, if only for the charming dialogue he gets. Definitely a fun character to play as, since he has strong allies and he can be a bad-ass himself.

Rodrik to my surprise is still alive! I'm glad Telltale gave him a hard/brutal intro to his character or else I would be going "WTF?" over and over again. He's a very cool character to play as and he looks awesome with those wounds.

• What happens with him? He doesn't see you, and walks away?

Aaah.. I see. In my playthrough that man is still alive

• Yep, exactly :)

What happens with him? He doesn't see you, and walks away?

• Rodrik - my favourite PC, meaningful/cringeworthy decisions

Asher - comic relief guy, but still has a stern and brutal side. Meaningless choices.

Mira - my least favourite PC (as a character), her parts are usually the ones that bore me...until it comes to choices, her's are the hardest

Gared - 'action' guy, indifferent towards him, but rather like him. Meaningless choices.

(With meaningless or meaningful I mean how they affect the player)

• edited February 2015

Rodrik: When I first saw that Rodrik survived I kind of groaned but he seriously grew on me. He's probably my favorite now. He's nervous, anxious, kindhearted and yet still willing to take up his place as lord without hesitation and stand up to the man when he needs to. His conversation with Elaena really endeared him to me. He felt very human, like Ethan. I imagine Ethan would have grown up to be a LOT like Rodrik. Of course, this makes me think that Rodrik is doomed to get a knife through the eye but I'm already preparing for that.

Mira: She isn't my favorite, but her sections are always BY FAR the most challenging. Every time I make a decision with her, my heart starts pounding. I've replayed her sections the most out of all of them. I just feel like if there's one character whose decisions can make or break House Forrester, it's hers. There's never a time I come out of her section without feeling like I just did everything wrong.

Gared: I like Gared, but I just don't know where they're going with him. All of the other characters tie into House Forrester and its future but right now it seems like Gared is totally outside of it. I don't know how he's going to be able to be relevant to the main plotline while in the Night's Watch. Whenever I played as him this episode, it just felt like a little break from the real action and a reminder of another part of GoT. Just in case we forgot about Jon Snow. He's apparently supposed to go find the North Grove but I have a feeling it's going to be a long while until that happens and, until then, he feels very outside of the action.

Asher: Disappointed so far. I expected to really be able to get into him back before the episode came out but we spent such surprisingly little time with him in episode 2 that I wasn't able to get a real grasp on him. I suspect he'll be a favorite once he's in the episode for more than little flashes, though. I like that they immediately humanized him, alongside showing off his more "wicked" and impulsively violent sellsword side. I look forward to getting to know him more. He's super fun to play as, though. I mix it up with some unapologetic depravity, worry for his family, strange moments of honor and brutality.

• edited February 2015

Alt text Alt text Alt text Alt text

Yep, exactly

• Nice :D It seems this choice suits him better.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.