Unpopular Opinions Thread - Game of Thrones Edition

So I figured "why not have one of these for Game of Thrones?" Post any opinions of yours on the game, show, or books that you think are rather unpopular. I'll start:

Game - Mira is one of the best protagonists, Lady Forrester is not crazy, and Game of Thrones is much better than Tales (though I figure this is a more split opinion than unpopular)

Show/books - I feel like neither Dany or Stannis deserve to have the Iron Throne tbh.

What about you?

Comments

• I hated Ethan on the first playthrough.

Whitehill > Forrester

Ramsay Snow is the best character.

• I didnt care when Ethan died

• edited March 2015

I don't really hate Lord Whitehill.

I think both Ned and Robb deserved their fates. They both had a way out, but neither followed it.

• I don't care about Duncan, even as Gared. Royland is much better.

• edited March 2015

Game- I prefer Finn over Cotter.

Show/Books- Daenerys is my least favourite character. I hope she's killed off before she has a chance to claim the Iron Throne.

Joffrey was the most interesting character in the series.

• I prefer the show over the books.

I wanted the hound to win against Brienne.

I never disliked Jaime Lannister

I wanted Rodrik to stay dead and I still do.

Alt text

I prefer the show over the books. I wanted the hound to win against Brienne. I never disliked Jaime Lannister I wanted Rodrik to stay dead and I still do.

• edited March 2015

I find Asher more attractive than Rodrik.

• edited March 2015

I didn´t care about Robb (at all) but i liked Catelyn <3

Bran is annoying (HE WON'T APPEAR IN SEASON 5!!!!!!!!!!!)

I like Cersei .-.

Ethan suck

Elissa Forrester is cool

Dany FTW! Stannis suck.

• I liked Joffrey and wanted him to live.

• edited March 2015

Alt text

"I read Game of Thrones before it was even cool" - Hipsters that didn't

Lingvort posted: »

I prefer the show over the books.

• I see it better if you play as the Whitehills

• I didn't hate Ethan, but I don't see the reason why people like him so terribly much

• Lord Whitehill is hilarious, mostly because of his good voice acting

• I don't really like Mira

• Asher seems a bit forced at times (I still like him though)

• I like the wait between Episodes, at least if it is on a frequent base like it is now. It helps build the tension and investment up.

• edited March 2015

Lord Whitehill is hilarious, mostly because of his good voice acting

Geoff Leesley just has that awesome voice I like to listen to. He's great. I can't stand Ludd, though.

* I didn't hate Ethan, but I don't see the reason why people like him so terribly much * Lord Whitehill is hilarious, mostly because of h

• Though I don't see it as better, I thought that would have been really interesting too. Instead of a House trying to survive, you're a House trying to conquer. It'd be a pretty cool twist.

I see it better if you play as the Whitehills

• Alt text

Though I don't see it as better, I thought that would have been really interesting too. Instead of a House trying to survive, you're a House trying to conquer. It'd be a pretty cool twist.

• edited March 2015

I enjoyed when Boltons killed Gared's father.

I didn't want to punch Finn in the face

I totally enjoyed kissing Lord Whittehills ring and bending the knee in front of Ramsey

I wouldn't like to be a person who poured whine to Joffrey.

• I think Danny is annoying.

I think Brandon could die and nobody would care.

I think Ned and Robb deserved their fate.

And i don't like Oberyn.

Just joking. Who could possibly dislike this guy?

Alt text

I <3 Oberyn

• I have understanding of Joff and Ram

I think Ethan is weak

Ned Stark is a warlord rapist

Drogo is the ultimate warrior and fuck Dany for killing him :'(

Royland's acting during Ethan's death made the scene funny the same way Caetlyn made Robb's funny

Jaime Lannister is a bit of a dick

Tyrion is a smart little shit

I would slide in Cersei even if she was preg with incest babies

• I don't like Hodor.

• How dare you?

I don't like Hodor.

• Everything is Catelyn's fault.

• Robb Stark was one of the worst kings the North has ever seen.

• Alt text

I don't like Hodor.

• Please don't hodor me :(

How dare you?

• Robb had no right or reasonable motive whatsoever to start this war. Lots of people aside from his very own family had to suffer because he let himself push into the role of a king and general - he was terrible at both and constantly blamed others for his failures and losses. Should have stayed at home and play thumb war with Hodor.

Jack1575 posted: »

Robb Stark was one of the worst kings the North has ever seen.

• I would like to see Littlefinger sitting on (or behind) the Iron Throne at the end of the song.

Oberyn was not as cool as people say he was.

I don't really want sex in this game.

• Your username is amazing. Like for you.

I would like to see Littlefinger sitting on (or behind) the Iron Throne at the end of the song. Oberyn was not as cool as people say he was. I don't really want sex in this game.

1. Daenerys>>>>Stannis.
    2. I didn't really like Khal Drogo.
    3. I haven't found Game of Thrones to be as depressing as some people said it was (even more than The Walking Dead), and I have to disagree.
    4. I hate Bronn. He's a cold man and if asked to kill a newborn, he would ask how much for it.
    5. Game of Thrones isn't all about sex, and the Telltale's GOT will still be good even if it doesn't have it present.
  • I don't really think liking Dany over Stannis is that unpopular. I mean if most of the people would prefer Stannis there wouldn't be so much of these Stannis vs. Dany wars all over the internet :D Sooo... what I'm saying is that it's probably pretty much 50/50 on that.

But I must say hating Bronn is extremely unpopular opinion for what I know :D

Grafite posted: »

* Daenerys>>>>Stannis. * I didn't really like Khal Drogo. * I haven't found Game of Thrones to be as depressing as some people

• Robb was great when it came to battle tactics, he just sucked at the most important part of war: politics.

rousseau posted: »

Robb had no right or reasonable motive whatsoever to start this war. Lots of people aside from his very own family had to suffer because he

I've never seen anybody with a mindset like this. The show just takes stuff from the books and leaves out some cool characters. Plus the books have more subtlety to them, to the point where some things are only inferred, not outright explained, like the show does.

I prefer the show over the books. I wanted the hound to win against Brienne. I never disliked Jaime Lannister I wanted Rodrik to stay dead and I still do.

• I hate how George made the Starks White Knights

• Gryff Whitehill is attractive.

Cersei isn't that all that attractive with her typical hair style.

rlly m8

Gryff Whitehill is attractive. Cersei isn't that all that attractive with her typical hair style.

• Extremely handsome. The Legolas of Game Of Thrones.

... rlly m8

• Daenerys is my least favourite character. I hope she's killed off before she has a chance to claim the Iron Throne

Buddy, we all want her to get killed. There's no reason for the books or the show to show her. Seriously, with the Small Council, they pretty much tell us what she's doing. Her scenes are useless and a waste of time and money.

MrHazer posted: »

Game- I prefer Finn over Cotter. Show/Books- Daenerys is my least favourite character. I hope she's killed off before she has a chance to claim the Iron Throne. Joffrey was the most interesting character in the series.

• Hodor!!! Hodor!!! HOOOOOODOOOOOR!

Please don't hodor me

• I really like the Lannisters.

I don't hate Sansa and Brann's storylines.

Arya was a complete little shit leaving the Hound like that.

• I don't like Ned Stark.

I hate Bran and his storyline with a burning passion.

I felt bad for Joffrey when he died.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.