Has anyone noticed that nobody at the wall has acknowledged that Garred is actually innocent?

Comments

• Gared did kill, so he isn't innocent.....

Unless you're talkign about something else.

• Innocent for what?

He did kill those Whitehill/Bolton men and now he is hiding from the people that surely want him dead. Or are you referring to the fight with Finn? Cause you can start the fight and even if not, nobody would give a damn if your innocent in that situation, they just wanted to see a fight.

• But he's not, he did kill someone, I mean it was self defense but he killed at least one soldier.

• He's innocent in the sense that he did not commit an actual crime as it was self defence. They seem to disregard the reason for the killing.

kaleion posted: »

But he's not, he did kill someone, I mean it was self defense but he killed at least one soldier.

• It doesn't matter why you join the Night's Watch. They could care less since they get criminals all the time who've claimed that they killed in self-defense without any proof. What proof does Gared have that he killed in self-defense?

Wolfeh posted: »

He's innocent in the sense that he did not commit an actual crime as it was self defence. They seem to disregard the reason for the killing.

• They do not care and the law in the North is the Boltons and if they say it´s crime then it´s crime.

He's innocent in the sense that he did not commit an actual crime as it was self defence. They seem to disregard the reason for the killing.

• It doesn't matter. Innocent or guilty- you're still a member of the Night Watch with no way out.

• There is no stand your ground law in Westeros.

• Jon Snow didn't kill anyone at all, I don't recall anyone question him about this either or maybe I have forgotten.

• Gared hasn't taken his vows yet, so there's still the chance for him to get away. Although there wouldn't be much for him beyond the Night's Watch.

jokerofish posted: »

It doesn't matter. Innocent or guilty- you're still a member of the Night Watch with no way out.

• He joined willingly because he's a bastard, there was nothing to question him about.

Jon Snow didn't kill anyone at all, I don't recall anyone question him about this either or maybe I have forgotten.

• Protection maybe? Considering the Whitehills and the Boltons want him dead.

Senrain posted: »

Gared hasn't taken his vows yet, so there's still the chance for him to get away. Although there wouldn't be much for him beyond the Night's Watch.

• But Gared didn't technically volunteer like Jon did, with no extenuating circumstances. The Forresters sent him to protect him from the Boltons.

And the only time that you have the Option to take the vows or not is if you volunteered on your own, then change your mind prior to taking said vows.

Senrain posted: »

Gared hasn't taken his vows yet, so there's still the chance for him to get away. Although there wouldn't be much for him beyond the Night's Watch.

• Oh... yeah. He's talking about Gared's virginity.

Gared did kill, so he isn't innocent..... Unless you're talkign about something else.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.