Determinant characters

I really like the fact that there are some characters that are in the story that can allready be dead. These were some of the moments in other Telltale Games that I really liked as long as they were done right... Anyway, I wondered whats gonna happen with determiant characters in GoT. Like Bowen for example.. are we gonna see him in the future if we saved him? or the Whitehill guard if you spare him.. is that gonna have some consequences? And I really liked that there are some secondary antagonists in this episode that are either alive or dead at the end of this episode.. I assume we will kill them in later episodes if they lived but still kinda cool... Feel free to share your theories!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• And also like Pete and Alvin

• edited March 2015

Hopefully they play a bigger role, or at least like they did in Walking Dead S1.

• I mean, just because we saved Bowen, doesn't mean he didn't die. The Red Wedding wasn't exactly an easy place to escape with your life!

• Show some respect man, that's Lord Bowen you're talking about. He's the Chett of Game of Thrones - determinant character who's status will never be discovered.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

I mean, just because we saved Bowen, doesn't mean he didn't die. The Red Wedding wasn't exactly an easy place to escape with your life!

• Pete and Alvin's deaths were good though. Imo, the best in the season.

And also like Pete and Alvin

• They were.. Alvins was my favourite.. i realize now i didnt get the meaning of his comment at first.

Pete and Alvin's deaths were good though. Imo, the best in the season.

• Yeah. I liked Pete's more, since it spanned the entire beginning of episode 2

They were.. Alvins was my favourite.. i realize now i didnt get the meaning of his comment at first.

• Determiant?

• You know like bowen he can die

TheFurryOne posted: »

Determiant?

• You know Damien (the guy who tried to kill mira) is determinant but the coal boy isnt. So if you run away you get both characters. I just thought that would be interasting to you.

• I meant that the title has a typo.

Lord_EAA posted: »

You know like bowen he can die

• Ummmm then why would they make it a choice?

I mean, just because we saved Bowen, doesn't mean he didn't die. The Red Wedding wasn't exactly an easy place to escape with your life!

• o ....sry

TheFurryOne posted: »

I meant that the title has a typo.

• How do you know if Coal Boy survives if you decide to run away?

You know Damien (the guy who tried to kill mira) is determinant but the coal boy isnt. So if you run away you get both characters. I just thought that would be interasting to you.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited March 2015

I believe some people have said he shows up on the "Next Time" trailer, and even though those are unreliable, that would be a huge oversight for them to leave in.

How do you know if Coal Boy survives if you decide to run away?

• Oh yeah. That is a huge oversight, but I wouldn't trust the "Next Time" trailer regardless. Its likely he may have gotten help from some of Varys' other birds so Damien is dead regardless.

dojo32161 posted: »

I believe some people have said he shows up on the "Next Time" trailer, and even though those are unreliable, that would be a huge oversight for them to leave in.

• They havent been reliable in any other games so they are probably not gonna be in this one... i think that he dies if you run but whatever you do the teaser is the same...

• edited March 2015

Not according to the trailer since the coal boy states theyre intorogating him (damien)

Oh yeah. That is a huge oversight, but I wouldn't trust the "Next Time" trailer regardless. Its likely he may have gotten help from some of Varys' other birds so Damien is dead regardless.

• video? From what i saw for both choices the coal boy says they are questioning "people" about the guard, i dont remember that he says they are questioning damien...

Not according to the trailer since the coal boy states theyre intorogating him (damien)

• Thats a well known glitch. Hes supposed to say "I saw the guards questioning him". I could show you a video but my hotel internet wont let me and could accidentaly give you one with the glitch.

video? From what i saw for both choices the coal boy says they are questioning "people" about the guard, i dont remember that he says they are questioning damien...

• here's the sad truth about determinant characters:

they either die, don't come back, or play a very minor role. it's sad, but telltale can't make two games totally different.

Alt text

• I saved Sarah in TWDG.. then she died, like ten minutes later. I want Bowen to be alive, really, I do.

Ummmm then why would they make it a choice?

• I personally think that Elaena Glenmore is going to be a determinant death while playing as Rodrik. It's also possible that either Ryon or Talia will also be determinant. The Coal Boy/Tom might have been one, but we won't know until episode three. The guard clearly was.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Yeah they haven't been reliable, but thus far I don't believe they've shown a determinant character who died in someone's playthrough in the preview before. Though there's a first for everything!

They havent been reliable in any other games so they are probably not gonna be in this one... i think that he dies if you run but whatever you do the teaser is the same...

• Alt text

So true, though.

Show some respect man, that's Lord Bowen you're talking about. He's the Chett of Game of Thrones - determinant character who's status will never be discovered.

• As far as I'm aware, we're not going to really know the answer to that until the next episode... Even if on the official wiki it says that he's not determinant, they may be making sure that it's not official until number three is out. :/ I also don't trust the "next time" trailers. Even if he showed up, it's likely that he could just be there depending on your choice (or TT wanting to make it seem like that's why he's in it, if that makes sense). Since he's not a major character and the trailers haven't been completely accurate in the past (or so I've heard), it wouldn't surprise me.

How do you know if Coal Boy survives if you decide to run away?

• Yeah but sarah was as special case. To be honest amid the ruins was a special case. It was given to a writer that was inexperienced ( or atleast not experienced enough) and its the ONLY telltale games episode in which every choice feels pointless even if its not. Every other determinant has atleast had a lasting precence. Nick did almost nothing but telltale went out of its way to show him as much as possible and give him as many lines as they could so i think they'll do something like that with bowen ( minus the second Nick death stupidity of course).

I saved Sarah in TWDG.. then she died, like ten minutes later. I want Bowen to be alive, really, I do.

• Nah they MENTIONED him.

Yeah they haven't been reliable, but thus far I don't believe they've shown a determinant character who died in someone's playthrough in the preview before. Though there's a first for everything!

• Not really

jules_v_g posted: »

here's the sad truth about determinant characters: they either die, don't come back, or play a very minor role. it's sad, but telltale can't make two games totally different.

• Coal boy isnt. Damien (that guard) is belived to be but not 100% confirmed

choircorgis posted: »

I personally think that Elaena Glenmore is going to be a determinant death while playing as Rodrik. It's also possible that either Ryon or T

• What the hell does determiant mean?We What

• edited March 2015

lol determiant :P

Clemenem posted: »

What the hell does determiant mean?We What

• There, i fixed the title. you all HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

• I hope Bowen shows again. I think we all know that the writers of S2's Episode 4 weren't all too familiar with how determinant works, but the GoT writers obviously are experienced.. so, I guess we'll see. I hope we see him again, without him dying in the same scene. I'm sure Telltale could just have him show up once or twice, and then leave without his death. It's not like we have too much reason to see him more than once or twice anyway.

Yeah but sarah was as special case. To be honest amid the ruins was a special case. It was given to a writer that was inexperienced ( or atl

• If Bowen dies, we get a Norren will remember that. They must reappear, right?

I hope Bowen shows again. I think we all know that the writers of S2's Episode 4 weren't all too familiar with how determinant works, but th

• We can hope. I mean, they do sometimes do 'X will remember that' when they really won't. I mean 'Carley will remember that' 30 seconds before she was shot. And Doug, I think? Granted, we did see their corpses, but.. still..

If Bowen dies, we get a Norren will remember that. They must reappear, right?

• You now need to sacrifice your right arm to the Grammar Nazis.

There, i fixed the title. you all HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

• Are you telling us that we all engage in happy?

:P

There, i fixed the title. you all HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

• No they didn't get Nick to do things. They could have done so much more than Nick. Nick didn't even know that Clementine was partially responsible for him being alive. There could've been a side story about that, and then maybe HE takes the Carver beating, rather than Kenny. Maybe he fights back, and dies in the process. THAT would be a good determinate character. All that chenges from then on are some scenes talking about Nick, and then different animations for the Kenny/Jane fight. That would be a good amount of things for a determinate character to do.

Yeah but sarah was as special case. To be honest amid the ruins was a special case. It was given to a writer that was inexperienced ( or atl

• It's strange how the first determinant characters in a TTG had the most story and impact.

Harpadarpa posted: »

No they didn't get Nick to do things. They could have done so much more than Nick. Nick didn't even know that Clementine was partially respo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.