telltale is pushing us...

I felt that telltale is pushing me to a specific storyline no matter what i want to do.
with Mira no matter how much i try to keep my distance from Tyrion (because of purple wedding) i still fuck up
with Gared i don't want to desert but it seems he's gonna do it anyway
and with Rodrick cant they just kill Whitehills in their sleep and take Gryff hostage and trade him for his little brother?

Comments

• You must be new to Telltale games :(
    Thats how it is. They do it to save money and send a message of "We do what we want and you will buy it"

• Gee its almost like they have a story to tell.

Alt text

• Then dont put "Game/story is TAILORED by how you play"

Some stupid things should have an option. Like saying no to Tyrion. Even if you say NO and scream it 10 more times you are still forced into a deal.

Gee its almost like they have a story to tell.

• I think Gared still has potential to stay with the Night's Watch no matter what happens. There is so much story a second season that can come from him being at the wall. Massive wildling Battle, Stannis and all of the Winds of Winter stuff going on.

But yeah this is how telltale games are. There is set story but you can bedazzle it a bit to change the tone.

• I'm not new,I've played all of their games since The walking dead season1 and i loved them all because the main story was so amazing that the consequences didn't bother me that much but in Game of thrones there is no story without our choices.

Hrulj posted: »

You must be new to Telltale games Thats how it is. They do it to save money and send a message of "We do what we want and you will buy it"

• I thought about that too, but I doubt I can even keep Gryff hostage. How will I arrest him, with my little sister and like three trained guys?

• I don't know whether they'll let us choose, though. I never told Cotter I'd go with him (I was evasive), even though I didn't tell his secret to Finn, but the next episode's preview showed me running away with him anyway

I think Gared still has potential to stay with the Night's Watch no matter what happens. There is so much story a second season that can com

• More branching means less overall story that people get to see, more waiting times, worse quality.

It's really that simple. Given fixed time and fixed budged, you can only do so much work. Putting effort into branching means putting effort into something that people don't even get to see (you obviously miss out on the branches if you choose other things).

Hrulj posted: »

Then dont put "Game/story is TAILORED by how you play" Some stupid things should have an option. Like saying no to Tyrion. Even if you say NO and scream it 10 more times you are still forced into a deal.

• Don't trust prewviews, they are dirty liars.

SanQae posted: »

I don't know whether they'll let us choose, though. I never told Cotter I'd go with him (I was evasive), even though I didn't tell his secret to Finn, but the next episode's preview showed me running away with him anyway

• Well, if they keep Gryff hostage, they would trade him for his little brother. But then they would probably kill them, considering what army they have. A sister, I don't actually think Duncan is a fighter, a Maester, and Royland.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.