A red night in Ironrath?

So, I was thinking, how cool would it be for Rodrik, ser Royland, Duncan and most other Forrester men, once there is a turning point in the Gryff Whitehill storyline, to murder the whole whitehill garrison at night? Perhaps once Asher has returned, or Rodrik is wed to Eleana, and they are ready to declare war on the whitehills.

Comments

• Whatever works, just don't forget to throw in "Rains of Castamere" for good measure.

• I could imagine being able to take Gryff hostage and use him to trade for Ryon

• Might work, but they need to get them drunk and be sure about having the backing of Glenmores.

• The Rains of Castamere is a Lannister song. But I get your meaning. Maybe Talia could create a new song for house Forester =).

Lingvort posted: »

Whatever works, just don't forget to throw in "Rains of Castamere" for good measure.

• And then at the end of the episode, Ryon's body is delivered to you in multiple parts. And Lady Forrester goes insane and starts trying to piece them back together again.

• Only there is a twist, and it turns out that Ryon isn't really dead. He has in fact been spirited away by Gwynn Whitehill, who has grown fond of him and didn't want to see him killed.

And then at the end of the episode, Ryon's body is delivered to you in multiple parts. And Lady Forrester goes insane and starts trying to piece them back together again.

• Only for Ryon to murder Gwyn in front of Asher just as he arrives back from Essos.

Only there is a twist, and it turns out that Ryon isn't really dead. He has in fact been spirited away by Gwynn Whitehill, who has grown fond of him and didn't want to see him killed.

• Lol, I totally forgot about Ryon being in the hands of Lord Whitehill XD

And then at the end of the episode, Ryon's body is delivered to you in multiple parts. And Lady Forrester goes insane and starts trying to piece them back together again.

• Have you forgotten about the bastard of Bolton? :P

As soon as he learns of that, he will order Whitehill to kill Ryon, he will come to Ironrath, starve you out until you have to surrender (or just storms the gates).

He will rape your family, he will have a 'hunt' with Talia and Lady Forrester, he will keep the males alive until they die of pain and exhaustion and torture.

All in all, not a good idea. Like, not at all.

(btw the fact that Ramsay doesn't march on Ironrath in the show proves this won't happen)

However, I'm pretty sure we will get an epic battle before the Season's end still. After Ryon is safe back home and Stannis has killed Mance's army, he will march on Winterfell (not immediatley, but he will). Maybe this still happens in Season 1 of the game? If not, then it's still 'semi-confirmed' by the books that House Forrester joins Stannis' army in Season 2.

If they already know that by the end of Season 1, they can declare war on House Whitehill, perhaps with Glenmore support, and burn Highpoint to the ground.

The Boltons are too busy with Winterfell at that point, and even Ramsay won't be able to have 'fun' with the 'traitors'. Whitehill seems to have a quite large army, but not as large as a Forrester/Glenmore alliance (probably)

• edited March 2015

I agree, a "red night" at Ironrath would fuck things up for them more than it would help them. but at the same time I think there will be a full out battle. However, I'm not sure if they are gonna include Stannis this season.

The game has been said to be from "end of S3 to beginning of S5." We aren't sure when in S5 Stannis will begin his march on Winterfell and Roose Bolton, so its pretty likely we won't meet Stannis or be recruited by him till the beginning of S2.

Some of my theories are that the season ends on a cliffhanger, right before the eventual battle between Forresters and Whitehill. At the same time at the Wall, Gared requests an audience with Stannis after the Battle of Castle Black and asks for his help to free Ironrath and in return they will swear fealty to him. Just a theory, probably wrong :P

Have you forgotten about the bastard of Bolton? :P As soon as he learns of that, he will order Whitehill to kill Ryon, he will come to Ir

• She already has ;)

Don't tell me you forgot about the Credits Song :o

The Rains of Castamere is a Lannister song. But I get your meaning. Maybe Talia could create a new song for house Forester .

• Yeah I suppose that could work =p

She already has Don't tell me you forgot about the Credits Song

• An instrumental of Talia's song could be good for something like that.

She already has Don't tell me you forgot about the Credits Song

• Indeed.

Just imagine, riding into battle against the Whitehills, while a powerful, loud Instrumental of The Ballad of the Forresters plays...good times.

JakeSt123 posted: »

An instrumental of Talia's song could be good for something like that.

• Dude that should totally be how the season ends, on a cliffhanger where the screen goes black right before the battle starts. Kind of cliche but it would be so badass :P

Indeed. Just imagine, riding into battle against the Whitehills, while a powerful, loud Instrumental of The Ballad of the Forresters plays...good times.

• TELLTALE HIRE THIS MAN!

Indeed. Just imagine, riding into battle against the Whitehills, while a powerful, loud Instrumental of The Ballad of the Forresters plays...good times.

• They will soon enough :D

TELLTALE HIRE THIS MAN!

• Hmm...I'd like to see the battle before the Season's end, but that would work aswell :^)

Dude that should totally be how the season ends, on a cliffhanger where the screen goes black right before the battle starts. Kind of cliche but it would be so badass :P

• Unless the Forresters can take on the Boltons, it is imprudent for them to mess with any Bolton Bannerman, and that includes the Whitehills. That was why Ethan was killed, because that pig farmer Gared killed men belonging to the Warden of the North.

• "Pig farmer Gared." Pretty harsh, huh?

Anyway, I agree. Going to open war with the Whitehills wouldn't be the smartest thing unless they have some sort of plan ready if the Boltons get pissed about it.

DifangDuana posted: »

Unless the Forresters can take on the Boltons, it is imprudent for them to mess with any Bolton Bannerman, and that includes the Whitehills.

• edited March 2015

Well, if I am a Forrester, I'd be plenty pissed that this lowly squire has brought Ramsay to my doorsteps.

Too bad as Lord Ethan I did not have the option of giving his ass to Ramsay whilst I beg for forgiveness.

"Pig farmer Gared." Pretty harsh, huh? Anyway, I agree. Going to open war with the Whitehills wouldn't be the smartest thing unless they have some sort of plan ready if the Boltons get pissed about it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.