I think this has a shot of being GOTY

2»

Comments

• edited February 2015

Far Cry 3 and Dishonored aren't nearly as good as the walking dead. 2012 was overall a disappointing year in gaming, 2015 has a ton of big hits coming. So itll be a lot more difficult for GOT to win (especially since i heard a lot more about TWD than GOT)

2012: (TWD, dishonored, farcry, borderlands, mass effect)

2015: (GOT, No mans sky, uncharted, zelda, evolve, dying light, batman, tomb raider, halo 5)

Clemenem posted: »

No shit there isn't but TWD won the majority on the web and the two major ones

• edited February 2015

I didn't say it doesn't have funny or emotional moments, but I just don't feel all that involved with the story or attached to the characters as I used to in other Telltale games. Now, I enjoyed the first two episodes, but, this is my personal opinion.

I guess I'm used to play as one character and the choices I make are mostly based on what I'd probably do in that moment which is why I was crying like a little bi** when Lee died because I felt like I led him there or the way Clem remembered Lee and the way I played with her was very similar to Lee and I was once again heartbroken with Kenny.

TWAU wasn't that emotional, but Bigby is a badass mothefu****, but you want to destroy Bloody Mary since the moment you saw her and that was all the drive I needed to play the game and I enjoyed every moment of it.

TFTB has released only 1 episode so far, but the one liners, those impossible situations, I was laughing my ass off from the moment I saw that guy floating outside the space station.

For me, GoT doesn't have that. Yes, I smiled here and there, but there weren't any real emotions to be felt from the game. Yes, Ethan's death was sad, but cmon, it's Ramsay Snow, what did you expect. And Talia's song was emotional, but for me it was because of the way she sung it, not the reason. I think having too many playable characters kind of ruined that feeling of attachment you had towards the MC and for me the main protagonist of GoT became House Forrester itself and I just don't feel like making decisions based on emotions like I used to, but on whether they are practical or not.

P.S. It's still only Ep. 2 so my opinion may change towards the end, I certainly hope it does.

I have to disagree. It has funny moments through dialogue and Talia's song in E2 has been the most emotionally touching scene since Lee's death in No Time Left

• Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but why do you keep saying 2014? It's 2015 currently.

#TeamSarah posted: »

Far Cry 3 and Dishonored aren't nearly as good as the walking dead. 2012 was overall a disappointing year in gaming, 2015 has a ton of big h

• Again, you mean 2015 and 2014 was one of the worst gaming years ever. 2012 Had hits and they all stood up.

#TeamSarah posted: »

Far Cry 3 and Dishonored aren't nearly as good as the walking dead. 2012 was overall a disappointing year in gaming, 2015 has a ton of big h

• oh LOL xD i do this all the time. Its a habbit i get so used to writing 2014 so it takes like 3 months for me to adjust :p, sorry

dojo32161 posted: »

Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but why do you keep saying 2014? It's 2015 currently.

• I get what you mean you don't like ensembles and I can understand why. I'm guessing 400 days wasn't your thing

• edited February 2015

Yeah and i just named most of them, theres a couple more i forgot but theres WAY more in 2015

(Also yeah 2014 wasnt very good, 2013 was amazing)

Another thing i have to add, reviews in general of got arent up to par with twd so far.

Again, you mean 2015 and 2014 was one of the worst gaming years ever. 2012 Had hits and they all stood up.

• I guess so. 400 Days felt more like an introduction to Season 2 of TWD and it was nice to get a feel of what was about to happen, but no, it wasn't really my thing.

I get what you mean you don't like ensembles and I can understand why. I'm guessing 400 days wasn't your thing

• Has Hideo Kojima ever disappointed anyone?

I have been checking Metal Gear Solid 5, it looks damn awesome. I wonder if the open-world aspect will be handled well.

• NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has Hideo Kojima ever disappointed anyone?

• Ugh Kojima fan boys

• I've never played any Hideo Kojima games, but from what I've seen I like his style, especially when he reveals the games. The fake trailer that went so far as to make up an imaginary company that revealed Metal Gear Solid V and the P.T. thing for Silent Hills.

• Walking Dead was kind of a one-shot thing I think. Even if something came out of same quality or better, the chances of this type of game winning again are very slim.

• Stealth Games are just frustratingly boring for me and I don't see any particular fun in MGS. I know I'm in the minority but whatever

dojo32161 posted: »

I've never played any Hideo Kojima games, but from what I've seen I like his style, especially when he reveals the games. The fake trailer t

• I'm with you on this one. I tried a Metal gear solid game before and I couldn't stand it.

Stealth Games are just frustratingly boring for me and I don't see any particular fun in MGS. I know I'm in the minority but whatever

• edited February 2015

There's a lot of good games out this year, I guess, chief amongst them for me The Witcher 3. But outside of those, this is a very good game.

That said, unless we're talking about 'fan GoTY', it is highly unlikely if things don't change on the critic's end regarding individual episodes or the entire season. 6 and 7s are quite, unfortunately, prominent for GoT so far for reasons I simply cannot fathom. Tales has the better chance because of the critical reception.

• edited February 2015

eh,idk..i enjoy it but honestly i think its the slowest tt game compared to twd,twau,and tftb. i mean did anyone else feel like in episode 2 you beat a chapter like every 5 minutes? -_- i think tales from the borderlands will win GOTY. i wasnt even a big borderlands fan and i was hesitant to try it,but just from playing the first episode i think its better scripted than any previous telltale game ive played so far. its also super hilarious lol

• Justcome straight down there are Gary then we're gonna yet again using a coffee table any 30 you havethat lower unique and have make sure you keepyour arms Vita Ultra very cost your side with the debt you've been job hunting come backat engaging the Corning getting your wholearm carry yeah you think can back up damn thing backup men we've got my favorite line the wild yeah color project that president wanted right here Indiana day 13 never see in the LA UN shut de typical brought layer cake that let here then all-round 30 second we will do methadone or am completelykill you but the real key to view they simply me toward I definitely recommend that my stretching grab some water that so it's very important and let's get started here with the switchshit she plus 30 on I well yeah the people here and gonna be okay band yeah it tonight see yeah animation great the police that then traded making I'm night here she gonna be done and intact the you yeah yeah and heat yeah Monday power going but nah she I okay switch has checked again thing and I'm at being made pingback:and not the acronym well she it okay K K good 10 yeah then we headed she guy yes and light you good this yeah and Friday yeah yeah yes hehehe shot the meeting really hard now maintaining and you need bit it should be really hard chided by Shia basically sleep like that the you yeah okay good good yes and I and he back it.
    http://www.menfitnesshelp.com/vita-ultra-trial/

• what in the hell did you just say?..lol

Justcome straight down there are Gary then we're gonna yet again using a coffee table any 30 you havethat lower unique and have make sure yo

• sounds about right lol

Sign in to comment in this discussion.