Oh that fickle Lady Margaery

edited March 2015 in Game Of Thrones

I'm curious how all the different choices you could possibly make with Margaery did or didn't affect the outcome. Personally, by this episode, I stopped trying to please Margaery and instead just struck out on my own. At this point I realized that she was never going to help Mira or her family so I stopped worrying about being loyal to her. She's not going to do anything to keep Mira safe either so I'm not worried about that anymore.

So first episode, I did what Margaery asked and said I served the king. I asked for her help on my mother's behalf but stole nothing from her.

In the second episode, I didn't forge the letter. I told Sera I'd help her out but it didn't seem to matter much. Except it made Sera swear to help me out in episode 3 (if she can be trusted).

But in this episode, I decided to leave her to talk to Tyrion. I suspected it didn't matter anyways. EDIT: A question that was here was answered. Thanks guys!

Anyways, discuss Margaery and how you think not being on her good side will affect you in later episodes. Will it matter what you did? Will Sera actually help?

Comments

• Tyrion tells you in front of Margaery about the decree if you decide to stay.

• I gave up on her pretty early in this episode - she spent the whole thing bitching at me. And up until that point I had done nothing but try and please her. She's clearly never going to help, so I decided to start doing things for myself.

• edited March 2015

Even if you try to shoo Tyrion away, she still gets angry at Mira since he will blabber on and mention the royal decree right in front of her.

Then she gets all like "Royal decree? Mira, what the fuck is he talking about, you little shit?" [not exact words but you get the feeling]

• Oh yeesh. Now I'm glad I went with him because I specifically don't want her to know about that right now.

Golthar posted: »

Tyrion tells you in front of Margaery about the decree if you decide to stay.

• She was impossible this episode.

I´ve been pro Margaery in every situation the game has offered and she still bitched at me and talked about replacing Mira anyway. Ugh.

• I can't stand Margaery in this game.

• I am actually very disappointed in how they are using Margaery. I feel like the movie and book Margaery would smile and make Mira feel like her favorite person in the world as she looked for the best spot to stab Mira in the back.

• Btw, am I the only one who found Tyrion highly tactless when he just rattled on about the ironwood agreement in front of the whole of King's Landing? That was kinda out of character. Or he was just being a scumbag.

• Or he had some kind of motive.

Don't know what would be worse. That telltale made him a complete idiot, or an evil bastard. Cause I love him in the show.

rousseau posted: »

Btw, am I the only one who found Tyrion highly tactless when he just rattled on about the ironwood agreement in front of the whole of King's Landing? That was kinda out of character. Or he was just being a scumbag.

• To be fair that (being friendly and nice to Mira) is pretty much what she has done before this episode. Maybe she was just stressed over the wedding :p

unseenclass posted: »

I am actually very disappointed in how they are using Margaery. I feel like the movie and book Margaery would smile and make Mira feel like her favorite person in the world as she looked for the best spot to stab Mira in the back.

• Pff. She's evil. Everybody's evil! :P

To be fair that (being friendly and nice to Mira) is pretty much what she has done before this episode. Maybe she was just stressed over the wedding

• Actually, Margaery is not bad per se, but she IS selfish when it comes to what she wants and needs. I think her portrayal is accurate.

unseenclass posted: »

I am actually very disappointed in how they are using Margaery. I feel like the movie and book Margaery would smile and make Mira feel like her favorite person in the world as she looked for the best spot to stab Mira in the back.

• I'm soooooo done with Margaery! Knowing her from the books I am aware that her own agenda is more important to her than anybody else. So I was already kinda weary from the beginning and didn't feel too bad to do exactly the same. House Forrester is my home and that's where my loyalties lie. I tried to avoid to get her into trouble with the queen, but now pffffft, screw them all! IRON FROM ICE!!!

• I'm still waiting for her help concerning Rodrik's betrothal. "I'm meeting grandmother this afternoon. She will know what to do about it, she can be very subtle."
    Yeah, that might have been too subtle, old woman!

VicMasina posted: »

I'm soooooo done with Margaery! Knowing her from the books I am aware that her own agenda is more important to her than anybody else. So I w

• Well, many book fans complain that he is too whitewashed in the show, and there is some truth to that tbh.

SpiderPig posted: »

Or he had some kind of motive. Don't know what would be worse. That telltale made him a complete idiot, or an evil bastard. Cause I love him in the show.

• edited March 2015

Part of me thinks she was just leading Mira on, that she didn't even bother to mention anything to her grandma.

I'm still waiting for her help concerning Rodrik's betrothal. "I'm meeting grandmother this afternoon. She will know what to do about it, she can be very subtle." Yeah, that might have been too subtle, old woman!

• Word to that my friend. I miss the miserable plotting bastard that i know and love.

With the exception of the whole 'where do whores go' aspect, that got pretty annoying in the books.

Well, many book fans complain that he is too whitewashed in the show, and there is some truth to that tbh.

• I think i may have to go back and play from the beginning. Only this time im gonna screw her around at every chance i get. Steal everything she owns, and actually ugh (shudders) side with Cersei as opposed to pretending. Fuck this bitch.

I tried sooooo hard, and i never even liked her in the first place. Grrrrrr...

VicMasina posted: »

I'm soooooo done with Margaery! Knowing her from the books I am aware that her own agenda is more important to her than anybody else. So I w

• So we just have to hope that he did that cause of some hidden motive. Drive a wedge between Margaery and Mira or something.

Well, many book fans complain that he is too whitewashed in the show, and there is some truth to that tbh.

• You have a point there.

It's not really his character, but I could imagine he was not too happy when Mira just basically tells him to piss off because she doesn't need him right now, and maybe wanted her to feel that you can't just leave him in the cold like that.

• It's not really his character, but I could imagine he was not too happy when Mira just basically tells him to piss off because she doesn't need him right now, and maybe wanted her to feel that you can't just leave him in the cold like that.

Btw, am I the only one who found Tyrion highly tactless when he just rattled on about the ironwood agreement in front of the whole of King's Landing? That was kinda out of character. Or he was just being a scumbag.

• I think Sera is lying about Mira getting replaced...

• Hahahaha yeah, I thought the same! When I played the second time (the first time I forged the letter, and I had the seal) I didn't ask for help with Ramsay, I saved that for the betrothal to see if Margeary will actually be useful this time around. But noooo. Granny did NOTHING for me. Her subtlety was probably to send a raven with no message on it. They'll know what to do with this, hint hint...

I'm still waiting for her help concerning Rodrik's betrothal. "I'm meeting grandmother this afternoon. She will know what to do about it, she can be very subtle." Yeah, that might have been too subtle, old woman!

• LOL, damn right!!

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I think i may have to go back and play from the beginning. Only this time im gonna screw her around at every chance i get. Steal everything

• Sera is probably gonna be the replacement herself. What a bitch... And then she's gonna end up getting married to Gryff and we can be her handmaiden. 0.o The Forresters get no damn break.

Sherio88 posted: »

I think Sera is lying about Mira getting replaced...

• I did the exact same thing as you except I stayed with Margaery instead of leaving with Tyrion.

• Yeah I realized after the previous eps and looking on all of your responses on the forums, you really can't please the damn woman. Nor will she save you. Her priorities is becoming Queen, not fixing handmaiden issues.
    But I figured though if you stayed with Marg instead of leaving for a private chit-chat with Tyrion she doesn't explode. She just speaks in a more annoyed tone.

• I feel you :1

It's not really his character, but I could imagine he was not too happy when Mira just basically tells him to piss off because she doesn't need him right now, and maybe wanted her to feel that you can't just leave him in the cold like that.

• Am I the only one who felt like Margaery was extremely out of character in this episode? I think it's wedding stress.

• My brain keeps calling her Margarine....

ABigBadWolf posted: »

She was impossible this episode. I´ve been pro Margaery in every situation the game has offered and she still bitched at me and talked about replacing Mira anyway. Ugh.

• I believe it's Not butter! Lol.

alostguy25 posted: »

My brain keeps calling her Margarine....

• edited April 2015

Yeah I know what you mean, I loved it when he pulled the rug out from under Little Finger over Myrcella's betrothal. The thing that has always bugged me about the whole "where do whores go" thing is that Jamie tells him that she wasn't a whore. So why does he assume that she is a whore? Surely he wouldn't be looking for someone who wasn't a whore among whores.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

Word to that my friend. I miss the miserable plotting bastard that i know and love. With the exception of the whole 'where do whores go' aspect, that got pretty annoying in the books.

• Or Joffery, I think she ripped her dress on purpose!

Pride posted: »

Part of me thinks she was just leading Mira on, that she didn't even bother to mention anything to her grandma.

• No, more like showing her true colours! Her veneer slipped, she said exactly what she thought instead of pretending.

karatyrell posted: »

Am I the only one who felt like Margaery was extremely out of character in this episode? I think it's wedding stress.

• True dat lol

SpiderPig posted: »

Pff. She's evil. Everybody's evil! :P

• I think it's more that Tyrion blames himself for turning her into a Whore. So his constant recital of 'where do whores go?' is really a self recrimination for his part in ruining her 'normal' life.

• I wonder how we'll see Margaery again in Episode 4, now with Joffrey dead she's not exactly holding the same level of power she used to, which is probably only a temporary setup for until she marries Tommen instead.

Perhaps she'll act differently towards Mira now?

• Yeah, obviously Margaery cares about her own interests first, but I do think that she usually is a friendly person.

karatyrell posted: »

Am I the only one who felt like Margaery was extremely out of character in this episode? I think it's wedding stress.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.