Did anyone tell Jon? (Ep.3)

Hi all, I hope you all had or are having a great time with episode 3!

A question: Did you tell Jon about the North Grove this episode? If you did, what was the reaction?

Comments

• I didn't because Duncan said "Tell nobody at the Wall"

• Yeah, that is the safe option, and the one I'd take initially. But if you leave the Watch, you are condemning yourself to death if they catch you. By telling Jon, he might allow you to 'visit' the Grove but then come back? That is, if he sees any value in the Grove to the Night's Watch (I doubt he'd do it without any interest for the Watch's behalf). There IS value, they get supplies.

Now, we have a Wildling that knows about it. How safe is that option? I don't trust him, why would he ever help me? I am not his brother at all! The second he can, he will flee and return to his normal life, and with the information on the Grove. The more information the better, so he will use me like a tool, and then get rid of me.

That's my suspicions anyways.

Michelbigby posted: »

I didn't because Duncan said "Tell nobody at the Wall"

• I trust Jon Snow. I feel like he won't rat out Gared. I told him, and Cotter, because I agreed to leave with him. Wait... He knows where Gared is going now. Dammit!

• YOU KNOW NOTHING JON SNO

• What did Jon say about the Grove then? I'm curious :-)

RhysAndLee posted: »

I trust Jon Snow. I feel like he won't rat out Gared. I told him, and Cotter, because I agreed to leave with him. Wait... He knows where Gared is going now. Dammit!

• Very likely your suspicion. I think there's gonna be final fight between Gared and Cotter or another wildling perhaps

• He said something about the lines: ....., and no more talking about the North Grove.

What did Jon say about the Grove then? I'm curious :-)

• I accidentally told him about the North Grove back in Episode Two, so I openly continued to discuss it with him this episode. There really wasn't a reason not to, and I feel like Jon is able to empathize with Gared's position.

• Meh :/ ... he knows nothing.

RaduBota18 posted: »

He said something about the lines: ....., and no more talking about the North Grove.

• Hopefully he'll help out later on :-)

Belan posted: »

I accidentally told him about the North Grove back in Episode Two, so I openly continued to discuss it with him this episode. There really wasn't a reason not to, and I feel like Jon is able to empathize with Gared's position.

• I did...and I regret it. Now that Gared is leaving for the North Grove, Jon Snow knows exactly where he is going. Jon will be honor-bound to kill Gared as a deserter of the Nights Watch.

• I hope we actually get a choice on whether or not to go to the North Grove. I think they only put Britt there in order to ensure that the player can't stay. If you choose not to go you get antagonised to the point of needing to leave or sonething like thst. I really want to play Gared as someone who won't break his vows, so it sucks that TellTale is probably going to screw us over on this "choice"

Ps. Hopefully I'm just paranoid.

I did...and I regret it. Now that Gared is leaving for the North Grove, Jon Snow knows exactly where he is going. Jon will be honor-bound to kill Gared as a deserter of the Nights Watch.

• edited March 2015

Yea, it kind of annoys me that Gared seems to keep getting screwed over by House Forrester. Dude already lost his lord, his friends, and his family and got sent to the wall for his trouble. And now he has to turn traitor on top of it all? Jeez, Louise. Not like a lifetime of mopping up after shit like Craster's Keep wasn't going to be bad enough.

AdamGoodtme posted: »

I hope we actually get a choice on whether or not to go to the North Grove. I think they only put Britt there in order to ensure that the pl

• I was hoping that somehow Jon would see the North Grove as a point of interest to the Night's Watch.

Overall, it is to EVERYONE'S interest that house Forrester manages to survive and survive with their trade intact. The Night's Watch, as we have seen, get regular supplies/ support from house Forrester, so Jon could say "Aye, go, take these guys with you and come back. If you don't, I'll come looking for you, and if I find you, you had better be dead.".

I did...and I regret it. Now that Gared is leaving for the North Grove, Jon Snow knows exactly where he is going. Jon will be honor-bound to kill Gared as a deserter of the Nights Watch.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.