Any predictions on Bowen?

Any of you have any ideas how he might factor into the story? Giving Gared an option to save him during the Red Wedding wouldn't make much sense if he were killed off screen 10 minutes later, so I'm guessing those who saved him probably haven't seen the last of him. But how might he fit in to the story?

Comments

• edited February 2015

He's the Lord Chet of Game of Thrones. Character who's status is determined in practically the first 15 minutes of the game yet we never see him again.

• I kinda hope we don't see him again. I mean we already have two characters who miraculously survived the red wedding. Adding more is just getting silly.

• Well, Gared's survival wasn't really miraculous...

unseenclass posted: »

I kinda hope we don't see him again. I mean we already have two characters who miraculously survived the red wedding. Adding more is just getting silly.

• It's kind of odd how they haven't mentioned Norren or Bowen at all since the Red Wedding. Maybe they could end up conveniently coming to Ironrath at a time of need?

• i doubt anything will come of it. That happened a lot in the walking dead games where some of your decisions didn't matter at all

• edited February 2015

No, he's very likely dead and won't appear again.

The choice is just to add some guilt feels if you let him get killed on-screen, otherwise I'm fairly sure he still gets gutted off-screen.

And if he indeed survives and reappears, he won't have a vital role, more like a cameo. Maybe he is stationed at Ironrath as a soldier, but he won't be important to the story, because otherwise those who chose to let him die will be screwed over pretty much.

• I would have liked him to have been involved in Rodrik's return.
    So for instance, if Bowen dies, then Rodrik comes back to Ironrath on a corpse cart like we saw.
    But if Gared saves Bowen, then Bowen finds Rodrik and rescues him/tends to his wounds etc. and brings him back to Ironrath himself, in a better condition. Thus making the choice to save Bowen in episode 1 have a lot more of an effect on the story than just five seconds of guilt.
    As it is, I doubt we will see Bowen again.

• Hopefully Telltale finds some way to work Bowen back into the story.

• It would have been nice if TellTale had made it if he died his body would be in the corpse cart.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.