Has Lost Lords got the best ending to an individual telltale episode?

As we all know, that funeral scene at the end of Lost lords was pretty amazing. The song was brilliant not just because of how well made it was but for what it represents. For me, that song is the pivotal point where the Forresters form their own identity. There's been plenty of criticism that the Forresters are just a knock off of the Starks (particularly with the distracting Sansa and Catelyn clones) but I think that ending song makes the Forresters unique as being one of those rubbish lower clans who would be perfectly happy just keeping their heads down and avoiding being dragged into wars with Lannisters and Boltons. I was already invested in the characters, but that ending to episode 2 seals the deal.

Has there been a Telltale episode that you think had a particularly memorable ending? For me, as much as I love The Wolf Among Us, known of those episodes had particularly memorable endings. The bloody Mary confrontation at the end of episode 3 was pretty amazing and the ending to episode 1 was surprising (even though comic readers knew right away it was all empty shock) but none of the Wolf episodes ended with anything insanely earth shattering.

For me, the only Telltale episode with a better ending than Lost Lords was the penultimate episode of season 1 to Walking Dead. That one had the amazing final line of "I suggest you choose your next words very carefully" before a stunning cut to black before Lee could answer. The cannibal episode 2 ending was severly let down by the rambling video of that crazy woman who was stalking Clementine (A plot that was thankfully never really addressed again).

Comments

• Walking Dead season 2 EP3's ending was pretty amazing.

When everything starts going to shit when they're walking though the horde... t'was pretty intense.

• The ending of TWD S1, that will forever be the best written and emotional ending not only to a Telltale episode, but to a Telltale game in my opinion. Everything about it was perfect, the music, the acting, the writing, it wwas absolutely flawless and left me an emotional wreck. The ending of Season 2 was also very good as well, but The Lost Lords also had an emotional ending as well, and the song was beautiful.

• I don't know. TWD 104 and 105, and TWAU 101 were all pretty amazing. And Tales of Monkey Island 104...but no one knows about that one...

• I'm kinda torn between Ep 1 or 2 of Game of Thrones. But I can agree with you that this series is the best Telltale ever.

• The cannibal episode 2 ending was severly let down by the rambling video of that crazy woman who was stalking Clementine (A plot that was thankfully never really addressed again).

Actually that was about the bandits not getting food from the St. Johns anymore so they would now be focusing on the Motor Inn, and she wasn't talking that crazily.

• edited February 2015

The funeral scene really didn't do much for me. I'm just not nearly connected enough with the characters for that sort of thing to have much of an effect at this point.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited February 2015

I really liked the ending to episode 2 of Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak. That was a really intense ending, and the payoff for it was great in the beginning of episode 3.

• edited February 2015

Don't you mean episode 2?

dojo32161 posted: »

I really liked the ending to episode 2 of Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak. That was a really intense ending, and the payoff for it was great in the beginning of episode 3.

• edited February 2015

Sam & Max S3 episode 304 where the season should've ended the ending to that ep. was great where you find out that the ventriloquist doll (Charlie-Ho-Tep) was behind it all

• It was great, but not the best imo, I'll be giving that to S2 Ep.5 Kenny-Wellington ending. But ep. 2's ending did give me chills panning to one Forrestor to the next as the song plays and then that death stare Rodrik gives was fucking awesome.

• It felt like an episode ending for once not just some huge WTF moment that seems to have become the norm otherwise.

• I agree, imo S1 ending is the best ending in a videogame.

The ending of TWD S1, that will forever be the best written and emotional ending not only to a Telltale episode, but to a Telltale game in m

• Yeah, it was a satisfying conclusion prepared to a cliffhanger that leaves the player wanting (See TWDG S2 Ep1 through 4)

• Yeah, my mistake, thanks.

Anyway, I liked the ending to episode 5, but I do concede that episode 4 could've been the perfect ending.

Don't you mean episode 2?

• I was actually pretty cranky with Episode 2 because of all the bugs I encountered, but that song totally turned around the Episode for me. I think this is the most impatient I've ever been for a next episode.

• It was a very nice,strong, and emotional ending but I wouldn't rank it the best.

• I get it, it's just episode 2 was so amazing in it's final chunk. Convincing everyone not to eat the meat, dealing with the old guy in the locker, beating that St John brother half to death, leaving the walkers to take him after coldly telling him the rest of his family is dead (in my version at least) and then finally stealing from that car and trying to vainly justify it to Clem. If it that episode ended there it would be perfect, it just had to kind of needlessly drag on another minute or so.

The cannibal episode 2 ending was severly let down by the rambling video of that crazy woman who was stalking Clementine (A plot that was th

• The needless WTF endings to the first two Wolf episodes are kind of silly. "SNOW IS DEAD!!!" err, no, she's perfectly fine in the comics. "CRANE IS THE KILLER!!!" Really? Two episodes in? I doubt that.

Thankfully wolf moved away from those endings fairly quickly although I think they needlessly muddled the overall ending with the series (at least it's final scene).

It felt like an episode ending for once not just some huge WTF moment that seems to have become the norm otherwise.

• Yeah thats exactly what i think too, i mean sam and max seriously didn't need a sad ending i woulda loved it ending like every other season: they saved the world once again! Epic Sam & Max music

Yeah, my mistake, thanks. Anyway, I liked the ending to episode 5, but I do concede that episode 4 could've been the perfect ending.

• Still when you think about it the finale isnt an individual episode end, its the end of a whole season so I think the lost lords win on that front

The ending of TWD S1, that will forever be the best written and emotional ending not only to a Telltale episode, but to a Telltale game in m

• It's a close second for me . I just loved TWAU Episode 3's ending . The whole scene was magical .

• My three telltale games favorite ending.

1. Game of Thrones episode 2.
    2. The Walking Dead season 2 episode 5.
    3. The Walking Dead season 1 episode 5.
  • Does the last episode of a season count as an individual episode ending? Its more of a season ending than anything even if its the end of the episode.

• I know, I know! raises hand

I remember all the hype and surprise we felt when beep happened. That's when TT really started digging into their dramatic writing we all know and love today. Possibly the most heartbreaking moment in all the Monkey Island series.

I don't know. TWD 104 and 105, and TWAU 101 were all pretty amazing. And Tales of Monkey Island 104...but no one knows about that one...

• What do you mean possibly lol. That was indisputably the most heartbreaking moment. Morgan was up there though.

Trenchfoot posted: »

I know, I know! raises hand I remember all the hype and surprise we felt when beep happened. That's when TT really started digging into t

• Yeah I wouldnt count season finales as an individual episode ending.

HiroVoid posted: »

Does the last episode of a season count as an individual episode ending? Its more of a season ending than anything even if its the end of the episode.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.