Soooo...who stayed down?

edited March 2015 in Game Of Thrones

My Rodrik got up again and again... I wasnt staying down for that bastard. Though I think it may have been a mistake...

Comments

• I chose to stay down, as I figured the pragmatic thing to do was to set my pride aside for the time being.

• did that change anything? I mean do you get anything from it?

I chose to stay down, as I figured the pragmatic thing to do was to set my pride aside for the time being.

• I got up. It felt so good. I didn't care if Royland or Talia would die.

• There is different dialogue in the end with Talia and Rodrick, and Gryff is not as violent and harsh to people afterwards. I suspect that that change will have further reaching consequences next episode, when Gryff responds to those who stayed down versus those who got back up.

did that change anything? I mean do you get anything from it?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited March 2015

I got up on the first prompt but stayed down on the second one, i was worried if i kept getting up Gryff might hurt or kill one of my family members as punishment.

• What is the dialogue? Does it sound like you made the right choice?

• I figured by getting up, I'd give my people a chance to see we weren't done yet. They were losing faith in episode 1. I wanted to show them their Lord still had fight in him :-)

• If the lord stayed down in the mud it would probably be much harder to rally the peasants when the time comes.

• edited March 2015

The first time, I stayed down, the second time I got up. I felt that, from a narrative stand-point, getting up was the better option.

• edited April 2015

I stayed down even though I refused to kiss the ring in the previous episode. It is the right thing to do, no need to provoke the nasty psycho boy. The Forresters can get their revenge later.

• edited March 2015

I stayed down. I don't know why but I believe Gwyn. I think that they wants Forrester's to give them reason to attack and slaugther them. Anyway, the main reason was because I wanted this Gryff fool to think that he won. I hope that in the future episodes we'll have a chance to turn things on our favor and then he'll feel pretty stupid.

• I kept getting up, I knew Gryff was too much of a bitch to really do anything

• I stayed down. I didn´t want Talia to get hurt and I thought about Gwyn´s point.

• Yes, actually. Mother, Duncan and eventually Talia support your choice if you stay back.

ALIENANGIE posted: »

What is the dialogue? Does it sound like you made the right choice?

• I stayed down.

You all gotta remember that Gryff is a fourthborn. He's practically dirt at that point. He's probably experienced it his whole life. By letting him feel in control, you greatly lower his guard, as he's never experienced it before.

Let him celebrate. May be I'll even have my own slaughter in Great Hall.

• I stayed down. I knew Rodrik would be able to take the punishment but I was afraid Gryff would do something to Talia instead.

• I got up the first 2 times, but after he said something would happen to Talia, I stayed down.

Oh I just can't wait until we kill him.

• I didnt play yet...but I know my ass wont stay down...fuck the Whitehills!

• Stayed down, he was trying to provoke Rodrik and I felt like something bad would have happen to Talia if I resisted. Rodrik is the bigger man for not responding to Griff's bullying tactics.

• I can't even begin to describe the rage that I felt during that scene. Even though I agreed to obey him when I spoke to Gwyn, I couldn't stay down like that and let him walk all over me. For a minute there I actually thought Rodrik might end up being killed.

Well done, Telltale.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited March 2015

I got up once, but a true lord needs to give up his pride for the sake of his people, it's the wisest thing to do with the current situation.

• I stayed down. Besides Royland, I had no fighters. I did sync Royland on them, with bad results. And Duncan was too much of a pussy to fight. So continuing to resist was pointless. Also, if the Whitehills decided to do something to the womenfolks, it is not like anybody can do anything about it.

Acting hard is only useful if you can back it up.

• I chose to stay down, I want to play it smart, follow Gwyn's advice and not provoke any more conflicts with the Whitehills.

• I think Gryff's men doubt him already seeing as how he was incapable of keeping a simple cripple down

• Got up at first, but once he threatened Talia I stayed down.

Man, when Forresters are on top I hope there is a Rains of Castamere option. Destroy the Whitehills root and stem.

• So long as Talia/Mother are not raped or killed i most likely keep picking defying answers.

• Hmmmm interesting...I'll try that option on another playthrough. I'm torn though, because Gryff did look like he was losing it at the end...

Lobachevsky posted: »

Yes, actually. Mother, Duncan and eventually Talia support your choice if you stay back.

• Exactly...I was ready to reach through my screen and rip his throat out...

I can't even begin to describe the rage that I felt during that scene. Even though I agreed to obey him when I spoke to Gwyn, I couldn't sta

• I stayed down. It's fun to let him think he's won. He'll be happy, dumb and fat for Rodrik to gut him when he heals.

• I kept getting up.

Alt text

• If you keep getting up it works in your favor I think. Even Gryff's men were like "This brat is in over his head" by the end of it.

• Yep, better start conflict on your terms.

Perzzon97 posted: »

I chose to stay down, I want to play it smart, follow Gwyn's advice and not provoke any more conflicts with the Whitehills.

• edited March 2015

And if lord stayed up, there probably won't be peasants to rally. They die way easier than lords...

Allithus posted: »

If the lord stayed down in the mud it would probably be much harder to rally the peasants when the time comes.

• I'm sure it's one of Gryffs men that mutters. A "My Lord...." As Gryff knees him in the face, in a..." We don't like this , you've gonen too far" kind of way.

• edited March 2015

Fuck staying down, Yolo get up! Seeing Talias face covered in mud and then being told to stay down in the mud pushed me over the edge, So glad Gryff knows he cant fuck with me.

• I've done both now, and I really can't decide what I'll stick with. Staying down seems like the more pragmatic, forward thinking thing to do, and I don't like putting Talia in danger.

But...getting up was badass. And seemed to give everyone some motivation. Rodrik the Ruined might become Rodrik the Unyielding or something by the end of this, that sounds better. :S

• edited March 2015

I got up the first time, but ultimately stayed down, after what he said he would do to Talia. I have a soft spot for her and I didn't want to see her end up dead, just like Ethan.

And I must say this: I hate those fucking Whitehill's!

• I, ALONE, RULE THIS HOUSE !

Neverbackdown

• I love that scene, I rewound the chapter to see the other choices, but came back to this one in the end. The "I am not afraid of you" is pretty epic too :-)

Byakuren posted: »

I, ALONE, RULE THIS HOUSE ! Neverbackdown

• I only allow myself to rewind once I complete the game in it's entirety, so I'll have a look at all that in the end.

The "I, alone, rule this house !" was epic as hell though, gonna be hard to beat :D

ALIENANGIE posted: »

I love that scene, I rewound the chapter to see the other choices, but came back to this one in the end. The "I am not afraid of you" is pretty epic too :-)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.