Were you defiant or obeident towards *****?

edited March 2015 in Game Of Thrones

I'm talking about overall, not just the scene where Rodrik chooses to get up or not. Anyways, did you deft Gryff every chance you got or not?

Personally, I wanted to keep getting up when Gryff was hitting Rodrik, but after he threated Talia, I stayed down. But most of the other times I was a complete smart ass. Going as far to strike one of the Whitehill men, and Gryff himself.

Comments

• Always defiant. You cant back down when he threatens your family. You show him where to target you and keep hiting you.

• Yeah I am almost getting to the point where I understand why the Whitehills hate the Forresters so much. We are very prideful and think we are better than them. Eathan was and now Rodrik is.

• edited March 2015

Like you, I had been up until then defiant. No kissing of rings and I clocked one of the Whitehill men with a goblet (though I resisted the urge to punch Gryff). But yeah, I stood down when he threatened Talia. Let the idiot think he's in charge. We'll see who has pride when all is settled and done.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I didn't do any acts of violence, but I did get up every single time despite the threat.

• Of course, Rodrik is the Lord of Ironrath, I'm not going to be bullied by a Whitehill. I defied him every chance I got, I can't let him and the Whitehills walk right over us.

• I'm basically daring Telltale to call my bluff. I've been defiant with Rodrik since the start and probably the only way i'll stop is if i find out my actions directly the cause the rape or murder of Mother or Talia.

• Pride is a stupid thing. Why bother pissing him off? Just let that idiot think he's in charge, and catch him off guard when he thinks he's won.

• If it were just a matter of pride, I'd agree, but I see it as a matter of dignity. Dignity is not a stupid thing. A house without dignity is not respected and people will be reluctant to stand by that house. I stood up, not for my pride, but for the dignity of my house and people. It's interesting, if you keep standing up it makes Gryff look really bad. Even one of his men (the one who blocks Rodrik's way into the castle in Ep. 2) intervenes slightly and says "My Lord" to Gryff. It made Gryff look pathetic.

Pride is a stupid thing. Why bother pissing him off? Just let that idiot think he's in charge, and catch him off guard when he thinks he's won.

• I REALLY wanted to defy him. I stood my ground as much as I could but after what Gwynn said, I decided I'd try and obey him after he knocked me down.

Trying to be smart, but c'mon, this is TellTale.

• We are better than them. Forrester4life

unseenclass posted: »

Yeah I am almost getting to the point where I understand why the Whitehills hate the Forresters so much. We are very prideful and think we are better than them. Eathan was and now Rodrik is.

• I was defiant all the way, I hit that guard with the goblet, I ordered royland to kill him, I hit gryff, and i stood up all the times just because i loved the reactions of the public around and i was expecting them to take our side and fucking over gryff. But common its game of thrones and telltale working together not good happens. haha

• I caught that too, wavering loyalty there from Gryffs men. Standing up to him can only be a good thing....can't it? :-/

If it were just a matter of pride, I'd agree, but I see it as a matter of dignity. Dignity is not a stupid thing. A house without dignity is

• edited March 2015

I was defiant all the way in this episode.

In episode 2 I kissed Ludd Whitehill's ring because I wanted Ryon to be in his father and brother's funeral, but in episode 3 things went too far.

I was really pissed with the Whitehills, they keep humilliating us and we can't fight back, and that mock of Ethan's death was the last straw. So yes, I was defiant as many times as I was able to in this episode. After all, if you get up with Rodrik all the time, we can see that Gryff is a coward deep inside. He wants order and obediance from the Forresters and his men, but he gets desperate when you don't allow him to have it.

• I'm just going to say that getting up after every punch made it the most epic scene of the episode, along with Gared vs. Britt and Drogon in the cave :p

And well, other than that I tried to be reasonable but to keep some dignity too.

• I've kept to my policy of defiance without violence. I refused to kiss Ludd's ring, and i kep standing up against Gryff untill he walked away exasperated.
    But I didn't punch him, nor did i hit the guard enacting Ethan's death. I know they're just waiting for me to open up hostilities. But if i go all Gandhi against them, I'll have the moral high ground when I'll have to cut open those fuckers

• Defiant. You can actually see Gryff losing control. His own men won't respect him after that.

• Well, the scene after the "defiant or obeident" scene made me feel better about obeident choice, acknowledging that it while it makes me look weak, it causes my enemies to let their guard down, making it look like the smart play.

However, I still enjoy the defiant choice during the actual scene.

I guess we'll see how this plays out in the next episodes.

• I was obeident. I didn't want him to kill Rodrik's mother, or worse, his sister. By the way, am I the only one who wanted Rodrik to steal Gwyn from Asher? ... Then again, I didn't even get the first girl.

• I stood down. I really believe in Asher to get the Army and maybe for the Glenmores - the Whitehills will pay!

• I stood down, but I really, really didn't want to. It was literally painful to try to keep from standing up. Until this episode, I'd always been defiant. I know there are benefits to looking strong in front of your people and making Gryff look bad in front of his men. But I decided I'd play the long game this time and throw a little trust Gwyn's way. It's a risk, but I took a chance to see if it'd pay off. Let's see exactly how much love for Asher will make Gwyn do.

Besides, I figure when I march towards that smug ass Gryff with a whole army at my back right when he thinks he's won, that'll be 10 times more satisfying than standing up to him in that moment.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.