(Spoilers) Who is the t****** - poll thread

edited March 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Share your thoughts on the topic, who do you think it is, and why. I created a poll on which you can vote here:
http://vote.pollcode.com/12932955

EDIT:
I PUT GARED IN BY ACCIDENT WHEN I WANTED TO PUT HIS UNCE.
Keep that in mind => votes for Gared are for DUNCAN

Comments

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Gared! I always figured he had a hidden agenda and wanting the North Grove all to himself!

• What no Talia? Your list is wrong.

• The traitor is obviously Ethan.

• She wasnt in the woods, if I remember it correctly.

unseenclass posted: »

What no Talia? Your list is wrong.

• I find it really funny that lots of people think Elissa is the traitor. She really can't win on these forums.

Episode 2: 'She threatened to kill all Whitehill babies!! She's obviously a crazy bitch obsessed with killing all whitehills!'

Episode 3: 'I bet she secretely loves the Whitehills and is betraying her husband and five children for them!!! What a crazy bitch!'

• Isnt it suspicious that the blonde forresters have the same hair color as whitehills?

Flog61 posted: »

I find it really funny that lots of people think Elissa is the traitor. She really can't win on these forums. Episode 2: 'She threatened

• I think it is more people think she is like Lady Stark. She still hates the Whitehills but is willing to work with them and do whatever she has to to save Ryon's life.

I find it really funny that lots of people think Elissa is the traitor. She really can't win on these forums. Episode 2: 'She threatened

• I'd say the maester. He told Tuttle that the bloodshed wouldn't have happened with the Starks in power and in the unused voice files he said Gryff was more than a warlord.

• I'm betting all my money on the Maester.

• I'm thinking it's Maester but that's just too easy for a TT game. They'll probably throw us a curveball and it'll be Duncan or Royland.

• The most obvious suspect would be the maester, and the two most likely candidates (for this plot to be emotionally significant) would be Royland and Duncan, but Lady Elissa is also a suspect.

Anyone else? It must be someone who was in all the meetings, so maybe Talia should be included, but I don't see why on earth (and how on earth) she would be able to betray us.

• I do not think it Royland because he risked his life when i ordered him to kill that whitehill.

• I don't know.

I don't want to think of any of them as traitors. Duncan supported me, giving me probably the best advices I could ask for and Royland is the ever-loyal soldier, ready to act at the simplest of my orders, and the Maester saved my damn leg and arm.

I'm gonna take it real hard when the traitor's identity is revealed.

sigh

• edited March 2015

Maybe there is just no traitor. I mean you can't trust Gwyn after all. I think she is playing a game there to see distrust in house forrester.
    She even asked about Asher to get out what he's up to. If they had a spy they would know what's Asher up to right?

Byakuren posted: »

I don't know. I don't want to think of any of them as traitors. Duncan supported me, giving me probably the best advices I could ask for

• But then how would you explain the fact she knows about the Council decision to either find a way to get rid of Gryff or help Ryon ?

The chances of a Whitehill soldier just wandering in there and listening unnoticed is extremely unlikely in my opinion...

I WANT to believe there is no traitor, but all the facts and clues point the obvious way.

_Sarge_ posted: »

Maybe there is just no traitor. I mean you can't trust Gwyn after all. I think she is playing a game there to see distrust in house forreste

• Yep, Gared is totally a traitor, being at the Wall and all. I guess you meant Duncan? :P

Anyway, I think it's Maester.

• She knew their planning in detail. How could that be if there was no traitor?

_Sarge_ posted: »

Maybe there is just no traitor. I mean you can't trust Gwyn after all. I think she is playing a game there to see distrust in house forreste

• Are you serious? Takin' Gared instead of Duncen?

• yeah. But he wasn't harmed. not even beaten. Reminds me of some episode with lilfinger (book content).

This is one thing making me suspicous about him.

• edited March 2015

It didn't seem to me like she knew about the plan. She was talking about her Brother, yes but because she knew that it will escalate i think.

There is another Fact about Gryff in the Scene where he's Punching Rodrick down. Duncan tries to stop him and he's calling Duncan his Dog and stuff. Almost like he would want you to belive that Duncan is the traitor.

Byakuren posted: »

But then how would you explain the fact she knows about the Council decision to either find a way to get rid of Gryff or help Ryon ? The

• Y'know what. All considered, there isn't much to choose. The game deliberately points you towards either Royland or Ortengryn, since they're the only two that have no deep involvement in the plot.

But my dibs are on Duncan. Just because he's the least possible suspect, with the North Grove thing going on. I figured that he's tired of being a castellan and after Gregor's death he struck a deal with the Whitehills: if they wipe out the Forresters and put the Tuttles in charge of Ironrath, he'll swear loyalty to them.
    My guess is that he sent Gared away either to keep him safe and find the North Grove because he figures that it will help the Tuttles have something to make sure the Whitehills will respect their part of the deal.

I don't think he planned to betray the Forresters before Gregor's death. I just think he decided to take advantage of the situation

• Talia is clearly sending ravens to Ryon

unseenclass posted: »

What no Talia? Your list is wrong.

• I hope you're not serious. Duncan is awesome :'(

Endrik posted: »

Y'know what. All considered, there isn't much to choose. The game deliberately points you towards either Royland or Ortengryn, since they're

• edited March 2015

In the poll there is also Elissa.. I can't phathom the hurt when the traitor is actually your mother. We all know she wants them dead.. but she also wants to save Ryon. What if she is forced?

I also don't trust the Maester from the beginning..

• I think its the mother because she has been trough this before and if they convince her that there is no hope, and that anything will cause the destruction of the house, she might be giving information, hoping it actualy helps her save the family

Linsepins posted: »

In the poll there is also Elissa.. I can't phathom the hurt when the traitor is actually your mother. We all know she wants them dead.. but she also wants to save Ryon. What if she is forced? I also don't trust the Maester from the beginning..

• It cant be the mother, why would she do anything that might stop a rescue of Ryon

Duncan and Royland seem to loyal

So I'm guessing the maestor though it would be good if its determinant

• I fully believe the traitor is the girl twin of Ethan's. I can't think of her name, but she is oddly defiant of everything. I think Ramsey grabbing her out and threatening to take her away in the first episode was all planned. And who would suspect her? Apparently no one here at all. Her name does not appear anywhere as even being a possibility.

• What if the traitor is a fake traitor? I could see Duncan feeding the Whitehills with some info, just to feed them with fake info later on, when we need it the most

• If it is Otengryn it might not be for any gain at all. Maesters are assigned to serve at castles and holdfasts throughout the Seven Kingdoms and are bound by their vows to serve whoever holds the castle in which they reside, regardless of changes in lordship. With the Whitehill's in effective control he might just feel to do otherwise would break the oaths he made.

Though I have a bad feeling it might be whoever we chose to be Sentinel and determinate on that choice.

"Ok Duncan's the traitor, I'll just go back and choose Royland."

One replay later.

"What it's Royland now?! Crap! Crap! Crap!"

• Its better like

Episode 2: 'She threatened to kill all Whitehill babies!! She's obviously a crazy bitch obsessed with killing all whitehills!'

Episode 3: 'Whitehills threaten her they kill Ryon, so she sends them info to keep him safe. What a crazy bitch!'

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Nobody suspects her because she's obviously not the traitor.

Allenbird posted: »

I fully believe the traitor is the girl twin of Ethan's. I can't think of her name, but she is oddly defiant of everything. I think Ramsey g

• I think the traitor is the person that you did not pick as sentinal so it's duncaun or ser royland

• I would say Lady Forrester. She's basically Catelyn Stark 2.0

• Well, in order to find the traitor, you should look to who has the most to gain from it. I think we can rule momma Forrester out, as she stands to gain nothing from the ruin of her family and such a plot twist would be too sinister even for Game of Thrones. I fully believe she could do something stupid out of love or grief, but straight up betray her house to the Whitehills? I doubt it.

The Maester seems shady to me, if only for the simple fact that we know little about him. But what does a maester stand to gain from betraying his house? From what I gather, the Maesters are kind of like the Night's Watch in the sense that they swear off lands, families and wealth. What could Ortengryn gain from defecting from one minor Northern house to another? I'm not sure what the penalty for maesters is, for abandoning their duty and their assigned master, but it might not be worth it.

Royland just seems too thick to play any kind of intrigue games. Although he could potentially stand to gain the most from defecting. Either way, it's probably not much. Now that we talk about it, he does advocate action that would obviously lead to ruin most of the time, but is that advice given on purpose, as part of some scheme, or is it just his legendary temper speaking? Myself, I'm leaning towards the latter.

And finally, Duncan. Most people here seem to trust him the most, him being the most trusted person lord Gregor had. But who honestly knows? His advice always favor submission to the Whitehills, but what is it, really? An actual, honest advice, given that it sounds like the clever one most of the time, or the words of a traitor? Could be either, as with Royland. But once again, what does he stand to gain by betraying his allegiance to the Forresters? He was a nobody, a pig farmer turned advisor to a noble, but only around Forresters. Sure, if you depose him, it must sting, but what does he stand to gain by siding with Whitehill? It's not like he can climb much further up the ladder.

Of course, it could just be determinant, that whoever you do not pick as a Sentinel ends up betraying you. I'm not sure if I want that, though. It would make the choice matter, on the one hand, on the other, I feel like it would diminish both characters by making them both act like that if they're not picked. Ultimately, I don't know. The reveal is definitely going to be a big "oh shit" moment.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.