Im calling it now (Who the T****** is)

edited March 2015 in Game Of Thrones

When and if you tell lady forrester about the traitor, you get to choose who you suspect. I learned my lesson from TWAU about suspecting someone - its never someone who is in the choice wheel. Not royland, not duncan and not the maester.

Comments

• edited March 2015

How come? Georgie was one of the suspects in TWAU and he turned out to be the actual killer or the one who carried out the orders of his superior, anyhow.

Unless there's something I'm missing out on...

• but it has to be in the small council.

• Plot twist: the traitor is Rodrik. The series has been written by M Night Shyamalan this whole time.

But seriously, all evidence points to Lady Forrester. We know for a fact she's had recent letter correspondence with Ludd Whitehill, and we know she's obsessed with getting Ryon back, seemingly over the welfare of the actual house. That's why I chose not to tell her about the traitor, or Gwyn.

• I think its the Maester. Lord Forrester trusted Duncan and Royland always wants to kill the Whitehills. Also, how convenient that the Maester wasnt there when Ethan was killed, when they needed him most.

• It pretty much has to be the Maester in my opinion. It seems really unlikely that it would be Duncan, as he is really concerned with finding the North Grove. I'm pretty sure it's not Royland either, considering he can put his life on the line to attack Gryff and his men. I don't think he would do that if he was a traitor... though I suppose it's kind of interesting that zero harm comes to him even after he personally attacks Gryff and his men. Obviously it's not Lady Forrester, as she would be completely undermining herself. The Maester seems to be the only one who I can't think of a defense for, so that leads me to think he is the traitor.

• I think so,too. Noone else ever heard of these plans, except if someone told all Ironrath about them.
    Well it could be Eleana or even Talia..

• It will be whoever you did not chose as Sentinel. So some people will get Duncan others Royland. Then Telltale can say "There your choices matterd now shut up about it!"

• major TWAU spoilers. not gonna play the game now.

Lingvort posted: »

How come? Georgie was one of the suspects in TWAU and he turned out to be the actual killer or the one who carried out the orders of his superior, anyhow. Unless there's something I'm missing out on...

• edited March 2015

In the grand scheme of things, it's really not a big deal to know that. I'd definitely recommend playing the game anyway.

major TWAU spoilers. not gonna play the game now.

• Dayum, so sorreh.

major TWAU spoilers. not gonna play the game now.

• Is Ludd stupid enough to discredit his mole in front of the rival lord?

ranger563 posted: »

Plot twist: the traitor is Rodrik. The series has been written by M Night Shyamalan this whole time. But seriously, all evidence points t

• It can't be Duncan. I mean, freakin' Lord Forrester trusted him, and only him with the North Grove.

• edited March 2015

Well.. I confronted her about the traitor and she seemed to blame Duncan (As I choosed Royland as sentinel). Now what kind of person would blame someone else if confronted with such a thing? Like, the best thing to do if she has anything to do with it is to admit to what she have done at that point. Blaming someone else would just make matters worse than they already are. Just a thought, might not be particulary relevant considering that it all depends on whether you choose to tell her about it or not.

ranger563 posted: »

Plot twist: the traitor is Rodrik. The series has been written by M Night Shyamalan this whole time. But seriously, all evidence points t

• edited March 2015

I think it'd be a pretty smart move to do that actually, draw attention away from her and all.

Watching it again, I have noticed that during the scene where you plan your strategy it cuts to Ortengryn doing this suspicious face, like ¬_¬, for no apparent reason. And he did seem eager to give the Boltons the Ironwood in episode 1. But it just seems too obvious--Lady Forrester is a way better choice.

JohnKersky posted: »

Is Ludd stupid enough to discredit his mole in front of the rival lord?

• It's the maester

• edited March 2015

By the way, does anyone know what Mama Forrester says when you accuse Duncan, Royland or Maester?

• she names the others you haven't picked and says that there's no way to know and that they can't trust anybody if they don't know who it is. Something like that, correct me if i'm wrong

Pride posted: »

By the way, does anyone know what Mama Forrester says when you accuse Duncan, Royland or Maester?

• edited March 2015

OK so interesting thought for all who think it's not Duncan...

Don't you find it a bit odd that the Whitehill soldier who killed your family was also sent to the wall considering neither the Whitehills or the Boltons seem too fussed about what he did?

Don't you find it a bit odd that he comes in just after Duncan gives you the stuff to find the North Grove?
    Why would he be punished NOW right as YOU are encouraged to get out as soon as you can to go find the north grove no matter about your vows?

I think that, perhaps, Duncan has given away the goods and Whitehill has sent someone in to follow you at Duncan's suggestion.

It all seems a bit too coincidental for me, and as an avid mystery reader, I don't often pick the person that all the evidence points to (Lady Forrester).

• I did not tell Lady Forrester. She is crazed and I don't trust her with that kind of information. Safer for her to not be looking at the others as traiters while she has the Whitehill soldiers to contend with.

• edited March 2015

I must say, it is pretty damn weird that the guy was sent to the wall.

Ludd was acting like the man was completely innocent when he confronted Ethan.

And I highly doubt he cares about the Forresters at all, to give them justice and punish the man who did the real crime. I think he sent that guy there to kill Gared.

About Duncan though, we do have a spy in the council, but not necessarily him. Maybe some other person picked up that Gared is doing something substantial at the Wall, because the Forresters do say a couple of times among their council meetings that "even Gared still stands with us"

Sherio88 posted: »

OK so interesting thought for all who think it's not Duncan... Don't you find it a bit odd that the Whitehill soldier who killed your fam

• To be fair, I don't think he could've done much to help Ethan.

Poogers555 posted: »

I think its the Maester. Lord Forrester trusted Duncan and Royland always wants to kill the Whitehills. Also, how convenient that the Maester wasnt there when Ethan was killed, when they needed him most.

• It's Lady Forrester, she has been doing things the whole game according to her own whims. Without asking her sons and Lords. And she's uber pissed because Rodrick (in my game) didn't kiss the ring for Ryon. And we know for a fact she has been communicating with Ludd without our prior knowledge.

Personally i think she has lost it, i haven't trusted her from the beginning.

• edited March 2015

What about the fact that Gwyn reveals to Rodrick that the Whitehills know about the plot to retake Ryon (in the case that you choose that course of action)? Why would Lady Forrester sell out the plot to get her own son back? It doesn't make much sense for her to do that, especially since she was the one who suggested that course of action in the first place. This kind of rules her out in my opinion. She also seems to despise the Whitehills, and I would say that she definitely wants revenge. I don't think she can just forget all the wrongs against her family and destroy the House from within just for the sake of her own safety.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

It's Lady Forrester, she has been doing things the whole game according to her own whims. Without asking her sons and Lords. And she's uber

• That's exactly what I was thinking. Kudos to you sir!

unseenclass posted: »

It will be whoever you did not chose as Sentinel. So some people will get Duncan others Royland. Then Telltale can say "There your choices matterd now shut up about it!"

• I don't think she's doing any of it to destroy her own house. Quite the opposite actually. I think that she doesn't have faith that her family will come out of this intact if she doesn't comply with the Whitehills every demand. Look how irrational she is during confrontations, she is always waffling on her opinions on whether to comply or just scream at everyone.

I respect your opinion, this is just mine.

Belan posted: »

What about the fact that Gwyn reveals to Rodrick that the Whitehills know about the plot to retake Ryon (in the case that you choose that co

• edited March 2015

Like I said though, that doesn't really add up with what we hear from Gwyn in the case of choosing to retake Ryon. Why would Lady Forrester undermine her own plan to rescue her son? If she is in fact the traitor, then that would mean that she first offered up a plan of action, that plan of action was agreed upon by the council, and then she immediately started working against that very same plan of action (the one that she suggested in the first place) alongside the Whitehills. It just doesn't make much sense lol.

I don't think she's doing any of it to destroy her own house. Quite the opposite actually. I think that she doesn't have faith that her fami

• Yeah, if it is her it's not out of malicious intent. She just wants her son back and chances are that Ludd is saying "tell us what Rodrik is planning and we won't hurt Ryon."

I don't think she's doing any of it to destroy her own house. Quite the opposite actually. I think that she doesn't have faith that her fami

• Exactly!

JakeSt123 posted: »

Yeah, if it is her it's not out of malicious intent. She just wants her son back and chances are that Ludd is saying "tell us what Rodrik is planning and we won't hurt Ryon."

• She is extremely irrational as evidenced by her behavior, and very fearful for her youngest son's life. I would say this alone could give her pause about the plans chances of success. And if Whitehill is telling her what she wants to hear, as JakeSt said above, i can see her doing all of this and thinking it's for the benefit of her children.

Look at all of the occasions where we don't find out what actions she has done until After she has done them, without our permission. It's definitely within her wheelhouse.

Like I said though, that doesn't really add up with what we hear from Gwyn in the case of choosing to retake Ryon. Why would Lady Forrester

• edited March 2015

That's certainly very possible, but it still doesn't line up with what happens in the episode. If during the council meeting you choose to go with the plan of saving Ryon, the information you get from Gwyn during your meeting with her contradicts the idea that Lady Forrester is the traitor. She wouldn't have even bothered to go out of her way to offer up a different course of action to what the council was originally going to go with if she was just going to leave the council meeting and immediately start working against her own plan.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Yeah, if it is her it's not out of malicious intent. She just wants her son back and chances are that Ludd is saying "tell us what Rodrik is planning and we won't hurt Ryon."

• edited March 2015

I agree with you that she doesn't always think rationally (which is why I didn't tell her about there being a traitor). But going back again to the plan to save Ryon, she wouldn't have objected to the original course of action during the council meeting if all she wanted to do was sit back and gather information. This is her very own plan we're talking about here. If all she wanted to do was play the role of spy, she wouldn't be drafting and pushing for her own plans opposed to Rodrick's. I also don't know why she would be adamant about saving Ryon if she didn't think her plan would even work. It just doesn't add up that she would insist on her own course of action during the council meeting, and then leave the council meeting and actively start working against herself. It's contradictory.

Also, in working with the Whitehills in order to potentially save Ryon's life, she would also be potentially putting her other son's life in danger. Seems kind of like a lose-lose situation..

She is extremely irrational as evidenced by her behavior, and very fearful for her youngest son's life. I would say this alone could give he

• edited March 2015

As another example of the Crazy that mothers are capable of when their children are in danger, i give you the Catelyn Starkwho released one of the best fighters in the opposing army and worthy bargaining chips in her King's possession, on his word (which is notoriously worth exactly nothing).

Also done in secret, and against the best interests of herself, her house and her children.

That's certainly very possible, but it still doesn't line up with what happens in the episode. If during the council meeting you choose to g

• edited March 2015

I understand all that. Like I said, I agree that Lady Forrester potentially could work with the Whitehills in order to ensure Ryon's safety. That being said, this theory does not add up with what we hear from Gwyn, for reasons explained above.

As another example of the Crazy that mothers are capable of when their children are in danger, i give you the Catelyn Starkwho released one

• Lol. Every situation the Forresters wind up in is a lose-lose situation.

With regards to Gwynn, i may have to go back and play again. I have only played the once so far, and perhaps i missed something.

I agree with you that she doesn't always think rationally (which is why I didn't tell her about there being a traitor). But going back again

• edited March 2015

Lol. Every situation the Forresters wind up in is a lose-lose situation.

Yeah, in general they seem pretty screwed over. In regards to the Ryon situation though, becoming a spy for Ludd Whitehill is the only straight up lose-lose situation, as she is potentially getting one son out of danger, but is paying for it by putting her other son in danger. In choosing not to give up on trying to get Ryon away from Ludd Whitehill, she can potentially be working to save both Ryon's and Rodrick's lives, and not sacrificing one's safety for the other.

With regards to Gwynn, i may have to go back and play again. I have only played the once so far, and perhaps i missed something.

You may have had a bit of a different conversation than I had if you chose not to go with the plan of saving Ryon. She definitely does bring up the fact that the traitor informed her family about the plan to save him if you decided to agree to that plan during the council meeting though.

Lol. Every situation the Forresters wind up in is a lose-lose situation. With regards to Gwynn, i may have to go back and play again. I have only played the once so far, and perhaps i missed something.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.