Asher and Gwyn

Sorry if this thread exists already, but what do people think will happen here? They must have had a big, big love for him to be exiled and I wonder if the feelings are there still?

Comments

• im sure Asher will have choices to make regarding her...but im sure it's really later in the episodes (IMO 5 or 6)

• I don't know about Gwyn, but Asher mention her name and does seem to still have feelings for her.

• I believe it will play an important part. Obviously, this show has numbed me to the fact that there are always stories left unresolved, so I'm not planning on a resolution to their storyline. I'm more hoping we'll get at least a few key decisions that effect House Forrester that involve Asher/Gwyn.

• Rodrik will have an affair with Gwyn. Asher comes back and kills brother in act of passion.

• edited February 2015

You watch too many soap operas :P
    EDIT: Besides, if I were Rodrik I wouldn't want to piss of Eleana and risk the alliance just because he couldn't keep it in his pants.

Omid's cat posted: »

Rodrik will have an affair with Gwyn. Asher comes back and kills brother in act of passion.

• edited February 2015

We haven't really seen much from Asher's point of view, but I guess he still thinks about her. He sounded solemn when he spoke her name in the Yunkai tavern.

As for Gwyn, I think that she either regrets her feelings or hides them from everyone after they were found out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmHevR-CdAg
    (Skip to 23:00) she says that it 'was a long time ago'. So I suspect she either doesn't want to talk about it or feels ashamed.

As to where it'll head, I'm predicting that Asher will go back to Westeros eventually and, while heading for Ironrath, finds that Ryon is being held as a hostage at Highpoint. I reckon he'll try to sneak into Highpoint, find Ryon and rescue him. He'll probably meet Gwyn there and dialogue between the two will ensue.

• Aren't they Forresters?

It'd be very boring Game of Thrones without twists, shocking moments, betrayals and sudden deaths. Call it soap opera if you want.

You watch too many soap operas :P EDIT: Besides, if I were Rodrik I wouldn't want to piss of Eleana and risk the alliance just because he couldn't keep it in his pants.

• Yes but still, I don't think Telltale would go for a PC killing another PC

Aren't they Forresters? It'd be very boring Game of Thrones without twists, shocking moments, betrayals and sudden deaths. Call it soap opera if you want.

• edited February 2015

I figure they were just two kids in love despite their parents not wanting it. Kind of like a cliche "Romeo and Juliet" type thing.

As for whether Gwyn has feelings for him still, I don't think so. She says "that was a long time ago" when Rodrik brought it up, so I feel like she's put it behind her. And I think we, as Asher, will have the choice to stay faithful to Gwyn or to get together with somebody along their journey or something. Just my thoughts, I'm probably wrong for the most part xD.

• George would.

Yes but still, I don't think Telltale would go for a PC killing another PC

• Sorry, what?

George would.

• Alt text
    the big man of the house

Sorry, what?

• edited March 2015

I hope it doesn't end up being a save Gwyn or save a Forrester family member decision

• I feel stupid now

the big man of the house

• They'll meet again for sure, I wish they can get a happy ending but it's Game of Thrones after all...

• How about this for a scenario. Roderick marries Elenor and acquires the military backing of her father. Lord Whitehill receives news that Mira has made a deal with Tyrion regarding the iron wood,, which means he's got all this iron wood but he can't sell it to the crown. Then Asher rocks up with his army of sell swords. Whitehill starts to panic, so he comes up with the idea of offering Asher Gwynn's hand in marriage as a way to avoid all out war between the two houses. However Ludd is planning a second red wedding! Luckily the Foresters decided to leave their own forces laying in wait in case things hit the fan. Chaos ensues, and Ludd ends up looking at the wrong end of Asher's blade. Gywnn pleads for his life. So you have two options, you can kill him or spare him. If you choose to kill him, Ludd dies. If you choose to spare him for Gywnn's sake, Ramsey Snow strolls in and kills him anyway because he tried to take all of the iron wood!

• edited March 2015

That's an interesting idea but the Ramsay part seems a bit far fetched IMO. It still would be interesting to see something similar to that.

Also remember that Rodrik may not have the Glenmores as allies in some playthroughs. If word gets to Ludd of Asher with his sellsword army + Mira's deal with Tyrion there could be a chance he tries to pair Rodrik and Gwyn together to avoid losing all the Ironwood and open war.

How about this for a scenario. Roderick marries Elenor and acquires the military backing of her father. Lord Whitehill receives news that

• Ramsay: "Oh hai, everyone! I just want to join the paaarty! Let me stab Ludd through the THROAT for the luls!"

I don't know, but the thought of Ramsay suddenly appearing to kill Ludd gives me chuckles and smiles. :)

How about this for a scenario. Roderick marries Elenor and acquires the military backing of her father. Lord Whitehill receives news that

• edited March 2015

Hahaha yeah I appreciate that the Ramsey part sounds a bit far fetched, however so did Roderick.....returning to Ironrath alive...

I like you idea about Gwynn and Roderick. I can see it now.....Roderick and Gwynn are about to tie the knot (or in the case of GOT change the cloaks and proceed to the bedding ritual!) Asher arrives right in the middle of the exchange of vows!.......Then there's a confrontation between Gywnn, Roderick and Asher. Asher, in his fury tries to attack Roderick. However Roderick doesn't want to harm his brother (yeah I know he's not exactly 100%, but hey it's still his brother - his brother who is understandably upset) so he proceeds to deflect the incoming blows. Unfortunately Ludd decides that this is an opportune moment to try and stab Asher in the back, Roderick sees what is about to happen, and sticks Ludd in the gut with his sword, Asher realises what has just happened and decides to finish Ludd off with a killing blow, thus putting him - and everyone else I might add, out of their misery.

Oh and I've just realised, I've essentially ripped off the Red Wedding xD.

That's an interesting idea but the Ramsay part seems a bit far fetched IMO. It still would be interesting to see something similar to that.

• That wouldn't really make sense unless they make her character very useful and likable.

I hope it doesn't end up being a save Gwyn or save a Forrester family member decision

• Yeah, hahaha that's one person you definitely don't want crashing your party! That and Lord Manderley arriving with his giant pies!.....Don't eat the pies!

Ramsay: "Oh hai, everyone! I just want to join the paaarty! Let me stab Ludd through the THROAT for the luls!" I don't know, but the thought of Ramsay suddenly appearing to kill Ludd gives me chuckles and smiles.

• Gwyn said something to Rodrick at the funeral about ' this war must end, we don't have to be enemies... ' or something along those lines.

What if we can unite the 2 houses? I know it's certainly not ideal in any way, and will never happen if Ludd Whitehill lives ( which is a non issue cause im gonna kill him the first chance i get ) but, what if Rodrick can decide to let the 'Feud' die with Ludd? And then propose to join the 2 houses with Asher and Gwynn and teach the remaining Whitehills how to conserve their forrests.

We all know the Boltons wont be in power forever, and when they aren't anymore, the Whitehills will be in the position that the Forresters are now. And if they don't want to be ruined they will need to make deals and/or concessions as we have. Gwyn really gives me hope that there may be a way to turn our enemies to allies and that they can't all be as bad as Ludd.

• I'm expecting the big choice to kill Lord Whitehill will be from Asher's POV, and doing it will ruin any prospect of love with Gwyn.

So, the choice of sweet revenge, or waifu?

• The scenario of Asher suddenly showing up and attacking Rodrick seems like too much of a soap opera to me.

Hahaha yeah I appreciate that the Ramsey part sounds a bit far fetched, however so did Roderick.....returning to Ironrath alive... I like

• Yeah, I thought something along those lines as well. If your attempt with of securing the Glenmores failed, they could try to implant Gwyn and Rodrik marrying to end the feud.

Though now that I think about it, I don't think Ludd would approve it no matter what the circumstances are. It could be something that happens after he dies and they just want to end the war between the two houses.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

Gwyn said something to Rodrick at the funeral about ' this war must end, we don't have to be enemies... ' or something along those lines.

• Thats what im leaning towards too. There's just no way in hell that the Forresters will be able to work with Ludd in my opinion.

Yeah, I thought something along those lines as well. If your attempt with of securing the Glenmores failed, they could try to implant Gwyn a

• Even then, I'd still save the Forrester.

That wouldn't really make sense unless they make her character very useful and likable.

• The whole joining the two houses by marriage thing is something that had considered since Ep1. I wonder how many children Ludd Whitehill actually has and if Gwynn is his oldest daughter?

So far we know that he has Gwynn and Griff (who is apparently a 4th born son). So I'm guessing that he has at least 4 children if we assume that Griff is the youngest.

If the Whitehill male line dies, this leaves only the daughter(s). If Gwynn is the eldest, then this could create an opportunity to marry Asher to her. This would essentially make him Lord of Highpoint in her name!

• Wait.....you didn't actually think I was serious about this? The whole scenario is SO over the top it's ridiculous! I guess I'm going to have to put JK (joking) at the end of all my posts from now on xD.

AgentZ46 posted: »

The scenario of Asher suddenly showing up and attacking Rodrick seems like too much of a soap opera to me.

• Ludd has five children; three sons plus Gwyn and Gryff. Gryff is said to be the fourthborn son, and Gwyn isn't a male so she doesn't count as one of the other three.

The whole joining the two houses by marriage thing is something that had considered since Ep1. I wonder how many children Ludd Whitehill ac

• I predict Asher + Gwyn + Beskha love triangle.

Alt text

• Oops XD I'll work on my ability of detecting sarcasm.

Wait.....you didn't actually think I was serious about this? The whole scenario is SO over the top it's ridiculous! I guess I'm going to have to put JK (joking) at the end of all my posts from now on xD.

• Hahaha I like the way you think =p. However I got the distinct impression that Asher and Beska's relationship was purely platonic and that he still has some feelings for Gwynn.

MagnusLupus posted: »

I predict Asher + Gwyn + Beskha love triangle.

• Oh of course, I can't believe I over looked that! This is of course assuming that he only has one daughter. I think he only has one daughter, but I might be wrong.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Ludd has five children; three sons plus Gwyn and Gryff. Gryff is said to be the fourthborn son, and Gwyn isn't a male so she doesn't count as one of the other three.

• edited March 2015

I would think a marriage between either Asher or Rodrik and Gwyn isn't something that will be that far fetched. Problem is, Ludd will obviously not be happy with it as well as most of his children (maybe Gryff will be cool with it considering we don't know his character yet, but maybe not). I guess we have to see how it goes before something like that happens though.

The whole joining the two houses by marriage thing is something that had considered since Ep1. I wonder how many children Ludd Whitehill ac

• Too funny. I am definitely of the opinion that Asher and Gwynn may save both their houses. But i agree with Haley Taurus that it seems that Beshka is more of a sister type figure to Asher than a romantic one.

But hey, you never know in GOT, and all speculation is good speculation.

MagnusLupus posted: »

I predict Asher + Gwyn + Beskha love triangle.

• Beskha right now

Alt text

Hahaha I like the way you think =p. However I got the distinct impression that Asher and Beska's relationship was purely platonic and that he still has some feelings for Gwynn.

• Gross dude.

Beskha right now

• I've heard on the forums that the best assumption for what's going to happen between them is that Rodrik will die, leaving Asher to take the title of Lord Forrester. He will then marry Gwyn to save their houses from disaster. That works out, since they were in love once and could still be in love... If that were to happen, however, it would be a short time of happiness. There's still a war going on and the likelihood of a happily ever after where everyone survives is... Well, there is no likelihood.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.