Rate episode 3

edited March 2015 in Game Of Thrones

I thought it was better than 1 but not 2.

Episode 3's better reviewed if you look at each story.

Gared

his story became much more interesting and involved him with the main plot, as hes kind of felt out ona limb so far. The two episodes were necessary set up but I'm glad we got to this point.

Mira

Again felt the tension in her story though choice felt forced here, the game never really gave you the option to not side with tyrion so all the backlash is a bit annoying. Also the kid somehow survives if you runaway and kills the guard regardless and as such everyone is still investigating a murder I had nothing to do with. Still basically destroying everything you did so far feels painful as it should.

Asher

Still felt like random action a lot of the time. Again like Gared all of this stuff had to happen but his story is starting to get a footing

Rodrik

It felt pretty repetitive but the mystery does keep expanding there .

All in all it was well written and the technical problems weren't there for me this time. Though while it was all good I feel like its an episode i'll find less enjoyable on replays. It has a good pace and all this is needed but asher and gared are basically just starting there roles now.

I'd give it a 7 or 8

Comments

1. Gared's storyline - for me, Gared was the central character of the episode and I really enjoyed his part. My only disappointment is that there's no way to avoid killing Britt (well, plot necessity, i understand). Finn's character made a 180 degrees turn and became 'the big blunt guy who just wants to be friends". It was funnt, I think. Least funny was Cotter's secret. Now I don't trust this potato lover at all, cause he keeps steeling from his so called friend and has some uncler reasons to find the North Grove. My guess is that he just wants to use Gared to run away from the Night's Watch and later abandon (or even kill) later.
    2. Rodrik - abusive Whitehills strikes again, this time it's a hysterical warty boy. Rodrik is my favorite character, but I found his part as the most weak in this episode. Traitor twist didn't suprised me, cause I had suspiсions about one person a long time ago.
    3. Mira - poor girl, I tried my best to keep my loyalty to Margaery, but after this episode I regret I didn't asked for her help, didn't steal her seal, the key, refused to forge a letter. In my opinion, she acted like a complete bich, even more that Cersei. As it was mentioned in one of the threads, she didn't do nothing to help the Forresters and still gets angry about Tyrion's offer for help. I was dissapointed. Purple Wedding was ruined in my opinion, I expected to be able to explore, at least. But searching for decree was interesting.
    4. Asher - maybe, this opinion is "unpopular", but I liked Asher's story the most. Good action and landscapes, as well as the dragon. If only there were more dialogue...

8/10

• There is no way to avoid killing anyone in the game really.

Even in cases like the Lannister guard and the Britt where they both end up causing major problems for the character

JohnKersky posted: »

* Gared's storyline - for me, Gared was the central character of the episode and I really enjoyed his part. My only disappointment is that t

• 9.2/10 Enjoyed it even more than Episode 2.

• I agree, the only critic I could move his towards Rodrik's story arc. Compared to the other three, it just pales and shelters into the never ending harassment which we receive by the Whitehills.

9.2/10 Enjoyed it even more than Episode 2.

• I would give it a 9.5/10 I thought it was well paced and each character got some pretty cool moments to shine. It felt like a longer episode of The Lost Lords and I'm completely fine with that.

• 9.8/10. Other than the short Asher screen time, I thought it was amazing. Best episode in the series so far IMO and this is definitely my new favorite Telltale series in general.

• edited March 2015

7.5 or an 8/10. If they actually start giving Asher more screen time then I would bump it to a 8.5.

• pissed i'm done with it already.... it was a solid entry especially being the middle game. 7/10, the reason is because it felt so short. the action was faster and some really tough choices too. a good entry all in all.

• edited March 2015

8/10 The beginning was a little slow, but the part when you have to decide whether to stay down with Rodrik or to get back up again (I forced myself to stay down, REALLY difficult, I have a temper :P) and the confrontation between Garett and that ugly bowl-cut-dude (Britt?) were great moments and really got to me. Absolutely looking forward to the next episode.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.