Like the Queen and her brother...

edited February 2015 in Game Of Thrones

So simple question, do you guys find it weird that people ship Ethan and Talia? Personally I'm fine with it (but part of that may be that Jaime is my favorite show/book character), but I don't really see why it's there besides people to have weird thoughts.

Again I don't personally ship them (a little too icky for me), but if others want to then go ahead, there's tons of incest on the books and show. The worst part for me is their age, because I thought they were supposed to be 14-16.

Comments

• Wat. People are shipping wat.

That's almost as bad as Cluke.

• im sorry but i cant understand your question...is it "just like the Queen Cersei & Jaime" do you find it weird that Ethan and Talia might have the same sexual relationship as "them"?

• I'm asking if others think its weird that people like to write/draw Ethan and Talia having a romantic relationship (similar to Jaime and Cersei), even if they don't in the game. Sorry if what I said was hard to understand.

im sorry but i cant understand your question...is it "just like the Queen Cersei & Jaime" do you find it weird that Ethan and Talia might have the same sexual relationship as "them"?

• edited February 2015

And the reason I referenced Jaime and Cersei was because of Ramsay's reference towards them in Iron From Ice.

im sorry but i cant understand your question...is it "just like the Queen Cersei & Jaime" do you find it weird that Ethan and Talia might have the same sexual relationship as "them"?

• I've not seen a single person ship them, but if somone has, that is absolutely disgusting.

• I believe this threat is the only place people discuss their "romantic relationship". Honestly, I've never heard of it before - it's absolutely clear that Ethan and Talia had warm brother-sister relationship that has nothing to do with awful dreams and theories of some "fans".

Ethan Ricks posted: »

I'm asking if others think its weird that people like to write/draw Ethan and Talia having a romantic relationship (similar to Jaime and Cersei), even if they don't in the game. Sorry if what I said was hard to understand.

• I didn't read books but really in many years ago,people officially married to their brother or sister.For example in Iran,A lot of kings hade many sister-wife! But I think there is nothing with them.

• In Game of Thrones universe the Targaryen's did this a lot to "keep their blood clean".

Sherlock221 posted: »

I didn't read books but really in many years ago,people officially married to their brother or sister.For example in Iran,A lot of kings hade many sister-wife! But I think there is nothing with them.

• I think it's worse than Cluke if I'm being honest.

Wat. People are shipping wat. That's almost as bad as Cluke.

• Hmmm...I would say Cluke is a bit worse.

I mean, what this thread suggests is absolutley disgusting, but at least they are (probably) both of age.

That doesn't make it better though :P

I think it's worse than Cluke if I'm being honest.

• It's still incest though. Cluke is disgusting, but Ethalia, or whatever you want to call this monstrosity, is as well.

Hmmm...I would say Cluke is a bit worse. I mean, what this thread suggests is absolutley disgusting, but at least they are (probably) both of age. That doesn't make it better though :P

• Yes, that's wierd, and I'm not fine with it either. Yuck! Putting aside the fact that he's dead, it's even worse than the super gross Jaime and Cercei relationship which always made me want to vomit, since they're children.

• edited February 2015

Shit like this is dumb as the people who ship it likely have no understanding of their bond. They're twins, they're bound to be close, but some people are so dense that they can't tell the difference between platonic and romantic relationships.

• I'd most likely understand if it was RodrikxAsher

but Ethan and Talia? no way.

• I prefer Ashrik actually.

• Alt text

TheCatWolf posted: »

I prefer Ashrik actually.

• No, pretty sure two consenting adolescents, even if they're brother and sister, is better than one adult and one girl very far below the age of consent.

• Also I heard (I just heard don't judge me!) In Canada and Africa a lot of people ............................... You know what I mean!

• Hasn't it already been implied that Talia has feelings for Gared? And Ethan is already dead so I think there's zero chance of Ethan x Talia happening.

• People still ship Nuke despite both being dead in the game.

• You are probably making it up, but I've never heard of this "shipping" on these forums (seriously not once), that's fucking disgusting.

• I ship Asher and Malcolm.

• it might be on tumblr...

weird shit happens there sometimes.

DoubleJump posted: »

You are probably making it up, but I've never heard of this "shipping" on these forums (seriously not once), that's fucking disgusting.

• Asher X fat guy is better.

I ship Asher and Malcolm.

• Potato x Cotter is even better.

Green613 posted: »

Asher X fat guy is better.

• edited February 2015

Sera X Cersei's wine vase thingy tho.

Potato x Cotter is even better.

• sweet love to sweet potatoes

Potato x Cotter is even better.

• I think the guy's name was Cotter.

• Well, I wouldn't be surprised with people shipping them. I still don't know why, but a lot of people seem to like twincest...

• edited February 2015

DOUBLE POST GODDAMNIT PHONE.

• Wait where did you get this info? I never heard of it

• I haven't it personally, but it's talked about on Tumblr and there's a couple of stories on fanfic sites.

DoubleJump posted: »

You are probably making it up, but I've never heard of this "shipping" on these forums (seriously not once), that's fucking disgusting.

• So this ship is a combination of incest and necrophilia?

Alt text

• As a Canadian, I can confirm that that has never been true.

Sherlock221 posted: »

Also I heard (I just heard don't judge me!) In Canada and Africa a lot of people ............................... You know what I mean!

• edited February 2015

I agree. Cluke was bad.

• They had a beautiful brother and sister relationship, why does it have to be ruined by weird people who ship them as a couple? (not to mention that he is dead).

• They're together in the afterlife.

People still ship Nuke despite both being dead in the game.

• [removed]

I prefer Ashrik actually.

• In Germany I heard that.Don't judge me please! So you say it is totally wrong? .................. is not tradition?

ChocoHallic posted: »

As a Canadian, I can confirm that that has never been true.

• edited February 2015

The fact that some of these idiots are shipping it is fucking disgusting. Does incest turn them on? Video Game or not its unethical and nasty. If you have "no problem with it" just.. why

Sign in to comment in this discussion.