Maester Ortengryn is shady as fuck

Seriously, he's the only person on the Council I suspect at this point.

Comments

• We know next to nothing about him, other than he's the maester. It bothers me.

• Also he just says shady stuff - even back when he was mending Gared's leg I felt like he was asking a lot of weird questions.

Pride posted: »

We know next to nothing about him, other than he's the maester. It bothers me.

• Never trust a man who looks at your dick while sleeping.

• I dunno, I can't really suspect him for some reason. Seems too obvious. And he does leap to Rodrik's defense when Gryff is hitting him.

Duncan is my suspect, I reckon. Royland is more the type to punch you in the face than stab you in the back.

• I mentioned this on another thread but this one is perfect. He gave me the creeps when he was holding a serrated blade (for amputation) during the leg surgery.

• He is. But i really want to like him, though. I also highly suspect him being the one who opened the gate for the soldiers in episode 1

• The Whitehill's might have some sort of a plan, and it would need Rodrick to be alive, making him tell him to stop, which he then does

I dunno, I can't really suspect him for some reason. Seems too obvious. And he does leap to Rodrik's defense when Gryff is hitting him. Duncan is my suspect, I reckon. Royland is more the type to punch you in the face than stab you in the back.

• How would you know he just, LOOKED?

Alt text

Never trust a man who looks at your dick while sleeping.

• The gate is just a plot hole. They never mention it in the next two episodes. And that part plays out the same if you lock the soldiers out or let them in.

Dalek93 posted: »

He is. But i really want to like him, though. I also highly suspect him being the one who opened the gate for the soldiers in episode 1

• YES. I was so suspicious during that scene because my injuries definitely wouldn't require that kind of knife. Maybe he was trying to really cripple Rodrik? I don't know, but that's why I refused the milk of the poppy.

I mentioned this on another thread but this one is perfect. He gave me the creeps when he was holding a serrated blade (for amputation) during the leg surgery.

• You know, he did say he checked to make sure Rodrik was very much ...ehem... a man still, in terms of lineage.

wink wink

How would you know he just, LOOKED?

• I'm not sure who the traitor is. I highly, highly doubt it's Royland, since he hates the Whitehills so much. I think it's either Lady Forrester or Maester Ortengryn. I'm leaning towards the Maester.

• He was kinda quick to give our iron wood away in episode 1. But just don't know how much I can trust him yet. Hopefully we'll get a chance to learn a little more about him next episode.

• He lay dying in a cart full of other rotting bodies for like a week. There would be plenty of dead and rotted flesh in those wounds that needed to be cut out.

imlarroca posted: »

YES. I was so suspicious during that scene because my injuries definitely wouldn't require that kind of knife. Maybe he was trying to really cripple Rodrik? I don't know, but that's why I refused the milk of the poppy.

• Alt text

Pride posted: »

You know, he did say he checked to make sure Rodrik was very much ...ehem... a man still, in terms of lineage. wink wink

• With a GIGANTIC serrated blade???

unseenclass posted: »

He lay dying in a cart full of other rotting bodies for like a week. There would be plenty of dead and rotted flesh in those wounds that needed to be cut out.

• Lol exactly... I also refused the milk of the poppy and let his mother in and stay for the same reason.

imlarroca posted: »

With a GIGANTIC serrated blade???

• I'm fairly convinced he's the red herring. Telltale's made him a bit of an oddball who often suggests avoiding conflict and not causing trouble, which usually ties into appeasing the Whitehills.

When Episode 1 came out I wondered why he wasn't present when Ethan died, then again in Episode 2 at the funeral, but he feels way too obvious to me. Granted, predictable isn't always bad and it could just mean those who suspect him are good at deduction. I don't think casual players really think about him enough to suspect him.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.