Ethan and Talia

2»

Comments

• When did Mira told Margaery that?

Drakonys posted: »

Mira said to Margeary that her brother (Ryon) has 7 years-old. Rodrik, Mira and Asher are adults so they must be older than 16. And Ethan and Talia must probably have like 13-14.

• Who was Ethan's regent then?

Because it's said in the books. When Joffrey turned 13, it's said he has three more years to go until he's able to rule by himself and not under the guidance of a Regent.

• edited February 2015

Ethan could very easily be 16. Most arguments assume that because he was called 'little lord' or 'boy' that he must not be considered an adult. If I recall correctly, almost every instance of his mention of age was done in an emotional time. When the master at arms (forgot his name) says that, it is after the house basically lost all soldiers and two strong leader figures. Ramsay Snow uses it to mock him.

Also, if the game is based more on the show than I believe all arguments about when the book considers children to be adults is null and void. The show does not explicitly state when someone is considered a man and it has been debated that 18 is more acceptable in terms of the show. I have never participated in that debate and to be honest, never really cared but it is something worth considering.

With that being said, I believe Ethan is 15 or 16.

• I couldn't agree with you more!

Psyentifik posted: »

Ethan could very easily be 16. Most arguments assume that because he was called 'little lord' or 'boy' that he must not be considered an adu

• I think Ethan was 13 at most (perhaps only 12). It doesn't make sense for him to be 15 or 16 without any instruction about sword fighting or leadership whatsoever. With Asher being exiled, Ethan became the second heir to House Forrester. 15/16 is practically an adult in Westeros, so he would have been ready to take command by then.

There are also other indicators that Ethan and Talia are still children. At the start of Episode 1, Maester Ortengryn sends Talia off to bed after she talked to Gared. That's what you do with kids, not with young adults. Also, Ethan and Talia are still acting very childlike in their first scene. They play hide and seek, Ethan doesn't know what "milksop" means and they are all pretty naive about Ethan's duties as Lord of the House. Ethan matures very rapidly because of his changed circumstances (and because we as players try to make the right choices for him).

As a comparison: Robb Stark (in the books) was 15 when he became King of the North. That's the difference between boys and men.

• Nobody, because Ethan wasn't king.

Psyentifik posted: »

Who was Ethan's regent then?

• I don't know if you can remember how you sounded at 12 but certainly not like him,you can hear his voice is changing.About the sword training, if you read the codex you will see that Ethan loved music instead of swords and his brother Rodrik was supposed to lead the house so he never trained for "leadership".About "the hide and seek scene" they probably played it for Ryon(wouldn't you do it for your little brother?).AND about the milksop and the bedtime I really don't know but in the tv show Tywin sent Joffrey to bed after he said something about hiding under Casterly rock.

Rogarth posted: »

I think Ethan was 13 at most (perhaps only 12). It doesn't make sense for him to be 15 or 16 without any instruction about sword fighting or

• Some optional dialogue when Margaery said than she failed with Joffrey

Geoor posted: »

When did Mira told Margaery that?

• Haven't you ever had Sex Ed? Twins are two babies conceived and carried at the same time, either as one egg that has split into two beings or two eggs fertilized at the same time.

bloop posted: »

I don't have one nor have I met someone who has one. It never really crossed my mind how old twins are.

• Isn't Ryon 8?

Choombi posted: »

my personal impression: * Rodrik - 25 * Asher - 22 * Mira - 16 * Ethan & Talia - 14 * Ryon - 7 telltale should really give us age confirmation for all the characters.

• Yes, I have. I probably just forgot about it. I know now.

KCohere posted: »

Haven't you ever had Sex Ed? Twins are two babies conceived and carried at the same time, either as one egg that has split into two beings or two eggs fertilized at the same time.

• She wasn't even 13 either. She said something like "I'll be 13 at the next moon". So she was forced into marriage at twelve.

Upshaw posted: »

It's not so far fetched actually. When titles passes down by laws of inheritance a 3 years old baby can be crowned king, Robb was only 14 wh

• edited February 2015

Well, the guy who plays Ethan (Christopher Nelson) is actually 32. So while he did a pretty good job at portraying a youngster, I'm not willing to take the voice into account in estimating Ethan's age. Besides, I've taught 5th and 6th graders. Sure, a lot of those boys still sound like mice, but some of them do get a lower voice (especially at age 13). And most 15 and 16 year olds have an even lower voice.

Also, I'm not buying the fact that Ethan wouldn't get any training at all just because he wanted to play his lute. That doesn't happen. If you look at royal houses in Europe, you'll see that all royal kids are trained in politics and etiquette. If the future of your House depends on it, you always need a plan B, especially if you send the Lord and his successor to war. So the only reason why Ethan was not trained, was that he was just too young.

Speaking of Joffrey: he was 12 when he became King and 14 when he died (at least in the books). And Tywin just treats everyone in a condescending way, so that's a whole different story that should be told at a different time :).

I don't know if you can remember how you sounded at 12 but certainly not like him,you can hear his voice is changing.About the sword trainin

• How could Ethan learn to be lord when his father and brother spent years following Robb Stark in his war?And if you remember in episode 1 Talia says to Ethan that he should let Royland teach him because he even showed her how to fight(properly)and why would he?Who thought that both his brother and father would die/disappear so suddenly.To me Ethan and especially Talia don't think like kids but rather adults.I really hope telltale would at least show in the codex how old they are.

Well, the guy who plays Ethan (Christopher Nelson) is actually 32. So while he did a pretty good job at portraying a youngster, I'm not will

• Oh,about the royal houses you really can't be serious comparing the royal houses in Europe with some small house in the north
    that most of the maps don't even show and it's people who couldn't keep some soldiers out of Ironrath

How could Ethan learn to be lord when his father and brother spent years following Robb Stark in his war?And if you remember in episode 1 Ta

• True, you win this round. :P

Nobody, because Ethan wasn't king.

• Ah Warren Zevon. RIP.

Poogers555 posted: »

But would that make them twins or just siblings?

• edited February 2015

All sons born to noble families whether first born or fourth in Westeros learn to wield a sword and learn the proper manners and customs. They are all groomed for command "just in case" which happnes alot actually. For example, Bran was the Lord of Winterfell when Robb was south and acted as his heir untill Robb would have a child. Second sons usually seek their own fortunes when realizing they lost all chances to inherit. It doens't matter if it's a minor or a major house..Ethan was probably just a terrible sword fighter it doens't mean he was never trained.

• I agree that it would be nice if Telltale would solve the mystery for us. Until then, let's agree to disagree :).

How could Ethan learn to be lord when his father and brother spent years following Robb Stark in his war?And if you remember in episode 1 Ta

• I agree with all that you say, which is why I find it so hard to believe Ethan wouldn't have had training. But if you recall his very first scene: Talia urges Ethan to get training from Ser Royland. That line would indicate that until then, he wasn't trained in combat - at least not enough.

All sons born to noble families whether first born or fourth in Westeros learn to wield a sword and learn the proper manners and customs. Th

• Sansa considered a 21 year old knight "old"

In the books Jon Snow is 14 and he is still considered a child by his uncle Benjen so what's 2 years?

• HAHA i agree with you

I agree that it would be nice if Telltale would solve the mystery for us. Until then, let's agree to disagree .

• edited February 2015

"They are all groomed for command "just in case" which happens a lot actually" who could teach Ethan to be lord if his father and brother are gone to war?If he REALLY is 12 then he was 10-9 when the rebellion started and his family was at full strength why would they train Ethan instead of Rodrik?You're thinking like they knew this was going to happen.Oh yeah about Bran he was mostly helped by maester Luwin and about the sword thing Rogarth said it all.

I agree with all that you say, which is why I find it so hard to believe Ethan wouldn't have had training. But if you recall his very first

• edited February 2015

About that specific line, I'm no Telltale writer so I can't really give you an answer but my guess is that he at least did get some basic training when he was about 5+ but later gave that up, also there's a good chance it's just..well a line. They didn't overthink so much about that and just wrote it. I base all I'm saying on my knowledg from reading the books so I don't know everything

Like you said, the heir is usually very close to his lord father so he could learn everything but it doesn't mean the other children are just neglected, they are all tutored by the maester and trained with the master-at-arms no matter if they're the heirs or the fourth born sons, even if not to lead the house they're needed to command troops and for other tasks and that's what I meant by saying "they are all groomed for command".

"They are all groomed for command "just in case" which happens a lot actually" who could teach Ethan to be lord if his father and brother ar

• edited February 2015

Yes but it's also common for that time period for about half of your children to die in birth or shortly afterwards.

There's no reason to assume that Rodrik was 100% conceived on the day they got married.

Well sort of, it's common for that time period to have children very early.

• Well...Flog don't you think the "Half your children dying" thing is coming true. :P

Flog61 posted: »

Yes but it's also common for that time period for about half of your children to die in birth or shortly afterwards. There's no reason to assume that Rodrik was 100% conceived on the day they got married.

• Haha I edited to clarify that I meant die in birth, but yes it is xD

The way I personally write narrative I'm hoping Ryon, Elissa and either Asher or Rodrik die, but it'll almost certainly be Asher and Elissa.

Well...Flog don't you think the "Half your children dying" thing is coming true. :P

• I don't know what will happen, Game of Thrones is hard to predict.

Haha I edited to clarify that I meant die in birth, but yes it is xD The way I personally write narrative I'm hoping Ryon, Elissa and either Asher or Rodrik die, but it'll almost certainly be Asher and Elissa.

• I'm guessing

• Rodrik - 24
    • Asher - 21
    • Mira - 18
    • Ethan - 16
    • Talia - 16
    • Ryon 10
    Choombi posted: »

my personal impression: * Rodrik - 25 * Asher - 22 * Mira - 16 * Ethan & Talia - 14 * Ryon - 7 telltale should really give us age confirmation for all the characters.

• And how well they "trained" him.....

About that specific line, I'm no Telltale writer so I can't really give you an answer but my guess is that he at least did get some basic tr

• I think is

• Rodrick: 25
    • Asher: 23
    • Mira: 19
    • Ethan and Talia: 15
    • Ryon: 7
  • After reading the codex I've discovered that Asher fell in love with Gwynn Whitehill when he was 17, and he's been fighting at Beska's side for 4 years. So if you were to say that he was exiled at 17 then that would put him at 21 now.

• They said the same about The Walking Dead but season 2 was one of the most predictable storylines I've ever experienced.

I don't know what will happen, Game of Thrones is hard to predict.

• True enough.

They said the same about The Walking Dead but season 2 was one of the most predictable storylines I've ever experienced.

• Thats cool. Does it say in the codex how far apart they were born in terms of year? If so, it'd be easy to calculate their ages

After reading the codex I've discovered that Asher fell in love with Gwynn Whitehill when he was 17, and he's been fighting at Beska's side for 4 years. So if you were to say that he was exiled at 17 then that would put him at 21 now.

• edited February 2015

Sadly it doesn't give any indication for the other characters. All it says regarding the marriage of Lord Gregor Forester and Lady Elissa is that they were already married for many years before Robert's rebellion 16 years ago (note that before episode 2 was released it used to say that Elissa married at the behest of Robert when he won the rebellion). If I had to hazard a guess I'd say that Roderick is between the ages of 23-25.

I still think Mira is 14 and maybe approaching 15 (I could be wrong, a lot of people seem to favour her being around 18, which is entirely possible). My main influences for this is comparisons made to other female characters and the way she interacts with them. For example Elenor and Gwynn seem more mature, confident. I'd say they were both in their early 20s. Now if I remember correctly Margery is 16, at times she appears confident, but she still seems to be unsure of herself at times and there still seems to be some childlike elements to her character. Mira and Sera seem to me to be of around the same age and they both seem to treat each other on the same level i.e instead of a younger sister older sister kind of relationship. It seems to me that both girls seem to look upon Margery as a kind of older sister or mentor (yes I am aware that people have been known to look up to people who are much younger than themselves) However I don't think this is the case here and I don't think it's only because they are both in service to her.

Now some of you might think that it's a big age gap between Asher and Mira, however who's to say that Lady Forester didn't have other pregnancies in between which ended in tragedy. If I remember this correctly Ryon is aged 7, so if we were to say that Ethan and Talia were 13, that's a 6 year difference between them.

Another thing to consider is that this is the GOT universe, and people often act in ways that you wouldn't expect someone of that age to behave. For instance Arya Stark is iirc 10 or 11 in the books and yet some of the things she does you might think, surely she's far too young. Then you have Daenerys who is only 13 when she is essentially sold to Khal Drogo and before we know it he's died and she is now raising an army!

Thats cool. Does it say in the codex how far apart they were born in terms of year? If so, it'd be easy to calculate their ages

• In the game it is stated that Ryon is 7 years old. I believe it is mentioned a few times here and there in the first two episodes released so far. Though, I doubt Ethan's age is what will be revisited further along the story. Sorry, but the most we may have is just guesses, and clues. Hope I helped with the Ryon question.

Bounden posted: »

Isn't Ryon 8?

• True very true.

Not always. One twin could be born at 11:58 p.m. And the other 12:58 a.m.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.