Installation Error

I keep getting the "Installation directory must be on a local hard drive error when I try and install!!!! Please help. I bought this on Feb 2 and still haven't been able to install it!

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

• I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply h

My apologies, can you please clarify if you are attempting to install it to the default file path, or to a custom file path on a separate hard drive on your computer? If you are attempting to install it to a secondary drive, please try running the installer again, and try installing it to the default install path, and see if the game is then able to install successfully.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ormzo9

• Yeah I've tried both and still gettin the error

My apologies, can you please clarify if you are attempting to install it to the default file path, or to a custom file path on a separate ha

• What should I do?

Can you please clarify the steps you are taking to install the game? The steps you should need to complete to install the game to your computer are as follows:

1) Go to your My Games page, and click the The Wolf Among Us icon.
    2) Once on the game's page, click on the Download Game button, and the 'TheWolfAmongUs.msi' file will download to your computer.
    3) Find the 'TheWolfAmongUs.msi' file, and place it on your Desktop.
    4) Double-click the file, and the installer will open.
    5) Follow the directions to install the game to the default file path (do not change any options in the process).

If these steps do not work to install the game, I noticed your laptop's graphics card's drivers are outdated. Please try updating them to the latest version, and then retry the install process again.

What should I do?

• Sorry to bother ya again but its still giving me the Installation must be on a local hard drive error. Coincidentally how much space do I need on my hard drive? I only have 7 GB on mine. Do u think that has any bearing on the problem? I've even tried to install it using the command prompt as an administrator. I'd really love to be able to play it I heard its awesome. I have found all the telltale games I've played awesome. If we cant get it to work is it possible to just exchange for an xboxone copy? or refund?

My apologies, you can try clearing a few more GBs of space, to see if that resolves the issue, but it should not need more than 5-6 GBs of install space with all of the episodes downloaded/installed. If you still experience the issue, you can also try installing it in a Compatibility Mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME) and see if you are then able to successfully install the game. If none of these suggestions work, and/or you would rather inquire about a refund for the game, please contact/email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and they will be able to assist you with that request. Please make sure to include the email address associated with your Telltale account, and the Order ID number that you received at the time of purchase, in the email.

Sorry to bother ya again but its still giving me the Installation must be on a local hard drive error. Coincidentally how much space do I ne

This discussion has been closed.