Episode 3 Release Date Discussion- PC/Mac/PSN US Mar 24 - Xbox 360/One/PSN EU Mar 25 - iOS Mar 26

Comments

• edited March 2015

Actually, they already started with the voice recording way way before. Don't be deceived thinking they've only begun the voice recording recently because of the latest tweets.

Guys if we're hoping for an early to mid April release and they are only doing voice recording NOW, well then, we are in for a much longer wait I'm afraid. Now, on the other hand, if they are presently recording dialogue for Episode 4....

• I think it is for Episode 4, or just some retakes.

ArthurV, who is Telltale staff, visited this thread some time ago (page 7). Quote:

Naw, don't worry about it! You guys and gals are great. Just didn't want our awesome fans to think we had only just started on the episode or anything like that. We've been hard at work on 103 for some time. I think you'll all be pleased. :-)

Which makes me believe they are already further along with Episode 3. Also note that was 1-2 weeks ago, so they are further now.

Guys if we're hoping for an early to mid April release and they are only doing voice recording NOW, well then, we are in for a much longer wait I'm afraid. Now, on the other hand, if they are presently recording dialogue for Episode 4....

• I died a little inside

TheCatWolf posted: »

You know what else has 3?

• OMFG I can't wait! (Though I have a feeling we'll have to wait until May or something)

• May? Nah, this isnt tales from the borderlands.

Linsepins posted: »

OMFG I can't wait! (Though I have a feeling we'll have to wait until May or something)

• A7 is mah Birthday :D

Liki91 posted: »

I believe A7 is probably the right release date and the earliest. I look forward to it - and to Emilia Clarke. World premiere in London o

• So they're still doing VO. Guessing we won't see this next ep this month then. I'm checking the PS store every day :P

• Call it a hunch, but I think it might be recording for Episode 4 and not Episode 3. A similar thing happened when Job tweeted about seeing a "scaley" model in "an upcoming episode" that did not appear in Episode 2.

• Thread: episode 3 release date

when is episode 3 release date?

• Telltale has different parts of a team work on different episodes of a Season. It is very likely that they are recording for Episode 4 at this point and not Episode 3, if there is still recording going on. A Telltale Staff member made a post stating that voice acting had not "just started" for Episode 3 like I had initially thought upon updating the thread title.

ThomasDes posted: »

So they're still doing VO. Guessing we won't see this next ep this month then. I'm checking the PS store every day :P

• The future.

• In 4 months

• Like @PuhChewyChomp said

Nah, this isnt tales from the borderlands.

torkahn808 posted: »

In 4 months

• Copy for Press?
    Alt text

• Bit early for that. Press copies usually go up the week before release. This is probably just an update... or an early version of Episode 4.

elgardo4 posted: »

Copy for Press?

• The longer the wait. The more I forget about it. If they take much longer with episode 3 I will totally forget and probably only remember once they have released them all.

• Honestly, Game of Thrones is shaping up to be one of Telltale's most consistent releases when it comes to their newer games. Every 2 months is a safe bet, and that's not a bad waiting time at all.

benmain84 posted: »

The longer the wait. The more I forget about it. If they take much longer with episode 3 I will totally forget and probably only remember once they have released them all.

• Episode 2 of TftB came out. Now we wait for Game of Thrones!

• edited March 2015

On the Steam Database the Episode 3 of game of thrones is not Encrypted anymore which means the episode is complete at 2.10 gigabytes! That means this episode is larger than episode 1 and 2 of GOT! We're really close to release then! !

https://steamdb.info/app/330840/depots/

• This can be the copy for press, because Episode 3 is complete on the steam database and is not encrypted anymore! Its complete and is 2.10 gigabytes which is the largest GOT episode yet!

elgardo4 posted: »

Copy for Press?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2015

Telltale usually compresses episode file sizes before release at various points after initially uploading a episode with larger file sizes. That's the initial size of a typical episode before Telltale later compresses it several times to end up being a size that is around a little more than 1.5 gigs.

On the Steam Database the Episode 3 of game of thrones is not Encrypted anymore which means the episode is complete at 2.10 gigabytes! That

• I think sometimes, Telltale will upload an early build of the episode before they upload the press copy.

This can be the copy for press, because Episode 3 is complete on the steam database and is not encrypted anymore! Its complete and is 2.10 gigabytes which is the largest GOT episode yet!

• edited March 2015

Yeah they usually keep compressing the file to around 1.5 gigs for most episodes but in the compressing process, it always says Encrypted in the Extra Info section. The most recent update happened 11 minutes ago and now it doesn't say encrypted which only happens when the episode is finished extracting. Same thing happened to Tales right before it came out.

Telltale usually compresses episode file sizes before release at various points after initially uploading a episode with larger file sizes.

• Hmm, that's interesting!

Yeah they usually keep compressing the file to around 1.5 gigs for most episodes but in the compressing process, it always says Encrypted in

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited March 2015

Job just tweeted this.

Alt text

So it looks like we might get some news this week :)

• I'll laugh if TTG will release 3 episode week or two after TftB. :D Though I doubt that. It reminds me of another situation similiar to this one and in that case they released episode a few weeks later so we might have to wait a little longer yet.

On the Steam Database the Episode 3 of game of thrones is not Encrypted anymore which means the episode is complete at 2.10 gigabytes! That

• edited March 2015

News for TftB already? Nice. :) Also good news about GoT. I guess they will release episode 3 at the end of March or at the beginning of April.

OzzyUK posted: »

Job just tweeted this. https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/578086813585129473 So it looks like we might get some news this week

• edited March 2015

Since they said March is in like a skag ( Tales from the borderlands ep.2) and out like a dragon (GOT Ep. 3), I predict the episode comes out March 31st. I don't think its going to be next tuesday (3/24) because its too close to TFTB and the same day as the Handsome Collection. After episode 1 of GOT it took exactly 8 weeks for episode 2. And March 31st is exactly 8 weeks after episode 2. It seems like they are coming out every 8 weeks then.

Job just tweeted this. https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/578086813585129473 So it looks like we might get some news this week

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I think Job made a typo, i edited my post with his new tweet.

Tewudin posted: »

News for TftB already? Nice. Also good news about GoT. I guess they will release episode 3 at the end of March or at the beginning of April.

• I see. Now that sound even more interesting. It probably won't be new episode because it's impossible for them to release it a week after the previous one but either way I'm curious about what they want to show us.

I think Job made a typo, i edited my post with his new tweet.

• Wow it feels like its only been a month...Smooth move Telltale smooth moves...

Alt text

Alt text

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2015

<_<

Wow it feels like its only been a month...Smooth move Telltale smooth moves...

• edited March 2015

They are always watching us...

I mean -Telltale-love for US ;D

Wow it feels like its only been a month...Smooth move Telltale smooth moves...

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited March 2015

It's coming!!!

Alt text

.@GameOfThrones: A @TelltaleGames Series Ep 3 'The Sword in the Darkness' is coming! Watch here for more details... pic.twitter.com/4Ja48kzVBR

— Telltale Games (@telltalegames) March 18, 2015

• Alt text

It's coming!!! .@GameOfThrones: A @TelltaleGames Series Ep 3 'The Sword in the Darkness' is coming! Watch here for more details... pi

• Alt text

It's coming!!! .@GameOfThrones: A @TelltaleGames Series Ep 3 'The Sword in the Darkness' is coming! Watch here for more details... pi

• Awesome, hopefully by the time I return from my trip to China, it will arrive. :)

• Well, I wasn't expecting it so soon. Well done, Telltale.

• edited March 2015

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.