Episode 3 Release Date Discussion- PC/Mac/PSN US Mar 24 - Xbox 360/One/PSN EU Mar 25 - iOS Mar 26

Comments

• Yup, you're stuck with us :)

What shocked me even more than it be released tomorrow was that Xbox One had the same release date as PC. Now I won't have to suffer through a day like Atlas Mugged avoiding the forum for spoilers.

• I fear for her life i_i

"You have a good head for business (...) it would be terribly disappointing to see it in the end of a picke."

Shiiiiiiit.

OMG MIRA IS GOING TO GET IN SO MUCH TROUBLE! IT'S OFFICIAL!

• This and LiS Ep2...M'Lord...This is too much.

• Release dates already?! YES!!

Alt text

• Tomorrow?!

This is the fastest episode release of Telltale yet!

• Is tell-tale being biased by releasing it in the US first I think so

• It's not being biased at all.

Is tell-tale being biased by releasing it in the US first I think so

• At least since the season finale of Season 2, the waiting time between Ep4 and Ep5 was only 5 weeks.

But yeah, 7 weeks is really fast. I was expecting it in a month.

Pride posted: »

Tomorrow?! This is the fastest episode release of Telltale yet!

• Different storefronts work in different ways. I imagine it's not ideal for Telltale to have some people play the episode before others do, but it's just a matter of fact that Telltale has to accommodate to odd release schedules sometimes.

Is tell-tale being biased by releasing it in the US first I think so

• The waiting time between Wolf Among Us Episodes 4 and 5 was also pretty quick.

At least since the season finale of Season 2, the waiting time between Ep4 and Ep5 was only 5 weeks. But yeah, 7 weeks is really fast. I was expecting it in a month.

• Yeah, also 5 weeks I believe. But 205 was the last of those 'quick releases' (until now)

The waiting time between Wolf Among Us Episodes 4 and 5 was also pretty quick.

• I know right?! And Cersei talking about how a handmaiden should know her place... omg

I fear for her life i_i "You have a good head for business (...) it would be terribly disappointing to see it in the end of a picke." Shiiiiiiit.

• Release date on my birthday sweet!

• Happy early birthday.

DTA30 posted: »

Release date on my birthday sweet!

• It's being released this week? Mother of God....

Alt text

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Which is a more detailed way of saying its not Telltale's decision when something's released on PSN or Xbox Live.

Different storefronts work in different ways. I imagine it's not ideal for Telltale to have some people play the episode before others do, but it's just a matter of fact that Telltale has to accommodate to odd release schedules sometimes.

• ...Yup, pretty much. :p

HiroVoid posted: »

Which is a more detailed way of saying its not Telltale's decision when something's released on PSN or Xbox Live.

• Will it be available at Midnight EST? I'm really looking forward to continuing this incredible story.

• Telltale games tend to have midnight releases (Only on the tell tale store not on steam) at midnight PST. If they have one at all.

Atomicfox91 posted: »

Will it be available at Midnight EST? I'm really looking forward to continuing this incredible story.

• It's downloading for me from the store client.

• edited March 2015

wtf??? i prefer game of thrones. how was my comment in ANY way hate?

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that Game of Thrones is out this early. I simply made a statement.

For the last time, they have separate teams. Jesus, Borderlands fans need to stop with the unnecessary hate.

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

It's live on PC and Mac from the TTG store.

• edited March 2015

If you're still around, @ArthurV , is there an embargo this time? Because IGN's posted their review. 7.7

(I'd post the link but as I'm unsure whether there's an embargo . . . But I'm guessing there's a chance there's no embargo if people are already downloading from the TTG store. Actually, I'll just post the links as I'm assuming there's no embargo with more reviews being live.)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/24/game-of-thrones-episode-3-the-sword-in-the-darkness-review

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/game-of-thrones-episode-three-the-sword-in-the-dar/1900-6416076/ = 8

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/03/24/review-the-sword-in-the-darkness-episode-3-in-telltales-game-of-thrones-series/ = The reviewer says they'd easily give it a 10/10 which is encouraging, with it being a fan site.

http://www.gamesradar.com/game-of-thrones-game-season-one-review/ = No score.

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

There's no review embargo. Post away!

Rob_K posted: »

If you're still around, @ArthurV , is there an embargo this time? Because IGN's posted their review. 7.7 (I'd post the link but as I'm un

• Thanks! Thought there wouldn't be with other reviews going up.

ArthurV posted: »

There's no review embargo. Post away!

• Ok so this is the first time I am actually playing a telltale game. I purchased a season pass about a month ago when first two episodes were already out. So I am not sure about how it works when the new episodes come out. The in-game episodes menu in my PC still says that Episode 3 is "COMING SOON!". Is that supposed to happen? I mean it's 24th already. Or do they release it at some exact time (like with the trailer)?

• edited March 2015

If you didn't buy it directly through telltale; say if you used steam, it may take awhile for steam to update.

manutd678 posted: »

Ok so this is the first time I am actually playing a telltale game. I purchased a season pass about a month ago when first two episodes were

• I think they release the Steam version at least at 10 am PST

Ok so this is the first time I am actually playing a telltale game. I purchased a season pass about a month ago when first two episodes were

• I bought it through the Telltale website

MosesARose posted: »

If you didn't buy it directly through telltale; say if you used steam, it may take awhile for steam to update.

• Then you should be able to download it through the in-game menu. Try restarting the client and then clicking on the episode button.

I bought it through the Telltale website

• Just finished playing Episode 3. Pretty good. You guys were right, shit did hit the fan.

• thanks but it didn't help. I'll try the support section

StrawHuman posted: »

Then you should be able to download it through the in-game menu. Try restarting the client and then clicking on the episode button.

• Ehh Tales From The Borderlands is still better. Runs away arms flailing

• Omfg why is it so late on STEAM?! That means I have to wait a day to play it! D:

DiverseGnu posted: »

I think they release the Steam version at least at 10 am PST

• screw that game its funny yes but has a horrible horrible story.

Ehh Tales From The Borderlands is still better. Runs away arms flailing

• I know your pain, brother :(

Linsepins posted: »

Omfg why is it so late on STEAM?! That means I have to wait a day to play it!

• BTW your name rules

(pssst.. it's sister) ;P

I know your pain, brother

• I think it tries too hard too be funny.

screw that game its funny yes but has a horrible horrible story.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.