Shiping

2»

Comments

• Pototter

Miklaus posted: »

The only OTP is CotterxPotatoes

• There's nothing wrong with fan fiction. I write fan fictions all the time, not about the characters in the original story, but about an entirely new set of characters just set in the world. There's more to fan fiction than just shipping.

dojo32161 posted: »

I just don't like shiping in general as I don't like Fanfiction at all.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited March 2015

I know, I just don't like fanfiction in general. I consider shipping just one of the sub-groups that is part of fanfiction.

I just don't like the idea of messing with someone else's world (without permission anyway).

There's nothing wrong with fan fiction. I write fan fictions all the time, not about the characters in the original story, but about an entirely new set of characters just set in the world. There's more to fan fiction than just shipping.

• Haven't really considered anything for the game, but in the show I low-key ship Arya and Gendry. dodges tomato

• No need to dodge, lol. Arya and Gendry is a pretty popular ship from what i gather. And not entirely without any probability either, like some ships.

Haven't really considered anything for the game, but in the show I low-key ship Arya and Gendry. dodges tomato

• And not entirely without any probability either, like some ships.

I think the show writers did try to hint at it. "I could be your family."

;_;

If they reunite when they're both older (and if they're still alive...where the hell is Gendry anyway? Did he drink the salt water? Is he still rowing?) it would be pretty sweet tbh.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

No need to dodge, lol. Arya and Gendry is a pretty popular ship from what i gather. And not entirely without any probability either, like some ships.

• And not entirely without any probability either, like some ships. I think the show writers did try to hint at it. "I could be your f

• edited March 2015

fair enough. I enjoy it, because no matter what the content is, it can always be improved in some way. With the mass of people writing fan fictions about it, it's likely at least someone will strike gold and actually make a valuable addition.

dojo32161 posted: »

I know, I just don't like fanfiction in general. I consider shipping just one of the sub-groups that is part of fanfiction. I just don't like the idea of messing with someone else's world (without permission anyway).

• Hmm...maybe he'll lose his sense of direction, accidentally row all the way to Braavos, and meet up with Arya again. :S

JakeSt123 posted: »

Still rowing.

• I low-key ship Arya and Gendry. dodges tomato

People actually don't ship Arya X Gendry? Bruh.

Haven't really considered anything for the game, but in the show I low-key ship Arya and Gendry. dodges tomato

• Dunno, I was expecting a 'BUT AGE DIFFERENCE' when that difference is really, like, a mere 4 years or something. That'll be irrelevant when they're both older.

Green613 posted: »

I low-key ship Arya and Gendry. dodges tomato People actually don't ship Arya X Gendry? Bruh.

• I believe that Talia may have a crush on Gared and that's the end of it.

• Asher x Beshka

Rhys x Fiona

Mira x coal boy.

• Alt text

And not entirely without any probability either, like some ships. I think the show writers did try to hint at it. "I could be your f

• So this question is maybe dum but...wtf means "shiping" xD

• It's supporting a pair of people in a romantic relationship, think Han Solo and Leia. I ship that.

Xemnes posted: »

So this question is maybe dum but...wtf means "shiping" xD

• I'm not realy sure where Gendry is on the show, maybe just gone? In the books, he is blacksmithing for the Brotherhood Without Banners at one of the Inns near the Trident (can't remember which right now), and keeping an eye out for Arya. I believe te last we see him he had just saved Brienne from Biter and Rorge?

And not entirely without any probability either, like some ships. I think the show writers did try to hint at it. "I could be your f

• edited March 2015

Talia and Gared no way.. Too much 'age difference' (different fases of life) in my opinion. He looks about reaching adulthood (18), whilst she looks to me about the age when she just had about her first monthly bleed. I ship Gared with my Oc (fanfic in develepmont) though

My game ships though:

Rhys x Fiona
    Rodrik x Eleana (happens, yes!)
    Sascha x August/Vaughn

• You realize that in this world there is really no such thing as too much of an age difference? Both Arrianne Martell and Brienne of Tarth were betrothed to men in their late 60's, while Arianne is 23 and Brienne 19.

As soon as a girl has her first period she is counted a woman and ready to breed.

As for Gared we have no definite age for him, he could be 15. No one has said in game if he's even counted a man grown, which he would be at 16.

Linsepins posted: »

Talia and Gared no way.. Too much 'age difference' (different fases of life) in my opinion. He looks about reaching adulthood (18), whilst s

• Sascha x August/Vaughn

Wait...What? You ship Sasha and August?

That's a thing I haven't see before.

Linsepins posted: »

Talia and Gared no way.. Too much 'age difference' (different fases of life) in my opinion. He looks about reaching adulthood (18), whilst s

• Ah okay. thx Captain!

It's supporting a pair of people in a romantic relationship, think Han Solo and Leia. I ship that.

• You... fuck potatoes?

Miklaus posted: »

The only OTP is CotterxPotatoes

• More like 14 than 16.

It's acceptable by ASOIAF standards any way

She seems 15-16 and he seems 19, 20 at max. Maybe im wrong, i dunno... Some information would be nice.

• edited July 2015

Yep. Talia is pretty much a woman for ASOIAF standards, even if Rodrik calls her a child.

Edit: Oh hey this thread is old.

_DIO_ posted: »

More like 14 than 16. It's acceptable by ASOIAF standards any way

• Talia is confirmed to be 13 and Gared is said (by Telltale) to be in his mid-to-late teens, so in Westeros it's not fantastical by any stretch of the imagination. Besides, Gared always came across as 15-16, maybe 17 (barely a 'man grown' in Westerosi terms); come on, by his age most are beginning to move on to other things. It's implied that he squired for Lord Gregor since he was quite young, and we can't take Podrick as an example (his mentors have a tendency to die or pass him on). Regardless, just look at Tyrion and Sansa (even though they were both sold off to each other) or Jon Arryn and Lysa Tully, or Walder Frey and his many many wives; Westeros tends not to care about age once the girl's hit puberty, and the age gap between Talia and Gared is among the more common in GRRM's world. The only real obstacle would be their differences in station - Talia is the daughter of a lord, a bannerman to House Glover (who are - or were - on equal station to the likes of the Boltons or Manderleys, whilst Gared's father was a pig farmer. A pig farmer. Lords' daughters are a (however convoluted) form of currency between Houses, used to climb the ladder of power. Lord Gregor is clearly fond of his squire, and the Forresters consider him one of their own, but it couldn't happen. If anything it would be one of those secret loves that ends with a knife in Gared's gut.
    Still, it's clear (unless he's brought before Stannis and the man releases him from his oath) that Gared will die by the end; the Whitehills want him dead, the Boltons want him dead, and he's broken his vows to the Night's Watch. We all know how deserters are treated at the Wall.

JakeSt123 posted: »

I feel a bit iffy about Gared & Talia, considering one is 18-19 and the other is 14-15. Admittedly I kind of think they'd be good for ea

• Yup, I read somewhere that Lord Forrester was in his mid-fifties whereas Lady Forrester is in her early forties, so Gared and Talia really isn't that bad.

Talia is around 15 and Gared is like close to 20. In Game of Thrones terms, that's not entirely uncommon.

• Arthur x Rodrik, Beskha x Asher, Cotter x potatos, Gared x bacon, Finn x a certain hand, Ludd x shit, Ludd x death, Ludd x piss, Ludd x Gryff, Ludd x Ludd

• That actually sounds like something Littlefinger would do: make a snide comment to get some kind of enjoyment (at this point, even Jaime can't stand her). Difference is, he'd run. And run and run and run. Stop by to pick up his 'prize' and hop on that ship. For all his evil he's a creepily fun character, like Ramsay; he's such an evil bastard, but charismatically so - clear example: sausage scene. I laughed. My cousin threw up. But I laughed. Maybe it's my psychopathic tendencies, but it was just funny.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.