Who else wanted to punish Royland/Duncan?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but am I the only one who really wanted to send whoever wasn't chosen as Sentinel to the Wall (if not worse)? If you choose Duncan as I did, Royland doesn't want to have any part in the plan anymore - even if you do follow all his suggestions. He just pisses off and abandons his Lord. And all he can offer as an excuse is that he was inspecting the gates. Well, good job on letting 20 Whitehill soldiers in, you asshat!

And after that betrayal, Royland still thinks he has any say in the leadership of the House? He should have been there to protect Ethan, so as Rodrik my first act as Lord would be to make him answer for abandoning his former Lord.

Comments

• yeah that excuse was weak but I still think that he is important to the house and I doubt he could've done anything to save Ethan.

• I was angry at them , but not that much ! What I did was giving 'em a manly punch on the table and I'm sure its sound reached King's Landing :D

• They should have been there, but it wouldn't have made a difference. Both of the men are apparently also still very good at their respective jobs, and sending them off the wall or punishing them now when your house needs to look strong and is short on allies would absolutely be the wrong decision.

• I am going to give them both another chance now that Rodrik has returned as the lord of Ironrath. Now that Rodrik has returned, part of me thinks that Royland is still a good choice. He may be a headstrong warrior, but he is no yes man and he is ultimately honest in his actions. Duncan may offer good advice, but he is rather secretive at times.

• I think you're right. I actually believe Duncan was a better advisor to Ethan, but Royland is a better choice to Rodrik. Rodrik is trained as a warrior and does have the military experience to take Royland's advice on face value, whereas Ethan was more comfortable in a wise but gentle role.

• Do you think we can choose a Sentinel for Rodrik? Because it seemed to me that it's not going to be an option. But if we can I think i'll change Duncan for Royland even though he let Ethan down.

Rogarth posted: »

I think you're right. I actually believe Duncan was a better advisor to Ethan, but Royland is a better choice to Rodrik. Rodrik is trained a

• One of things I notices back in episode 1 both Duncan and Royland reacted differently to Ethan's fatal wounds. Duncan was affected of course, but he was only bounded and didn't resist much. Royland however, you can absolutely hear his grief and distress. He even got punched by the Whitehill soldier, which shows that he resisted and wanted to do something.

I think it shows that Royland have a much stronger loyalty to the Forresters than Duncan. But we shall see in the future.

SoMuchSass posted: »

Do you think we can choose a Sentinel for Rodrik? Because it seemed to me that it's not going to be an option. But if we can I think i'll change Duncan for Royland even though he let Ethan down.

• Interesting, somehow I missed this. Something doesn't feel right about Duncan... What was his excuse for missing from the meeting if you choose Royland?

One of things I notices back in episode 1 both Duncan and Royland reacted differently to Ethan's fatal wounds. Duncan was affected of course

• His excuse was something like... "Lord Ethan made it clear that he didn't wanted me."

Interesting, somehow I missed this. Something doesn't feel right about Duncan... What was his excuse for missing from the meeting if you choose Royland?

• Nice... x)

His excuse was something like... "Lord Ethan made it clear that he didn't wanted me."

• Which wasn't even true, my Ethan wanted him around still and he threw a fit. Freaking Duncan...

His excuse was something like... "Lord Ethan made it clear that he didn't wanted me."

• Yeah, my Ethan made it perfectly clear that he needed BOTH Royland and Duncan. So that was a bit of a letdown.

Which wasn't even true, my Ethan wanted him around still and he threw a fit. Freaking Duncan...

• Well, the maester did explain that every Lord must choose his own Sentinel... the person he trusts above all. As Rodrik I would definitely pick Royland. But I have multiple playthroughs with multiple outcomes (some with Royland as Sentinel, some with Duncan). So I can explore how both lines play out in the long run :).

Do you think we can choose a Sentinel for Rodrik? Because it seemed to me that it's not going to be an option. But if we can I think i'll change Duncan for Royland even though he let Ethan down.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.