The t******

2»

Comments

• Ortengryn 100%...The dude is totally the traitor, the funny part is that Telltale is trying to lean us to think Royland (With Lady Forrester telling me it) and Duncan (With Gryff saying it)...Telltale isn't one for the straight path.

• Isn't Ortengryn too obvious?

JohnKersky posted: »

Repost from my first threat created in this forum: I noticed there was some sort of misunderstanding about the Whitehill soldiers in the

• Ortengryn is the obvious answer but it feels too obvious.

• edited March 2015

This is untrue, as both Duncan and Royland supported me in trying to save Ryon. The maester, however... Everything I have discussed in council with the maester there, the Whitehills find out about my plans. However, what I noticed is that I had told Duncan (And only Duncan) about the North Grove. The Whitehills don't know about the North Grove as of now, however, they know I planned to save Ryon. It was pretty suspicious how Duncan was the one who was notified about the meeting, and while Gwyn says she suspects her father simply tracked her, it may be completely otherwise. I just learned from watching both the show and playing the game that I should just trust no one. (I have made this mistake too many times though, with Sera)

Strong Ad posted: »

This point is meaningless. Duncan supported me trying to save Ryon while Royland rejected. I think it's just the non-Sentinal disagrees no matter what.

• Why would it be Duncan?

If it was Duncan, why would he go to the grove? It has to be the Maester. Remember in EP2 when you had the option to stay awake or something during the part when he was giving you milk of the poppy. Why else would they do that? to potray him as untrustworhhy. But then I think about duncan, and when meeting with gywn, the men who came, they had to have known she left. Also, he was not there when ethan died.

• edited March 2015

Maybe, but:

1. Not all Game of Thrones players are really into these theories, and definitely not all of them are thinking about the same way we are.
    2. In case of Royland, Elissa and Duncan is will be too strange and illogical. Of course, unexpected twists are necessary, but all of them should be logical to fit with the story and character development.
    Skiba7671 posted: »

Isn't Ortengryn too obvious?

• For 1, why would she trust Ludd after everything he's done to the forresters and their home and secondly to get your son back why reveal the plan to get your son back.

it is clear that Lady Forrester wants to have Ryon back at any cost, and Ludd probably promised she could have him back, if she revealed everything about the Forrester's plans. just as Grafite said. She kinda reminds me of Lady Catelyn Stark.

• you guys are crazy to think it is Duncan. Duncan is the most loyal subject you have hint the north grove. He is doing secret dealings going against the crows for house forrester his loyalty should not be questioned.

I think it is Lady Forrestor because she wants ryan back at all cost(SHE also wants peace and doesnt want any more of her kids to die)

my second guess is royland because of this. if you tell royland to take them one he doesn't stab anybody two the soldiers dont even harm him which i find both sides to be odd if royland is this blood craving war machine why is he not stabbing these whitehills and for attacking them why aren't they do anything about it? VERY FISHY.

Also the whitehill girl knows the family very well she knows she cant talk to royland to set up a meeting if he was loyal he tell her to go to hell on the other side why would you go directly to your spy and make it exposed? Duncan was the reason man of the house and she knows that.

it still leaves out one man the Maester.... people need to remember the job of a maester it is not just healing. but in reality the maester can not gain anything from betraying them he is a man that made a vow. He is to serve a house and that is it. the only motivation might be I hate these damn people I want a new lord that is it...... the maester really has no gain to betray. unless he is twisted and likes to see these people suffer like ramsy.

• I also thought about Lady Forrester but I can't seem to think of a single reason why she would betray her own house like that after all that happened. I'm also suspecting Duncan, I hope it's not him because I like him.

• IMO she is making the wrong decision out of love..she wanted Rodrik to kiss Lord Ludd's ring in episode 2. in episode 3 she told Rodrik "you were brave, but there will be consequences."

Talimancer posted: »

For 1, why would she trust Ludd after everything he's done to the forresters and their home and secondly to get your son back why reveal the plan to get your son back.

• I can't see Duncan being the traitor, with how much Lord Forrester trusted that guy. I'll trust his judgement.

Royland seems a bit too straightforward to be able to pull that off.

We don't really know the maester, which makes him a suspect. I've heard that maesters don't know loyalty,only survival.

And I always found it curious how Ludd Whitehill was strangely respectful towards Lady Forrester. I guess it means nothing, though.

Maybe she's working with the Whitehills because she thinks it will keep Ryon safe, or something. She seems to be losing it. I'm sure she's extremely paranoid about Ryon's safety. The Whitehills probably could get her to do some stuff if they approached her in secret, threatening her little boy.

Also, she's done plenty of things behind the Lord's back before. Sending Malcolm to Essos even if Ethan disallows it, sending Ravens and arranging meetings only telling the Lord after she's done it.

• edited March 2015

to protect her house she knows her son is to proud to stand down she wants to do it herself. and to buy time anything to delay the whitehills she knows her other son is coming and her daughter is helping

Mary5 posted: »

I also thought about Lady Forrester but I can't seem to think of a single reason why she would betray her own house like that after all that happened. I'm also suspecting Duncan, I hope it's not him because I like him.

• +pride where did you hear maesters dont know loyalty only surivial? They take a vow and they serve their houses to educate them heal them if anything they get very attached unless your with a cruel lord..... they are meant to be loyal is my point this is the lore of game of thrones i am speaking about and what would the motivation be? Maestors are stuck in their role for life even if forrestors die the order is suppose to send him else where. There is no capital gain for him. only sick pleasure. I am for sure it is the mother but could be roylond the way he fought was horrible

Pride posted: »

I can't see Duncan being the traitor, with how much Lord Forrester trusted that guy. I'll trust his judgement. Royland seems a bit too st

• the real traitor...dont let that smile fool you!

Alt text

• Does anyone think the "traitor" could be Gwyn. What if Ludd made a deal with her that she could marry Asher or he would be saved, so long as she makes a flase alliance with us and lie to us that we have a traitor among us, to stir up trouble in our council and cause us to break the house ourselves?

• Talking about it, isn't it odd that Lord Forrester told us to tell about the North Grove to Duncan only? Why not tell his wife, for example?

In a plot twist, though, what if Malcolm is the traitor? Someone might be telling him what's going down in Westeros.

And, thinking about it even more, what if Sera is the person to whom Lord Witehill sent a lot of gold (like Gwyn said)? She nows a lot about my troubles, although I can't see how she'd now about our plan to save Ryon, if even Mira doesn't know.

But... Thinking about it, what if COALBOY is working for freaking Lord Whitehill? He's got the maester spying for him at home and coalboy (always after me) in Kingslanding

Repost from my first threat created in this forum: I noticed there was some sort of misunderstanding about the Whitehill soldiers in the

• What if he is one of the two Whitehill assholes we have yet to meet (or one, if Gwyn is older than Gryff)?

Maester Ortengryn is the traitor. Most of the others in the small council have too much to lose if the information from the meeting gets out

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Her info's too specific (what she says depends on what you say in the episode) for her to not be getting info from someone.

Jaesong1 posted: »

Does anyone think the "traitor" could be Gwyn. What if Ludd made a deal with her that she could marry Asher or he would be saved, so long as

• I think it isn't Ser Royland when Rodrik get knocked down by Gryff and he commands Royland to do something Royland does it in a second risking his own life when he attacked the Whitehill soldiers he could easily be killed for that action, Maybe Gwynn is lying and maybe one of the Whitehill soldiers is eavesdropping on the conversations of Rodrik.

• Ortengryn for me.

• edited March 2015

Am I the only one wondering how Duncan managed to get the shields and delivered it to The Wall? And what good will it do?
    Also, it's strange how he seems to come up with good plans too often and somehow managed to contact Gwyn (probably the one who told her everything too). Even if he isn't a traitor, I believe he might have done something he shouldn't, as a desperate act to save this house.
    The Whitehill are no fools, they've been scheming this for a long time. Every choices I made made me feel like I'm getting closer to what they wanted me to do. House Forrester dun goofed big time, and if revenge was to take place, I'd rather spend years of exile and scheming than playing cowards and trusting people who want to use my desperation for their future benefits.

• This is really difficult actually, also to those trying to pin this on Malcolm- the treachery started when he'd left, and also it's a member of the small council which rules him out. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but at this point I'm ruling Ser Royland and** Duncan** out at the minute, because for a starting point if they are the traitors it will cause Telltale to make players feel like they've made the wrong decision and that's never been a part of their games. Also, you'll noticed that depending on which one's not sentinel, Lady Forrester immediately blames it on one or the other. This potentially creates two possible traitors, which is too difficult for the narrative I think. I like Royland a lot, and to be honest the guy blatantly hates the Whitehills and has me convinced he means well, he's just a bit aggressive. Also, if you order him to attack you'll noticed he's restrained for the entire time whilst Rodrik's being beaten.

On to Duncan, the only way of proving that he's a traitor will be if Whitehill or Bolton men come after Gared knowing the location of the North Grove, other than that I'd say you can pretty much rule him out, he and Royland are too obvious. My only issue is that, if it's Lady Forrester, well that's pretty much replicating what Catelyn Stark did in the show/books when she betrayed Robb's trust in order to have a chance at getting her daughters back, it just seems a little predictable.

My money's on Lady Forrester or the Maester.

• Don't forget, he checked rod's penis to make sure it worked.

Gapaot posted: »

Still not the point. He could just make it seems like he's healing us, keep wound uncleaned or with infection instide, stitch it and bam - w

• I suspected Malcolm for a while, but he's not the member of the Small Council plus he has a direct access to Asher only. It means that he needs to receive a letter from Ironrath and only then send the information to the Whitehills, which would be really slow way to contact. And I don't think Asher will just sit and nearby not knowing what Malcolm is going to write.
    Talking about Tom the Coal Boy - he's definitely not in love with Mira to help her without any benefit. The version about his connections with the Whitehills is quite possible, however, he didn't provide any help yet. As for now, he's just a fellow partner in crime, but his arrival in time is rather suspicious. Personally, I think that Damien was hired by the Whitehill merchant, the fat one (Andros), or Cersei (assuming she was aware of Mira's agreement with Tyrion behind her back). And Tom is Lord Morgryn's man. He was aware of Andros' plan to kill Mira and ordered the coal boy to save her in order to use Mira later. That's how I can explain "disagreement" with Andros he mentioned at the Purple Wedding.

SanQae posted: »

Talking about it, isn't it odd that Lord Forrester told us to tell about the North Grove to Duncan only? Why not tell his wife, for example?

• edited March 2015

I might not believe Gwyn except she knew of my plans too recently after they were made.

Duncan is the last on my list because while Gared was sent to the Wall, Duncan still tries to push him to find the North Grove. Royland, while hot-headed, seems too prideful to sell out to Whitehills. Which leaves the Maester or Lady Forrester. The Maester was the one who suggested ransoming ironwood, so maybe it was a plan to give the Whitehills what they want. And the Whitehills have Lady Forrester's son, so she might try to undermine plans against the Whitehills so her son could be safe or maybe returned.

• Plot Twist: There is no traitor. Duncan went after Gwyn and told her, and just her, everything she knew about our plans. He has an agreement with her, and believes that If Rodrik thinks someone among him is a traitor, he will start to ignore everyone else's opinions but Duncans, his most faithful servant, the one who told him about the treason in the first place. That way, he looks forward to neutralize Royland, his longtime rival and, in his view, the greates threat to stability and survival (with his trying to act with brute force all the time). Gwyn gets something out of this as well, and acts to make her father more calm.

Even bigger plot twist: Gwyn and Duncan are lovers. They're planting the seeds of doubt and destruction in both houses so they can marry and rule over us all together (+ they'll all get rich with the Ironwood cartel they'll create).

• But didn't coalboy show up before we were attacked, and before Lord Morgryn knew we were smart? I'm thinking that, if Coalboy was a Whitehill employee, helping me do all kinds of fishy stuff would actually be bad to my cause. But it still seems too farfetched. Lord Whitehill doesn't strike me as being that smart (maybe Gwyn?), and it would be easier for him just to kill me

I suspected Malcolm for a while, but he's not the member of the Small Council plus he has a direct access to Asher only. It means that he ne

• edited March 2015

Bro r u high

Talia's got more of a reason than most to want the Whitehills dead.

Plus the traitor is on the council and Talia isn't.

• I think it's somewhat safe to assume that the traitor is the person who let the Whitehill soldiers into Ironrath in the first episode, which leaves the Maester and whoever we didn't pick as sentinel. And since it seems out of character for Royland to be a traitor, I'm going to go with the Maester.

I wish it was Duncan however, I think it'd be an excellent twist if he's just using Gared so that the Whitehill's have access to the North Grove. Sadly, I don't think he is.

• I don't trust anything a Whitehill has to say!

• I have a bad feeling about Elissa. She's the only one that we can mention the traitor to in the episode. She's also the one who's been sending ravens in every direction including to Whitehill. I just feel like Whitehill might have said something to her about being an informant or he will kill Ryon.

Maybe, but: * Not all Game of Thrones players are really into these theories, and definitely not all of them are thinking about the sam

Sign in to comment in this discussion.