Are you okay with **** returning?

13»

Comments

• I was very glad to see his character return. I replayed the 1st episode like 4 times trying to save Ethan, I was really starting to lose hope for the Forresters. Seeing Rodrick survive was refreshing. I really like his character, he has a strong voice that carries weight, he might be crippled but he can still intimidate a man. episode 2 was SO intense, can't wait for the next!

• My point is that you made a thread about him being alive, and then you are unhappy when he is alive?

That makes no sense.

Flog61 posted: »

Yeah, I was very annoyed when I found out. What's your point?

• No it didn't. There were build up hints (even if they were leaks) that inferred Rodrik was alive.

This is definitely true. I think a big part of evidence for that is that Kenny's return was advertised and built up to, whereas Rodrik's just happened.

• edited February 2015

has always been that a recovery from how he died is impossible.

People have survived horses falling down on them before and survived, and also its not like he was completely wound-free. Keep in mind also that this is Game of Thrones, where an 8 year old boy has fallen from the top of a tower and survived without the ability to walk ever again and no head trauma or spine damage or anything.

It's boring for reasons given above

Your reasons - he is a noble. So instead of playing as someone who is in the midst of the action, you would have liked to play as some random outsider? That would have been 10x more boring IMO.

Also, Telltale confirmed that we would be only be playing as members of House Forrester, whether by blood/name or sworn to the House. Playing as a commoner wouldn't be either one of those things.

But female villagers do, I believe, exist in GoT lore.

That is true, but if you paid attention, no villager was seen I think (other than like one or two). Most of the people seen walking around Ironrath were Whitehill soldiers, but like I said all soldiers are male.

There aren't many forces left which is why there's such an emphasis on being unable to fight another house and finding allies to help against the Whitehills

Thats true but at the same time its not like all men immediately go join the army. There are men commoners/villagers as well.

Sorry for that confusion, though I thought it was clear.

You put "and those that think if a woman doesnt wear dresses and perfume she must also want to fuck girls." That's not true, most people thought she could be a lesbian because of her remark about sleeping with whores.

Not gonna get into the whole "ego" thing because @Firewallcano already said it. But like I said Flog, just because Rodrik's return may be a sign of gender discrimination in your eyes doesn't mean that the whole game is suddenly uninteresting or boring or anything along the lines. I have no wish to keep arguing, so all I ask is to just actually think about what you're saying and if it really makes sense before you say it.

No, my main complaint about Rodrik complaining has always been that a recovery from how he died is impossible. In this thread I was just foc

• Interesting... it's just that when the horse did fall on him, Rodrik took it pretty hard to the point where his face gets all fucked up (as in he smacked his face against the floor extremely hard). So it seemed highly unlikely that's all.

ousen posted: »

Ask a doctor or someone that work with horses or similar animals and they will tell you that you can survive a horse falling on you.

• He won me over. That ending with him giving this brutal death stare was really something else.

I was very glad to see his character return. I replayed the 1st episode like 4 times trying to save Ethan, I was really starting to lose hop

• The biggest danger is when the horse stands upp because the horse can step on you.

DoubleJump posted: »

Interesting... it's just that when the horse did fall on him, Rodrik took it pretty hard to the point where his face gets all fucked up (as in he smacked his face against the floor extremely hard). So it seemed highly unlikely that's all.

• Well we've all seen the result of a horse stepping on someone in this game, very bad way to die, but it worked in our favor

ousen posted: »

The biggest danger is when the horse stands upp because the horse can step on you.

• Jack doesn't cast a reflection, Delta wears armor through the whole game and Booker is the ugliest male character i've seen.

I seem to remember a scene in the first one where you look in a mirror or a pool or water or something? Myabe I'm remembering incorrectly. Delta used to be attractive as I recall seeing.

• edited February 2015

Could someone please dig a deep grave for the whole sexist debate and leave that to ... ehm... the experts on the topics? shudders
    This thread was about Rodrik returning. ;)
    I might add I'm happy with character design.

If there are far more attractive women than men, then one gender is being affected differently though? Because it makes it that if you're a male character you're more likely to be ugly and unappealing, which is horrible to guys.

• I'm more than okay with it, because Rodrik has become my favorite character in the game. Gared and Mira bore me, and while Asher is fun for the action, he doesn't seem very interesting.

• I'm alright with it, sure. It makes no sense. But ignoring that, they handled it pretty well.

• Guys, please behave and stay on topic. Thanks.

• edited February 2015

Plus Ethan's entire arc was an introduction to acting as lord from the player's point of view as well as the character's, so it would be easier to slide into the role of Rodrik who already knew about things like the Lord's Sentinel.

No it didn't. There were build up hints (even if they were leaks) that inferred Rodrik was alive.

• so basically the real reason you don't like that rodrik returned is because of the lack of noble females and other bullshit that has nothing to do with it?

k

Mod edit: I am leaving this post up, but please drop the discussion about the attractive/unattractive characters and keep discussion on topi

• Eh, it seemed pretty far fetched. It kinda irritated me at first, but now I don't mind.

• i was expecting it so there wasn't really a big reaction from me but i am liking how his character is going atm

• Not this again, you used to scrutinize me for supporting Kenny back on the Walking Dead forum. Now you've got something against Rodrik? There's nothing like an old record on repeat- you don't have to get so wound up on a game man.

This is definitely true. I think a big part of evidence for that is that Kenny's return was advertised and built up to, whereas Rodrik's just happened.

• Someone survives getting crushed by a horse? Is quite annoying, but I've seen worse ludicrous survivals (cough Kenny cough)

• Care to share your opinion?

Guys, please behave and stay on topic. Thanks.

• I think they should have had Rodrik get the scars on his face some other way. It didn't make sense.

Interesting... it's just that when the horse did fall on him, Rodrik took it pretty hard to the point where his face gets all fucked up (as in he smacked his face against the floor extremely hard). So it seemed highly unlikely that's all.

• Hard to believe characters can back after their unfortunate incidents, but we are playing video games with dragons and zombies in em.

Mariana238 posted: »

Someone survives getting crushed by a horse? Is quite annoying, but I've seen worse ludicrous survivals (cough Kenny cough)

• Look dud please stop overthinking games and leave that to Game Theory....

So you are shrugging me off ironically :P

• I think it was from the horse falling on top of him and his face smacked against the ground so hard that it cut/bruised then got infected from an open wound surrounded by dead people.

I think they should have had Rodrik get the scars on his face some other way. It didn't make sense.

• Ever think that horse was skinny hmm? God people just can never believe in luck gotta go straight to the facts...

No, my main complaint about Rodrik complaining has always been that a recovery from how he died is impossible. In this thread I was just foc

• But the zombies and dragons are supposed to be the digression from reality, while everything else is realistic. But I suppose GOT is different, a made up universe where all sorts of crazy stuff happens.

Hard to believe characters can back after their unfortunate incidents, but we are playing video games with dragons and zombies in em.

• You can survive having a horse fall on you.

Mariana238 posted: »

But the zombies and dragons are supposed to be the digression from reality, while everything else is realistic. But I suppose GOT is different, a made up universe where all sorts of crazy stuff happens.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.