Whose side would you rather end up with?

2»

Comments

• I would follow Varys and Tyrion till the end.

• edited February 2015

Not to mention the army he built with that Braavosi money that more than overran the giant army of Mance Rayder

Edit: Giant not only in the number of troops, but also in the fact he actually had giants.

• My mira'd be bff with Cersei :P

• Thank you! I have been saying this shit about Stannis for, literally years. I really don't understand why people think he's remotely a good guy, or why he would make a good king.

Stannis could have prevented most of the events of TWO5Ks, by simply telling his King and brother that he was being cuckolded by Cersei and Jaime. Or failing that, by responding to the Hand of the King when he summoned him back to Kings Landing. As was his Duty.

But no, he ran away like a little bitch.

Hbh128 posted: »

If we're not talking about playing as one of the Forresters, I'd go with Danaerys. She's done questionable things, but she's getting better.

• You think he can surpass Boromir I mean Eddard for that title?

Rickon is going to grow up to be the most badass motherfucking Stark who ever lived. Count on it.

• I would just join the Nights Watch. Without them, all this fighting over the 7 kingdoms won't mean shit. And also whoever wins, you are safe cause they don't take sides.

• Robert didn't like Stannis and never listened to him before so why would suddenly start listening to him about Cersei?

Arya_Stupid posted: »

Thank you! I have been saying this shit about Stannis for, literally years. I really don't understand why people think he's remotely a good

• Aegon and Blackfyre are dead.

E2Saint posted: »

I dont think I would ever join with her. If anything I would join with Stannis and the other northern houses to put a Stark back in power in

• Thank you, but Stannis had to leave. Jon Arryn opened the book, and then he was killed. He shared the knowledge with Stannis before he died, but Stannis didn't get the evidence he needed. Eddard was executed shortly after viewing the proof of the incestuous scandal for himself. Whoever knows, and ever at any time holds the proof in their hands, is killed shortly after. It is guarded by intrigue. Stannis' retreat was a tactical one. He was gathering support from wherever he could in preparation to take the throne by force and prove Joffrey's illegitimacy afterward. His downward spiral only began when Melissandre made contact with him.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

Thank you! I have been saying this shit about Stannis for, literally years. I really don't understand why people think he's remotely a good

• Spoilers from books;

Forced choice: Stannis, why? House Forrester provides him a scout in the books...

• The thing is, we never even see him try.

Robert may not have liked his brother, but he did respect him. He put Stannis on his small council, he gave him Dragonstone (the hereditary seat of the Crown Prince), he kept him in King's Landing for most of the last 17 years when he could have easily rid himself of Stannis' presence at any time. I truly believe that if Stannis had brought this situation to his brother, Robert would have listened at the very least. Now he may not have believed everything outright, without some proof. But his suspicions would have been raised, and he would have made inquiries. Lets not forget, Robert neither liked nor trusted Cersei either.

Now whether this would have played out well for Robert and Stannis and their 'side', or just gotten them all killed sooner, i admit is dubious. But my point was only that it was Stannis' duty to his King and brother IMO. Whether it worked out well for him or not.

Robert didn't like Stannis and never listened to him before so why would suddenly start listening to him about Cersei?

• I agree that for the story to progress, for Ned to come south, Stannis had to flee to Dragonstone.

Obviously everything has played out exactly as it had to for things to boil over into the WO5K, and so on. I think that GRRM is a genius in how intricately these books are put together, and plotted out. That is what makes it fun for us all to spend years speculating....' If this One thing changed, what would happen here, or there?'

I guess my point is that i don't think that Stannis will be a good King for many reasons, most Melissandre related. But some are just plain Stannis. as i stated above to Mighty Pirate, i believe that Stannis failed in his duty to his King and Country, and War was the result. I get that it had to happen the way it did, but to me it was one of the first marks against him because he could have done things different and maybe saved lives.

Moving on, i think that Melissandre is the worst thing to happen to Everybody in Westeros. To me she is a 'Whore of Babylon' type character preaching filth as gospel. And like Maester Aemon said (paraphrasing, dont have books handy), 'the further you follow the false light, the farther into darkness you'll be led.'

She's gonna fuck us all, i know it.

Hbh128 posted: »

Thank you, but Stannis had to leave. Jon Arryn opened the book, and then he was killed. He shared the knowledge with Stannis before he died,

• More like "the cancer gave me that pun", am I right?

They are cool.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.