Possible cameo by Eddard Stark in the game?

I'm not talking about a full-on resurrected Sean Bean, as I'm sure that would undo everything GRRM has sought to accomplish with this series, but maybe a surprise appearance in either a dream sequence or a hallucination. Hell, maybe he could even show up as some kind of ghost. The supernatural does exist in GRRM's world, after all, even if he tries to downplay it.

Comments

1. There are no ghosts in Game of Thrones. I mean, at all.
    2. Eddard Stark isn't connected with the Forresters, at all.
    3. I don't think Eddard the Ghost has anything important to say.

So, no.

• I don't think Eddard the Ghost has anything important to say.

I'm waiting here to see funny comments about what Eddard would have to say...

JohnKersky posted: »

* There are no ghosts in Game of Thrones. I mean, at all. * Eddard Stark isn't connected with the Forresters, at all. * I don't think Eddard the Ghost has anything important to say. So, no.

• Why did you make this thread, exactly? You gave no reasons as to why Eddard would even begin to have a reason to appear. Also, like JohnKersky said, there are no ghosts in Game of Thrones.

• Why did you make this thread, exactly?

Just plain old simple human curiosity. Why do you ask? Are you applying for a job as a Grand Inquisitor?

Why did you make this thread, exactly? You gave no reasons as to why Eddard would even begin to have a reason to appear. Also, like JohnKersky said, there are no ghosts in Game of Thrones.

• And then you reply, only addressing one part of my comment.

Why did you make this thread, exactly? Just plain old simple human curiosity. Why do you ask? Are you applying for a job as a Grand Inquisitor?

• With regards to your first point, the ex-maester Qyburn (in the books) has a conversation with Jaime about ghosts, and leaving a part of yourself behind when you die. And both Bran and Rickon see The Ned the night he dies in their dreams, Bran has a whole conversation with him about Jon. Whether this is only because they are wargs or not is ambiguous.

So, i wouldn't be so sure that there is no such thing in the World of Ice and Fire. I'd say there's a possibility, even if it's slim. Also it is stated in the codex that Eddard came to Ironrath and was envious of its beauty, or something along those lines. And he was their Liege Lord and Warden of the North.

As to the OP i agree with you John Kersky, It isn't likely and there is really no point to this besides some fan service at the expense of story.

JohnKersky posted: »

* There are no ghosts in Game of Thrones. I mean, at all. * Eddard Stark isn't connected with the Forresters, at all. * I don't think Eddard the Ghost has anything important to say. So, no.

• JohnKersky posted: »

• She's not a zombie; she's resurrected. There is a distinction. She isn't undead; she's alive again. She doesn't crave human flesh. She isn't mindless. She can think and would be able to talk if her throat hadn't been cut. While vengeful, she isn't uncontrollably aggressive. Her body, while damaged and scarred, isn't rotting or falling apart. You don't have to destroy her brain in order to kill her again.

The wights are heaps closer to zombies than she is.

zyzzyvette posted: »

Maybe not ghosts, but there are zombies! http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Catelyn_Tully#Quotes_about_Lady_Stoneheart

• Ned's a boring character to me anyway, he has no ties to the Forrester's at this point either

• As far as it might've been interesting, I don't see this happening. Why? Like everyone before me said, there are no ghosts in GoT. It's possible that he knew Forrester's or at least some of them but still.

• edited March 2015

I love Ned Stark and all, but did any of the Forresters even really know him? They were the bannermen of his bannermen. Kind of...far down the foodchain.

• Maybe in the show. But I don't see it happening in the game.

1. That's stupid he's dead at this point

2. Why would he show up as a ghost he probably never even knew the Forresters

• No that twat, saw enough of him in the show.

He would have to be terribly shoehorned in as well, it wouldn't be worth it.

• Joffrey will be using his skull as a candle holder.

"Come, Sansa. I have something to show you. Do you know who this belonged to?"

Alt text

• Perfect <3

Scaeva posted: »

Joffrey will be using his skull as a candle holder. "Come, Sansa. I have something to show you. Do you know who this belonged to?"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.