Wedding Theory: What if....

So this is just a theory which might be stupid, but I wanted to share it.

I have a bad feeling about the marriage with Elaena... Let's face it, it isn't going to work out.
Lord Whitehill is probably going to screw us over somehow, by making his son, Gryff marry Elaena instead of Rodrik. Why would he let the Forresters and Glenmores unite their forces? And he hinted at this in ep2... that she could get a better husband. That man is very dangerous and greedy.

The other reason would be that I think the story is too linear for that "optional" alliance. Almost 60% couldn't convince her to marry Rodrik.
The other possibility is that the whole wedding can end up in a blood-bath, we know about GoT weddings... (so much happiness)

This isn't likely to happen, but the other thing that came up in my mind is what if Rodrik's gonna have another bride. Of course a forced wedding, a sham marriage but with Gwyn. That would complicate things...Keep that in mind, they still have Ryon and the whole family is cornered. How would Rodrik or Asher react to that. Or Lady Forrester. She would do something really stupid.

Any thoughts? :)

Comments

• What about Sera?

• That's interesting too, I never had a thought about this. She might be useful too somehow we just don't know yet..

What about Sera?

• She said she needed to marry someone and not only that but she is also a bastard.

SoMuchSass posted: »

That's interesting too, I never had a thought about this. She might be useful too somehow we just don't know yet..

• Yes, but whose bastard could she be and what can she offer? That's the question :D

She said she needed to marry someone and not only that but she is also a bastard.

• Well her last name is Flower and she could offer forces.

Yes, but whose bastard could she be and what can she offer? That's the question

• edited February 2015

I think best case scenario (choice wise) is that the boltons show up to settle the infighting.

Either Elena marries Rodrik if he got her

And the Boltons wed Talia to Gryff to unite the houses

or

Elena is wed to Gryff if Rodrik failed

and the Boltons marry Rodrik to Gwyn to unite the houses

Two marriages that vary slightly on who is involved so they could happen in all games

Worst case scenario choice wise

Eleana calls of the marriage to all as she cant convince her father.

• But the name Flowers is a bastard name like Snow, isn't it?

Well her last name is Flower and she could offer forces.

• No clue.

But the name Flowers is a bastard name like Snow, isn't it?

• Snow is for the north, Flowers is for Tyrells land or something.

But the name Flowers is a bastard name like Snow, isn't it?

• The bastard names of Westeros

Alt text

No clue.

• probably Craster

XD

The bastard names of Westeros

• i don't know what's going to happen but i'm actually thinking that this wedding will be important some way. It's simple, one of the ways to win the betrothal is to forge the letter of Margaery. I'm pretty sure this decision will have bad consequences for mira, like margeary getting pissed with her. I think that this wedding will have a good impact on House Forrester to compensate Margaery's anger.

• edited February 2015

Yes, Flowers is for House Tyrell and even is Sera is a bastard, she holds no real power; they usually become squires, handmaidens, advisors if they are really smart, but nothing important. Let's say that the Tyrells would decide to have Sera married. It would be only a lesser House, possibly in possession of some luxury resource which the Tyrells would want and that House wouldn't benefit at all, other than the bragging rights of being part of a bigger House.

Now, bastards hold no hostage value, they aren't heirs to anything, they are just disposable pawns who have only one option. Work for and help your House and maybe, just maybe, you will get something in return.

P.S. Ramsey is a little bit different. He is a psychopath, but he is a master manipulator and does what Lord Bolton tells hi
    m to. Also, SPOILER-----> Roose makes him a Bolton later.

Snow is for the north, Flowers is for Tyrells land or something.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.