Fight on the Wall

What did you guys do? I kept trying to avoid a fight, but that clearly wasn't going to work out... I ended up leaving him to die, but I'm kind of wishing I had pushed him off the Wall.

Comments

• I wanted to kill him for a long time, so when he came up the wall I was like dang, was not expecting that. So I Sparta kicked him.

• I tried to avoid him at first, but then when he told me the details about my father and sister's deaths, I became infuriated and attacked him. I stabbed him in the chest then kicked him off the wall. He deserved a slow death, but it just sounded so epic to kick someone of the freaking wall! And I thought they might not find the body if you kick him down. But it seems they do anyways.

• I had decided I was deserting to go look for the North Grove anyway. So When I saw him get off the lift I just said "Fuck it" and went for the kill.

• But you don't want to risk being executed before you can go to Craster's Keep ant desert, do you? ;)

unseenclass posted: »

I had decided I was deserting to go look for the North Grove anyway. So When I saw him get off the lift I just said "Fuck it" and went for the kill.

• Really? I was expecting it to be him on the lift as soon as I heard the bell.

I wanted to kill him for a long time, so when he came up the wall I was like dang, was not expecting that. So I Sparta kicked him.

• I wanted to avoid a fight as much as possible because I didn't want to get killed for treason because some asshole wanted to fight but it turned out that wouldn't happen so I killed him and left him.

• Well I want Gared and Cotter the Wildling to break off from the Night's Watch to get to the North Grove. So I made this piece of shit suffer for what he did to my family.

• I've also decided on deserting, but that same decision was what made me try to avoid the fight. Jon Snow pretty much said he wouldn't allow Garred to go north of the wall if there would be trouble between the two. So, I tried to avoid the fight, but since that ended up being not possible, I kicked him off the wall. I don't expect Finn can keep a secret so let's hope there's a way to convince everyone it was self defense or Garred may never make it north of the wall.

unseenclass posted: »

I had decided I was deserting to go look for the North Grove anyway. So When I saw him get off the lift I just said "Fuck it" and went for the kill.

• edited March 2015

I remembered when Jon Snow told me not to fight with him, but I was like naah , and I kicked him out of the wall

• I knew its telltale so no matter what I do the result is the same. Which is why I hit him first, didnt let him pick up the sword, tortured him and then threw him off the wall.

• edited March 2015

Man...as soon as that bitch started going on about Gared's father and sister, I just wanted to kill him. So I drew my sword first chance I got.

Something stupid drove me and I didn't make him suffer. I should've known it would end with him dying anyway.

• It's so annoying that you can't spare him!
    And for f##k's sake why is every antagonist in this bloody game so over the top evil!
    It's just shoddy writing at this point!
    Seriously am I supposed to believe that every rival of the forrester's is a pure-evil, Death-Happy moron. It is getting ridiculous.

• I like this game but half the character's are just cartoonish in behaviour.

• I tried to be non-lethal as much as possible and left him at the end.

• I was disappointed that you weren't allowed to use that ironwood shield in the fight. I mean, it was right there. What's the point in letting you interact with it then?

• I tried to avoid the fight and killing him at all cost. Instead of going Sparta on that ass I just walked off thinking he'd live but we all know how that went.

So if you go full Sparta on him does anyone find the body or is that something you have to wait for the next episode to find out?

• Well, he is the dude who slow-butchered an old dude and his daughter for giggles. It's not like he even knew that they were important. He was pretty much stuck in the "pure evil" side of the column from the second he came on screen. Acting nice at Castle Black wouldn't do much to redeem his character.

AdamGoodtme posted: »

It's so annoying that you can't spare him! And for f##k's sake why is every antagonist in this bloody game so over the top evil! It's jus

• It just made me side-eye Jon Snow even more. Apparently everyone and their granny thinks being sent to the wall is the Worst Thing Ever, but Jon was super shocked it wasn't the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or something.

I like this game but half the character's are just cartoonish in behaviour.

• Yeah, but that's my point every single villain in the game is pure evil from the second they're on screen. There's no suprise or suspense or even realism in the way TellTale is handling the Whitehill's and co.

RykaStar posted: »

Well, he is the dude who slow-butchered an old dude and his daughter for giggles. It's not like he even knew that they were important. He wa

• Yeah, no kidding. It's not even a northern thing since Finn and the prisoner from episode one clearly have negative thoughts about it.

It just made me side-eye Jon Snow even more. Apparently everyone and their granny thinks being sent to the wall is the Worst Thing Ever, but Jon was super shocked it wasn't the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or something.

• I do have to admit. The term "The sword in the darkness," does have a bit of an honorable sound to it.

It just made me side-eye Jon Snow even more. Apparently everyone and their granny thinks being sent to the wall is the Worst Thing Ever, but Jon was super shocked it wasn't the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or something.

• I think the traitor will have some nuance, because pretty much every member of the council has helped the Forresters quite a bit.

I actually don't think Gryff is that much a villain. He's just stuck with a shit father and being forced to prove himself. His men are pretty shamelessly evil, but not convinced he is yet.

Yeah, but that's my point every single villain in the game is pure evil from the second they're on screen. There's no suprise or suspense or even realism in the way TellTale is handling the Whitehill's and co.

• Oh please...

The Forresters and Whitehills HATED each other for decades, if not more. The fact you expect anyone on the Whitehills side to have any sort of sympathetic feelings for the Forresters is laughable. You should be happy that we actually get Gwyn as a redeeming/nice Whitehill member, considering their past I personally expected 0 inside-help, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw her character. Nevermind the fact you actually expect anyone to be sympathetic towards the Forresters in GOT, that alone is worth a chuckle considering this House is practically dead after the Red Wedding. No one would want to help or even be affiliated with a dead House that was connected to "traitors" a few days before, THAT'S "realism". The only reason Forresters are still talked to is because of their Ironwood.

"There's no realism", allow me to laugh copiously at that, for the reasons above.

And there is plenty of "villainous characters" that are not just "pure evil", want me to name them ? Sure.

Cersei is a villain, yet she does it because she'd do anything for her family, more importantly her children.

That Whitehill merchant (Morgryn was it ?) is a villain as well, it's not because he's polite that he's a nice guy. He only has his interests in mind as seen when he instantly drops any connection with Mira after the decree story. But that's just that, he's a villain that you can still use if your interests don't clash, he doesn't just hate your guts for no reason/until the end of the story.

Finn is an utter ass in the beginning, yet he somehow shows us a glimpse of the reason he's that way when they all go to the weirwood tree. He's not just a bully, he has reasons.

Gryff is the same. Stand up until the end and you'll understand that no one ever gave a shit about him, that no one ever really respected him, and that he's sick of it. Is he a villain ? Yeah. Is he a villain with no reason whatsoever to be ? Hell no.

Even Tazal had a story with Asher/Beskha before, and seeing their personality I'm not even sure they weren't the ones to start the hostilities.

All the villains we've met so far are pretty damn well believable imo, considering we're always given a reason for them to hate/dislike us. Show me 1 villain that hates the Forresters without a reason, and then you might have a point. I say "might" because compared to the number of villains that actually have a good reason to be how they are, only 1 will be pretty much irrelevant, but it'll at least be something.

Yeah, but that's my point every single villain in the game is pure evil from the second they're on screen. There's no suprise or suspense or even realism in the way TellTale is handling the Whitehill's and co.

• edited March 2015

Killed this pothead and made him suffer before sparta kick. I did know that in ep4 you will be forced to break your vows and go to North Grove with, or without sneaky ass wildling (forgot his name, Carlton? Carter?) so no problem if before leaving I would kill one damn whitehill.

• 'Don't piss yourself on the way down'

ASAASSAASGXJFJFJ

• I believe he meant join the nights watch not go up the elevator.

Really? I was expecting it to be him on the lift as soon as I heard the bell.

• edited March 2015

I had Gared try to avoid a fight. I've been playing Gared as almost honorable to a fault, so despite wanting to kill the man he sought to avoid it so as not jeopardize his North Grove mission, and because he had given his word to Jon Snow. But by the end Britt had refused multiple chances to stand down, and had been mortally wounded during the fight. The damage was already done and there was no longer a way for Gared to avoid getting in trouble, and Britt was dying anyway, so I had Gared deliver justice and kick him off the wall.

• They don't need to find the body anyway. There is blood all over the place and the other asshole (Finn was his name?) saw what you did there. No need for the body for proof.

AdamBizzle posted: »

I tried to avoid the fight and killing him at all cost. Instead of going Sparta on that ass I just walked off thinking he'd live but we all

• I made him suffer.

Nᴏ Rᴇɢʀᴇᴛs™

• Avoided it, but the fight had to happen no matter what. I left him after the fight. It'll be interesting to see how my brothers respond to this since I think I'm on their good side.

• I gave my word to Jon Snow, so I didn't kill him. I was surprised how easy it was for me not to get caught up in hatred. It was much harder for me as Roderick to deal with the Whitehill soldiers and Gryff, so I let these bastards have it! My Gared is more careful and levelheaded. I don't want to mess up my chance as ranger - however, it seems like even though I spared the a-hole's life, Jon Snow asks me about his death as shown in the preview to the next episode.. So wtf? Well, at least I can say with clear conscious that it wasn't my doing. The idiot probably threw himself off, just to get me into trouble. It seems like we're all about to be forced to flee with Cotter the potato effer anyway, no matter whether we killed Britt or not. I'm only sad that I have to break my word to Jon Snow. My personal moral dilemma is that since I read the books besides watching the show, and I truly respect the night watch. I know that their work is important BEYOND any houses or individual strife. I couldn't even promise uncle Duncan to betray my vows and my brothers. This is probably the hardest of all dilemmas for me.

As far as the evil characters go, there is only so much time to tell a massively complex story as this. We can't expect the writers to give each villain a redeeming quality. The characters do what they are designed to do: instill a hatred of the Whitwhills and a loyalty to our house Forrester in us. I am thoroughly satisfied with hating all of our enemies and am actually glad that it is that black and white. We have enough stress with all our options how to deal with each characters horrible situations. It's a blessing we don't have to double and triple guess ourselves with morals towards the Whitehills on top of that :)

• I tried to kill that fucking pig. Showed no mercy but at least i let him pick up a sword. In the end i tortured him like the pig he is.

• I did the same as you. Partly cause of the promise to Snow. But also... I was hoping to get the chance to kill him on my own terms later.

Should have pushed him off....

• Gared is a complete badass during the fight. I was also rather surprised that I didn't give into my hatred. Makes it all the more satisfying when that bastard died.

Next time, I am going to make him suffer or kick his ass off the wall.

• I tried to avoid a fight but as soon as he forced it then he was dead.

• I forgot about Tazal, though he has almost no screen time and is a determinant.
    I haven't had a second play-through yet so I didn't know about Gryff, thank you for pointing that out.
    Cersei isn't a original-to-telltale character, the show/books have tons of great villains i was complaining about the new ones.
    Finn was never an antagonist, just a minor bully.
    Morgryn isn't an antagonist(yet) and could become an ally.
    Ludd Whitehill IS cartoonishly evil, rude, brazen villain.

And the Forrester's hate the Whitehill's just as much yet you don't see any of them acting as vile, or disgraceful towards them(possible exceptions being Royland and Rodrik)
    Uou can hate someone without constantly degrading them in their own house, refusing a child from attending his brother's funeral and mocking a dead 9 year old.

Byakuren posted: »

Oh please... The Forresters and Whitehills HATED each other for decades, if not more. The fact you expect anyone on the Whitehills side t

• Also you seem to have taken my comment a little too harshly I wasn't trying to b!+<h about TellTale, only offer criticism to one of the game's faults (though i admit I got carried away) This is an interesting topic, but before things get heated we both should calm down abit, there was no need for all of the sarcasm and disdain in your comment above.

Oh please... The Forresters and Whitehills HATED each other for decades, if not more. The fact you expect anyone on the Whitehills side t

• Well, in Episode 1, my Gared swore that he'd kill his family's murderers. Britt was the only one still alive (killed both of the other soldiers). But as much as I wanted vengeance, I didn't want to be as sadistic as him, so I just kicked him off the Wall.

• I tried to avoid hitting him, but I had to kill him anyway, and I left him there, I thought he might live.

• Well said sir! applause

Sign in to comment in this discussion.